Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alex Hunt
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 248 Guests

Alex Hunt

This thread currently has 23,669 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
January 13, 2022, 11:20am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,571
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from pen penfras
From what I understand, he's on less than £1k a week, significantly less than our sub goalkeeper, yet it's too expensive to keep one of out most influential players of the season.

It's Fenty all over again!

And where are any facts to substantiate his salary at Wednesday?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 187
chaos33
January 13, 2022, 11:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Really disappointing, but I can’t make a judgement on the unsubstantiated salary claim, particularly as it comes from a contributor I don’t particularly trust.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 187
Son of Cod
January 13, 2022, 11:27am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Poojah

I don’t have all the facts admittedly (not least what his wages are), but on the surface that’s not a great look for the club.

For which club? Wednesday surely? It sounds very much like we were already paying part of Hunt's wage and now they want the full lot because he's doing well for us? Massive fuck off to The Wendies from me here. The arrangement in place was working for all parties and they've sacrificed that for a bit of penny pinching. While Hunt's wages might not be a massive amount for us, it'll be a mere drop in the ocean for a club that has the likes of Barry Bannan, Lee Gregory and Saido Berahino on its books.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 187
Northbank Mariner
January 13, 2022, 11:31am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from pen penfras
From what I understand, he's on less than £1k a week, significantly less than our sub goalkeeper, yet it's too expensive to keep one of out most influential players of the season.

It's Fenty all over again!

Change the f@cking record will you!!..when will you get it into your thick skull the new owners are nothing like that prat!..
Show me the proof he's on less than a £1k a week...a photocopied payslip should suffice!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 187
barrattstandman
January 13, 2022, 11:35am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +477
Gold Stars: 17
Surely with 6 out we can afford to pay for Hunt for 5 months . Then still have enough for other signings . The fans need something to get them interested as it seems this season has been allowed to evaporate and everyone will only have next season to look forward to . Some may say paying more than others are earning isn't right but I'm not sure as their thought could be yes he's good and if he helps us to more wins then we all gain through win bonuses.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 187
Poojah
January 13, 2022, 11:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,472
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from Son of Cod

For which club? Wednesday surely? It sounds very much like we were already paying part of Hunt's wage and now they want the full lot because he's doing well for us? Massive fuck off to The Wendies from me here. The arrangement in place was working for all parties and they've sacrificed that for a bit of penny pinching. While Hunt's wages isn't a massive amount for us, it's a mere drop in the ocean for a club that has the likes of Barry Bannan, Lee Gregory and Saido Berahino on its books.

As I say, I don’t know the specific details or what was agreed up front, so it’s difficult to comment with real fervency.

But from the outside looking in, we’re talking about one of our most influential players this season at a time when we’re out of form and losing players like there’s no tomorrow. Given how far ahead of budget we’re almost certainly to be given early season attendances, I’d have thought we might be willing to take this on the chin for the greater good of the season.

But yeah, I don’t have all the facts so I’ll stop short of offering up any strong criticism.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 187
Northbank Mariner
January 13, 2022, 11:37am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Son of Cod

For which club? Wednesday surely? It sounds very much like we were already paying part of Hunt's wage and now they want the full lot because he's doing well for us? Massive fuck off to The Wendies from me here. The arrangement in place was working for all parties and they've sacrificed that for a bit of penny pinching. While Hunt's wages isn't a massive amount for us, it's a mere drop in the ocean for a club that has the likes of Barry Bannan, Lee Gregory and Saido Berahino on its books.

Regardless of how much is his salary may or may not be why should we should drop to our knees and give SWFC what they want!..
It's called professional integrity, that's what we've shown here and I for one salute the club for that.
I'd love to know what we offered him as a package to sign for us permanently, if it was a wage increase, which I'd have expected it to be, that showed some kind of ambition by our board!..unlike the last set of numpties...
The only person to suffer is Alex Hunt though due to SW changing the TnCs of the loan arrangement in my eyes.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 187
Jarmo.Is.God
January 13, 2022, 11:40am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Strange to criticize the owners on this one...

We don't know his wages, and maybe Hurst has a potential youngster in the lower league who we can get on a permanent deal.

Just strange to criticize people, without having any facts at all.
Sometimes fans thrive off negativity
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 187
diehardmariner
January 13, 2022, 11:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,544
Gold Stars: 537
Yet I've seen reports that he's on well over treble that muted figure of less than £1k a week.  The point is that there's very few people who probably actually know what he's on, equally so it's not likely it includes anyone contributing to this forum.

Regardless of his wage and/or our contribution to it, if Wednesday have moved the goalposts on the previous arrangement I can understand Hurst's objection to that.  Equally so, he's Wednesday's asset so it's within their right and gift to demand a higher contribution right.  Even more so if there's other interest in him.  

All feels a bit of a game of brinkmanship really.  The fact that Moore is keen for him to stay here and Wednesday have circulated his availability to other clubs doesn't fill me with confidence that they're going to look to keep him beyond his current contract that expires in the summer.  By asking for 100% of his wages, they've perhaps gone beyond the point of seeing him as one for the future and someone they're keen to develop, otherwise they would be happy for him to simply get game time, especially at a club where's he's guaranteed a place in the squad if not the starting XI.

Looks to me like Wednesday are just trying to offload him and make a saving on his wages, as much of a drop in the ocean as they may be (which I don't think that will be the case, Wednesday are skint aren't they?).  Our options are we either cough up and pay the full whack of his wages or try and get him on a permanent deal and match his current contract as part of that.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 187
chaos33
January 13, 2022, 11:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Would be a great permanent signing in my opinion.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 187
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alex Hunt

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.