Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle (again)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 129 Guests

Omar Bogle (again)

This thread currently has 67,543 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
September 1, 2021, 7:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,603
Gold Stars: 1,503
There seem to be a couple of very good reasons why he won't be coming here:

1. Stockwood has implied we asked the question and Bogle himself said no
2. Bogle has not exactly hidden his feelings about his interests being outside of football
3. He has also demonstrated a belief in himself that is possibly misplaced and therefore a move to the NL would seem
    very unlikely as his ego may not allow it
4. His salary demands (see #3) would probably be beyond us, especially as Hurst values teamwork and being a unit -
    not helped by one player earning more than his colleagues and not being shy about talking about it

I would love to see him back here but I think it's very unlikely.

Is that the case? I'll be honest, I didn't hear Stockwood's interview and have only read what others have repeated on here, but I got the impression that he'd rather skirted around the question as opposed to suggesting Omar didn't fancy it.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 346
Mariner93er
September 1, 2021, 7:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,738
Gold Stars: 28
Think his words were Bogle and Akinde ‘hadn’t been made available to us’?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 346
toontown
September 1, 2021, 7:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,280
Gold Stars: 70
Didn't he say "those players were not made available to us"

Is that right?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 346
toontown
September 1, 2021, 8:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,280
Gold Stars: 70
Which I would think means either:
the club wasn't interested in selling to us - highly unlikely
We asked for a loan and the club wasn't interested in loaning to us - a bit more likely if they wanted to sell him
Or his agent was passing on the players decline to our interest - probably most likely
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 346
KingstonMariner
September 1, 2021, 8:27pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from toontown
We asked for a loan and the club wasn't interested in loaning to us - a bit more likely if they wanted to sell him
Or his agent was passing on the players decline to our interest - probably most likely

Middle one of the three I thought

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 346
monkeyboy
September 2, 2021, 6:00am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from toontown

To be fair i would imagine Hurst does have Mr. Bogles mobile phone number and rather than go through an agent he may well have just rang him and said " now then Omar me old mucka do you fancy coming out to play?"
My view is the club i.e. Donny rovers wanted rid of his wage before the window shut, now that it has shut you cant say we don't have a chance if we do stump up enough wages to take Donny's interest.  Pretty sure Omar doesn't want to be sat around.
Would he drop down? probably if its a loan till Christmas for some game time
If we get him on loan until January and he fires 15 - 20 goals then come the next window clubs would be lining up with offers.

Im pretty sure Omar knows the time he can earn in football is very limited so would be a fool to turn his back on it, may have earnt a wedge but at 28 another 4-5 years earnings could be lost. he should be at his peak playing years now. another good run with us could resurrect his career and get him that one last big deal and real financial security.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 346
BobbyCummingsTackle
September 2, 2021, 10:23am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,280
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from Poojah

Is that the case? I'll be honest, I didn't hear Stockwood's interview and have only read what others have repeated on here, but I got the impression that he'd rather skirted around the question as opposed to suggesting Omar didn't fancy it.

I think you can see from the answers above that we've all taken different nuances from his comment but the common theme is that he's not coming.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 346
BobbyCummingsTackle
September 2, 2021, 10:25am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,280
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from monkeyboy

To be fair i would imagine Hurst does have Mr. Bogles mobile phone number and rather than go through an agent he may well have just rang him and said " now then Omar me old mucka do you fancy coming out to play?"
My view is the club i.e. Donny rovers wanted rid of his wage before the window shut, now that it has shut you cant say we don't have a chance if we do stump up enough wages to take Donny's interest.  Pretty sure Omar doesn't want to be sat around.
Would he drop down? probably if its a loan till Christmas for some game time
If we get him on loan until January and he fires 15 - 20 goals then come the next window clubs would be lining up with offers.

Im pretty sure Omar knows the time he can earn in football is very limited so would be a fool to turn his back on it, may have earnt a wedge but at 28 another 4-5 years earnings could be lost. he should be at his peak playing years now. another good run with us could resurrect his career and get him that one last big deal and real financial security.

Does Hurst always adopt the persona of D*ck Van Dyck in Mary Poppins when he's approaching players? It's not surprising that we miss out on a few, they must think he's a right pillock.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 346
dicko995
September 2, 2021, 11:02am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -261
Gold Stars: 21
It only takes a phone call to prolong this topic, or end it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 346
Poojah
September 2, 2021, 12:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,603
Gold Stars: 1,503

Does Hurst always adopt the persona of D*ck Van Dyck in Mary Poppins when he's approaching players? It's not surprising that we miss out on a few, they must think he's a right pillock.

Scoff all you like Bobby but I've just been for brunch at Millfields and you won't believe who I bumped into...

[img]https://i.ibb.co/G5rD7pP/hurst-bogle.png[/img]
It's on folks!

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 346
35 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle (again)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.