Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alex Hunt
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 180 Guests

Alex Hunt

This thread currently has 23,677 views. Print
19 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
fishcake63
January 14, 2022, 6:27am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He was good enough to get the Gimps out of this league.

yes & with a worse squad than what we currently have one example rhead or taylor
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 187
fishcake63
January 14, 2022, 6:32am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from Bigdog

I'm not sure they did, but at least Towler could pick a pass between the lines. Our early season results flattered us because of the opposition. Defending was still woeful at Maidenhead, Bromley, Wealdstone and Altrincham when we were top..

Having someone like Waterfall affects the whole DNA of any side, you either go one way like Lincoln did which was very direct or you go the other. Anything else is a compromise if you're trying to get promoted. Not popular but it's whathink. Football's gone way beyond one stopper one quick partner, one big target man, one nippy partner, etc etc

Anyway, don't post much nowadays.. I've said my bit for a while..

what total nonsense
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 187
Hagrid
January 14, 2022, 7:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,413
Gold Stars: 534
Probably a good thing you dont post much Bigdog

Waterfalls been excellent. My MOM On Tuesday night
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 187
pen penfras
January 14, 2022, 7:44am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from fishcake63

yes & with a worse squad than what we currently have one example rhead or taylor

Wow, that's rose tinted glasses at its worst. To think this squad is anything near that of the Lincoln squad that steamrollered the league is crazy. Just because Taylor is a better footballer than Rhead doesn't mean he wasn't incredibly effective at this level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 187
Mayaman
January 14, 2022, 7:53am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from moosey_club

Spokes isn't good enough, end of.  Khouri realistically isn't either but I think he has maybe suffered from not having a dedicated position as such.
Hunt is a very decent player and gets the ball moving through the different thirds of the pitch very quickly.

If he doesn't return then again, like Towler, wish him all the best.  

Last season Spokes showed one or two sparks.  Also, last season Waterfall was crap.  This season, he's playing well.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 187
Mayaman
January 14, 2022, 8:02am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

He seems to have crushed the confidence and put doubts into what looked like a cohesive and happy squad. Very early in the bad run,he started moaning about one or two players not performing and then at least six games before the transfer window began threatening the players with change very publicly. Now I'm no psychologist but I don't think outbursts like that, softly spoken or not, helped with squad confidence. Maybe a bit more of "I've got belief in my players" or "we've got a talented bunch here", might have got better desired effects than digging them out in public. It was like, "my tactics are perfect" it's the players who aren't good enough to carry them out" kind of thing. Never goes down well with pro-football squads. The bizarre dropping of Towler and Hunt at times can't have gone down well either internally and it obviously affected both players. I thought Bapaga was growing into the season and then he disappeared without a trace.

I mean, look what we've been left with at the moment, a shambles of a squad with probably four, five or six with the ability to compete at the top end of Division Five. Massive transfer window for Hurst coming up.. and for the owners too imho. I said ten games in we were in a flattering position and I've gone from giving PH time to now giving him until the end of February to turn this around or else he doesn't deserve to be the one to build our club's playing side off the pitch. His record over the past three or four seasons speaks for itself. He's no longer holding a winning formula on his cv..

Totally agree BigDog.  I can't see how a team that was firing on all cylinders can just lose it.  The form at the start of the season wasn't a fluke, we had panache.  We had the best goal difference in the league with a myriad (i can't remember the number) scorers.   The loss of McAtee was a blow but I don't believe it could have made that much difference.  The incentive to play well is to win as a team but also get picked for the next week.  As you mentioned, players got dropped and none of us could understand why.   PH can be a bit dour.  Remember JT in an interview saying that was a good goal.  PH chuckled and said it was decent.  OK, we don't have to go all American and say that it was the best goal ever but at least give credit where credit is due.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 187
Mayaman
January 14, 2022, 8:10am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from lee65

Good point, our main problem is scoring goals.  Early season when we conceded I generally felt we could get back in the game, but now it’s back to last seasons feeling that if we go 1-0 down that’s game over  

That's why MD's goal against Halifax was so pleasing. I felt that we might have turned the corner there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 187
jamesgtfc
January 14, 2022, 9:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from fishcake63

Rhead and Taylor are two completely different players but aside from Rhead that Lincoln team ran harder than anyone else and put at least 30 crosses into the box every game. Habergham in particular was excellent for them as an attacking left back and so was Alex Woodyard in the centre of midfield. Whilst Elliott Whitehouse had tons of energy he was mainly a substitute.

3 very effective centre halves to choose from in Waterfall, Raggett and Howe. They also had 4 very good wingers to choose from in Harry Anderson, Josh Ginnelly, Nathan Arnold and Terry Hawkridge.

That Lincoln squad was certainly better than what we currently have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 187
Poojah
January 14, 2022, 9:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,532
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Rhead and Taylor are two completely different players but aside from Rhead that Lincoln team ran harder than anyone else and put at least 30 crosses into the box every game. Habergham in particular was excellent for them as an attacking left back and so was Alex Woodyard in the centre of midfield. Whilst Elliott Whitehouse had tons of energy he was mainly a substitute.

3 very effective centre halves to choose from in Waterfall, Raggett and Howe. They also had 4 very good wingers to choose from in Harry Anderson, Josh Ginnelly, Nathan Arnold and Terry Hawkridge.

That Lincoln squad was certainly better than what we currently have.

Bradley Wood says he’ll bet you £20 it wasn’t…

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 187
Simon
January 14, 2022, 6:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +237
Gold Stars: 33
Just signed a new contract at SWFC good luck to the lad

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 187
19 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alex Hunt

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.