Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle (again)
Users Browsing Forum
Ade mac and 133 Guests

Omar Bogle (again)

This thread currently has 67,544 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
August 24, 2021, 10:02am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Says he’s not heading out to either of the L2 clubs apparently interested in him, he’s not in the manager’s plans, and that Donny need him out to free up wages. Over the next 7 days something will give. Though it’s a long shot that he’ll turn up here.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 346
Northbank Mariner
August 24, 2021, 10:09am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,491
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Says he’s not heading out to either of the L2 clubs apparently interested in him, he’s not in the manager’s plans, and that Donny need him out to free up wages. Over the next 7 days something will give. Though it’s a long shot that he’ll turn up here.

My gut instinct is he'll retire from full-time football, concentrate on his music(which he loves probably more than football) then play part time in the NL/NLN/NLS..
Said this before but it's a shame, there was definitely a top level striker in there but it got lost along a very fractured path. Too many clubs have now taken a punt on Omar and it's not worked out.
Now either his attitude stinks or he's just not as good as his agent is making out and clubs have fell for the boll@x of his agents spiel.
Ultimately, I can't see him coming here, Solihull, Hereford potentially are my best bets.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 346
ska face
August 24, 2021, 10:10am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,664
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from Hagrid

bloody Humbug

i dont mind speculation, but theres never any proof or anything concrete that we're in for him- in fairness with PH we never do know. i just personally dont feel Bogle is the player we need right now

Yeah I think that’s the problem, you never get anything out of Hurst. When do we ever hear of a potential signing other than a few hours before it’s done? On top of that there’s just nothing coming out of the club really given that everyone’s isolating, so people are bound to fill the gap with something.
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 346
jamesgtfc
August 24, 2021, 10:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,980
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

My gut instinct is he'll retire from full-time football, concentrate on his music(which he loves probably more than football) then play part time in the NL/NLN/NLS..
Said this before but it's a shame, there was definitely a top level striker in there but it got lost along a very fractured path. Too many clubs have now taken a punt on Omar and it's not worked out.
Now either his attitude stinks or he's just not as good as his agent is making out and clubs have fell for the boll@x of his agents spiel.
Ultimately, I can't see him coming here, Solihull, Hereford potentially are my best bets.

Hereford train in Birmingham so if your theory plays out, that's not an unlikely destination.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 346
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
August 24, 2021, 10:11am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +848
Gold Stars: 118
How about poaching Ricky Miller from Dover. Proven at this level, but he just playing for a crapola team.

Plus we would get him for a sight less than 'has-been' Bogle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 346
Jarmo.Is.God
August 24, 2021, 10:12am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
How about poaching Ricky Miller from Dover. Proven at this level, but he just playing for a crapola team.

Plus we would get him for a sight less than 'has-been' Bogle.

I've also got the vibe of Miller that he can be a bit of a 'clown' let say, and not the type Hurst looks for
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 346
jamesgtfc
August 24, 2021, 10:24am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

I've also got the vibe of Miller that he can be a bit of a 'clown' let say, and not the type Hurst looks for

He seems to go to pieces mentally when he has to train full time.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 346
fishboyUTM
August 24, 2021, 11:11am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Why sign somebody now for £2k a week when we could potentially get a £4k player for that money in a week or so when 91 other clubs can't sign them anymore?

You do make a very good point. And we are playing Weymouth on Saturday. Our reserves should be enough to despatch them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 346
Poojah
August 24, 2021, 11:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,605
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner
https://www.yorkshirepost.co.u.....moat-stadium-3357144

Looks like he's not heading out. Regardless I very much doubt we have any interest in him.

Reading between the lines, Bogle has a year to run on his contract which I suspect is a damn sight better than what clubs below League One will be capable of or willing to offer. I'm sure he knows he's finished at Donny, he will simply want to offset any loss on his new contract in the form of a pay-off from them - why should he stand to lose money?

I don't see why we wouldn't at least be asking the question to be honest, or why we wouldn't be interested in him. I don't know what the relationship behind Hurst and Omar is like; I do recall it being a bit fractious at times, however I'm sure both will recognise that they were good for each other's respective careers and it was under Hurst that he was playing the best football of his life five years ago.

We're surely on the cusp of a Dembele shaped windfall, on the back of fees already received this summer for Pollock and Grist. We're about to sell 3,000 season tickets for only the second time in our history, and as it stands we are the only one of the bigger, traditional clubs in this league not to have made a statement signing up front (or at all, really, as solid as our recruitment looks on paper). We have a gaping hole in our squad in terms of that elusive number 9, and regardless of recent form I honestly think Bogle would tear this division to pieces in that role and his signing would absolutely transform the complexion of our summer recruitment.

I'm not suggesting getting him here would be easy, there may well be offers from League Two clubs which are financially or more professionally attractive. Equally, I'm not suggesting it's a healthy thing to do to rip up your wage structure to entice one player to the club (as Wrexham have so obviously done with Mullin) but if any agreement between Bogle and Doncaster can soften that then we should be prepared to push the boat out a little.

I'm not sure where Omar is living currently - he may be commuting from further down south, but if he's living in the Doncaster area then you'd hope, for once, we might actually be geographically attractive too.

All in all, given the above, I'd just be disappointed if the club hadn't at least explored the idea. Is it any more fanciful than Madden to Stockport, Mullin to Wrexham or Tshimanga to Chesterfield?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 346
jamesgtfc
August 24, 2021, 11:39am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

Reading between the lines, Bogle has a year to run on his contract which I suspect is a damn sight better than what clubs below League One will be capable of or willing to offer. I'm sure he knows he's finished at Donny, he will simply want to offset any loss on his new contract in the form of a pay-off from them - why should he stand to lose money?

I don't see why we wouldn't at least be asking the question to be honest, or why we wouldn't be interested in him. I don't know what the relationship behind Hurst and Omar is like; I do recall it being a bit fractious at times, however I'm sure both will recognise that they were good for each other's respective careers and it was under Hurst that he was playing the best football of his life five years ago.

We're surely on the cusp of a Dembele shaped windfall, on the back of fees already received this summer for Pollock and Grist. We're about to sell 3,000 season tickets for only the second time in our history, and as it stands we are the only one of the bigger, traditional clubs in this league not to have made a statement signing up front (or at all, really, as solid as our recruitment looks on paper). We have a gaping hole in our squad in terms of that elusive number 9, and regardless of recent form I honestly think Bogle would tear this division to pieces in that role and his signing would absolutely transform the complexion of our summer recruitment.

I'm not suggesting getting him here would be easy, there may well be offers from League Two clubs which are financially or more professionally attractive. Equally, I'm not suggesting it's a healthy thing to do to rip up your wage structure to entice one player to the club (as Wrexham have so obviously done with Mullin) but if any agreement between Bogle and Doncaster can soften that then we should be prepared to push the boat out a little.

I'm not sure where Omar is living currently - he may be commuting from further down south, but if he's living in the Doncaster area then you'd hope, for once, we might actually be geographically attractive too.

All in all, given the above, I'd just be disappointed if the club hadn't at least explored the idea. Is it any more fanciful than Madden to Stockport, Mullin to Wrexham or Tshimanga to Chesterfield?

No harm in a cheeky loan offer with us taking on a portion of his wages.

Bogle has to agree to any negotiated pay off of his contract so us paying a portion of those wages might actually be a better deal for Doncaster anyway.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 346
35 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle (again)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.