Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Eastleigh at home Saturday
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 95 Guests

The last message you viewed in this thread was reply number 97.

Eastleigh at home Saturday

This thread currently has 19,192 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Kris2
September 17, 2021, 3:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Youngy
[center][/center]

There not but that was there first win of the season against a Dover team who are looking like the leagues whipping boys. If we press like we have over the past few games we'll be fine.

Dover are looking pretty hopeless this season but Eastleigh will be coming to us with some confidence after scoring a few goals. From what I've seen they like to play it on the deck too which might play to our advantage anyway. Less looking forward to facing a team like Woking who I think are the worst side in the league but will win games on pure physicality and getting away with cheap fouls and roughing smaller players up. Those games I think will be tougher than the sides who like to play passing games that we can outplay.

If we can stop letting a goal in first and dominate for the first 20 minutes they should struggle against us. I doubt they will be big pushovers though neither were some of our previous opponents and we still got 3-4 goals.
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 148
forza ivano
September 17, 2021, 4:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,223
Gold Stars: 266
only 20 seats left in the Upper and less than 250 available in the Main
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 148
gytone
September 17, 2021, 4:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,029
Gold Stars: 8
Surely they'll open the osmond ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 148
September 17, 2021, 4:22pm
Guest User
Quoted from gytone
Surely they'll open the osmond ?

Sooner we sell out the remaining tickets in the upper the sooner they’ll consider it.
Reply: 93 - 148
Madeleymariner
September 17, 2021, 4:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
They shouldn't wait till the rest is sold out otherwise you end up with just a few in the Osmond which doesn't add to the atmosphere much, whereas if it had been opened up a couple of days ago the rest would be pretty full and their may have been 3 or 4 hundred behind the goal as well. Lets face it even our idiots wont be looking to start something off against a load of retirees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 148
RonMariner
September 17, 2021, 4:52pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,765
Gold Stars: 226
9. Mmm.  Do you think we should be singing at them:  'You're supposed to be away, you're supposed to be away!'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 148
TownSNAFU5
September 17, 2021, 5:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,889
Gold Stars: 42
Likely to be full home stands for 2 games in a week, actually in (just) less than 4 days.  This is as good as it gets.  Literally.  

If Carlsberg did (instant) resurrections.....................and crucified Hollowhead at the same time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 148
TinklerMan
September 17, 2021, 6:49pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +168
Gold Stars: 10
Not from around these parts, and only recently moved to Louth for work.
Had a great night on Tuesday and absolutely loved it, and so I suppose I am new adopted supporter.
Got me tickets for tomorrow and really looking forward to the game. Don't shoot me, I am actually a bit of an armchair Man United fan that makes the occasional trip to Old Trafford. My colleague is a Mariner, and persuaded me to come and have a look with my Son.
Loved the little ground and the atmosphere. Can't believe you get such a bit attendance for National League football.

Looking forward to the Eastleigh game tomorrow, and my boy is so excited and wanting a shirt too LOL
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 148
RonMariner
September 17, 2021, 7:25pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,765
Gold Stars: 226
So Eastleigh sell 9 tickets for the away end.

I bet the Scunts are jealous of that too. They can only dream of such a following.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 148
denni266
September 17, 2021, 7:36pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from TinklerMan
Not from around these parts, and only recently moved to Louth for work.
Had a great night on Tuesday and absolutely loved it, and so I suppose I am new adopted supporter.
Got me tickets for tomorrow and really looking forward to the game. Don't shoot me, I am actually a bit of an armchair Man United fan that makes the occasional trip to Old Trafford. My colleague is a Mariner, and persuaded me to come and have a look with my Son.
Loved the little ground and the atmosphere. Can't believe you get such a bit attendance for National League football.

Looking forward to the Eastleigh game tomorrow, and my boy is so excited and wanting a shirt too LOL

Welcome to the real world of football  where players play because they love it and just earn a decent living on the whole.  Where fans will walk through 2ft of snow , wind rain  because they love real football and there teams ..Prem is just a circus with silly wages . It has lost its respect from the rest of us . This is where real footballers play every week and real fans watch every week .. Oh and if you are near an Aldi there will be a car wash that will love the old manpoo shirt to use as a rag  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 148
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Eastleigh at home Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.