Hagrid
September 15, 2021, 10:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,412
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from MarinerRob
Should be my first game of the season. I am a season ticket holder but live 220 miles away. Wife still very worried about Covid so she was reluctant for me to go up to now.

If I go I will have to sleep in the spare room when I get home until I get a clear covid result. She is probably sensible if a little over the top.

best to be safe mate, me old man still wearing his mask at the games
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 148
MarinerRob
September 15, 2021, 10:33am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted from Hagrid

best to be safe mate, me old man still wearing his mask at the games

That's what I will be doing. Also, I normally get the train from Kings Cross but that means crossing London on the Tube but to avoid the crowds I will drive to Peterborough and get a train from there where, hopefully, I will be able t keep some distance between me.

Also, at the ground toilets breaks will have to be during the game, no going at half time with the congestion in there.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 148
moss_side_mariner
September 15, 2021, 10:35am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from ginnywings

I know that but I have other reasons to be there, so will get one while I'm down there.

Has the club shop got the Fenty punch bags in stock?😉

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 148
jamesgtfc
September 15, 2021, 10:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
I've mentioned the Lincoln habits from their title season a couple of times - good to see we're getting one of them - late goals. Another one is consistently putting away the weaker opposition something we failed to do last time at this level. We are ahead of the game already against the big six, we must do the business against the bottom half to make sure we don't waste that bit edge we already have.

I worked at Lincoln quite a lot during their promotion season. I was there when Arnold scored against Ipswich which was a surreal moment for me given what he had done for us a few months earlier.

The situation we find ourselves in right now feels very similar to how Sincil Bank felt as that season progressed in that everybody felt part of something special.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 148
ginnywings
September 15, 2021, 10:56am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,125
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MarinerRob
Should be my first game of the season. I am a season ticket holder but live 220 miles away. Wife still very worried about Covid so she was reluctant for me to go up to now.

If I go I will have to sleep in the spare room when I get home until I get a clear covid result. She is probably sensible if a little over the top.

Bonus!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 148
The Yard Dog
September 15, 2021, 10:57am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from MarinerRob

You have to do what is right for and your family and be comfortable with it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 148
ginnywings
September 15, 2021, 10:59am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,125
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from moss_side_mariner

Has the club shop got the Fenty punch bags in stock?😉

Got one on back order.

I can get into the fanzone this morning, unlike last night.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 148
Tommy
September 15, 2021, 11:20am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I worked at Lincoln quite a lot during their promotion season. I was there when Arnold scored against Ipswich which was a surreal moment for me given what he had done for us a few months earlier.

The situation we find ourselves in right now feels very similar to how Sincil Bank felt as that season progressed in that everybody felt part of something special.

I was thinking about the possible parallels with Lincoln that year too (and funnily enough had some minor involvement with Lincoln that season myself too). Mainly around the crowds and momentum built up.
Once they got some results and big crowds, it just snowballed didn't it. They carried on getting results and maintained their good crowds all season. We've started in a similar vein and there's a buzz around the place and a togetherness like Lincoln had that season.

Hoping we can sustain it. And that when we inevitably hit a bump in the road and suffer a defeat, it doesn't derail the momentum and crowd numbers.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 148
Heswall Mariner
September 15, 2021, 11:47am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +590
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from MarinerRob

Oh dear Rob. Thin edge of the wedge that is - I reckon you'l be lucky to be let back into the boudoir now.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 148
Rik e B
September 15, 2021, 12:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
There's a special socially distanced section in the Main Stand for those that still fearful of covid Rob. Why don't you speak to the club about your predicament and see if can get moved into there?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 148
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Eastleigh at home Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.