Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle (again)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 142 Guests

Omar Bogle (again)

This thread currently has 67,541 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Posh Harry
September 1, 2021, 1:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,363
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Rick12
Omar Bogle  for me is a good steady eddy lower league player at best. When I saw him for the first time he didnt grab me like others did eg Scott Neilson and Siriki Dembele .

You can’t judge a forward against tricky wingers though. Bogle would be judged by goals and general forward play, not if he could take on a full back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 346
monkeyboy
September 1, 2021, 1:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Rick12
Omar Bogle  for me is a good steady eddy lower league player at best. When I saw him for the first time he didnt grab me like others did eg Scott Neilson and Siriki Dembele .

Bad comparison to be fair, Bogle is a goal scorer. the other two arent.
Like i said provide Bogle service in any division he will score goals.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 346
Rick12
September 1, 2021, 1:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Posh Harry

You can’t judge a forward against tricky wingers though. Bogle would be judged by goals and general forward play, not if he could take on a full back.
For me though Harry Omar Bogle didnt have that extra bit of quality which is what you sometimes see in a player in a Grimsby shirt regardless of position though .Hence Iam not that surprised he hasn't made it higher up the leagues. I agree though players can blow hot or cold. Remember Kayden Jackson .On his debut for Grimsby I thought looked really good  and for me looked better than Bogle on initial impressions. He wasnt always consistent by all  accounts for Grimsby but for me had that edge which Bogle never had.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 346
Rick12
September 1, 2021, 1:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from monkeyboy

Bad comparison to be fair, Bogle is a goal scorer. the other two arent.
Like i said provide Bogle service in any division he will score goals.
Granted youve seen Bogle more than me Monkeyboy but I dont think Bogle  is a championship player though and as a striker admittedly on one or two viewings didnt excite me. Of the top of my head Ive seen others who  looked better than Bogle and impressed me on first impressions eg think of Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro and even Barry Conlon(if he sorted out his drinking habits could have done so much better for Grimsby).

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 346
Posh Harry
September 1, 2021, 1:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,363
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Rick12
For me though Harry Omar Bogle didnt have that extra bit of quality which is what you sometimes see in a player in a Grimsby regardless of position though .Hence Iam not that surprised he hasn't made it higher up the leagues. I agree though players can blow hot or cold. Remember Kayden Jackson .On his debut for Grimsby I thought looked really good  and for me looked better than Bogle on initial impressions. He wasnt always consistent by all  accounts for Grimsby but for me had that edge which Bogle never had.

That’s fair enough mate, you can only say what you can see.

For me, if motivated, Bogle was a class act who could scare a defence to death in League 2. Getting him motivated for enough of the time seems to have been the main problem since he has left, although I would be happy to have him back to see if hurst can give him the kick or the arm that he needs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 346
mariner91
September 1, 2021, 2:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,662
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Rick12
Granted youve seen Bogle more than me Monkeyboy but I dont think Bogle  is a championship player though and as a striker admittedly on one or two viewings didnt excite me. Of the top of my head Ive seen others who  looked better than Bogle and impressed me on first impressions eg think of Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro and even Barry Conlon(if he sorted out his drinking habits could have done so much better for Grimsby).

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 346
Jarmo.Is.God
September 1, 2021, 2:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
It's not going to happen, but he would be the perfect player for the no.9 position IMO.

Last time he played at Non-league / league 2, he scored for fun and was averaging a goal in 2.
He needs consistence, and a manager who trusts him...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 346
Mikey_345
September 1, 2021, 2:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
His options definitely alot more limited now. Assuming Richie Wellens is good to his word and he isn't going to be playing he has two choices, sit there and not play or get out on loan/transfer outside the EFL. Whilst i still think it's unlikely it is definitely more likely than it was, I wouldn't be surprised if we were asking the question,

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 346
jamesgtfc
September 1, 2021, 2:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,972
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Mikey_345
His options definitely alot more limited now. Assuming Richie Wellens is good to his word and he isn't going to be playing he has two choices, sit there and not play or get out on loan/transfer outside the EFL. Whilst i still think it's unlikely it is definitely more likely than it was, I wouldn't be surprised if we were asking the question,

If Doncaster don't start performing, Bogle won't have to worry about Wellens refusing to play him.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 346
Rick12
September 1, 2021, 2:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Cut the laughing emoj mariner 🤫.  Perhaps had I seen more of him I may of changed my tune .It was one game though that I saw him in and thought he looked good. I stand by that .You can only be true to what you see. Physical player that put himself about well. Done well for Rochdale in his first season in league one with them as well. Football ultimately though is about consistency though I admit . That and anyone who plays football in league or non league should be treated with a bit of respect and not laughed at as they have achieved what many football fans(chances are you included)  will never do and play the game in some paid capacity.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 346
35 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle (again)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.