Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Another rumour??
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 151 Guests

Another rumour??

This thread currently has 10,498 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
November 15, 2021, 10:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from barrattstandman

Chesterfield obviously want to get out of this league THIS season ............and us?????

The fans certainly do but I'm not sure the owners are that bothered. Top end of the NL so attracting excellent gates might be all they are really bothered about. After all Football League might not look so attractive if we are bottom half with half the crowds

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 60
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
November 15, 2021, 10:28am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +830
Gold Stars: 117
The owners have said all along that there is money available for Hurst to buy any players.
They also said that they were not football men, they are businessmen and supporters, and would leave all the decision making to Hurst.

What more do you want Pettit and Stockwood to do? They can't MAKE Hurst buy anyone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 60
Garth
November 15, 2021, 10:40am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Poojah

I can’t dispute what you say as I don’t have the contrary evidence, but where are you getting this from?

Same place as where Hollowhead had invested 100 grand
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 60
lew chaterleys lover
November 15, 2021, 11:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Garth

Same place as where Hollowhead had invested 100 grand

You know full well we are discussing a different point completely.

These are two well respected businessmen whose wealth is not in question. Leaving aside how much they are worth individually it is part of their remit to help attract the best players we can. If Hurst identifies a striker but it will cost, say 200k then they should fund it. The fans support will have more than covered a transfer fee.

If Hurst is setting his sights too low that is another thing altogether but why we cannot get reinforcements in the building to capitalise on our good start and keep the momentum going is disappointing.It will ultimately cost the owners because fans new and old will want to see ambition both off and most importantly on the field.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 60
GYinScuntland
November 15, 2021, 2:00pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
You're having a laugh, it's not a rumour its total BS...that site is so full of sh!t it's got diarrhea

To be fair if it had diarrhoea it definitely wouldn't be full of excrement.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 60
chaos33
November 15, 2021, 2:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from Ipswin

The fans certainly do but I'm not sure the owners are that bothered. Top end of the NL so attracting excellent gates might be all they are really bothered about. After all Football League might not look so attractive if we are bottom half with half the crowds

Jesus, come on. Really?!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 60
chipsandgravy
November 15, 2021, 2:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Ipswin

Dear God. Your cynism know's no bounds does it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 60
acko338
November 15, 2021, 3:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,222
Gold Stars: 33
The whole debate about another forward would not have arisen if Charles Vernam hadn't been let go by a ridiculous mistake.

His type of dribbling at speed would have dovetailed with McAtee's harassing or Souza's running and Clifton's graft.

No fitness problems as far as I remember, and doing ok in the EFL .

Another local lad who could have been a fans' favourite !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 60
TinklerMan
November 15, 2021, 3:13pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +168
Gold Stars: 10
Okay I know I haven't been around an awful long time, as I am new to the area and to GTFC following. But it is noticeable that there are fair few people on this forum who don't half get on a really downer very quickly.

As far as I can see, there is so much to be positive about right now at Grimsby Town. Yes we have had some defeats and the manager has a lot of work to do, but come on lads (and lasses), chin's up, stay positive and stop being such misery's.

From what I can see, compared to recent history, you have a hell of an exciting season on the go here. So lap it up and enjoy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 60
barrattstandman
November 15, 2021, 3:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +477
Gold Stars: 17
If we are so much a one man team then we have serious problems that need fixing urgently
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Another rumour??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.