15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
sydney
September 17, 2021, 7:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3

This will be a tough game against a  v strong side who will look for the 0-1 away win
This as big a challenge as Tuesday
Will be as impressed with 3 points tomorrow as other weeks so far
A result tomorrow means we can take care of business
Come on Town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 148
ginnywings
September 17, 2021, 7:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Kris2

Dover are looking pretty hopeless this season but Eastleigh will be coming to us with some confidence after scoring a few goals. From what I've seen they like to play it on the deck too which might play to our advantage anyway. Less looking forward to facing a team like Woking who I think are the worst side in the league but will win games on pure physicality and getting away with cheap fouls and roughing smaller players up. Those games I think will be tougher than the sides who like to play passing games that we can outplay.

If we can stop letting a goal in first and dominate for the first 20 minutes they should struggle against us. I doubt they will be big pushovers though neither were some of our previous opponents and we still got 3-4 goals.

Yeah, I want to see how we cope with the big bruiser, 10 behind the ball type teams. We haven't met one of those yet and we struggled to break them down last time we were in non league.

The league actually looks to have more quality in it now than last time and more teams seem to be trying to play more passing football.

So far, we have outscored almost everyone we have come up against, Stockport excepted. Will be interesting to see how we do against more agricultural opponents.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 148
Swansea_Mariner
September 17, 2021, 7:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from TinklerMan
Not from around these parts, and only recently moved to Louth for work.
Had a great night on Tuesday and absolutely loved it, and so I suppose I am new adopted supporter.
Got me tickets for tomorrow and really looking forward to the game. Don't shoot me, I am actually a bit of an armchair Man United fan that makes the occasional trip to Old Trafford. My colleague is a Mariner, and persuaded me to come and have a look with my Son.
Loved the little ground and the atmosphere. Can't believe you get such a bit attendance for National League football.

Looking forward to the Eastleigh game tomorrow, and my boy is so excited and wanting a shirt too LOL

Welcome on board the good ship Mariner, you will enjoy the ride!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 148
Les Brechin
September 17, 2021, 8:07pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,709
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from RonMariner
9. Mmm.  Do you think we should be singing at them:  'You're supposed to be away, you're supposed to be away!'

They've sold 15 now!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 148
jamesgtfc
September 17, 2021, 8:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from TinklerMan
Not from around these parts, and only recently moved to Louth for work.
Had a great night on Tuesday and absolutely loved it, and so I suppose I am new adopted supporter.
Got me tickets for tomorrow and really looking forward to the game. Don't shoot me, I am actually a bit of an armchair Man United fan that makes the occasional trip to Old Trafford. My colleague is a Mariner, and persuaded me to come and have a look with my Son.
Loved the little ground and the atmosphere. Can't believe you get such a bit attendance for National League football.

Looking forward to the Eastleigh game tomorrow, and my boy is so excited and wanting a shirt too LOL

I think areas like Louth have been tapped into by Lincoln in recent years due to our neglect of the area. Years ago, we used to do Football In The Community out there I'm sure but sadly, we neglected anything past Healing or Waltham which made them easy pickings for our neighbours.

I'm glad you chose to venture out of your LN postcode on Tuesday night. Welcome along for the ride. Lincoln might not like to hear it, but Grimsby is closer anyway!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 148
SteffiMariner
September 17, 2021, 8:25pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from sydney

This will be a tough game against a  v strong side who will look for the 0-1 away win
This as big a challenge as Tuesday
Will be as impressed with 3 points tomorrow as other weeks so far
A result tomorrow means we can take care of business
Come on Town!!

Not the best limerick I've read, to be honest.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 148
Tommy
September 17, 2021, 8:32pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I think areas like Louth have been tapped into by Lincoln in recent years due to our neglect of the area. Years ago, we used to do Football In The Community out there I'm sure but sadly, we neglected anything past Healing or Waltham which made them easy pickings for our neighbours.

I'm glad you chose to venture out of your LN postcode on Tuesday night. Welcome along for the ride. Lincoln might not like to hear it, but Grimsby is closer anyway!

I'm certain GTSET still do work in Louth too.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 148
HertsGTFC
September 17, 2021, 8:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
It will be interesting tomorrow they’re decent and have no pressure on them and we’re playing well and with belief.

I wonder if Andy Boyce will be playing I always thought he gave 100% in a Town shirt, I hope that he has a mare tomorrow though.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 148
Maringer
September 17, 2021, 8:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,496
Gold Stars: 185
I'm told that Eastleigh are a team who usually try to play football and have a go at the opposition, which might mean it is easier than playing a team who park the bus. On the other hand, a greater risk of being turned over, I suppose...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 148
Yossarian
September 17, 2021, 8:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,073
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from jamesgtfc

When i.lived in louth as a kid in the 80s it was all Town fans...  dont remember ever speaking to anyone or knew of anyone  who supported the Gimps.

Ayway... welcome to Tinkler...  its not normally this good... make the most of it...  we all are

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 148
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Eastleigh at home Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.