Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alex Hunt
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 117 Guests

Alex Hunt

This thread currently has 23,597 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
January 13, 2022, 4:01pm
Guest User
Quoted from Bomhead
Alex Hunt earns£900 a week seems we can't afford that.Ben Fox £2500  a week no problems

What is your source?

Reply: 90 - 187
ginnywings
January 13, 2022, 4:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,086
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from pen penfras

Trying to permanently sign him seems a token gesture. Why would he come here when he's clearly good enough to play above and we're almost certainly going to be here next season. If we kept him on loan until his contract runs out and had a good run that he enjoyed playing in then maybe. But having lost so many, he'd be crazy to commit to 2-3 years of this.

We did. His initial loan was until January and it seems we couldn't agree a new deal with Wednesday.

It may not have anything to do with what he earns. Perhaps we were prepared to keep him for the rest of the season on the old deal, but seeing as they wanted us to pay all of his wages (of which we don't know the amount) then we thought we may as well try and sign him permanently, which again, couldn't be brokered.

Hurst did say he was trying to bring in an attacking midfielder, so maybe we are looking more long term as is the remit of the board and decided that if there was no chance of getting Hunt beyond this season, we may as well turn our attention to a permanent solution now, not just for the rest of this season, but beyond.

Wednesday seem to be looking to get him off the books to me, so the player may have come to the conclusion that he might as well try his hand in league 2, seeing as there is interest in him from there.

You say us trying to sign him permanently was a token gesture, but you have no proof of that. You just come across as extremely bitter.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 187
TwoLeftFeet
January 13, 2022, 4:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,069
Gold Stars: 18
Perhaps Sheff Wed want and think they can get a better deal either here or elsewhere by someone paying 100%.. Good business sense for them still plenty of the month left to do a deal..
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 187
Bomhead
January 13, 2022, 5:38pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -54
Gold Stars: 1
Wages can be found on Google at sheff we'd wages or gtfc wages
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 187
davmariner
January 13, 2022, 5:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,901
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from Bomhead
Wages can be found on Google at sheff we'd wages or gtfc wages

How do you know it’s accurate?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 187
Bigdog
January 13, 2022, 5:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Whatever the ins and outs were re Hunt, it's becoming clearer to see that for an experienced manager, Hurst is making a dog's dinner of this season. The playing side of the club appears completely out of control at the moment, on and off the pitch..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 187
Meza
January 13, 2022, 6:09pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,631
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from Bigdog
Whatever the ins and outs were re Hunt, it's becoming clearer to see that for an experienced manager, Hurst is making a dog's dinner of this season. The playing side of the club appears completely out of control at the moment, on and off the pitch..

Interesting point BigDog.  Do you think PH is limiting himself to certain characters?  what makes you think he's making a dogs dinner?  is it because 5 have left and no one has come in.  It looks like he is finding hard to sign players for whatever reason, maybe he is going to much of a higher level to sign players.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 187
Bigdog
January 13, 2022, 7:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Meza

Interesting point BigDog.  Do you think PH is limiting himself to certain characters?  what makes you think he's making a dogs dinner?  is it because 5 have left and no one has come in.  It looks like he is finding hard to sign players for whatever reason, maybe he is going to much of a higher level to sign players.

He seems to have crushed the confidence and put doubts into what looked like a cohesive and happy squad. Very early in the bad run,he started moaning about one or two players not performing and then at least six games before the transfer window began threatening the players with change very publicly. Now I'm no psychologist but I don't think outbursts like that, softly spoken or not, helped with squad confidence. Maybe a bit more of "I've got belief in my players" or "we've got a talented bunch here", might have got better desired effects than digging them out in public. It was like, "my tactics are perfect" it's the players who aren't good enough to carry them out" kind of thing. Never goes down well with pro-football squads. The bizarre dropping of Towler and Hunt at times can't have gone down well either internally and it obviously affected both players. I thought Bapaga was growing into the season and then he disappeared without a trace.

I mean, look what we've been left with at the moment, a shambles of a squad with probably four, five or six with the ability to compete at the top end of Division Five. Massive transfer window for Hurst coming up.. and for the owners too imho. I said ten games in we were in a flattering position and I've gone from giving PH time to now giving him until the end of February to turn this around or else he doesn't deserve to be the one to build our club's playing side off the pitch. His record over the past three or four seasons speaks for itself. He's no longer holding a winning formula on his cv..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 187
forza ivano
January 13, 2022, 7:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,126
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Bigdog

He seems to have crushed the confidence and put doubts into what looked like a cohesive and happy squad. Very early in the bad run,he started moaning about one or two players not performing and then at least six games before the transfer window began threatening the players with change very publicly. Now I'm no psychologist but I don't think outbursts like that helped with squad confidence. Maybe a bit more of "I've got belief in my players" or "we've got a talented bunch here", might have got better desired effects than digging them out in public. It was like, "my tactics are perfect" it's the players who aren't good enough to carry them out" kind of thing. Never goes down well with pro-football squads. The bizarre dropping of Towler and Hunt at times can't have gone down well either internally and it obviously affected both players. I thought Bapaga was growing into the season and then he disappeared like a trace.

I mean, look what we've been left with at the moment, a shambles of a squad with probably four, five or six with the ability to compete at the top end of Division Five. Massive transfer window for Hurst coming up.. and for the owners too imho. I said ten games in we were in a flattering decision and I've gone from giving PH time to end of February to turn this around or else he doesn't deserve to be the one to build our club's playing side off the pitch. His record over the past three or four seasons speaks for itself. He's no longer holding a winning formula on his cv..

tbh, as pro 1878 and pro hurst, i'm finding it difficult to counter that....
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 187
MuddyWaters
January 13, 2022, 7:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.61
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,203
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from forza ivano

tbh, as pro 1878 and pro hurst, i'm finding it difficult to counter that....

I’m pro Grimsby Town. Even with Fenty and Holloway in charge, I still wanted us to win every game and get better every week.

Six players have gone and we look very light in several positions. From someone with Hurst’s experience, I expect better.
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 187
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alex Hunt

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.