15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Oly1987
September 15, 2021, 7:41pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,227
Gold Stars: 22
just got 6 tickets, me and my 2 mates and our 3 kids. looking forward to it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 148
HertsGTFC
September 15, 2021, 7:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from The Yard Dog
Put away fans in the corner and make the Osmond stand behind the goal available to home fans, the acoustic from the Osmond are the best in the ground.
Imagine the noise if we have fans behind both goals.

I seem to remember in the PO semi we did that.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 148
MuddyWaters
September 15, 2021, 8:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Who could resist watching Ben Tozer hurl 40 yard throw ins into the box again and again and again?

Hell of a lot of cash to pay for someone who can chuck a throw but can’t defend.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 148
golfer
September 15, 2021, 8:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Was on a kings x to donny train late Saturday no social distancing whatsoever in fact pre booked seats didn’t apply and it was a free for all. The donny to gy bit same no social distancing and most people drunk up coming back from donny races and Man U game.  In my opinion if your still wary of people contact I wouldn’t use the train

Think i was on the same train as you -1634 from Kings x - everybody at Donny was drunk including a wedding party to Scunny    PS - I was the good looking guy signing autographs outside the station.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 148
RichMariner
September 15, 2021, 9:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
I know we've taken the Osmond end before and put visiting fans in the corner, but does that remain an option? I've always wondered how we segregate fans (I know it's not always necessary).

It seems a simple solution to us, in terms of getting more home tickets on sale, but I wonder if behind the scenes it's a little tricky to implement.

Just to say — I'd love to see Blundell Park sold out in all four stands and hope we can make it happen at some point.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 34 - 148
MarinerRob
September 15, 2021, 9:20pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Was on a kings x to donny train late Saturday no social distancing whatsoever in fact pre booked seats didn’t apply and it was a free for all. The donny to gy bit same no social distancing and most people drunk up coming back from donny races and Man U game.  In my opinion if your still wary of people contact I wouldn’t use the train

Luckily I will be going the other way. Normally trains going back to London 7.00 onwards are pretty quiet. Likewise I will be going from Cleethorpes to Doncaster. Hopefully, there won't be too many day trippers.

Our first home match against Weymouth was Bank Holiday weekend and I couldn't take the risk of a packed train from Cleethorpes to Doncaster. Weekend was sunny as well. So I missed that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 148
aldi_01
September 15, 2021, 9:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Hell of a lot of cash to pay for someone who can chuck a throw but can’t defend.

Tozer was awful last night and the long throws are boring, I wonder how many times they lead to anything significant because last night they were a waste of time. Town dealt with them every single time. Ironically, the one time they played a quick, short throw they caused us a problem…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 148
KingstonMariner
September 15, 2021, 11:28pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings
Couldn't get my regular seat for Saturday and I can't remember the last time that happened.

There has been some suggestion (especially from Wrexham fans) that the home sell out last night was to see their "Hollywood" team, but sales for the less glamorous Eastleigh seem to be more than holding up.

Eastleigh, less glamorous than Wrexham?!! But they’re the Spitfires! Some of their fans great grandparents or great great grandparents might have worked for Supermarine. Can’t get more glamorous than that!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 148
GrimPol
September 16, 2021, 8:20am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -656
Gold Stars: 69
Booking on line
Can you choose your seat or are you alloted a seat as of old?
When booking theatre tickets you can view the seats and pick the ones you want.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 148
UTMAdinfinitum
September 16, 2021, 8:24am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: +94
You choose the seats.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 148
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Eastleigh at home Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.