19 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
January 18, 2022, 3:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
I thought Gibson looked better than Jackson which is far more of a comment on the latter than it is the former.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 187
toontown
January 18, 2022, 4:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Vance Warner

Look at where those players are now and you have your answer. We were relying on Spokes and Rose to play centre midfield in a relegation battle and now they’re playing two levels below.

Yeah Rose and Gibson were utter shite, spokes the same but v young so may be able to develop into a National League level player in time. We were trying to play him at league 2 level!

This is the perfect example of how players get better when they aren't playing in some people's eyes - Gibson was utterly out of his depth at the bottom of league 2. He moved to bottom of national league with whoever it was we loaned him to and failed completely. He is at his level at Stourbridge were his physical attributes are enough to score some goals, he has no talent at all and is brainless to boot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 187
Hagrid
January 18, 2022, 4:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,388
Gold Stars: 528
jackson and gibson were absolutely crap.

Gibson an idiot to boot

Then we had Sissay As well who i think made 2 apperances?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 187
toontown
January 18, 2022, 4:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Hagrid
jackson and gibson were absolutely crap.

Gibson an idiot to boot

Then we had Sissay As well who i think made 2 apperances?

Oh god sissay I forgot him, so bad Clee town didn't want him and Holloway had signed him up for the fringe of a league 2 squad!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 187
aldi_01
January 19, 2022, 6:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think this is the issue, we weren’t in great shape and then expected players who had barely kicked a ball in anger in the league to be the saviours of our season.

We’re they entirely crap? Who knows, perhaps with better management and a positive squad doing well they may have been on the fringe but in truth all three of those named were shite…that will be my memory of them. Shite. In a long list of players we’ve wasted money on who were shite…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 187
rancido
January 19, 2022, 5:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,528
Gold Stars: 96
Back to Alex Hunt and I agree with PH in not meeting Sheffields attempt to up the terms for the loan agreement. Hunts contract was up this summer and Hurst had expressed an interest in signing him permanently. Obviously PH would have been aware of what Hunts salary was (we were paying a third of it anyway) so he would also have a rough idea of what it would take to sign him permanently. IMO Sheffield were always going to extend his contract ( which they now have done) and I think they saw our interest as an opportunity for us to pay his full wage ( while we were actually training him) until his new contract. started. He would have been a good addition but I would rather that commitment in money went to a more realistic permanent signing. As another point I would doubt Oldham are paying his full salary.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 187
acko338
January 19, 2022, 5:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
He has gone on loan elsewhere - thanks for what he did - move on !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 187
chaos33
January 22, 2022, 7:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Watched Hunt today. As usual he looked really tidy, mobile, skilful in an Oldham side that were absolutely dreadful, and I mean, way worse than us. Inexplicably he was subbed early in the second half after looking their best player, and they continued to the end of the game with absolutely zero threat, and Harrogate smashed them 3-0 very comfortably. He may be gaining experience at a higher level than us, but the team he’s playing in is utterly gash, and negativity and hopelessness and anger spills from their fans. I still regard it as a big mistake that we didn’t do some sort of deal with Wednesday to retail him.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 187
19 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alex Hunt

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.