Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 14, 2021, 11:34pm

All I can say is I'm happy I've already bought my seat in the Upper for this one.

Can't see why it wouldn't be another home sell out after tonight.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 14, 2021, 11:38pm; Reply: 1
Going first thing in the morning to get mine.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, September 14, 2021, 11:44pm; Reply: 2
Put away fans in the corner and make the Osmond stand behind the goal available to home fans, the acoustic from the Osmond are the best in the ground.
Imagine the noise if we have fans behind both goals.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, September 14, 2021, 11:49pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from ginnywings
Going first thing in the morning to get mine.

Things have changed you dont have to quene up outside the ticket office anymore, we moved into the 21st century with new ticketing system, you can book online now.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 14, 2021, 11:57pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Things have changed you dont have to quene up outside the ticket office anymore, we moved into the 21st century with new ticketing system, you can book online now.

I know that but I have other reasons to be there, so will get one while I'm down there.
Posted by: forza ivano, September 14, 2021, 11:58pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from The Yard Dog

you've forgotten that Ginny still has to traverse the 20th century yet ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: ginnywings, September 15, 2021, 12:01am; Reply: 6
Quoted from forza ivano

you've forgotten that Ginny still has to traverse the 20th century yet ;D ;D ;D

This is true. What's a bloody QR code anyway?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 15, 2021, 12:04am; Reply: 7
Quoted from ginnywings

This is true. What's a bloody QR code anyway?

I think they play near Shepard’s Bush. Hooped shirts.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, September 15, 2021, 12:22am; Reply: 8
I've mentioned the Lincoln habits from their title season a couple of times - good to see we're getting one of them - late goals. Another one is consistently putting away the weaker opposition something we failed to do last time at this level. We are ahead of the game already against the big six, we must do the business against the bottom half to make sure we don't waste that bit edge we already have.
Posted by: MarinerRob, September 15, 2021, 10:10am; Reply: 9
Should be my first game of the season. I am a season ticket holder but live 220 miles away. Wife still very worried about Covid so she was reluctant for me to go up to now.

If I go I will have to sleep in the spare room when I get home until I get a clear covid result. She is probably sensible if a little over the top.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 15, 2021, 10:19am; Reply: 10
Quoted from MarinerRob
Should be my first game of the season. I am a season ticket holder but live 220 miles away. Wife still very worried about Covid so she was reluctant for me to go up to now.

If I go I will have to sleep in the spare room when I get home until I get a clear covid result. She is probably sensible if a little over the top.

best to be safe mate, me old man still wearing his mask at the games
Posted by: MarinerRob, September 15, 2021, 10:33am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Hagrid

best to be safe mate, me old man still wearing his mask at the games

That's what I will be doing. Also, I normally get the train from Kings Cross but that means crossing London on the Tube but to avoid the crowds I will drive to Peterborough and get a train from there where, hopefully, I will be able t keep some distance between me.

Also, at the ground toilets breaks will have to be during the game, no going at half time with the congestion in there.

Posted by: moss_side_mariner, September 15, 2021, 10:35am; Reply: 12
Quoted from ginnywings

I know that but I have other reasons to be there, so will get one while I'm down there.

Has the club shop got the Fenty punch bags in stock?😉
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 15, 2021, 10:46am; Reply: 13
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
I've mentioned the Lincoln habits from their title season a couple of times - good to see we're getting one of them - late goals. Another one is consistently putting away the weaker opposition something we failed to do last time at this level. We are ahead of the game already against the big six, we must do the business against the bottom half to make sure we don't waste that bit edge we already have.

I worked at Lincoln quite a lot during their promotion season. I was there when Arnold scored against Ipswich which was a surreal moment for me given what he had done for us a few months earlier.

The situation we find ourselves in right now feels very similar to how Sincil Bank felt as that season progressed in that everybody felt part of something special.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 15, 2021, 10:56am; Reply: 14
Quoted from MarinerRob

Bonus!
Posted by: The Yard Dog, September 15, 2021, 10:57am; Reply: 15
Quoted from MarinerRob

You have to do what is right for and your family and be comfortable with it.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 15, 2021, 10:59am; Reply: 16
Quoted from moss_side_mariner

Has the club shop got the Fenty punch bags in stock?😉

Got one on back order.

I can get into the fanzone this morning, unlike last night.
Posted by: Tommy, September 15, 2021, 11:20am; Reply: 17
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I worked at Lincoln quite a lot during their promotion season. I was there when Arnold scored against Ipswich which was a surreal moment for me given what he had done for us a few months earlier.

The situation we find ourselves in right now feels very similar to how Sincil Bank felt as that season progressed in that everybody felt part of something special.

I was thinking about the possible parallels with Lincoln that year too (and funnily enough had some minor involvement with Lincoln that season myself too). Mainly around the crowds and momentum built up.
Once they got some results and big crowds, it just snowballed didn't it. They carried on getting results and maintained their good crowds all season. We've started in a similar vein and there's a buzz around the place and a togetherness like Lincoln had that season.

Hoping we can sustain it. And that when we inevitably hit a bump in the road and suffer a defeat, it doesn't derail the momentum and crowd numbers.
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, September 15, 2021, 11:47am; Reply: 18
Quoted from MarinerRob

Oh dear Rob. Thin edge of the wedge that is - I reckon you'l be lucky to be let back into the boudoir now.
Posted by: Rik e B, September 15, 2021, 12:13pm; Reply: 19
There's a special socially distanced section in the Main Stand for those that still fearful of covid Rob. Why don't you speak to the club about your predicament and see if can get moved into there?
Posted by: thefish, September 15, 2021, 12:35pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Rik e B
There's a special socially distanced section in the Main Stand for those that still fearful of covid Rob. Why don't you speak to the club about your predicament and see if can get moved into there?

It's called Coughers Corner.
Posted by: LH, September 15, 2021, 12:41pm; Reply: 21
The safest place is probably the Lower. Out in the elements and has the added protection of the new sneezeguard fitted on the Upper.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), September 15, 2021, 12:48pm; Reply: 22
40 tickets left in the lower. Probably be sold out by the end of today.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 15, 2021, 12:49pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from MarinerRob

That's what I will be doing. Also, I normally get the train from Kings Cross but that means crossing London on the Tube but to avoid the crowds I will drive to Peterborough and get a train from there where, hopefully, I will be able t keep some distance between me.

Also, at the ground toilets breaks will have to be during the game, no going at half time with the congestion in there.

Was on a kings x to donny train late Saturday no social distancing whatsoever in fact pre booked seats didn’t apply and it was a free for all. The donny to gy bit same no social distancing and most people drunk up coming back from donny races and Man U game.  In my opinion if your still wary of people contact I wouldn’t use the train
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 15, 2021, 2:15pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Was on a kings x to donny train late Saturday no social distancing whatsoever in fact pre booked seats didn’t apply and it was a free for all. The donny to gy bit same no social distancing and most people drunk up coming back from donny races and Man U game.  In my opinion if your still wary of people contact I wouldn’t use the train

The police obviously didn’t get intelligence on the risk of drunken antisocial behaviour or the race meeting would have been made to start earlier. 😉
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 15, 2021, 2:40pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from thefish

It's called Coughers Corner.

And the bags ball was cougers corner

Posted by: ginnywings, September 15, 2021, 4:59pm; Reply: 26
Couldn't get my regular seat for Saturday and I can't remember the last time that happened.

There has been some suggestion (especially from Wrexham fans) that the home sell out last night was to see their "Hollywood" team, but sales for the less glamorous Eastleigh seem to be more than holding up.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, September 15, 2021, 5:24pm; Reply: 27
Who could resist watching Ben Tozer hurl 40 yard throw ins into the box again and again and again?
Posted by: ginnywings, September 15, 2021, 5:41pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Who could resist watching Ben Tozer hurl 40 yard throw ins into the box again and again and again?

Our defence resisted it quite easily.  :)
Posted by: Poojah, September 15, 2021, 7:25pm; Reply: 29

I actually thought it was a little naive of Phil Parkinson to rely so heavily on the big throw. That’s exactly the sort of thing that Hurst was always going to have the team well drilled on - it will have been analysed and planned to death. I never felt particularly worried by it at any point last night.

I think weapons like that are best used sparingly. Once teams expect it, it becomes significantly less effective.
Posted by: Oly1987, September 15, 2021, 7:41pm; Reply: 30
just got 6 tickets, me and my 2 mates and our 3 kids. looking forward to it!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 15, 2021, 7:52pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from The Yard Dog
Put away fans in the corner and make the Osmond stand behind the goal available to home fans, the acoustic from the Osmond are the best in the ground.
Imagine the noise if we have fans behind both goals.

I seem to remember in the PO semi we did that.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 15, 2021, 8:02pm; Reply: 32

Hell of a lot of cash to pay for someone who can chuck a throw but can’t defend.
Posted by: golfer, September 15, 2021, 8:11pm; Reply: 33

Think i was on the same train as you -1634 from Kings x - everybody at Donny was drunk including a wedding party to Scunny    PS - I was the good looking guy signing autographs outside the station.
Posted by: RichMariner, September 15, 2021, 9:06pm; Reply: 34
I know we've taken the Osmond end before and put visiting fans in the corner, but does that remain an option? I've always wondered how we segregate fans (I know it's not always necessary).

It seems a simple solution to us, in terms of getting more home tickets on sale, but I wonder if behind the scenes it's a little tricky to implement.

Just to say — I'd love to see Blundell Park sold out in all four stands and hope we can make it happen at some point.
Posted by: MarinerRob, September 15, 2021, 9:20pm; Reply: 35

Luckily I will be going the other way. Normally trains going back to London 7.00 onwards are pretty quiet. Likewise I will be going from Cleethorpes to Doncaster. Hopefully, there won't be too many day trippers.

Our first home match against Weymouth was Bank Holiday weekend and I couldn't take the risk of a packed train from Cleethorpes to Doncaster. Weekend was sunny as well. So I missed that.
Posted by: aldi_01, September 15, 2021, 9:24pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Hell of a lot of cash to pay for someone who can chuck a throw but can’t defend.

Tozer was awful last night and the long throws are boring, I wonder how many times they lead to anything significant because last night they were a waste of time. Town dealt with them every single time. Ironically, the one time they played a quick, short throw they caused us a problem…
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 15, 2021, 11:28pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from ginnywings
Couldn't get my regular seat for Saturday and I can't remember the last time that happened.

There has been some suggestion (especially from Wrexham fans) that the home sell out last night was to see their "Hollywood" team, but sales for the less glamorous Eastleigh seem to be more than holding up.

Eastleigh, less glamorous than Wrexham?!! But they’re the Spitfires! Some of their fans great grandparents or great great grandparents might have worked for Supermarine. Can’t get more glamorous than that!
Posted by: GrimPol, September 16, 2021, 8:20am; Reply: 38
Booking on line
Can you choose your seat or are you alloted a seat as of old?
When booking theatre tickets you can view the seats and pick the ones you want.
Posted by: UTMAdinfinitum, September 16, 2021, 8:24am; Reply: 39
You choose the seats.
Posted by: GrimPol, September 16, 2021, 8:41am; Reply: 40
Quoted from ginnywings

I've admired the ships sailing from Upper Youngs many a time, sometimes (more than I wish to remember as they were more entertaining than the game) I've even heard away fans who snook in, admiring loudly the "windmills of Holland" but I must admit I haven't seen the Holly-Wrexham sign from up there" Could be because I'm looking East, but probably because some team fans need to invent reasons why they cannot sum up a following for a team that is buying a league position to one that has to work for it.
Just my keyboard soliloquy.
Posted by: GrimPol, September 16, 2021, 9:13am; Reply: 41
Quoted from The Yard Dog
Quoted Text
Imagine the noise if we have fans behind both goals

This still (Barnet game) shows Mariner fans in the Osmond corner. I believe it's called Community Corner. From what I can make out it was 1/3 full.
It was empty for the Wrexham match, although 10-12 apprentice/peripheral players sit there during the match.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 16, 2021, 10:52am; Reply: 42
Quoted from GrimPol
Quoted from The Yard Dog

This still (Barnet game) shows Mariner fans in the Osmond corner. I believe it's called Community Corner. From what I can make out it was 1/3 full.
It was empty for the Wrexham match, although 10-12 apprentice/peripheral players sit there during the match.

sat down celebrations! what they playing at  ;D
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), September 16, 2021, 2:43pm; Reply: 43
4 tickets left in lower and just over 100 left in the upper. They’ll be gone if you leave it until tomorrow I should think. Crazy times, UTM.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 16, 2021, 3:04pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from 1739
6 tickets left in lower and just over 100 left in the upper. They’ll be gone if you leave it until tomorrow I should think. Crazy times, UTM.

outstanding news, but the team Owners and Gaffer deserve it thus far
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, September 16, 2021, 3:45pm; Reply: 45
They really need to get more home games on sale. Staggeringly people are actually going to be getting concerned about getting a ticket. Hopefully we'll keep going but a dip in form and it will ease off with the post Covid novelty wearing off as well. I can't commit to a season ticket but if they were on sale now I'd buy tickets for every home game I can make for the next couple of months just to guarantee a decent seat in a stand I want to sit in.
Posted by: forza ivano, September 16, 2021, 4:54pm; Reply: 46
Club tweeted earlier that theyve sold over 5300 for Eastleigh, and that's still with 48 hours of sales to go!

Just a thought on the finances. My guestimate is that they will have budgeted crowds of c.4000. If that were the case then you're looking at 4 home gates totalling over 22,000  instead of 16k. I suspect that will mean that 1878 have about £100,000 more in the coffers than they were expecting
Posted by: aldi_01, September 16, 2021, 5:05pm; Reply: 47
And people said Covid would keep folk away too…be it definitely wasn’t Fenty’s fault no fornicator turned up…
Posted by: gytone, September 16, 2021, 5:33pm; Reply: 48
Should be pushing 6,000, again then.
Posted by: Gaffer58, September 16, 2021, 6:48pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from forza ivano
Club tweeted earlier that theyve sold over 5300 for Eastleigh, and that's still with 48 hours of sales to go!

Just a thought on the finances. My guestimate is that they will have budgeted crowds of c.4000. If that were the case then you're looking at 4 home gates totalling over 22,000  instead of 16k. I suspect that will mean that 1878 have about £100,000 more in the coffers than they were expecting

I was thinking just the same, more dosh available in the January transfer window to really push for top spot.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 16, 2021, 6:58pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from forza ivano

Not sure it is as high as 4000. Think the budget is for 3000 or possibly 3500.
Posted by: forza ivano, September 16, 2021, 9:23pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from ginnywings

Not sure it is as high as 4000. Think the budget is for 3000 or possibly 3500.

well, if you're correct 1878 are up by either 150k or possibly even 200k.
whilst we are on about finances i'd be fascinated to know what we are taking in merchandising compared to the last 4-5 seasons

my guess is that 1878 are well ahead of the game financially - not only on the above figures, but i've got a sneaking suspicion  that JSF wont be getting his full £1.5 million either
Posted by: SuperJoeyWaters, September 16, 2021, 9:34pm; Reply: 52
If the club have an extra 8k supporters over the original budget at an average of £12 per ticket which is £10 excluding VAT which equates to an additional net income of £80k for the club which would be enough to fund a new striker for the season
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 16, 2021, 9:34pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from forza ivano

whilst we are on about finances i'd be fascinated to know what we are taking in merchandising compared to the last 4-5 seasons

my guess is that 1878 are well ahead of the game financially - not only on the above figures, but i've got a sneaking suspicion  that JSF wont be getting his full £1.5 million either

Buy 1 get 10 free  8)
(icon_arrowd)

http://www.extra-gtfc.co.uk/acatalog/GTFC-Flat-Cap1191.html
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 16, 2021, 9:48pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from forza ivano

I’d be more interested in what the margin is on the Macron stuff versus the Erra range, that’s the thing that matters. The Macron designs feel a bit better in terms of look and quality but I know we’ve been short of home shirts due to shipping delays, overall I’m sure we’re selling more and will continue to do so.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 16, 2021, 10:11pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from forza ivano

The food and drink outlets are doing a bomb and the programmes are selling out too. It was like the aftermath of Glastonbury at the ground Wednesday morning. Discarded litter from food and drink sales everywhere.
Posted by: DB, September 17, 2021, 5:41am; Reply: 56
Quoted from Rik e B

Might be a bit cold during the night so take a good duvet. On the other hand the spare room at home might be a better bet. ;)

Posted by: DB, September 17, 2021, 5:53am; Reply: 57
Quoted from forza ivano

I like what I'm reading but wonder, like the transfer deals, if Fenty gets his cash quicker if crowds reach a certain level. We don't know what is written into the sale agreement but we do know what he is capable of.

Posted by: aldi_01, September 17, 2021, 5:59am; Reply: 58
Quoted from DB

I like what I'm reading but wonder, like the transfer deals, if Fenty gets his cash quicker if crowds reach a certain level. We don't know what is written into the sale agreement but we do know what he is capable of.

Stockwood has been very coy and very clever about what he and Pettit say and don’t say about the previous regime, yet a couple of weeks ago he mentioned 400k in youth money unaccounted for…I wouldn’t worry about the money Fenty believes he’s owed…I’m not convinced he’ll receive much more, or if he does it may find it’s way back…

It’s great to see a buzz and people talking about scrambling for tickets and buy merch etc…it really is a new dawn, results have helped but I really do think change in ownership and ethos of the club has helped…
Posted by: DB, September 17, 2021, 6:06am; Reply: 59
Quoted from aldi_01

Stockwood has been very coy and very clever about what he and Pettit say and don’t say about the previous regime, yet a couple of weeks ago he mentioned 400k in youth money unaccounted for…I wouldn’t worry about the money Fenty believes he’s owed…I’m not convinced he’ll receive much more, or if he does it may find it’s way back…

It’s great to see a buzz and people talking about scrambling for tickets and buy merch etc…it really is a new dawn, results have helped but I really do think change in ownership and ethos of the club has helped

No disrespect to you, but I believe this to be a FACT. Without the change it would have been more of the same and Hurst wouldn't be here nor most of this squad.

Posted by: aldi_01, September 17, 2021, 6:11am; Reply: 60
Quoted from DB

No disrespect to you, but I believe this to be a FACT. Without the change it would have been more of the same and Hurst wouldn't be here nor most of this squad.

I agree, although the minuscule Fenty brigade would argue results and probably Covid are the reason…although a sensible person would argue the positive vibes, crowd and feel good factor help the team, this generating decent results…
Posted by: GrimPol, September 17, 2021, 8:28am; Reply: 61
I remember when Ivano mania was in full throttle a Mariner fan rang into Humberside Radio complaining that he always drove over to see his family, buy a ticket on the door and watch the match. Except now its a sell out and he couldn't attend!!!

When will Ticket Touts be set up outside of BP ?
Posted by: LH, September 17, 2021, 8:32am; Reply: 62
Quoted from GrimPol
I remember when Ivano mania was in full throttle a Mariner fan rang into Humberside Radio complaining that he always drove over to see his family, buy a ticket on the door and watch the match. Except now its a sell out and he couldn't attend!!!

When will Ticket Touts be set up outside of BP ?

Well the one who used to be a vice president seems to have gone missing now.
Posted by: Poojah, September 17, 2021, 9:28am; Reply: 63
Quoted from 1739
5700 sold tomorrow.

4 left in the lower.
70 left in the upper.

Looking at a 6k gate again.

Looking likely it will be a larger home gate than Tuesday. 6,156 home fans for Wrexham, with a day and a half of sales to go and presumably fewer no-shows with it being a weekend, it has to be doable. The rush for Tuesday's game really seemed to ramp up in the final hours before the match.

Crazy, brilliant times. Who'd have thunk a second relegation to non-league could be this exciting?
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, September 17, 2021, 10:01am; Reply: 64
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BlK6cSDwy-M

Looks like they create a lot of chances. Unless Dover were very poor.
Posted by: Poojah, September 17, 2021, 10:03am; Reply: 65

Well, they’re currently bottom of the league on -11 points, having drawn 1 and lost 4. Early days though they are, I think it’s fair to suggest they they haven’t started the season on fire.
Posted by: RonMariner, September 17, 2021, 10:20am; Reply: 66
Quoted from forza ivano

but i've got a sneaking suspicion  that JSF wont be getting his full £1.5 million either

It's a firm contractual agreement surely? Don't see how we can not pay him from a legal perspective?
Posted by: denni266, September 17, 2021, 10:45am; Reply: 67
Quoted from RonMariner

It's a firm contractual agreement surely? Don't see how we can not pay him from a legal perspective?

Depends what our new guys have dug up ,, These have more brain power in ther little toes than fenty had in his head, They are pro`s with very good contacts . Not like fenty had hanging around him as yes men .  Remember these guys where fans on the terrace like us  and felt and saw how he conducted his false leadership. Kama will have its day and boy will it be a good day
Posted by: RonMariner, September 17, 2021, 10:54am; Reply: 68
Quoted from denni266

Depends what our new guys have dug up ,, These have more brain power in ther little toes than fenty had in his head, They are pro`s with very good contacts . Not like fenty had hanging around him as yes men .  Remember these guys where fans on the terrace like us  and felt and saw how he conducted his false leadership. Kama will have its day and boy will it be a good day

Really hope so. That business with the 200k Trust Shares stinks.
Posted by: ska face, September 17, 2021, 11:04am; Reply: 69
Went down to Eastleigh a couple of times when we were last here and found them to be one of the nicest clubs I’d ever been. Even before the PO semi, their ballboys, people on the gate and anyone you spoke to were wishing us good luck.

Bit unnerving considering what we were used to.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, September 17, 2021, 11:18am; Reply: 70
Quoted from ska face
Went down to Eastleigh a couple of times when we were last here and found them to be one of the nicest clubs I’d ever been. Even before the PO semi, their ballboys, people on the gate and anyone you spoke to were wishing us good luck.

Apart from the walk from station which is like Russian roulette on that dark road
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 17, 2021, 12:02pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

Apart from the walk from station which is like Russian roulette on that dark road

Yeah, that was bizarre wasn’t it. There’s ‘out of town’ grounds, and there’s out of town grounds.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 17, 2021, 12:06pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from ska face

Eastleigh will always be remembered for the bus journey and the kfc!
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, September 17, 2021, 12:42pm; Reply: 73
Eastleigh fans have only purchased 9 tickets so far (according to our ticket site), so we have got to sell home fans tickets somewhere in the Osmond. !
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 17, 2021, 12:58pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Eastleigh fans have only purchased 9 tickets so far (according to our ticket site), so we have got to sell home fans tickets somewhere in the Osmond. !

Against Wrexham I understand why we couldn't do it but there is absolutely no reason not to open up Osmond sales for games like this.
Posted by: LH, September 17, 2021, 12:58pm; Reply: 75

I feel that this justifies the use of 9 (nine).
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, September 17, 2021, 1:06pm; Reply: 76

Looks like Eastleigh will bring less than 100 hardy souls on Saturday leaving over 1800 empty seats.in the Osmond.
Possible loss in revenue circa £25K.
If we continue to pack BP over the season that's some £500,000 down the pan.

Posted by: ginnywings, September 17, 2021, 1:10pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from Heswall Mariner

Looks like Eastleigh will bring less than 100 hardy souls on Saturday leaving over 1800 empty seats.in the Osmond.

Town fans will be in the Osmond if demand is there and the rest of the ground is full. The new owners aint daft.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 17, 2021, 1:39pm; Reply: 78

Eastleigh are no mugs. Almost made the play offs last season.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 17, 2021, 1:41pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from Heswall Mariner

Apparently they've only sold N N N N N Nine tickets.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 17, 2021, 1:42pm; Reply: 80

If that’s all then give them a box in the hospitality area of the Findus and turn the Osmond completely over to home fans.
Posted by: Youngy, September 17, 2021, 1:45pm; Reply: 81
[center][/center]
Quoted from ginnywings

Eastleigh are no mugs. Almost made the play offs last season.

There not but that was there first win of the season against a Dover team who are looking like the leagues whipping boys. If we press like we have over the past few games we'll be fine.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 17, 2021, 2:07pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from 1739
Lower and Pontoon both sold out.

Less than 30 left in the upper.

Wow…… phenomenal.
Posted by: Mariner16, September 17, 2021, 2:10pm; Reply: 83
Town have given some tickets out to schools so assuming they'll be in the Osmond corner so highly doubt anyone else will be going in there?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, September 17, 2021, 2:38pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from Mariner16
Town have given some tickets out to schools so assuming they'll be in the Osmond corner so highly doubt anyone else will be going in there?

I thought they used the corner end of the main stand for 'school's tickets?

Posted by: Poojah, September 17, 2021, 2:40pm; Reply: 85
https://mobile.twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1438859098083180545
Posted by: Poojah, September 17, 2021, 2:44pm; Reply: 86
Approx. 300 seats left now, almost exclusively in the Main Stand. Hard to see it not selling out.
Posted by: Yossarian, September 17, 2021, 2:50pm; Reply: 87
Must be great for the players - knowing they are playing in front of full house (near enough) each week and with great away support.  Just provides that extra bit of motivation and lift - and to be honest, makes Grimsby a much more desirable club to join for other players.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, September 17, 2021, 2:53pm; Reply: 88
I know this gets asked quite a bit but what is classed as a home sell out?

What are the figures?
Posted by: Poojah, September 17, 2021, 2:57pm; Reply: 89
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
I know this gets asked quite a bit but what is classed as a home sell out?

What are the figures?

As of right now, with the pointless exclusion zone around the dugout and the social distancing area at one end of the main, I think it’s circa 6,300.

This excludes any seats which might be opened up in the Osmond should we sell out, though I expect the club will hold off announcing that until that happens.
Posted by: Kris2, September 17, 2021, 3:59pm; Reply: 90
Quoted from Youngy
[center][/center]

There not but that was there first win of the season against a Dover team who are looking like the leagues whipping boys. If we press like we have over the past few games we'll be fine.

Dover are looking pretty hopeless this season but Eastleigh will be coming to us with some confidence after scoring a few goals. From what I've seen they like to play it on the deck too which might play to our advantage anyway. Less looking forward to facing a team like Woking who I think are the worst side in the league but will win games on pure physicality and getting away with cheap fouls and roughing smaller players up. Those games I think will be tougher than the sides who like to play passing games that we can outplay.

If we can stop letting a goal in first and dominate for the first 20 minutes they should struggle against us. I doubt they will be big pushovers though neither were some of our previous opponents and we still got 3-4 goals.
Posted by: forza ivano, September 17, 2021, 4:09pm; Reply: 91
only 20 seats left in the Upper and less than 250 available in the Main
Posted by: gytone, September 17, 2021, 4:14pm; Reply: 92
Surely they'll open the osmond ?
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), September 17, 2021, 4:22pm; Reply: 93
Quoted from gytone
Surely they'll open the osmond ?

Sooner we sell out the remaining tickets in the upper the sooner they’ll consider it.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, September 17, 2021, 4:50pm; Reply: 94
They shouldn't wait till the rest is sold out otherwise you end up with just a few in the Osmond which doesn't add to the atmosphere much, whereas if it had been opened up a couple of days ago the rest would be pretty full and their may have been 3 or 4 hundred behind the goal as well. Lets face it even our idiots wont be looking to start something off against a load of retirees.
Posted by: RonMariner, September 17, 2021, 4:52pm; Reply: 95
9. Mmm.  Do you think we should be singing at them:  'You're supposed to be away, you're supposed to be away!'
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, September 17, 2021, 5:19pm; Reply: 96
Likely to be full home stands for 2 games in a week, actually in (just) less than 4 days.  This is as good as it gets.  Literally.  

If Carlsberg did (instant) resurrections.....................and crucified Hollowhead at the same time.
Posted by: TinklerMan, September 17, 2021, 6:49pm; Reply: 97
Not from around these parts, and only recently moved to Louth for work.
Had a great night on Tuesday and absolutely loved it, and so I suppose I am new adopted supporter.
Got me tickets for tomorrow and really looking forward to the game. Don't shoot me, I am actually a bit of an armchair Man United fan that makes the occasional trip to Old Trafford. My colleague is a Mariner, and persuaded me to come and have a look with my Son.
Loved the little ground and the atmosphere. Can't believe you get such a bit attendance for National League football.

Looking forward to the Eastleigh game tomorrow, and my boy is so excited and wanting a shirt too LOL
Posted by: RonMariner, September 17, 2021, 7:25pm; Reply: 98
So Eastleigh sell 9 tickets for the away end.

I bet the Scunts are jealous of that too. They can only dream of such a following.
Posted by: denni266, September 17, 2021, 7:36pm; Reply: 99
Quoted from TinklerMan
Had a great night on Tuesday and absolutely loved it, and so I suppose I am new adopted supporter.
Got me tickets for tomorrow and really looking forward to the game. Don't shoot me, I am actually a bit of an armchair Man United fan that makes the occasional trip to Old Trafford. My colleague is a Mariner, and persuaded me to come and have a look with my Son.
Loved the little ground and the atmosphere. Can't believe you get such a bit attendance for National League football.

Looking forward to the Eastleigh game tomorrow, and my boy is so excited and wanting a shirt too LOL

Welcome to the real world of football  where players play because they love it and just earn a decent living on the whole.  Where fans will walk through 2ft of snow , wind rain  because they love real football and there teams ..Prem is just a circus with silly wages . It has lost its respect from the rest of us . This is where real footballers play every week and real fans watch every week .. Oh and if you are near an Aldi there will be a car wash that will love the old manpoo shirt to use as a rag  ;)
Posted by: sydney, September 17, 2021, 7:45pm; Reply: 100

This will be a tough game against a  v strong side who will look for the 0-1 away win
This as big a challenge as Tuesday
Will be as impressed with 3 points tomorrow as other weeks so far
A result tomorrow means we can take care of business
Come on Town!!
Posted by: ginnywings, September 17, 2021, 7:46pm; Reply: 101
Quoted from Kris2

Dover are looking pretty hopeless this season but Eastleigh will be coming to us with some confidence after scoring a few goals. From what I've seen they like to play it on the deck too which might play to our advantage anyway. Less looking forward to facing a team like Woking who I think are the worst side in the league but will win games on pure physicality and getting away with cheap fouls and roughing smaller players up. Those games I think will be tougher than the sides who like to play passing games that we can outplay.

If we can stop letting a goal in first and dominate for the first 20 minutes they should struggle against us. I doubt they will be big pushovers though neither were some of our previous opponents and we still got 3-4 goals.

Yeah, I want to see how we cope with the big bruiser, 10 behind the ball type teams. We haven't met one of those yet and we struggled to break them down last time we were in non league.

The league actually looks to have more quality in it now than last time and more teams seem to be trying to play more passing football.

So far, we have outscored almost everyone we have come up against, Stockport excepted. Will be interesting to see how we do against more agricultural opponents.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, September 17, 2021, 7:50pm; Reply: 102
Quoted from TinklerMan

Welcome on board the good ship Mariner, you will enjoy the ride!
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 17, 2021, 8:07pm; Reply: 103
Quoted from RonMariner
9. Mmm.  Do you think we should be singing at them:  'You're supposed to be away, you're supposed to be away!'

They've sold 15 now!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 17, 2021, 8:17pm; Reply: 104
Quoted from TinklerMan

I think areas like Louth have been tapped into by Lincoln in recent years due to our neglect of the area. Years ago, we used to do Football In The Community out there I'm sure but sadly, we neglected anything past Healing or Waltham which made them easy pickings for our neighbours.

I'm glad you chose to venture out of your LN postcode on Tuesday night. Welcome along for the ride. Lincoln might not like to hear it, but Grimsby is closer anyway!
Posted by: SteffiMariner, September 17, 2021, 8:25pm; Reply: 105
Quoted from sydney

This will be a tough game against a  v strong side who will look for the 0-1 away win
This as big a challenge as Tuesday
Will be as impressed with 3 points tomorrow as other weeks so far
A result tomorrow means we can take care of business
Come on Town!!

Not the best limerick I've read, to be honest.

Posted by: Tommy, September 17, 2021, 8:32pm; Reply: 106
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I think areas like Louth have been tapped into by Lincoln in recent years due to our neglect of the area. Years ago, we used to do Football In The Community out there I'm sure but sadly, we neglected anything past Healing or Waltham which made them easy pickings for our neighbours.

I'm glad you chose to venture out of your LN postcode on Tuesday night. Welcome along for the ride. Lincoln might not like to hear it, but Grimsby is closer anyway!

I'm certain GTSET still do work in Louth too.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 17, 2021, 8:40pm; Reply: 107
It will be interesting tomorrow they’re decent and have no pressure on them and we’re playing well and with belief.

I wonder if Andy Boyce will be playing I always thought he gave 100% in a Town shirt, I hope that he has a mare tomorrow though.  
Posted by: Maringer, September 17, 2021, 8:43pm; Reply: 108
I'm told that Eastleigh are a team who usually try to play football and have a go at the opposition, which might mean it is easier than playing a team who park the bus. On the other hand, a greater risk of being turned over, I suppose...
Posted by: Yossarian, September 17, 2021, 8:52pm; Reply: 109
Quoted from jamesgtfc

When i.lived in louth as a kid in the 80s it was all Town fans...  dont remember ever speaking to anyone or knew of anyone  who supported the Gimps.

Ayway... welcome to Tinkler...  its not normally this good... make the most of it...  we all are

Posted by: The Yard Dog, September 17, 2021, 9:04pm; Reply: 110
Quoted from TinklerMan

Welcome to the family, once you get hooked that it, you should try a away game as well.

This is proper football and what it means to follow GTFC the ups, downs the rollcaster ride, we are on a crest of a big wave at the moment, so its a good time to join the increasing band of mariners.

UTM
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, September 17, 2021, 9:16pm; Reply: 111
...........and make sure that you have some warm clothing for midweek games in the winter.
Posted by: lukeo, September 17, 2021, 9:24pm; Reply: 112
Welcome tinkler..

Have Eastleigh seriously sold just 15?? Why segregated? Let's just open up the whole. Stadium to everyone and just enjoy a good game of football. UTM
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 17, 2021, 9:27pm; Reply: 113

....and if you hear the name Fenty mentioned on here it's nothing you need to bother about Tinkler mate.
Posted by: Scenes on toast, September 17, 2021, 9:56pm; Reply: 114
Welcome Tinkler, good to have you on board. Enjoy the season , its gonna be interesting #ATAW
Posted by: aldi_01, September 17, 2021, 10:08pm; Reply: 115
We do pick up fans along the way to be fair, a friend of mine lived in Lincoln for a significant part of his life after originally coming from Ireland, never went to SB.

Moves here, goes to one game, goes to them all now.
Posted by: toontown, September 17, 2021, 10:17pm; Reply: 116
Quoted from TinklerMan

Welcome Tinkler. Hope its a great game tomorrow with another fantastic performance from team and crowd, but you really need to get yourself to an away game too as mentioned for a proper away day atmosphere.

Also, don't be stingy - your lad deserves a scarf and hat too! ;)
Posted by: Garth, September 17, 2021, 10:18pm; Reply: 117
Quoted from ginnywings

Town fans will be in the Osmond if demand is there and the rest of the ground is full. The new owners aint daft.

Put them in a box, give them a treat
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 17, 2021, 10:23pm; Reply: 118
Quoted from TinklerMan

Old Trafford record attendance, just saying  ;)

Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 17, 2021, 10:24pm; Reply: 119
Quoted from promotion plaice

Old Trafford record attendance, just saying  ;)

You know you're a true Town fan when you tell Man Utd fans that stat.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 17, 2021, 10:36pm; Reply: 120
Don’t tell him we’ve also hit Old Trafford’s lowest attendance. Oops, I just did.

Welcome Tinkler & Son.
Posted by: RonMariner, September 17, 2021, 10:39pm; Reply: 121
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Don’t tell him we’ve also hit Old Trafford’s lowest attendance. Oops, I just did.

Welcome Tinkler & Son.

Did we?
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 17, 2021, 11:35pm; Reply: 122
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
...........and make sure that you have some warm clothing for midweek games in the winter.

In theUpper Youngs you need warm clothing in the Summer as well.(eek)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 18, 2021, 1:04am; Reply: 123
Quoted from RonMariner

Did we?

Apparently as well as the 76,300 or whatever for the FA Cup semifinal, we also had a Cup replay against Barrow with under 9,700 there.
Posted by: gary_elton, September 18, 2021, 1:16am; Reply: 124
My buddy ( we served as squaddies together )is high up in security and the stadium tours at Old Trafford  , took us on a tour once and said you're gonna love this bit.. one very large wallposter of the highest ever attendance there...  UTM  !!!
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 18, 2021, 7:21am; Reply: 125
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Apparently as well as the 76,300 or whatever for the FA Cup semifinal, we also had a Cup replay against Barrow with under 9,700 there.

The lowest attendance at Old Trafford was just 13 when Stockport County played Leicester City in 1921, in a game moved from Edgeley Park which was closed due to crowd trouble.
Posted by: Davec, September 18, 2021, 7:27am; Reply: 126
Quoted from Les Brechin

The lowest attendance at Old Trafford was just 13 when Stockport County played Leicester City in 1921, in a game moved from Edgeley Park which was closed due to crowd trouble.

Was you at that game Les?😉
Posted by: Posh Harry, September 18, 2021, 7:35am; Reply: 127
Quoted from Davec

He had to be, the grandkids weren’t allowed to get in on their own 🙂
Posted by: forza ivano, September 18, 2021, 8:15am; Reply: 128
upper findus now sold out, less than 150 in the main
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 18, 2021, 8:23am; Reply: 129
Quoted from Les Brechin

I’m glad you corrected me on that Les. Glad to know we haven’t got the bad record.
Posted by: Cod marriner, September 18, 2021, 9:11am; Reply: 130
Quoted from forza ivano
upper findus now sold out, less than 150 in the main

What an incredible turnout this is going to be once again, less than 50 left now in the main stand.
I’d imagine we will be looking at a total sell out before 10am the way the last tickets have been snapped up since this morning , happy days!! Well done town!
Posted by: GollyGTFC, September 18, 2021, 9:21am; Reply: 131
Quoted from Les Brechin

They've sold 15 now!

Just checked and they appear to have smashed through the 20 barrier.
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 18, 2021, 9:38am; Reply: 132
Quoted from Davec

Yeah, I was one of the 14 turnstile operators.  ;)
Posted by: moosey_club, September 18, 2021, 9:52am; Reply: 133
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Just checked and they appear to have smashed through the 20 barrier.

Respect to them that have. Bear in mind they have never beaten us then the long journey up North looks even less inviting.

Posted by: BeijingMariner, September 18, 2021, 9:57am; Reply: 134
Quoted from TinklerMan

Welcome from me too, it's nice to hear these things. Met a chap from Colchester last Tuesday who drove up for the giggles and tick another ground off his list, he loved it too, though we were a very good team and that the ground was ace, which it is, despite it's faults.  Get the lad the whole kit, he'll be a Mariner for life :-) Enjoy the game today, mate.
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, September 18, 2021, 9:58am; Reply: 135
20 proper fans that.. Good on them would be easy to support Southampton or Portsmouth living there.
Posted by: lukeo, September 18, 2021, 9:58am; Reply: 136
Osmond open to town fans 👏
Posted by: Jaws, September 18, 2021, 10:02am; Reply: 137
Quoted from lukeo
Osmond open to town fans 👏

A lot gone already, not sure if some of those were already booked up as there has been fans in there each game despite not being on sale.
Posted by: Humbercod, September 18, 2021, 10:04am; Reply: 138
Best get block b open!
Posted by: GhostDan, September 18, 2021, 10:08am; Reply: 139
Like everybody here, I've been left pretty speechless by how good we've been so far this season - disregarding the wins/points..  it's just so good to see talented players, working for each other, leaving everything out there and intercourse me, these boys can't half play football as well.

That being said, I'll be equally impressed today if we put on a boring, professional performance and beat them 2-0 or something without giving them a sniff.  Winning games like today is going to be the difference between whether we are celebrating at the end of the season, or not.

I can't wait.
UTM
Posted by: lukeo, September 18, 2021, 10:08am; Reply: 140
You're right... Block A almost sold out. Just the top2 rows and bottom row with a few on the edge.
Posted by: Humbercod, September 18, 2021, 10:17am; Reply: 141
Quoted from lukeo
You're right... Block A almost sold out. Just the top2 rows and bottom row with a few on the edge.

I don’t think it’s fair to ask our fans to sit in the back 2 rows to be honest unless your less then 4ft tall.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 18, 2021, 10:27am; Reply: 142
As an exile it’s hard to imagine what it’s like being around the town at the moment. The build up down meggies having a few pints and the smile on people’s faces.

It’s just a shame those that can’t get to the games are unable to watch it. But, that’s the sacrifice we have. One step backwards (and the loss of dead wood) to take 3 forwards. I’ll take that for sure

UTM
<><
<><
<><
Posted by: Hagrid, September 18, 2021, 10:29am; Reply: 143
Quoted from lukeo

Theres loads left in there? Lots of rows
Posted by: forza ivano, September 18, 2021, 10:50am; Reply: 144
200 sold in block a, about 100 left.less than 100 available in the main stand.
i think we must've sold almost 6500 tickets

ps saw on twitter that people are still buying season tickets. Would be interesting to know what the totals now stands at
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, September 18, 2021, 10:56am; Reply: 145
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
As an exile it’s hard to imagine what it’s like being around the town at the moment. The build up down meggies having a few pints and the smile on people’s faces.

It’s just a shame those that can’t get to the games are unable to watch it. But, that’s the sacrifice we have. One step backwards (and the loss of dead wood) to take 3 forwards. I’ll take that for sure

UTM
<><
<><

<><

Going to my local with headphones and Town shirt, few ales listening to Town
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 18, 2021, 11:02am; Reply: 146
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

Going to my local with headphones and Town shirt, few ales listening to Town

I’ll give you a quick call at half time (kids allowing! )
Posted by: Oly1987, September 18, 2021, 11:21am; Reply: 147
my grandad asked if he could come today and luckily the seat next to me was still available so getting him out the house for the afternoon. Gonna hit up the fanzone so the kids can get their faces painted and we can all have some of the lovely grub pre match
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, September 18, 2021, 11:55am; Reply: 148
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I’ll give you a quick call at half time (kids allowing! )

🍺👍
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 11:42am