Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Another rumour??
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 313 Guests

Another rumour??

This thread currently has 10,509 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
November 15, 2021, 7:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from 123614

I thought you was a serious man, but this is absolutely pathetic.  You really think that all they are bothered about is money?  Pfft, I can't take you seriously any more!

That's fine, I've never taken you seriously. Elderly squaddies often miss the point.

If they weren't that bothered about money they would have spent some on a striker (and other positions) by now. The point was they are not as committed to or as concerned about promotion as Chesterfield, If it happens it happens but they aren't going out of their was like the Spirites appear to be.

Do you really think they have bought Grimsby Town for fun or as a little plaything with no concern for income? excrement I hope not (football-wise we are in trouble if they have) The reason they have got money is exactly because they have bothered about it

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 60
Northbank Mariner
November 15, 2021, 7:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Ipswin

That's fine, I've never taken you seriously. Elderly squaddies often miss the point.

If they weren't that bothered about money they would have spent some on a striker (and other positions) by now. The point was they are not as committed to or as concerned about promotion as Chesterfield, If it happens it happens but they aren't going out of their was like the Spirites appear to be.

Do you really think they have bought Grimsby Town for fun or as a little plaything with no concern for income? excrement I hope not (football-wise we are in trouble if they have) The reason they have got money is exactly because they have bothered about it

I'll tell you why they bought GTFC....because they could!...and as fans could see the sh!t show Fenty had made if it and wanted to do something for the community and make the true fans and town proud of their football club again...
In his opening interview Stockwood made a point of stating it not being a financial decision because that would be the worst decision you could make in buying a football club..
Let's not forget they are £500K down before we lucked a ball at the start of this season and the next 2 due to having to pay that leach off!!..
So do they want out this league, I'm absolutely positive they do, but will they put the club at financial risk in that pursuit, never in a month of Sundays..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 60
SouthLakesMariner
November 15, 2021, 11:59pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +934
Gold Stars: 21

I think their wealth has been discussed on here before hasn't it? They move in completely different business circles to Fenty and are by any normal measure very rich indeed.

We have hit the jackpot with these two. The fans have responded and I dont think it too much to ask for a long awaited major signing or two.

I think our new owners ethos and vision for our club and the way it should be run is far more important than their personal wealth.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 60
Teestogreen
November 16, 2021, 12:08am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -151
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from SouthLakesMariner

I think our new owners ethos and vision for our club and the way it should be run is far more important than their personal wealth.

UTM - I’m here to help .

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 60
jamesgtfc
November 16, 2021, 8:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,956
Gold Stars: 190
Spending big is a dangerous game. I predicted it would take 3 years to get out of this cesspit and if we threw a load of cash at it this season, we would just be another club in a list of clubs desperately throwing cash at the problem. At least 2 of those clubs are going to fail with their objective this season.

We've signed 15 players so far and some have been more successful than others as expected. Next season I expect the churn will be much lower and we will have a squad that is stronger in depth.

If we go up this season, brilliant but it's not the be all and end all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 60
Zmariner
November 16, 2021, 8:48am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Spending big is a dangerous game. I predicted it would take 3 years to get out of this cesspit and if we threw a load of cash at it this season, we would just be another club in a list of clubs desperately throwing cash at the problem. At least 2 of those clubs are going to fail with their objective this season.

We've signed 15 players so far and some have been more successful than others as expected. Next season I expect the churn will be much lower and we will have a squad that is stronger in depth.

If we go up this season, brilliant but it's not the be all and end all.

I really do hope that we can get it together in a couple of years as, personally I struggle to go to games in the National League. I dutifully get my season ticket but when it comes to Saturday afternoon and we are playing Weymouth etc. I do feel a bit indifferent about going. Never had this problem with league games so it is probably me utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 60
November 16, 2021, 9:02am
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin

Elderly squaddies are the reason you sleep safely in your bed at night.  I have no idea why you think you should bring that to a football forum.  You've lost it, as from now, you're blocked.

Reply: 56 - 60
lew chaterleys lover
November 16, 2021, 9:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,715
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from SouthLakesMariner

I am thrilled about the owners vision for the club. I am also pleased they are very rich men because you cannot have a noble vision without the money to back it up.

Fenty had a "vision" once; get a new stadium, and the benefits accruing from that but didn't have the money to carry it out.

They have already spent a substantial amount of money with a lot more to come and they obviously realise that.

If we are to progress we will need to invest in better players so I would say a vision and the wealth to carry it out go hand in hand.

Private Message
Reply: 57 - 60
ska face
November 16, 2021, 9:19am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,657
Gold Stars: 847
Why do you keep referring to them as “very rich/wealthy” when you’ve no idea how much money they have?

They’re probably much better off than bottom feeders like us, but I can’t imagine they’re on the level of the bloke at Stockport or those at Wrexham. Shutes seemed to have quite deep pockets, but is obviously out of the picture for better or worse.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 60
Ipswin
November 16, 2021, 11:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from 123614

Elderly squaddies are the reason you sleep safely in your bed at night.  I have no idea why you think you should bring that to a football forum.  You've lost it, as from now, you're blocked.

At last! Thank you,

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Another rumour??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.