19 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
January 17, 2022, 5:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,636
Gold Stars: 261
Good news for us though is if he plays well there then it could help put a further nail in Scunny's coffin.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 187
thevera
January 17, 2022, 6:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
Good move on Oldham's part in trying to secure their league status however I understand they have Matt Green in their sights also!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 187
dicko995
January 17, 2022, 6:26pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
Football died when agents stepped in, in days before,the Club owned the player, so players played to keep their contract. Its a money game now, and Clubs are ripped off with agents. If its not broken, dont fix it, too many money grabbing entreupenaires (however you spell it) have found a money earning businessm and reaped the rewards. Back in the old days (showing my age), i loved doing Littlewoods pools, and checked results where EVERY club played on a Saturday afternoon, and there was David Coleman giving the results out at teatime. Then off i went to the newsagents for the Sporting Telegraph at 6.15pm, stopping at the chippie for sixpenny mix, oh how i miss them days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 187
aldi_01
January 17, 2022, 6:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from dicko995
Football died when agents stepped in, in days before,the Club owned the player, so players played to keep their contract. Its a money game now, and Clubs are ripped off with agents. If its not broken, dont fix it, too many money grabbing entreupenaires (however you spell it) have found a money earning businessm and reaped the rewards. Back in the old days (showing my age), i loved doing Littlewoods pools, and checked results where EVERY club played on a Saturday afternoon, and there was David Coleman giving the results out at teatime. Then off i went to the newsagents for the Sporting Telegraph at 6.15pm, stopping at the chippie for sixpenny mix, oh how i miss them days.

The issue is footballers falling for the nonsense and believing they need an agent. Just watch the Macclesfield thing with Robbie Savage, players getting £50 a week having an agent. As much as clubs get ripped off, players are but that’s their own fault. The higher up players go I could understand having a solicitor present or even agent but it’s bonkers players earning £300 a week having an agent.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 187
acko338
January 17, 2022, 7:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,222
Gold Stars: 33
Good luck to the lad - gave us some good games and always worked hard !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 187
Son of Cod
January 17, 2022, 7:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
It's disappointing but it was always gonna happen. Good luck to him, I hope he hasn't made a bad choice here as I don't know if a League 2 relegation battle is the necessarily the right place for him at the moment. He's got a bright future ahead of him if he continues the way he did for us, in my opinion. Could see him being a solid L1 player within a year or so.

Quoted from thevera
Good move on Oldham's part in trying to secure their league status however I understand they have Matt Green in their sights also!

They've got Montel Gibson in their sights!

https://the72.co.uk/259966/exc.....riker-montel-gibson/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 187
jamesgtfc
January 17, 2022, 7:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,956
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Son of Cod
It's disappointing but it was always gonna happen. Good luck to him, I hope he hasn't made a bad choice here as I don't know if a League 2 relegation battle is the necessarily the right place for him at the moment. He's got a bright future ahead of him if he continues the way he did for us, in my opinion. Could see him being a solid L1 player within a year or so.

They've got Montel Gibson in their sights!

https://the72.co.uk/259966/exc.....riker-montel-gibson/

Hunt will be threading through lots of through balls to an offside Gibson then.

If Gibson gets his missus pregnant again though, at least Hunt will have a great gender reveal party to attend.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 187
Zmariner
January 17, 2022, 8:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
I thought Gibson had some potential and also Jackson
We are not even able to put a striker on the bench.
We do not have a mobile first team striker at all. Taylor is excellent on hold up play but one striker for a team that should be challenging still blows my mind
Hurst Was hellbent on sweeping out every player from the Holloway regime And I have a nasty feeling he will get proven wrong utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 187
davmariner
January 17, 2022, 8:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Zmariner
We do not have a mobile first team striker at all. Taylor is excellent on hold up play but one striker for a team that should be challenging still blows my mind
Hurst Was hellbent on sweeping out every player from the Holloway regime And I have a nasty feeling he will get proven wrong utm

That’s interesting, as I thought Gibson was shite and didn’t understand the offside rule.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 187
ginnywings
January 17, 2022, 8:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Zmariner

You forgot LJL.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 187
19 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alex Hunt

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.