Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 21, 2021, 4:05pm

Not even on the Donny bench today.

Rumours on their forum he could be off.

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?PHPSESSID=7fe078acdae6240410678824c78736c3&topic=281947.0
Posted by: RobDef1, August 21, 2021, 4:20pm; Reply: 1
Neither Bogle nor Akinde have done great in seasons of late... Having said that, i would take either of them here in a heartbeat. Id prefer Omar as Hursty got the best from him and Akinde has no ties to the club previously.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, August 21, 2021, 4:36pm; Reply: 2
It might be worth going for both as they could alternate with LJL and Taylor on the treatment table. ;)
Posted by: Rhys_Mariners, August 21, 2021, 4:42pm; Reply: 3
Give.It.Up.
Posted by: davmariner, August 21, 2021, 4:52pm; Reply: 4
Bogle isn’t coming back folks.
Posted by: golfer, August 21, 2021, 5:01pm; Reply: 5
Oh yes he is
Posted by: buckstown, August 21, 2021, 5:01pm; Reply: 6
Massive risk taking Omar back given his lack of form in the last few years. Wouldn't want Akinde either at his age
Posted by: Sigone, August 21, 2021, 5:08pm; Reply: 7
Sounds like he is certainly going somewhere
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 21, 2021, 5:13pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Sigone
Sounds like he is certainly going somewhere

Probably Scunny  :o

Posted by: RobDef1, August 21, 2021, 5:19pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from promotion plaice

Probably Scunny  :o

scunny have a transfer embargo and maximum squad size
Posted by: Sigone, August 21, 2021, 5:20pm; Reply: 10
And they just signed a striker who scored on his debut.
Posted by: buckstown, August 21, 2021, 5:32pm; Reply: 11
Well if he does go to Scunny he'd definitely be edging his way towards Grimsby
Posted by: 1542 (Guest), August 21, 2021, 5:36pm; Reply: 12
Would be awesome but I can’t see it happening......

Stranger things have happened though!!
Posted by: LH, August 21, 2021, 5:39pm; Reply: 13
What’s Pat Glover up to these days?
Posted by: fishboyUTM, August 21, 2021, 5:42pm; Reply: 14
Akindie would be a terrible signing but it appears we want him. We're already stuck with forwards in their thirties, Taylor 33 and LJL 32 both who are injured. Akindie is 32.

Bogle, not sure it's viable but he looks like a player who isn't interested in football to me, he said as much not so long ago and that he almost retired. Maybe PH could re-ignite his desire? But surely that has to come from within, a loan move maybe would be ideal for all parties?

We are desperate for a centre forward, absolutely desperate and we need one in by next Saturday, we cannot afford to kick off without a proper centre forward with a goal threat with one automatic place available.
Posted by: Mikey_345, August 21, 2021, 5:50pm; Reply: 15
Look, I’m not saying he should/will come back. And I’m not one of those who have been obsessed with him every transfer window since he left…

But, if you look at it from Omar’s point of view it must be nearly make or break time. Since leaving here he has consistently under performed and been wanted out by most fans at the clubs he’s been at because of that. Doncaster is his eighth club in 4 years.

How many more moves is he going to get before league teams stop taking a gamble because of what he did 4/5 years ago, he’s 28 and should be in his prime.

If he wants to stay in football at a decent level, a return to a club he’s done well at and was obviously comfortable and happy at, with a manger that got the best out of him wouldn’t be a bad move to try and rediscover his form and possibly his enjoyment of football.

However I’d be hugely sceptical that there’s be any chance of that.
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, August 21, 2021, 5:59pm; Reply: 16
Not for me. It could take a full season just to get his form/mojo back (if that's even possible)
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 21, 2021, 6:04pm; Reply: 17
He's earned a life changing amount of money since leaving here. That changes people and makes them re-evaluate their priorities. I don't think he gets much enjoyment from competitive football anymore.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 21, 2021, 6:04pm; Reply: 18
I'd jump at the chance of taking either of them, neither of them will come to us.
Posted by: Ipswin, August 21, 2021, 6:11pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Mikey_345

. Since leaving here he has consistently under performed and been wanted out by most fans at the clubs he’s been at because of that. Doncaster is his eighth club in 4 years.

Has he though? He has certainly failed to live up to what the clubs signing him expected and nowhere near all the ridiculous predictions made by some rose-tinted spectacle wearers on here but basically is / was he no more than a decent striker at a non-league / middle of the table League 2 club anyway. Frankly I think he peaked during his time at BP and was vastly over-rated mainly by us lot.

Could he do it again tho? He would need to want to succeed and fall in love with football again and would that happen at Town under his little pal Hurst who seems to be the only manager who loved him (apart from Warnock for a few weeks up to him getting sent off against Bristol City after which it went mammaries up)
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 21, 2021, 6:22pm; Reply: 20
Let’s face it, he’s going to want decent money. If we sign him, it’s a massive show of intent but it also puts him under extreme pressure. Does he want/need to be a big fish in a little pond? It could be a genius move or go spectacularly wrong, I don’t think there’s an in between.
Posted by: RobDef1, August 21, 2021, 6:42pm; Reply: 21
Ritchie Wellens has said they have had interest in Omar Bogle and allowed him to think about it over the weekend, and that ultimately, hes not in their plans.

Source twitter (i know)

Question is, are we that club?
Posted by: pontoonlew, August 21, 2021, 6:55pm; Reply: 22
Honestly guys, and I say this without wanting to offend anybody, it is absolutely embarrassing reading this every week.
Posted by: pen penfras, August 21, 2021, 6:57pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from jamesgtfc
He's earned a life changing amount of money since leaving here. That changes people and makes them re-evaluate their priorities. I don't think he gets much enjoyment from competitive football anymore.

I can't imagine that he's earned enough to set himself up to retire and not have to work. I'd have thought somewhere in the region of £5k-£8k a week whilst at the championship clubs and probably about £2k a week now. About half of that will go to the tax man and then being a footballer he'll waste a lot on cars, gadgets etc. I'm sure he will be set up nicely, but it's not going to be millions where he can just stop trying at what should be his peak.
Posted by: LH, August 21, 2021, 7:00pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from pontoonlew
Honestly guys, and I say this without wanting to offend anybody, it is absolutely embarrassing reading this every week.

Literally thousands of professional footballers on this island and this forum (and some facebook groups and SM hashtags) are obsessed only with the ones who have previously played for us.
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, August 21, 2021, 7:03pm; Reply: 25
Well welll well, what’s all this then. Some interesting conversations going on here.

Good job I’m on wind down at the moment. If anything comes in within the short time remaining, then I’ll pm one or two of you to let you know.

What I can tell you, is that we have unfortunately missed out on two strikers over a period of the last three weeks. One of which has gone to a NL rival. The other was a a loan from a prominent Championship club
Posted by: 1542 (Guest), August 21, 2021, 7:06pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Well welll well, what’s all this then. Some interesting conversations going on here.

Good job I’m on wind down at the moment. If anything comes in within the short time remaining, then I’ll pm one or two of you to let you know.

What I can tell you, is that we have unfortunately missed out on two strikers over a period of the last three weeks. One of which has gone to a NL rival. The other was a a loan from a prominent Championship club

Got to be Tshimanga going to Chesterfield!

Come on Fellipe, what’s new?

Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 21, 2021, 7:11pm; Reply: 27

Here you are clout chasing and not stating any names AGAIN.

Bournemouth are a prominent Championship team and one of their strikers has just joined Scunthorpe for the season.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 21, 2021, 7:14pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from pen penfras

I can't imagine that he's earned enough to set himself up to retire and not have to work. I'd have thought somewhere in the region of £5k-£8k a week whilst at the championship clubs and probably about £2k a week now. About half of that will go to the tax man and then being a footballer he'll waste a lot on cars, gadgets etc. I'm sure he will be set up nicely, but it's not going to be millions where he can just stop trying at what should be his peak.

Do players still get 5% of the transfer fee? If so that's about £35k earned twice within 12 months plus any signing on fees. I would say he's definitely got enough to live mortgage free and pursue other interests.
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, August 21, 2021, 7:14pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from LH

Literally thousands of professional footballers on this island and this forum (and some facebook groups and SM hashtags) are obsessed only with the ones who have previously played for us.

I know what you mean BUT we do have a former manager at the helm, who has already brought 2 players (LJL & Pearson) back from his previous GTFC squads, and has a reputation for signing players for multiple clubs (Toto, Nolan, Henderson).  

Plus many Town fans haven't seen us score a goal at BP for 18 months+, AND Omar seems out of favour at Doncaster, so its almost inevitable that until Omar finds a settled new home, there's gonna be speculation he could be on his way here.    
Posted by: immariner, August 21, 2021, 7:21pm; Reply: 30

Not even on the Donny bench today.

Rumours on their forum he could be off.

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?PHPSESSID=7fe078acdae6240410678824c78736c3&topic=281947.0

https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1311355039/s-3310/
Posted by: GollyGTFC, August 21, 2021, 7:24pm; Reply: 31

What short time remaining? There’s no transfer window in the National League. We can sign players any time.
Posted by: Stranger in the Park, August 21, 2021, 7:42pm; Reply: 32
A quick look around the games shows that quite a lot of former Town strikers of recent years are still doing the business and playing regularly . Cook.Vernam, Matt . Palmer and Podge are all being played whereas nobody seems to rate Bogle for long. That says it all to me. Are we that desperate that we would even think of taking him back? There just has to be better options somewhere.
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 21, 2021, 7:50pm; Reply: 33

It's not us then if you are to believe this article in the Donny press.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers-boss-explains-omar-bogles-absence-and-reveals-offers-for-striker-3355156
Posted by: golfer, August 21, 2021, 7:51pm; Reply: 34
As I said previously Bogle has for the past 2-3 years had a real interest in music alongside his football career so I could see a thread very soon titled  " Bogle Sings "
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 21, 2021, 7:51pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from RobDef1

scunny have a transfer embargo and maximum squad size

And it’s a fu(king 5hithole with a soulless stadium and the towns iq is equivalent to what I’ve just passed into the bog
Posted by: RobDef1, August 21, 2021, 7:59pm; Reply: 36

As clear as it is that Bogles time at Donny is over... The article confuses me a bit. Starts by saying 2 league 2 clubs have made offers... then goes on to quote Wellens saying 'its not an offer as such'. So how is it 2 league 2 clubs? If were not in for him, maybe we should be?  
Posted by: davmariner, August 21, 2021, 8:04pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from golfer
Oh yes he is

Based on…?

It’s hypothetical but not keen to have him back anyway. If we didn’t have the history with him then we’d all view it as a mediocre signing of a player that hasn’t done anything on the pitch in years and is quickly sliding down the leagues.
Posted by: 1542 (Guest), August 21, 2021, 8:14pm; Reply: 38
Offers from Lesgue Two then.....We can probably put that one to bed now then..
Posted by: golfer, August 21, 2021, 8:15pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from RobDef1

As clear as it is that Bogles time at Donny is over... The article confuses me a bit. Starts by saying 2 league 2 clubs have made offers... then goes on to quote Wellens saying 'its not an offer as such'. So how is it 2 league 2 clubs? If were not in for him, maybe we should be?  

" Serious expressions of interest"
Posted by: smokey111, August 21, 2021, 8:28pm; Reply: 40
Very rarely comment on transfer news but was told by someone within the club that contact has been made with both Doncaster and Bogle.
Posted by: denni266, August 21, 2021, 8:58pm; Reply: 41
If you want a good striker you have to pay the going rate , Bogle is about the best we could get to come here but only if he wants to, and if the love for him is enough to get him firing again. Early days yet but with the squad we have at the moment we only look like a top 6/7 team .  That for me is poor going any way i look at it. And the way other teams are shaping up it looks like we are down here for the long haul so far
Posted by: oochiad, August 21, 2021, 9:05pm; Reply: 42
Saying Bradford on FaceAche
Posted by: Mikey_345, August 21, 2021, 9:11pm; Reply: 43

Welcome back, still waiting for n n n nine.

By the way there’s no transfer window in non league. Guess you should probably know that and remember for next time you’re on a “wind down” or wind up which is more fitting.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, August 21, 2021, 9:30pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from oochiad

Andy Cook in return then, scoring for fun at the moment for Bradford.
Posted by: mariner91, August 21, 2021, 9:34pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from oochiad

I'd be surprised. They're only starting with one out and out striker at the minute which is Andy Cook who is in great form. They also signed Caolan Lavery and Lee Angol in pre-season, don't think they'd be looking for a new striker!
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), August 21, 2021, 9:41pm; Reply: 46
Oh the free press article has deflated me.  :B
Posted by: lukeo, August 21, 2021, 9:48pm; Reply: 47
Won't happen but it'd be funny if we got him on a 2 year deal, he scores 20+ goals and we sell him AGAIN 😂
Posted by: ska face, August 21, 2021, 9:50pm; Reply: 48
The bloke went from the National League North to the Championship in 18 months (scoring 32 in 68 along the way), and some on here absolutely revelled in the fact he didn’t replicate that form straight away for Wigan.

Even as an abject failure in the eyes of some on here, and being in & out of teams, injured and changing clubs every few months, he’s still scored at every club he’s ever played for and averages 1 in 7 for teams playing 2 and 3 divisions higher than where we currently are.

Who have we had in that time? Vernam averaged 1 in 6.5, Jamille Matt averaged 1 in 9, JJ Hooper managed 1 in 6 (including 3 in a dead rubber at FGR & 1 at Newcastle u23s). Only Wes Thomas looked anything like a striker & he couldn’t leave quick enough. These all at League 2.

Bogle would be a step above anyone else in the division. What have Mullin, Quigley, Tshimanga ever done really? A handful of games at League 1 between them, three goals for Mullin a couple of years back. But if we picked any of those up it’d be a “real statement of intent” or one of the fabled “marquee signings”.

I can’t imagine Bogle would ever drop down to this level with us, and it’s only because we have some history with him that we’re even entertaining the thought. So let’s have it right, whatever he’s done since he left us, he’s still a class above the conference.
Posted by: RichMariner, August 21, 2021, 10:02pm; Reply: 49
Didn’t we try and sign him last summer? Seem to remember Runaway playing it down and then all of a sudden it was “We spoke to Omar but he’s not interested.”
Posted by: Kris2, August 21, 2021, 10:04pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from RichMariner
Didn’t we try and sign him last summer? Seem to remember Runaway playing it down and then all of a sudden it was “We spoke to Omar but he’s not interested.”

He managed to avoid that trashfire so it was probably the correct decision at the time. Was little more than just an approach and that's probably about as far as we'll get this time too, I doubt he's even entertaining the idea of returning here when he has clubs pushing for promotion in League Two with offers on the table, his agent probably laughed in our faces.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 21, 2021, 10:05pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from RichMariner

Runaway said a lot of things though.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 21, 2021, 10:10pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Runaway said a lot of things though.

£100k…club at heart, Fenty was the main man…
Posted by: golfer, August 21, 2021, 10:16pm; Reply: 53
BOGLE SInGS TONIGHT
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 21, 2021, 10:17pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from golfer
BOGLE SINGS TONIGHT

Omar he’s making eyes at me
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 21, 2021, 10:25pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Omar he’s making eyes at me

[img]https://c.tenor.com/qfIy_dl7ww0AAAAM/paul-hurst-grimsby.gif[/img]
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, August 21, 2021, 11:07pm; Reply: 56
If he still has a years contract at Donny, why not see if we can take him on loan for the season (paying a percentage of his wages) with the option to send him back in January if he is a bagashite
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 21, 2021, 11:07pm; Reply: 57

[img]https://c.tenor.com/qfIy_dl7ww0AAAAM/paul-hurst-grimsby.gif[/img]

Must admit. It was a bit cringe as the kids say.
Posted by: Poojah, August 21, 2021, 11:28pm; Reply: 58
We’re not going to sign a better number 9 than Omar Bogle this season - whatever you think of his career post-Town I’m absolutely certain of that.

I’ve always been sceptical of the idea of him returning on the basis that he would have always had far better offers. I don’t, and never did, buy into the idea that Holloway came close to signing him last summer. It would have been completely out of kilter with our recruitment patterns last season and interest from the likes of Charlton who eventually signed him would have surely been known to Omar and his ‘people’ at the time.

But there’s a part of me, perhaps only a small part but an itching feeling nonetheless, that makes me wonder whether the stars are aligning here.

For all his ability, his stock is now as low as it has been since he left Solihull in all reality - there were League One clubs purported to be interested back then. League Two clubs are already three games into their season; most squads will be more or less complete by this point and few will have room for a premium striker at this stage and even if they do, is Omar what they’re looking for?

Then there’s us. I can’t speak for the lad, but you’d imagine that some of the best and happiest moments of his career happened here. It wasn’t all smooth running, but this must be something of a happy place for him. Under Hurst, he went from a talented but slightly sulky forward to the best player in League Two in relatively short order. Here’s a stat - by the time he left us in January, Omar had scored 19 goals. Ollie Watkins, then at Exeter, scored 15 all season. That’s how good he is in his pomp.

And if there’s been a gaping hole in our recruitment this summer, it has patently been that number 9 spot. In my mind, if I think of the ‘type’ of player we need to fill that space - it’s Omar. Were we in for Tshimanga? I’ve a feeling we might have been, nothing more than a feeling, but I’ve always had the impression that we’ve reserved a decent chunk of budget for that high profile striker that has eluded us.

And let’s be honest, if there has been any criticism of the new owners (rightly or wrongly), it’s been our failure to attract something akin to a marquee signing up front. It might not please everyone, but signing Omar would undoubtedly relieve that heat - in the short-term at least.

For the first time since he left, I wouldn’t be surprised if this happened. And I’d be member-a-fúcking hoop if it did!
Posted by: LH, August 21, 2021, 11:49pm; Reply: 59
You’re all mental - he doesn’t even want to be a footballer.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 22, 2021, 12:03am; Reply: 60
If he signs you can knock me into a membered hat
Posted by: Harry Haddock, August 22, 2021, 12:05am; Reply: 61
If he still has a years contract at Donny, why not see if we can take him on loan for the season (paying a percentage of his wages) with the option to send him back in January if he is a bagashite

Donny want to free up his wages so they can sign a replacement
Posted by: toontown, August 22, 2021, 12:59am; Reply: 62
Not sure omar is that interested in footy any more, think the desire has left him,so regardless of his previous ability at this or any other level I would have grave doubts about it being a signing that would work out.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 22, 2021, 5:13am; Reply: 63
Quoted from Poojah
We’re not going to sign a better number 9 than Omar Bogle this season - whatever you think of his career post-Town I’m absolutely certain of that.

I’ve always been sceptical of the idea of him returning on the basis that he would have always had far better offers. I don’t, and never did, buy into the idea that Holloway came close to signing him last summer. It would have been completely out of kilter with our recruitment patterns last season and interest from the likes of Charlton who eventually signed him would have surely been known to Omar and his ‘people’ at the time.

But there’s a part of me, perhaps only a small part but an itching feeling nonetheless, that makes me wonder whether the stars are aligning here.

For all his ability, his stock is now as low as it has been since he left Solihull in all reality - there were League One clubs purported to be interested back then. League Two clubs are already three games into their season; most squads will be more or less complete by this point and few will have room for a premium striker at this stage and even if they do, is Omar what they’re looking for?

Then there’s us. I can’t speak for the lad, but you’d imagine that some of the best and happiest moments of his career happened here. It wasn’t all smooth running, but this must be something of a happy place for him. Under Hurst, he went from a talented but slightly sulky forward to the best player in League Two in relatively short order. Here’s a stat - by the time he left us in January, Omar had scored 19 goals. Ollie Watkins, then at Exeter, scored 15 all season. That’s how good he is in his pomp.

And if there’s been a gaping hole in our recruitment this summer, it has patently been that number 9 spot. In my mind, if I think of the ‘type’ of player we need to fill that space - it’s Omar. Were we in for Tshimanga? I’ve a feeling we might have been, nothing more than a feeling, but I’ve always had the impression that we’ve reserved a decent chunk of budget for that high profile striker that has eluded us.

And let’s be honest, if there has been any criticism of the new owners (rightly or wrongly), it’s been our failure to attract something akin to a marquee signing up front. It might not please everyone, but signing Omar would undoubtedly relieve that heat - in the short-term at least.

For the first time since he left, I wouldn’t be surprised if this happened. And I’d be member-a-fúcking hoop if it did!

Who’d know where Omar would be now if he’d have moved to a Brentford rather than the sh1t show that was Wigan at that point in time.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 22, 2021, 7:43am; Reply: 64
Quoted from RobDef1
Ritchie Wellens has said they have had interest in Omar Bogle and allowed him to think about it over the weekend, and that ultimately, hes not in their plans.

Source twitter (i know)

Question is, are we that club?

Twitter seems to throw up more accurate information than on here
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), August 22, 2021, 8:59am; Reply: 65
Always thought Wigan was a strange move. If memory serves me right he had a couple of great games for them, and Leeds fans were angry they hadn’t signed him. Then he gets a knock, and the manager is sacked shortly afterwards. As someone else has said, if he’d joined a decent outfit I think he’d still be playing at a high level. Joining a relegation threatened club in January rarely works out well either. As we know…
Posted by: jimgtfc, August 22, 2021, 9:15am; Reply: 66
Quoted from 140381
Always thought Wigan was a strange move. If memory serves me right he had a couple of great games for them, and Leeds fans were angry they hadn’t signed him. Then he gets a knock, and the manager is sacked shortly afterwards. As someone else has said, if he’d joined a decent outfit I think he’d still be playing at a high level. Joining a relegation threatened club in January rarely works out well either. As we know…

His agent has a lot to answer for. Hindsight apart, staying here until the summer, scoring 30+ goals and then having the pick of several Championship clubs for even more money was the wise move. Any agent worth his salt has the foresight to see this, he clearly wanted a quick few quid.

For what it’s worth, I’d be extremely surprised to see Omar back at Blundell Park anytime soon. He’ll end up at a Leyton Orient/Stevenage/Northampton/Walsall, in fact I can imagine most League 2 sides taking a punt on him.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 22, 2021, 9:17am; Reply: 67
That Wigan move was bizarre and with hindsight, wasn’t the right decision, even if we understand why he made it.

Whatever anyone’s thoughts, under Hurst, Bogle played his best football at a much higher level than previous to joining us. He was unplayable at times before he left…he was managed perfectly the season we went up and was looking the player he could go on to be but it never happened.

Perhaps some of that is personality, perhaps managerial styles, perhaps the club, who knows?

I’ve no doubt that if he were to come back here he’d do well, Hurst knows his strengths and he’s be half way there with the crowd, that always helps.

I do think the flipping idiot straw chewer probably did go in for him last year for no reason other than to win the fans over in what was a woeful summer but I suspect even Bogle wasn’t that desperate to play for the clown.

Time will tell I guess, I’d imagine there’s a few clubs showing an interest….
Posted by: jimgtfc, August 22, 2021, 9:35am; Reply: 68
There’s a bid from Swindon apparently and even Portsmouth are showing tentative interest. Next target Paul.
Posted by: Garth, August 22, 2021, 9:56am; Reply: 69
No chance, for Christ sake look for new faces and be patient
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 22, 2021, 10:20am; Reply: 70
Quoted from jimgtfc
There’s a bid from Swindon apparently and even Portsmouth are showing tentative interest. Next target Paul.

Portsmouth is one of his better spells since leaving us, although not under the Cowley brothers.
Posted by: RobDef1, August 22, 2021, 11:08am; Reply: 71
If he has fallen out with football as much as folk say then yet ANOTHER side step to a league 1-2 club surely makes no sense. Where as a drop down to national league, playing against easier defences, under the boss that effectively made your career, in front of fans that already have your song ready, makes a lot more sense to me. Cant help feeling that we would be the most attractive choice should we pay anything near competitive wages.

All guess work of course. Nobody knows what is going on in Bogez head, or what is or isn't on the table for him. But I'm certainly of the opinion that if he's ever going to come back, or ever going to fall in love with the game again,  then now is the perfect time for all involved. Come home Omar.
Posted by: RichMariner, August 22, 2021, 11:10am; Reply: 72
Seems odd to me how many clubs are reportedly interested in him given how little he’s actually achieved since leaving us.

He’s done the rounds in the leagues above and never found a place to settle. Some are suggesting his heart’s not in it.

It’s a bit of a punt for any club, but I dare say the risk is slightly less for us given this is the only place where he’s actually felt adored and been able to bang in the goals since his Solihull days.

I’d be delighted to see him back, but accept it’s probably unlikely.
Posted by: ska face, August 22, 2021, 9:19pm; Reply: 73
Looks like it’s Bradford. Andy Cook, Caolan Lavery, Lee Angol, Vernam, Abo Eisa and then Bogle on top of that? (blink(1))

Let’s hope they get him signed sooner rather than later so we can get this thread wrapped up, ready to revive in January.
Posted by: Kris2, August 22, 2021, 9:25pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from RichMariner
Seems odd to me how many clubs are reportedly interested in him given how little he’s actually achieved since leaving us.

He’s done the rounds in the leagues above and never found a place to settle. Some are suggesting his heart’s not in it.

It’s a bit of a punt for any club, but I dare say the risk is slightly less for us given this is the only place where he’s actually felt adored and been able to bang in the goals since his Solihull days.

I’d be delighted to see him back, but accept it’s probably unlikely.

Always clubs willing to take a punt on a player who previously had a good run of form. That's why so many injury prone players still have a club because they hope when they do play they can be a difference maker. Being unable to settle seems a big factor for him and just hasn't been able to get a consistent run of first team football as he failed to impress early on in most cases.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 22, 2021, 10:27pm; Reply: 75
The thing that makes me think he won’t be singing for us again any time soon is he’s still under 30. That and he hasn’t tried League 2 since he left us. He’s slowly working his way down.
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, August 22, 2021, 10:45pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from GollyGTFC

What short time remaining? There’s no transfer window in the National League. We can sign players any time.

My short time remaining
Posted by: wekeepdreaming, August 22, 2021, 11:01pm; Reply: 77
He’s got no heart to battle for GTFC
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 22, 2021, 11:46pm; Reply: 78
The thing that makes me think he won’t be singing for us again any time soon is he’s still under 30. That and he hasn’t tried League 2 since he left us. He’s slowly working his way down.

Signing even.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 22, 2021, 11:48pm; Reply: 79

My short time remaining

You been given the ‘have your made a will?’ speech or just told your days of trying to garner kudos from privileged information are over?
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, August 23, 2021, 7:38am; Reply: 80

He's 28.  Do we have to endure 2 more years of Omar speculation until he joins us on his 30th birthday?

Anyway, if he signs for us now, he might fire us to promotion, and then be in league 2 next season. 😀

Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, August 23, 2021, 9:20am; Reply: 81
Honestly think Bradford would be  a terrible choice for him with all those strikers as competition. He needs to go somewhere he'll get a real run of games as the no.1 striker.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 23, 2021, 9:48am; Reply: 82
He was top man here I think he liked that status unfortunately everywhere else he’s been he’s been nothing like top dog maybe that’s messed with his head a bit. I’d love him back definitely a player in there but dropping to NL I doubt it
Posted by: ivanosandwich, August 23, 2021, 9:59am; Reply: 83
I'm not sure it would work, he always seemed to be beating himself up on the pitch in his last stint with us and has many have said, he hasn't done much in the last few seasons. Hurst seems to build a great team spirit, will he disrupt that or join it?

However, if there's anyone that can get him playing again, get the best out of him and rekindle his love for the game, it's Hurst.

As I said, I'm not sure it would work, but I would be more than happy to give it a try. I doubt there is much better available right now.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, August 23, 2021, 10:25am; Reply: 84
We should try our hardest to get him back . Desperately need a true no 9 in this squad
Posted by: golfer, August 23, 2021, 1:12pm; Reply: 85
Offer him £4K a week
Posted by: exiledmeggie, August 23, 2021, 1:41pm; Reply: 86
Yesterdays Hero to return for a swansong?
Posted by: smokey111, August 23, 2021, 2:17pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from exiledmeggie
Yesterdays Hero to return for a swansong?

Good film, worthy of a deep dive.
Posted by: thefish, August 23, 2021, 3:08pm; Reply: 88
Staying at Doncaster according to their local paper…

[url] https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/latest-as-omar-bogle-rejects-opportunity-to-leave-doncaster-rovers-3356522[/url]
Posted by: Poojah, August 23, 2021, 3:18pm; Reply: 89
Quoted from thefish

They also seem to think he’s 29.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 23, 2021, 3:35pm; Reply: 90
Quoted from Poojah

They also seem to think he’s 29.

Not just our local press that reads The Fishy then it seems.
Posted by: acko338, August 23, 2021, 3:36pm; Reply: 91
Hurst very rarely goes for the obvious choice, so I think his scouting times will have a list of potential strikers who may only be available into non league after the EFL transfer time closes.

Discontented reserve squad strikers?

The other main route is looking at U23 strikers who need first team experience and a bit of toughening up.

I can see us not having a new No 9 for at least a couple of weeks to.allow a new set of negotiations to happen.

Agents are the curse of the transfer market and some players may need to ignore advice to get a team place at reasonable salary demands going forward.

We shall see !
Posted by: GollyGTFC, August 23, 2021, 4:11pm; Reply: 92
Quoted from thefish

He'll leave Doncaster. Doncaster don't want him. They have someone else lined up and need Bogle to leave. Bogle isn't obliged to leave and only has 9 days to sit out until the transfer window shuts. Every day that passes Doncaster will become more and more desperate to offload him & eventually they'll offer him the deal he wants to tear up the final year of his contract. Bogle will not be a Doncaster Rovers player on September 1st.
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 23, 2021, 5:58pm; Reply: 93

Telegraph & Argus.....

"Bantams boss dismisses link with Doncaster striker Bogle

Derek Adams this afternoon denied claims that the Bantams were leading the hunt for the well-travelled frontman as they eye a replacement for the injured Lee Angol.

Bogle has reportedly turned down two offers from League Two – but Adams stressed that City wasn’t one of them.

He said: “We’re not in for Omar Bogle."

Posted by: golfer, August 23, 2021, 7:38pm; Reply: 94
Bogles coming home - prepared to sign for 1 year as long as he can pick the team and go fishing on a Saturday
Posted by: Mendonca1995, August 23, 2021, 7:42pm; Reply: 95
He’s not coming here we need to let this go, I really would love for him to come back but it’s just not going to happen, gutted to say but it’s the truth
Posted by: ginnywings, August 23, 2021, 7:45pm; Reply: 96
Oi Hursty! Sign a fooking striker FFS!
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, August 23, 2021, 10:11pm; Reply: 97
Quoted from acko338
Hurst very rarely goes for the obvious choice, so I think his scouting times will have a list of potential strikers who may only be available into non league after the EFL transfer time closes.

Discontented reserve squad strikers
?

The other main route is looking at U23 strikers who need first team experience and a bit of toughening up.

I can see us not having a new No 9 for at least a couple of weeks to.allow a new set of negotiations to happen.

Agents are the curse of the transfer market and some players may need to ignore advice to get a team place at reasonable salary demands going forward.

We shall see !

That's my take on it. Southern based players won't want to come to Gy unless we pay over the odds. We've a better chance of landing a disillusioned 4th choice striker from Wednesday or Sheffield United than someone like the bloke Chesterfield have just signed.

Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 23, 2021, 10:14pm; Reply: 98
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

That's my take on it. Southern based players won't want to come to Gy unless we pay over the odds. We've a better chance of landing a disillusioned 4th choice striker from Wednesday or Sheffield United than someone like the bloke Chesterfield have just signed.

Why sign somebody now for £2k a week when we could potentially get a £4k player for that money in a week or so when 91 other clubs can't sign them anymore?
Posted by: Hagrid, August 23, 2021, 10:27pm; Reply: 99
Im effing bored of this Bogle nonsense

In regards to PH, he could easily have covid, he could be struggling with it he could be fine and just isolating. Im very doubtful we’ll have a new striker in for saturday
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, August 23, 2021, 11:18pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Why sign somebody now for £2k a week when we could potentially get a £4k player for that money in a week or so when 91 other clubs can't sign them anymore?

I think we are saying the same thing aren't we...we struggle to compete during the transfer window, our recent track record of signing forwards is shite - has-been (Green) sicknotes (Hanson) and complete feck-wits (Payne). We look to have got a decent 10, lets keep our budget powder dry and see who's currently burning wages in the reserves who could take the 9 shirt when the EFL transfer window is closed

Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 23, 2021, 11:41pm; Reply: 101
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

I think we are saying the same thing aren't we...we struggle to compete during the transfer window, our recent track record of signing forwards is shite - has-been (Green) sicknotes (Hanson) and complete feck-wits (Payne). We look to have got a decent 10, lets keep our budget powder dry and see who's currently burning wages in the reserves who could take the 9 shirt when the EFL transfer window is closed

You can have the best individuals but they need to be the right character too. It's a weird market this year given players from lower down have barely played for 18 months so I think good players at this level are worth more than they would normally be.

A few teams have gone for one last throw of the dice before the salary cap comes in next year too and they won't all be successful as only 2 teams get promoted.

You also have to consider that if you go after good players, you are going to get disappointed. On one hand you can spend all of your budget and have your full squad assembled for the start of pre-season. On the other hand though, you can have most of your squad assembled early doors with some money set aside if someone takes your fancy.

The whole striker debate is amplified because our 2 strikers have managed 15 minutes between them in our 6 (I think) friendlies.
Posted by: golfer, August 24, 2021, 6:56am; Reply: 102
Quoted from jamesgtfc

91  ?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 24, 2021, 8:27am; Reply: 103
Quoted from golfer

91  ?

92 teams bound by the transfer window and if a player is at one of them, the door closes for 91 of those potential destinations next week.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 24, 2021, 8:29am; Reply: 104
Quoted from Hagrid
Im effing bored of this Bogle nonsense

In regards to PH, he could easily have covid, he could be struggling with it he could be fine and just isolating. Im very doubtful we’ll have a new striker in for saturday

Why?
Its a fans forum, and fans are offering their opinion on if they would like him back or not...

P.s
I would love him back
Posted by: Hagrid, August 24, 2021, 9:09am; Reply: 105
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Why?
Its a fans forum, and fans are offering their opinion on if they would like him back or not...

P.s
I would love him back

because its every effing window, he isnt coming back, this obsession with ex players is mind boggling
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 24, 2021, 9:11am; Reply: 106
Quoted from Hagrid

because its every effing window, he isnt coming back, this obsession with ex players is mind boggling

But we don't have windows anymore, so it's just going to be one long one this time..... just how people like it
Posted by: ska face, August 24, 2021, 9:15am; Reply: 107
Quoted from Hagrid

Not much else going on though is there? Let people have some fun, bit of idle speculation never hurt anyone. Especially given the circumstances at the minute with him being forced out at Donny and us is desperate need of a striker.
Posted by: Hagrid, August 24, 2021, 9:24am; Reply: 108
Quoted from ska face

Not much else going on though is there? Let people have some fun, bit of idle speculation never hurt anyone. Especially given the circumstances at the minute with him being forced out at Donny and us is desperate need of a striker.

bloody Humbug ;D

i dont mind speculation, but theres never any proof or anything concrete that we're in for him- in fairness with PH we never do know. i just personally dont feel Bogle is the player we need right now
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, August 24, 2021, 9:45am; Reply: 109
https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/stoke-city-v-doncaster-rovers-omar-bogle-rejects-offers-to-leave-keepmoat-stadium-3357144

Looks like he's not heading out. Regardless I very much doubt we have any interest in him.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 24, 2021, 10:02am; Reply: 110
Says he’s not heading out to either of the L2 clubs apparently interested in him, he’s not in the manager’s plans, and that Donny need him out to free up wages. Over the next 7 days something will give. Though it’s a long shot that he’ll turn up here.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, August 24, 2021, 10:09am; Reply: 111
Says he’s not heading out to either of the L2 clubs apparently interested in him, he’s not in the manager’s plans, and that Donny need him out to free up wages. Over the next 7 days something will give. Though it’s a long shot that he’ll turn up here.

My gut instinct is he'll retire from full-time football, concentrate on his music(which he loves probably more than football) then play part time in the NL/NLN/NLS..
Said this before but it's a shame, there was definitely a top level striker in there but it got lost along a very fractured path. Too many clubs have now taken a punt on Omar and it's not worked out.
Now either his attitude stinks or he's just not as good as his agent is making out and clubs have fell for the boll@x of his agents spiel.
Ultimately, I can't see him coming here, Solihull, Hereford potentially are my best bets.
Posted by: ska face, August 24, 2021, 10:10am; Reply: 112
Quoted from Hagrid

bloody Humbug ;D

i dont mind speculation, but theres never any proof or anything concrete that we're in for him- in fairness with PH we never do know. i just personally dont feel Bogle is the player we need right now

Yeah I think that’s the problem, you never get anything out of Hurst. When do we ever hear of a potential signing other than a few hours before it’s done? On top of that there’s just nothing coming out of the club really given that everyone’s isolating, so people are bound to fill the gap with something.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 24, 2021, 10:11am; Reply: 113
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

My gut instinct is he'll retire from full-time football, concentrate on his music(which he loves probably more than football) then play part time in the NL/NLN/NLS..
Said this before but it's a shame, there was definitely a top level striker in there but it got lost along a very fractured path. Too many clubs have now taken a punt on Omar and it's not worked out.
Now either his attitude stinks or he's just not as good as his agent is making out and clubs have fell for the boll@x of his agents spiel.
Ultimately, I can't see him coming here, Solihull, Hereford potentially are my best bets.

Hereford train in Birmingham so if your theory plays out, that's not an unlikely destination.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, August 24, 2021, 10:11am; Reply: 114
How about poaching Ricky Miller from Dover. Proven at this level, but he just playing for a crapola team.

Plus we would get him for a sight less than 'has-been' Bogle.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 24, 2021, 10:12am; Reply: 115
How about poaching Ricky Miller from Dover. Proven at this level, but he just playing for a crapola team.

Plus we would get him for a sight less than 'has-been' Bogle.

I've also got the vibe of Miller that he can be a bit of a 'clown' let say, and not the type Hurst looks for
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 24, 2021, 10:24am; Reply: 116
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

I've also got the vibe of Miller that he can be a bit of a 'clown' let say, and not the type Hurst looks for

He seems to go to pieces mentally when he has to train full time.
Posted by: fishboyUTM, August 24, 2021, 11:11am; Reply: 117
Quoted from jamesgtfc

You do make a very good point. And we are playing Weymouth on Saturday. Our reserves should be enough to despatch them.
Posted by: Poojah, August 24, 2021, 11:14am; Reply: 118
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner

Reading between the lines, Bogle has a year to run on his contract which I suspect is a damn sight better than what clubs below League One will be capable of or willing to offer. I'm sure he knows he's finished at Donny, he will simply want to offset any loss on his new contract in the form of a pay-off from them - why should he stand to lose money?

I don't see why we wouldn't at least be asking the question to be honest, or why we wouldn't be interested in him. I don't know what the relationship behind Hurst and Omar is like; I do recall it being a bit fractious at times, however I'm sure both will recognise that they were good for each other's respective careers and it was under Hurst that he was playing the best football of his life five years ago.

We're surely on the cusp of a Dembele shaped windfall, on the back of fees already received this summer for Pollock and Grist. We're about to sell 3,000 season tickets for only the second time in our history, and as it stands we are the only one of the bigger, traditional clubs in this league not to have made a statement signing up front (or at all, really, as solid as our recruitment looks on paper). We have a gaping hole in our squad in terms of that elusive number 9, and regardless of recent form I honestly think Bogle would tear this division to pieces in that role and his signing would absolutely transform the complexion of our summer recruitment.

I'm not suggesting getting him here would be easy, there may well be offers from League Two clubs which are financially or more professionally attractive. Equally, I'm not suggesting it's a healthy thing to do to rip up your wage structure to entice one player to the club (as Wrexham have so obviously done with Mullin) but if any agreement between Bogle and Doncaster can soften that then we should be prepared to push the boat out a little.

I'm not sure where Omar is living currently - he may be commuting from further down south, but if he's living in the Doncaster area then you'd hope, for once, we might actually be geographically attractive too.

All in all, given the above, I'd just be disappointed if the club hadn't at least explored the idea. Is it any more fanciful than Madden to Stockport, Mullin to Wrexham or Tshimanga to Chesterfield?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 24, 2021, 11:39am; Reply: 119
Quoted from Poojah

Reading between the lines, Bogle has a year to run on his contract which I suspect is a damn sight better than what clubs below League One will be capable of or willing to offer. I'm sure he knows he's finished at Donny, he will simply want to offset any loss on his new contract in the form of a pay-off from them - why should he stand to lose money?

I don't see why we wouldn't at least be asking the question to be honest, or why we wouldn't be interested in him. I don't know what the relationship behind Hurst and Omar is like; I do recall it being a bit fractious at times, however I'm sure both will recognise that they were good for each other's respective careers and it was under Hurst that he was playing the best football of his life five years ago.

We're surely on the cusp of a Dembele shaped windfall, on the back of fees already received this summer for Pollock and Grist. We're about to sell 3,000 season tickets for only the second time in our history, and as it stands we are the only one of the bigger, traditional clubs in this league not to have made a statement signing up front (or at all, really, as solid as our recruitment looks on paper). We have a gaping hole in our squad in terms of that elusive number 9, and regardless of recent form I honestly think Bogle would tear this division to pieces in that role and his signing would absolutely transform the complexion of our summer recruitment.

I'm not suggesting getting him here would be easy, there may well be offers from League Two clubs which are financially or more professionally attractive. Equally, I'm not suggesting it's a healthy thing to do to rip up your wage structure to entice one player to the club (as Wrexham have so obviously done with Mullin) but if any agreement between Bogle and Doncaster can soften that then we should be prepared to push the boat out a little.

I'm not sure where Omar is living currently - he may be commuting from further down south, but if he's living in the Doncaster area then you'd hope, for once, we might actually be geographically attractive too.

All in all, given the above, I'd just be disappointed if the club hadn't at least explored the idea. Is it any more fanciful than Madden to Stockport, Mullin to Wrexham or Tshimanga to Chesterfield?

No harm in a cheeky loan offer with us taking on a portion of his wages.

Bogle has to agree to any negotiated pay off of his contract so us paying a portion of those wages might actually be a better deal for Doncaster anyway.
Posted by: Abdul19, August 24, 2021, 11:46am; Reply: 120
Quoted from jamesgtfc

He seems to go to pieces mentally when he has to train full time.

He'd have been ace for us in some previous seasons then.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, August 24, 2021, 11:49am; Reply: 121
Lots of rumours went around re attitude/drinking etc when he was at P Fale. Don't think he would be a Hurst type at all
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 24, 2021, 11:52am; Reply: 122
Quoted from fishboyUTM

You do make a very good point. And we are playing Weymouth on Saturday. Our reserves should be enough to despatch them.

Are you being sarcastic? If not have you learned nothing following Town?!
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, August 24, 2021, 12:18pm; Reply: 123
Miller apparently has three drink drive offences and more clubs than Jack Nicklaus
Forget him.
Posted by: Abdul19, August 24, 2021, 1:15pm; Reply: 124
Retro reference, fair play
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, August 24, 2021, 1:28pm; Reply: 125
Bogle did well playing for us.  He was well-liked.  These factors might count in our favour as he considers his options.
Posted by: RichMariner, August 24, 2021, 2:19pm; Reply: 126
When have we ever signed a 'proven' striker who then goes on to score at the same rate for us (in recent times)?

It's barely ever happened.

The likes of Connell and Amond were great for us, but had no real history of being prolific. Even someone like Reddy didn't have a 'proven' track record although his potential was obvious (and he did well for us when he wasn't on the treatment table).

Gary Jones... never prolific as a striker, played a lot in centre midfield before he joined us, which skewed his stats. Danny North did okay for a short while, as a product of our youth team, but hardly prolific.

I guess that leaves us with the likes of Bogle and Hearn — both had scored a shed load for their teams in the league below; Hearn arrived and basically continued that form. Bogle was slower to adapt but really did hit some form in the end.

If we're to sign a number 9 then clearly it's going to be a player who doesn't have a 'proven' record behind him because all those strikers have already been snapped up. And I doubt Hurst will take a punt on a younger, lower-division striker for this particular occasion (again, they've either been signed or will be inexperienced).

It's a real shame LJL and Taylor are crocked. Taylor has a half-decent record and LJL in his prime was good at this level.

Perhaps a loan move is the way forward. Get someone who feels frozen out but wants to play until our two are back fit. Maybe Bogle can turn out a few times for us, like Oster did in 2002/3, and put himself back in the shop window for January.
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 24, 2021, 2:22pm; Reply: 127
Quoted from RichMariner
When have we ever signed a 'proven' striker who then goes on to score at the same rate for us (in recent times)?

It's barely ever happened.

The likes of Connell and Amond were great for us, but had no real history of being prolific. Even someone like Reddy didn't have a 'proven' track record although his potential was obvious (and he did well for us when he wasn't on the treatment table).

Gary Jones... never prolific as a striker, played a lot in centre midfield before he joined us, which skewed his stats. Danny North did okay for a short while, as a product of our youth team, but hardly prolific.

I guess that leaves us with the likes of Bogle and Hearn — both had scored a shed load for their teams in the league below; Hearn arrived and basically continued that form. Bogle was slower to adapt but really did hit some form in the end.

If we're to sign a number 9 then clearly it's going to be a player who doesn't have a 'proven' record behind him because all those strikers have already been snapped up. And I doubt Hurst will take a punt on a younger, lower-division striker for this particular occasion (again, they've either been signed or will be inexperienced).

It's a real shame LJL and Taylor are crocked. Taylor has a half-decent record and LJL in his prime was good at this level.

Perhaps a loan move is the way forward. Get someone who feels frozen out but wants to play until our two are back fit. Maybe Bogle can turn out a few times for us, like Oster did in 2002/3, and put himself back in the shop window for January.

I think I'm right in saying that it took Liam Hearn until his 10th game for us before he scored his first goal.
Posted by: Davec, August 24, 2021, 2:29pm; Reply: 128
Quoted from Les Brechin

I think I'm right in saying that it took Liam Hearn until his 10th game for us before he scored his first goal.

You are correct Les, I believe it was Kettering away, as I was at that game, we won 2-1 I think
Posted by: RichMariner, August 24, 2021, 2:32pm; Reply: 129
You're right. Hearn didn't score in his first 10 (or his last 6) meaning his 27 league goals came in a run of 26 games (including 3 hat-tricks - v Barrow, Stockport and Bath).

Not sure there's anyone in the modern era who, at least in an isolated run of 20+ games, had a scoring rate of more than 1 goal per game for Town.
Posted by: Hagrid, August 24, 2021, 2:34pm; Reply: 130
Quoted from RichMariner
You're right. Hearn didn't score in his first 10 (or his last 6) meaning his 27 league goals came in a run of 26 games (including 3 hat-tricks - v Barrow, Stockport and Bath).

he was completely unplayable at times wasnt he

we were away at Alfreton January time, and he was absolutely incredible, think he scored a hat trick then as well
Posted by: Abdul19, August 24, 2021, 2:34pm; Reply: 131
Quoted from Davec

You are correct Les, I believe it was Kettering away, as I was at that game, we won 2-1 I think

Wrexham at home, lost 3-1.

Apart from that, spot on  ;)
Posted by: Davec, August 24, 2021, 2:38pm; Reply: 132
Quoted from Hagrid

he was completely unplayable at times wasnt he

we were away at Alfreton January time, and he was absolutely incredible, think he scored a hat trick then as well

Won 5-2, I'm sure Hearn scored a hat trick that game also

Posted by: Les Brechin, August 24, 2021, 2:39pm; Reply: 133
I know one lad who used to bet every game that Hearn would score a hat-trick. First off he got odds of 33/1 but that game down to as little as 12/1 (I think) as the season went on.

He still finished the season on a profit though.
Posted by: Hagrid, August 24, 2021, 2:45pm; Reply: 134
Quoted from Davec

Won 5-2, I'm sure Hearn scored a hat trick that game also

thats the one Aaron, around the time he was linked- in the papers- to Chelsea
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, August 24, 2021, 3:36pm; Reply: 135
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Miller apparently has three drink drive offences and more clubs than Jack Nicklaus
Forget him.

You mean like Bogle then?
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, August 24, 2021, 7:25pm; Reply: 136
Home to Wrexham first then 4 home v Alfreton then hattrick next game v Barrow iirc.
  Think he scored 8 in 3 games
Posted by: barrattstandman, August 24, 2021, 8:44pm; Reply: 137
Not even included in EFL Cup side at Stoke tonight . Really out of favour or fixed up somewhere
Posted by: Kris2, August 24, 2021, 9:11pm; Reply: 138
Quoted from barrattstandman
Not even included in EFL Cup side at Stoke tonight . Really out of favour or fixed up somewhere

They are trying to push him out the club because they want to sign somebody else, he's dug his heels in and is refusing to go. Turned down a move to two different top League Two sides, wouldn't let Hurst drag him out the building on loan until January...

Come on Omar mate, cheer up and come score some goals for us. I'm sure somebody else in League One will take you if you prove yourself as a goal scorer again. They just spent a whole weekend trying to convince you to leave, Donny don't want you and that won't change.
Posted by: RonMariner, August 24, 2021, 11:49pm; Reply: 139
His wages will be the stumbling block for any prospective buyer. His contract at Donny is most probably well above what anyone else is willing to pay given his recent record.  So a loan whereby Donny pay half his wages is probably the best they can hope for right now in terms of reducing their costs.  

No reason why we shouldn't have a go. If any manager can persuade him to get playing and prove himself again it's probably Hurst. And of course the reception from the Town fans he would get would be terrific.

I have to say I think it unlikely, but you never know.
Posted by: toontown, August 25, 2021, 8:11am; Reply: 140
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, the cost of his wages vs probability of discovering lost form means he is going to be an enormous risk if he is resigned permanently. What's he gonna be on at donny - 4k a week maybe? Even paying half his wages until Jan is a pretty big risk on our non league level income but you would hope he is more of a return than Matt Green for 2k/week and we've offloaded him. The thing is I bet donny wouldn't accept him back in January if it wasn't working as not in their interest, which was exactly the situation with Kyle Bennett last season with Bristol. Except we were meant to only be paying 10% of his wages was the rumour. Bennett should have been a class above our truly dire team yet could only sporadically force his way on to the pitch and when he did only showed occasional glimpses of quality whilst barely effecting matches. Town may think Bogle risks being a repeat except for much more money.
Posted by: lukeo, August 25, 2021, 8:17am; Reply: 141
Offer to pay 25% up until January. Nothing more nothing less. Not worth the risk
Posted by: toontown, August 25, 2021, 8:22am; Reply: 142
Just looked Bennett had 39 appearances in the championship to Bogles 50 and is only a year older. He's just had to drop to tier 6, below us, to get a club. I wonder if the management team suspect Bogle is on a similar career trajectory when his next deal ends?
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, August 25, 2021, 8:36am; Reply: 143
I thought Bennett was at Swansea?
Posted by: Mikey_345, August 25, 2021, 8:43am; Reply: 144
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
I thought Bennett was at Swansea?

Do we get a sell on  ;D
Posted by: Hagrid, August 25, 2021, 9:14am; Reply: 145
think he means Kyle Bennett
Posted by: toontown, August 25, 2021, 9:23am; Reply: 146
Quoted from Hagrid
think he means Kyle Bennett

Yeah I meant Kyle Bennett. Not surprised people have forgotten he existed already!
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, August 25, 2021, 9:55am; Reply: 147
Oh I forgot all about him!  ;D
Posted by: DB, August 25, 2021, 12:47pm; Reply: 148
Donny have only scored 1 goal in 5 games (4L+1cup). If the players they rate cannot score then you have to consider if Omar is up to the job if we signed him. Or is it a clash between him and the manager; whatever the reason if Omar doesn't want to move with none of the team firing on 4 cylinders, then logically, with no new suitors mentioned for him, why hasn't Omar been given another chance?

Somebody is better than nobodies.
Posted by: forza ivano, August 25, 2021, 12:53pm; Reply: 149

You're on wind down and have a short time remaining. Interesting that coincides with Ian and Dale leaving.......
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, August 25, 2021, 12:57pm; Reply: 150
Quoted from forza ivano

You're on wind down and have a short time remaining. Interesting that coincides with Ian and Dale leaving.......

Hmmmmmmm.....the plot thickens ....grey cells working overtime now .🤔🤔
Posted by: buckstown, August 25, 2021, 1:22pm; Reply: 151
Quoted from forza ivano

Don't big him up. He actually works for the Met Office, he's the one who for 6 weeks has been predicting the heat wave that never turned up.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, August 25, 2021, 1:36pm; Reply: 152
Quoted from forza ivano

Could also mean was about to go on holiday  so wouldn't get any info.
Posted by: pontoonlew, August 25, 2021, 7:52pm; Reply: 153
Stockwood confirms we’re not in for Bogle, another 16 pages of rubbish wasted
Posted by: ska face, August 25, 2021, 7:59pm; Reply: 154
This thread is taking up valuable internet space. Rob, please delete.
Posted by: Mikey_345, August 25, 2021, 8:05pm; Reply: 155
Actually thought the phrase he used was interesting. “Not been made available to us”.

Wonder if we were knocked back… anyhow another 16 pages on Bogle in the bank, see you back here in January?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 25, 2021, 11:36pm; Reply: 156
Quoted from forza ivano

Maybe it means the last of his sources are leaving. He did say he wasn’t an employee of the club. Who handles transfers (farsends of em it seems over the last 38 years). Legally speaking.

Yours Sincerely

Miss Pelt-Viagra
Posted by: AdamHaddock, August 26, 2021, 12:50am; Reply: 157
Who should the next thread be about? Palmer? Is Ross Hannah getting games at Matlock?
Posted by: Poojah, August 31, 2021, 3:16pm; Reply: 158
Quoted from Mikey_345
Actually thought the phrase he used was interesting. “Not been made available to us”.

Wonder if we were knocked back… anyhow another 16 pages on Bogle in the bank, see you back here in January?

Why wait until January, eh? Donny are on the verge of signing Will Grigg from Sunderland after the board made more budget available.

Meanwhile, Omar appears to be no closer to making an exit. If he’s still there come 11pm, with no other league club able to sign him, surely the question has to be asked, does it not?

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers-significant-dinner-time-update-on-transfer-deadline-day-3365498
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 31, 2021, 3:22pm; Reply: 159
Quoted from Poojah

Why wait until January, eh? Donny are on the verge of signing Will Grigg from Sunderland after the board made more budget available.

Meanwhile, Omar appears to be no closer to making an exit. If he’s still there come 11pm, with no other league club able to sign him, surely the question has to be asked, does it not?

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers-significant-dinner-time-update-on-transfer-deadline-day-3365498

Depends if he's happy to be sat on his bottom doing nothing every game and still picking up his wages!
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, August 31, 2021, 4:43pm; Reply: 160
Rumour in Sunday paper was he was joining Bradford City, would give them an all ex-Mariners front three!!!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 31, 2021, 5:04pm; Reply: 161
Quoted from Les Brechin

Depends if he's happy to be sat on his bottom doing nothing every game and still picking up his wages!

Please see under H for Holloway’s signings
Posted by: Mikey_345, August 31, 2021, 5:58pm; Reply: 162
Quoted from Poojah

Well that would certainly reduce his options. Makes a loan move possible if not likely. If he’s still there he could only go non league or abroad. However I wouldn’t be surprised to see his contract terminated by mutual consent before today is out.

Was told last week we did originally ask the question but was unsure of the reliability of that or what was the outcome. Hence why I was interested in my previous post about the use of language by JS “not made available”
Posted by: Stockport Mariner, August 31, 2021, 6:19pm; Reply: 163
I think the issue for me is that from Omar's point of view, if he ended up back here his career would be deemed to be a bit of a failure. Left for Wigan with high expectations, then returned to the club in a division lower than when he left, would pretty much sum up a somewhat disastrous 4 years for him. I don't know if emotionally he would want to come back here for that reason.  
Posted by: wiggers, August 31, 2021, 6:24pm; Reply: 164
He probably waiting for the current manager to get the sack. Looking at their results it won’t be long. A new manager may well look to give him a fresh chance.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, September 1, 2021, 11:17am; Reply: 165
Theo Robinson went to Bradford, not Bogle
Donny didn’t get Will Grigg who went to Rotherham at last minute.
Leaves Omar in no mans land.
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 1, 2021, 12:19pm; Reply: 166
https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?PHPSESSID=15faf0b4a8df6b51d13a084b86cdd943&topic=282123.0
Posted by: Harry Haddock, September 1, 2021, 12:20pm; Reply: 167
Theo Robinson went to Bradford, not Bogle
Donny didn’t get Will Grigg who went to Rotherham at last minute.
Leaves Omar in no mans land.

Could leave Omar on the loan list  ;)
Posted by: monkeyboy, September 1, 2021, 1:07pm; Reply: 168
It looks like they may even be forced to play him, very negative view of Omar there but if the whole teams crap then its very unfair to judge him if he isnt getting the service.
Ones thing for sure if they get him some service he will score goals and when his confidence gets up he will get interested again and they will see a whole different player.
Posted by: Rick12, September 1, 2021, 1:12pm; Reply: 169
Quoted from monkeyboy

Ones thing for sure if they get him some service he will score goals and when his confidence gets up he will get interested again and they will see a whole different player.
Omar Bogle  for me is a good steady eddy lower league player at best. When I saw him for the first time he didnt grab me like others did eg Scott Neilson and Siriki Dembele .
Posted by: Posh Harry, September 1, 2021, 1:15pm; Reply: 170
Quoted from Rick12
Omar Bogle  for me is a good steady eddy lower league player at best. When I saw him for the first time he didnt grab me like others did eg Scott Neilson and Siriki Dembele .

You can’t judge a forward against tricky wingers though. Bogle would be judged by goals and general forward play, not if he could take on a full back.
Posted by: monkeyboy, September 1, 2021, 1:16pm; Reply: 171
Quoted from Rick12

Bad comparison to be fair, Bogle is a goal scorer. the other two arent.
Like i said provide Bogle service in any division he will score goals.
Posted by: Rick12, September 1, 2021, 1:22pm; Reply: 172
Quoted from Posh Harry

You can’t judge a forward against tricky wingers though. Bogle would be judged by goals and general forward play, not if he could take on a full back.
For me though Harry Omar Bogle didnt have that extra bit of quality which is what you sometimes see in a player in a Grimsby shirt regardless of position though .Hence Iam not that surprised he hasn't made it higher up the leagues. I agree though players can blow hot or cold. Remember Kayden Jackson .On his debut for Grimsby I thought looked really good  and for me looked better than Bogle on initial impressions. He wasnt always consistent by all  accounts for Grimsby but for me had that edge which Bogle never had.
Posted by: Rick12, September 1, 2021, 1:27pm; Reply: 173
Quoted from monkeyboy

Bad comparison to be fair, Bogle is a goal scorer. the other two arent.
Like i said provide Bogle service in any division he will score goals.
Granted youve seen Bogle more than me Monkeyboy but I dont think Bogle  is a championship player though and as a striker admittedly on one or two viewings didnt excite me. Of the top of my head Ive seen others who  looked better than Bogle and impressed me on first impressions eg think of Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro and even Barry Conlon(if he sorted out his drinking habits could have done so much better for Grimsby).
Posted by: Posh Harry, September 1, 2021, 1:37pm; Reply: 174
Quoted from Rick12
For me though Harry Omar Bogle didnt have that extra bit of quality which is what you sometimes see in a player in a Grimsby regardless of position though .Hence Iam not that surprised he hasn't made it higher up the leagues. I agree though players can blow hot or cold. Remember Kayden Jackson .On his debut for Grimsby I thought looked really good  and for me looked better than Bogle on initial impressions. He wasnt always consistent by all  accounts for Grimsby but for me had that edge which Bogle never had.

That’s fair enough mate, you can only say what you can see.

For me, if motivated, Bogle was a class act who could scare a defence to death in League 2. Getting him motivated for enough of the time seems to have been the main problem since he has left, although I would be happy to have him back to see if hurst can give him the kick or the arm that he needs.
Posted by: mariner91, September 1, 2021, 2:12pm; Reply: 175
Quoted from Rick12
Granted youve seen Bogle more than me Monkeyboy but I dont think Bogle  is a championship player though and as a striker admittedly on one or two viewings didnt excite me. Of the top of my head Ive seen others who  looked better than Bogle and impressed me on first impressions eg think of Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro and even Barry Conlon(if he sorted out his drinking habits could have done so much better for Grimsby).

;D
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, September 1, 2021, 2:14pm; Reply: 176
It's not going to happen, but he would be the perfect player for the no.9 position IMO.

Last time he played at Non-league / league 2, he scored for fun and was averaging a goal in 2.
He needs consistence, and a manager who trusts him...
Posted by: Mikey_345, September 1, 2021, 2:22pm; Reply: 177
His options definitely alot more limited now. Assuming Richie Wellens is good to his word and he isn't going to be playing he has two choices, sit there and not play or get out on loan/transfer outside the EFL. Whilst i still think it's unlikely it is definitely more likely than it was, I wouldn't be surprised if we were asking the question,
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 1, 2021, 2:52pm; Reply: 178
Quoted from Mikey_345
His options definitely alot more limited now. Assuming Richie Wellens is good to his word and he isn't going to be playing he has two choices, sit there and not play or get out on loan/transfer outside the EFL. Whilst i still think it's unlikely it is definitely more likely than it was, I wouldn't be surprised if we were asking the question,

If Doncaster don't start performing, Bogle won't have to worry about Wellens refusing to play him.
Posted by: Rick12, September 1, 2021, 2:56pm; Reply: 179
Quoted from mariner91

;D
Cut the laughing emoj mariner 🤫.  Perhaps had I seen more of him I may of changed my tune .It was one game though that I saw him in and thought he looked good. I stand by that .You can only be true to what you see. Physical player that put himself about well. Done well for Rochdale in his first season in league one with them as well. Football ultimately though is about consistency though I admit . That and anyone who plays football in league or non league should be treated with a bit of respect and not laughed at as they have achieved what many football fans(chances are you included)  will never do and play the game in some paid capacity.

Posted by: Poojah, September 1, 2021, 3:04pm; Reply: 180
Quoted from Rick12
Cut the laughing emoj mariner 🤫.  Perhaps had I seen more of him I may of changed my tune .It was one game though that I saw him in and thought he looked good. I stand by that .You can only be true to what you see. Physical player that put himself about well. Done well for Rochdale in his first season in league one with them as well. Football ultimately though is about consistency though I admit . That and anyone who plays football in league or non league should be treated with a bit of respect and not laughed at as they have achieved what many football fans(chances are you included)  will never do and play the game in some paid capacity.

In case anyone needs a little reminder.

https://youtu.be/-s45mwbwVkM

Come home son, you know it makes sense…
Posted by: Bigdog, September 1, 2021, 3:06pm; Reply: 181
I can't think of a better place for Omar to re-ignite his career. Even geography can't be used as an excuse to not even ask the question..

Knows and loves the club
Proven at the level
Different to what we've got
Knows the manager
Manager knows him
Out of favour at current club

Even if there's a budgetary concern re wages, he'll put more bums on seats than any other signing..

Maybe Hurst thinks he's too much of a risk emotionally. A fit, focussed and firing Bogle is just what we need right now, but does that version of Omar exist anymore?
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, September 1, 2021, 3:13pm; Reply: 182
Quoted from Rick12

Didn't grab you like others but scored 19 by January in League 2? That half season in L2 he was on Reddy's level the way he decided games for us, many a time we was the worse side and he produced to win us points. People really undermine how good he was that half a season, something has seriously gone wrong in his career because he should of been destined for the top.
Posted by: Rick12, September 1, 2021, 3:15pm; Reply: 183
Quoted from Poojah

In case anyone needs a little reminder.

https://youtu.be/-s45mwbwVkM

Come home son, you know it makes sense…
Thanks for the link Poojah. I've not seen that much of Omar though  as I can't get to watch Grimsby that often due to other commitments.  

Posted by: Rick12, September 1, 2021, 3:19pm; Reply: 184
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Didn't grab you like others but scored 19 by January in League 2? That half season in L2 he was on Reddy's level the way he decided games for us, many a time we was the worse side and he produced to win us points. People really undermine how good he was that half a season, something has seriously gone wrong in his career because he should of been destined for the top.
Possibly a confidence thing similar to Fernando Torres when he was on fire at Liverpool. When you have the love of the fans behind you that's what propels some players to play their best football. Some players mindsets are more robust and can cope better than others when the fans aren't always on their side though.  

Posted by: GollyGTFC, September 1, 2021, 3:21pm; Reply: 185
I wonder if Richie Wellens received the contractually stated severance package when he was binned off by both Oldham & Salford. Of course he did. Yet he’s tried to bully Omar Bogle into walking off without paying up his contract.

No wonder Bogle dug his heels in. If Bogle hasn’t told Wellens “I’ll still be here in January, do you think you will be?” then he should have.
Posted by: Poojah, September 1, 2021, 3:50pm; Reply: 186
Quoted from Rick12
Thanks for the link Poojah. I've not seen that much of Omar though  as I can't get to watch Grimsby that often due to other commitments.  

In fairness, a lot will depend on which Omar Bogle you saw. I would split his Town career into four distinct stages. At the beginning he looked quick, sharp and keen to make an impression - scoring a few goals in the process. Then, during the middle of that first season, things went south - he suddenly looked sulky, disinterested, petulant and goal shy. He scored something like one goal during a period where Podge scored 20 (and I'm not even making that up). Basically he was the player that the Donny fans seem to be describing now, and want out of their club.

Then, from somewhere, he found his form, being absolutely unplayable in the second half of that 4-3 comeback away at Aldershot. And we all know what happened in the play-offs.

Finally - we have the League Two era Bogle. Initially out of the team in favour of Scott Vernon, that version of Omar was absolutely unplayable - powerful, skilful, ruthless in front of goal. Like a League Two Lukaku.

Evidently, he's since lost his way big time but one thing that would give me confidence that the player we remember is still in there, is the fact that it was under Paul Hurst that he overcame that moody, lethargic demeanour that fans understandably detest and became a player Wigan were prepared to pay a million quid for. I really do think that a few months back here might be just what he needs to restore his confidence and love for the game.

A loan move into the NL didn't do Charles Vernam any harm...
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, September 1, 2021, 5:33pm; Reply: 187
There seem to be a couple of very good reasons why he won't be coming here:

1. Stockwood has implied we asked the question and Bogle himself said no
2. Bogle has not exactly hidden his feelings about his interests being outside of football
3. He has also demonstrated a belief in himself that is possibly misplaced and therefore a move to the NL would seem
    very unlikely as his ego may not allow it
4. His salary demands (see #3) would probably be beyond us, especially as Hurst values teamwork and being a unit -
    not helped by one player earning more than his colleagues and not being shy about talking about it

I would love to see him back here but I think it's very unlikely.
Posted by: golfer, September 1, 2021, 5:38pm; Reply: 188
Put a quid on ticket price to help pay for him
Posted by: denni266, September 1, 2021, 6:30pm; Reply: 189
If we had not gone down there would have been a better chance of him being tempted. And with him thinking of going in to song writing / performing  unless you know the right people and get addopted by someone realy well connected it will be a long hard slog to sell as there are thousands and thousands of writers out there trying to make a living. I know this from my own experiance  being a guitar player from 1968 and still playing , And i have played with some big names and bands over the years , you can make a living but not thousands every week like some footballers make
Posted by: Poojah, September 1, 2021, 7:38pm; Reply: 190
There seem to be a couple of very good reasons why he won't be coming here:

1. Stockwood has implied we asked the question and Bogle himself said no
2. Bogle has not exactly hidden his feelings about his interests being outside of football
3. He has also demonstrated a belief in himself that is possibly misplaced and therefore a move to the NL would seem
    very unlikely as his ego may not allow it
4. His salary demands (see #3) would probably be beyond us, especially as Hurst values teamwork and being a unit -
    not helped by one player earning more than his colleagues and not being shy about talking about it

I would love to see him back here but I think it's very unlikely.

Is that the case? I'll be honest, I didn't hear Stockwood's interview and have only read what others have repeated on here, but I got the impression that he'd rather skirted around the question as opposed to suggesting Omar didn't fancy it.
Posted by: Mariner93er, September 1, 2021, 7:47pm; Reply: 191
Think his words were Bogle and Akinde ‘hadn’t been made available to us’?
Posted by: toontown, September 1, 2021, 7:48pm; Reply: 192
Didn't he say "those players were not made available to us"

Is that right?
Posted by: toontown, September 1, 2021, 8:14pm; Reply: 193
Which I would think means either:
the club wasn't interested in selling to us - highly unlikely
We asked for a loan and the club wasn't interested in loaning to us - a bit more likely if they wanted to sell him
Or his agent was passing on the players decline to our interest - probably most likely
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 1, 2021, 8:27pm; Reply: 194
Quoted from toontown
We asked for a loan and the club wasn't interested in loaning to us - a bit more likely if they wanted to sell him
Or his agent was passing on the players decline to our interest - probably most likely

Middle one of the three I thought
Posted by: monkeyboy, September 2, 2021, 6:00am; Reply: 195
Quoted from toontown

To be fair i would imagine Hurst does have Mr. Bogles mobile phone number and rather than go through an agent he may well have just rang him and said " now then Omar me old mucka do you fancy coming out to play?"
My view is the club i.e. Donny rovers wanted rid of his wage before the window shut, now that it has shut you cant say we don't have a chance if we do stump up enough wages to take Donny's interest.  Pretty sure Omar doesn't want to be sat around.
Would he drop down? probably if its a loan till Christmas for some game time
If we get him on loan until January and he fires 15 - 20 goals then come the next window clubs would be lining up with offers.

Im pretty sure Omar knows the time he can earn in football is very limited so would be a fool to turn his back on it, may have earnt a wedge but at 28 another 4-5 years earnings could be lost. he should be at his peak playing years now. another good run with us could resurrect his career and get him that one last big deal and real financial security.

Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, September 2, 2021, 10:23am; Reply: 196
Quoted from Poojah

Is that the case? I'll be honest, I didn't hear Stockwood's interview and have only read what others have repeated on here, but I got the impression that he'd rather skirted around the question as opposed to suggesting Omar didn't fancy it.

I think you can see from the answers above that we've all taken different nuances from his comment but the common theme is that he's not coming.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, September 2, 2021, 10:25am; Reply: 197
Quoted from monkeyboy

To be fair i would imagine Hurst does have Mr. Bogles mobile phone number and rather than go through an agent he may well have just rang him and said " now then Omar me old mucka do you fancy coming out to play?"
My view is the club i.e. Donny rovers wanted rid of his wage before the window shut, now that it has shut you cant say we don't have a chance if we do stump up enough wages to take Donny's interest.  Pretty sure Omar doesn't want to be sat around.
Would he drop down? probably if its a loan till Christmas for some game time
If we get him on loan until January and he fires 15 - 20 goals then come the next window clubs would be lining up with offers.

Im pretty sure Omar knows the time he can earn in football is very limited so would be a fool to turn his back on it, may have earnt a wedge but at 28 another 4-5 years earnings could be lost. he should be at his peak playing years now. another good run with us could resurrect his career and get him that one last big deal and real financial security.

Does Hurst always adopt the persona of D*ck Van Dyck in Mary Poppins when he's approaching players? It's not surprising that we miss out on a few, they must think he's a right pillock.
Posted by: dicko995, September 2, 2021, 11:02am; Reply: 198
It only takes a phone call to prolong this topic, or end it.
Posted by: Poojah, September 2, 2021, 12:05pm; Reply: 199

Does Hurst always adopt the persona of D*ck Van Dyck in Mary Poppins when he's approaching players? It's not surprising that we miss out on a few, they must think he's a right pillock.

Scoff all you like Bobby but I've just been for brunch at Millfields and you won't believe who I bumped into...

[img]https://i.ibb.co/G5rD7pP/hurst-bogle.png[/img]
It's on folks!
Posted by: chaos33, September 2, 2021, 12:10pm; Reply: 200
Brilliant! 😊
Posted by: dicko995, September 2, 2021, 12:21pm; Reply: 201
HaHa, got my gold star Poojah  :)
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, September 2, 2021, 1:10pm; Reply: 202
Quality. Gold starred that!
Posted by: bobbyturtle, September 2, 2021, 1:21pm; Reply: 203
Does Hurst do a little dance too?
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 2, 2021, 1:32pm; Reply: 204
Quoted from bobbyturtle
Does Hurst do a little dance too?

No, but he cupped his ear to all those who said we wouldn't sign him.   :)
Posted by: RonMariner, September 2, 2021, 1:45pm; Reply: 205
Well I'm convinced.  

the camera never lies.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 2, 2021, 4:59pm; Reply: 206
Now that’s the picture for any news article if we do sign him.
Posted by: monkeyboy, September 2, 2021, 6:11pm; Reply: 207
Quoted from Poojah

Scoff all you like Bobby but I've just been for brunch at Millfields and you won't believe who I bumped into...

[img]https://i.ibb.co/G5rD7pP/hurst-bogle.png[/img]
It's on folks!

Post of the year for me
Posted by: Garth, September 2, 2021, 10:09pm; Reply: 208
Quality. Gold starred that!

I did too
Posted by: lukeo, September 4, 2021, 7:20am; Reply: 209
My first gold star in 18 years on the fishy goes to you Poojah.
Posted by: supertown, September 4, 2021, 7:24am; Reply: 210
Quoted from lukeo
My first gold star in 18 years on the fishy goes to you Poojah.

Hmmm, they have only been around for a year or two 🤨
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 7, 2021, 1:07pm; Reply: 211
According to those ITK Ghanaians...

[url]https://sportsworldghana.com/doncaster-rovers-to-offer-omar-bogle-to-a-non-league-club/[/url]
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 7, 2021, 1:21pm; Reply: 212
Set the expectation meter to “Bogle signs for Chesterfield”.

“Gangling forward” 😆
Posted by: Poojah, September 7, 2021, 1:22pm; Reply: 213
Quoted from jamesgtfc
According to those ITK Ghanaians...

[url]https://sportsworldghana.com/doncaster-rovers-to-offer-omar-bogle-to-a-non-league-club/[/url]

Donny signed ex-Rangers striker Joe Dodoo yesterday, so it looks increasingly clear that he’s finished there.

It’s basically a case of drop down to non-league or sit on his bottom until January at the earliest. I’m not convinced that doing the latter would be a great career move, but it’s his prerogative.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 7, 2021, 1:27pm; Reply: 214
Quoted from Poojah

Donny signed ex-Rangers striker Joe Dodoo yesterday, so it looks increasingly clear that he’s finished there.

It’s basically a case of drop down to non-league or sit on his bottom until January at the earliest. I’m not convinced that doing the latter would be a great career move, but it’s his prerogative.

I get your point but they haven't scored since the first game of the season on 7th August. Richie Wellens might have told him he won't be playing for him this season but if things continue, Wellens won't be selecting the team for much longer.
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, September 7, 2021, 1:29pm; Reply: 215
Quoted from Poojah

It would be a career killer for him in all honesty.

I am still unconvinced he will end up back here, knowing this whole fiasco it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up in Wrexham or Chesterfield before us.
Posted by: pizzzza, September 7, 2021, 1:32pm; Reply: 216

It would be a career killer for him in all honesty.

Career is dead as a Dodoo.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, September 7, 2021, 1:34pm; Reply: 217
Quoted from Poojah

If music is his passion, I imagine sitting on his bottom could be his preferred choice.

Clubs like to tell unwanted players that they are not in favour, make them train with the kids etc. in an effort to force them out but in this instance, it may suit him.
Posted by: Poojah, September 7, 2021, 1:41pm; Reply: 218
Quoted from ivanosandwich

If music is his passion, I imagine sitting on his bottom could be his preferred choice.

Clubs like to tell unwanted players that they are not in favour, make them train with the kids etc. in an effort to force them out but in this instance, it may suit him.

Perhaps, but I’m sure most people end up doing jobs that aren’t their number one passion in order to pay the bills and put food on the table. Omar may well have done financially since he left Town, but well enough to walk away from another five or six years earning north of £100k (and potentially a lot more if he can get his mojo back), I’m not so sure.

I know next to nothing about that genre of music to tell you whether he’s any good or not, however I suspect he remains some way from being able to make good money from it.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, September 7, 2021, 1:51pm; Reply: 219
Quoted from Poojah

Perhaps, but I’m sure most people end up doing jobs that aren’t their number one passion in order to pay the bills and put food on the table. Omar may well have done financially since he left Town, but well enough to walk away from another five or six years earning north of £100k (and potentially a lot more if he can get his mojo back), I’m not so sure.

I know next to nothing about that genre of music to tell you whether he’s any good or not, however I suspect he remains some way from being able to make good money from it.

Yeah agree with that. I would like to see him back, not 100% sure that it would work but nevertheless would like to see it happen.

Let's hope he considers those points that you have made and realises that football is what pays his wages.
Posted by: Ipswin, September 7, 2021, 2:18pm; Reply: 220
I don't think he wants to play football for anyone and he can certainly pick up more money doing nothing at Doncaster than having to knuckle down at BP. I suspect he isn't that bothered how simply seeing out his contract will look in the future. If he really was at all concerned about his football career he would have jumped at the chance to go on loan to Bratfud.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 7, 2021, 2:42pm; Reply: 221
It would appear to be down to Omar himself. I'm pretty sure that PH won't want him if his heart isn't in football so we'll have to trust his judgment, if indeed it's us in the frame.
Posted by: Maringer, September 7, 2021, 3:31pm; Reply: 222
Quoted from Poojah

Quite true. No coincidence that a lot of the most successful people working in the arts are well-heeled so were able to focus their careers without needing to worry about putting bread on the table. It's not as if footballers are exactly working all hours either, is it? Plenty of time to do other stuff. I remember reading that Ashley Ward used to buy houses and do them up himself to sell on back when he was still playing!
Posted by: DB, September 7, 2021, 3:32pm; Reply: 223
Bogle at Donny is the same as Morais at Town. Collect your money till the contract runs out, as nobody will pay you the same or more.

In one way you can't blame them, on the other hand it doesn't say much for their attitude as professional footballers.
Posted by: chipsandgravy, September 7, 2021, 3:34pm; Reply: 224
Quoted from Ipswin
I don't think he wants to play football for anyone and he can certainly pick up more money doing nothing at Doncaster than having to knuckle down at BP. I suspect he isn't that bothered how simply seeing out his contract will look in the future. If he really was at all concerned about his football career he would have jumped at the chance to go on loan to Bratfud.

I agree. I think his constant move around clubs demonstrates that he has lost interest with the game and his reputation is firmly behind him. Maybe its a music career that beckons and therefore why not just see his contract out to fund it. Not for me.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, September 7, 2021, 4:03pm; Reply: 225
Edmund Okai Gyimah has spoken!

The way i look at it...
We wanted Bogle on loan in August, and it was rejected, because they wanted to sell.
That's now not happened, and they are now returning to us, and asking us to loan, and pay x% of his wages?
Posted by: GtfcGarner, September 7, 2021, 4:05pm; Reply: 226
Put it as a personal point of view though.. If your company your currently at wants rid of you although you feel you're more than adequate enough to do a job what would you do? See out the rest of your contract and collect a good salary or try go elsewhere to prove them wrong and it might not work out for you and be out of pocket.
Posted by: Garth, September 7, 2021, 4:13pm; Reply: 227
Would be in two minds about this,
One it would be a fairy tale, where the wanderer returns and makes good
The other is that he has lost interest, would require high wages and would not be as potent as our strike force now
Is it worth the risk? Down to you PH
Posted by: 1542 (Guest), September 7, 2021, 4:23pm; Reply: 228
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Edmund Okai Gyimah has spoken!

The way i look at it...
We wanted Bogle on loan in August, and it was rejected, because they wanted to sell.
That's now not happened, and they are now returning to us, and asking us to loan, and pay x% of his wages?

Where has it been suggested that we wanted him on loan in August?
Posted by: RobDef1, September 7, 2021, 4:29pm; Reply: 229
Quoted from pizzzza

Career is dead as a Dodoo.

I don't like to make inappropriate jokes. But joking about human waste from time to time is something I do do.
Posted by: DB, September 7, 2021, 4:59pm; Reply: 230
Quoted from 1542

Probably on the first few pages of this thread. ;)

Posted by: toontown, September 7, 2021, 6:16pm; Reply: 231
Quoted from 1542

When asked about Bogle and Akinde stockwood said something like "those players have not been made available to us".

The implication being that either the owning club or agent on behalf of the player turned down an approach. Possibly we approached donny with a view to a loan, donny were only interested in a sale. Alternatively possibly his agent said he wasn't interested in coming to us when approached
Posted by: 137 (Guest), September 7, 2021, 6:32pm; Reply: 232
Humphrey Bogart in (I think) 'The Maltese Falcon': "The cheaper the hood, the gaudier the patter".

Me (today): "The longer the Fishy thread, the more certain it is the guy ain't coming".

* Hope I'm wrong *
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 7, 2021, 7:02pm; Reply: 233
Quoted from RobDef1

I don't like to make inappropriate jokes. But joking about human waste from time to time is something I do do.

Maybe he’s a police fan

Da do do do
Posted by: fishboyUTM, September 7, 2021, 7:20pm; Reply: 234
Quoted from DB
Bogle at Donny is the same as Morais at Town. Collect your money till the contract runs out, as nobody will pay you the same or more.

In one way you can't blame them, on the other hand it doesn't say much for their attitude as professional footballers.

Harsh on Morais IMO who from the outside looking in has done little wrong other than being 35 years old and signed on an 18 month contract by an idiot.
Posted by: fishboyUTM, September 7, 2021, 7:25pm; Reply: 235
Quoted from Garth
Would be in two minds about this,
One it would be a fairy tale, where the wanderer returns and makes good
The other is that he has lost interest, would require high wages and would not be as potent as our strike force now
Is it worth the risk? Down to you PH

If he'll come, and it can be done affordably, or even slightly unaffordably but backed then a short term loan deal would seem ideal for all parties. PH would or possibly has met him already if there's a sniff of a deal and I trust him to evaluate a players desire. If we get a 28 year old Omar Bogle who wants to succeed and has that desire then it's an easy choice. Til Christmas ideally with an extension clause our side. They want him gone, that much is clear and they can only minimise their losses as the EFL window doesn't open until January.
Posted by: Poojah, September 7, 2021, 7:28pm; Reply: 236
Missing from the Donny squad again tonight, who are 3-0 down at home to Rotherham after 16 minutes.
Posted by: dicko995, September 7, 2021, 7:47pm; Reply: 237
On Donnys forum, there is a whole topic about Omar refusing 2 clubs and is just sitting it out getting a wage each week. The fans even said they hope Grimsby come in for him, and just pay a part of his wage, but it also states Omar is just interested in his music, and not football
Posted by: MarinerDevil, September 7, 2021, 7:49pm; Reply: 238
I think Richie Wellens will be under increasing pressure so it will be in Omar's interest to sit tight.  It would only make sense to come here if he genuinely wants to reignite his career, which rumours suggest might not be the case.  

However, if he is available and we don't have to take on too much of his wage, it would surely be a no-brainer.  A motivated and firing Bogle would bring us in touch with the other contenders in my view.  At least it would prevent him going to a rival.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, September 7, 2021, 8:21pm; Reply: 239
Omar was a football success when he was here.  Maybe he needs to at least think about that. Also, given this heatwave, the seaside offers a cooling breeze. 😓😏😇
Posted by: acko338, September 7, 2021, 8:50pm; Reply: 240
Just had 10 minutes on the "slash your wrists" Donny Forum.

My god, this forum is feeble compared to their Darren Moore hatred !

I think that they would pay us to take Bogle and they are now 6 down at home to Rotherham as I write, with a vitrious match thread being written.

Cheer yourselves up - pop across to a suicide site !!

Against their thoughts, we have so much positivity, more hope for the season, and even able to accept stick for 3 goals conceded in a home WIN !
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 7, 2021, 8:53pm; Reply: 241
Quoted from acko338
Just had 10 minutes on the "slash your wrists" Donny Forum.

My god, this forum is feeble compared to their Darrem Moore hatred !

I think that they would pay us to take Bogle and they are 5 down at home to Rotherham as I write, with a vitrious match thread being written.

Cheer yourselves up - pop across to a suicide site !!

Against their thoughts, we have so much positivity, more hope for the season, and even able to accept stick for 3 gials conceded in a home WIN !

They'll be apoplectic now it's 6!!🤣
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, September 7, 2021, 11:17pm; Reply: 242
Real fans don’t care about the u21 prem pizza cup
Posted by: DB, September 8, 2021, 6:27am; Reply: 243
Donny lose 6 - 0 to Rotherham. Wellens could be out by time tomorrow and Bogle back in favour! ;)
Posted by: male private Nale, September 8, 2021, 8:19am; Reply: 244
Some very good and experienced premier league managers have failed to get a tune out of Bogle, he has done nothing in his career since leaving us. This to me seems to be more to do with his attitude than every other manager being wrong.

What makes people think at 29 he will have the driving ambition to ply his trade at non league level ??

I am more interested in acquiring the next Bogle as opposed to the washed up one.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 8, 2021, 8:42am; Reply: 245
Quoted from male private Nale
Some very good and experienced premier league managers have failed to get a tune out of Bogle, he has done nothing in his career since leaving us. This to me seems to be more to do with his attitude than every other manager being wrong.

What makes people think at 29 he will have the driving ambition to ply his trade at non league level ??

I am more interested in acquiring the next Bogle as opposed to the washed up one.

Absolutely agree with this... he's had 5 years to kick on and make a successful career out of football l, which in part he's done. Financially done v.well but I'd put that down to a bloody clever agent who could probably sell sand to the Arabs!!..
Posted by: Garth, September 8, 2021, 8:47am; Reply: 246
Can I say now, I don't want to see Bogle back here, were ticking along nicely as a club sprit wise, why would you want to ruin that by introducing a high paid sulky premadonna when you have better on the books now, yes we need another striker but one that will improve us, not ruin everything
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 8, 2021, 8:55am; Reply: 247
He seemed to do alright at Portsmouth but other than that, it hasn't worked. I understand not performing at a couple of clubs but Doncaster is his 8th club since January 2017.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 8, 2021, 9:00am; Reply: 248
Maybe he’s just struggled with the level and there’s no shame in that. He was very talented at this level and in league 2.

Maybe he just needs to be loved.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 8, 2021, 9:15am; Reply: 249
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Maybe he’s just struggled with the level and there’s no shame in that. He was very talented at this level and in league 2.

Maybe he just needs to be loved.

29 years old, he should be a mature senior player not needing love

he was superb for us for 6 months, but i also dont want to see him back here
Posted by: ska face, September 8, 2021, 9:19am; Reply: 250
33-year-old Ryan Taylor’s managed 17 goals since 2015 at Leagues 1 and 2, and he’s looked to be a good addition to the squad.

Bogle’s got a fairly similar record at Champ & League 1 level and is in his prime.

Just for balance…
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, September 8, 2021, 9:28am; Reply: 251
Been impressed with what I’ve seen of Ryan Taylor. Skilful and keen to get on the end of stuff. Hoping he stays fit.
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 8, 2021, 9:44am; Reply: 252
A half arsed Bogle would rip this league to bits, he still won’t come but those saying they wouldn’t have him need their heads testing.

Fans moan at people on here saying ‘No proven goalscorer would come here’ and in the same breath say ‘no, not that one’ when a guy with a 1 in 2 record at this level and League 2 is mentioned.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, September 8, 2021, 9:57am; Reply: 253
Would be worth the risk getting him on loan if he doesn't do it we can send him back at Christmas.
I do get a feeling in my fingers, and my toes, he will be playing at BP soon. :)
Posted by: ska face, September 8, 2021, 9:59am; Reply: 254
There are genuinely people out there who think we should’ve kept Jackson, and wouldn’t take Bogle.

Animals.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 8, 2021, 10:02am; Reply: 255
Quoted from pontoonlew
A half arsed Bogle would rip this league to bits, he still won’t come but those saying they wouldn’t have him need their heads testing.

Fans moan at people on here saying ‘No proven goalscorer would come here’ and in the same breath say ‘no, not that one’ when a guy with a 1 in 2 record at this level and League 2 is mentioned.

But would he rip this league up?...you're talking about a player who was motivated and starting to build a career in professional football in 2016.
He's now a player who's struggled to hold down a starting place at several clubs since leaving here and listening to fans of said clubs he's lost that drive.
He'd need an arm round his shoulder, need his confidence building back up and more importantly want to succeed, and in all honesty, I don't think he does not "want it" anymore.
If he has that drive he'd have left in the summer and gone anywhere just to find his shooting boots but instead is quite happily prepared to sit it out at Donny collecting his pay packet.
My god, if we had a player doing that he'd be hung, drawn and quartered by the fan base, yet here we are yelling from the roof tops to get Hurst to sign such a player....not for me now...his times been and gone for GTFC, time to move and live in the good memories he gave us.
Posted by: pizzzza, September 8, 2021, 10:06am; Reply: 256
Quoted from ska face
There are genuinely people out there who think we should’ve kept Jackson, and wouldn’t take Bogle.

Animals.

The mind Bogles.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 8, 2021, 10:13am; Reply: 257
Been impressed with what I’ve seen of Ryan Taylor. Skilful and keen to get on the end of stuff. Hoping he stays fit.

agreed, he and Lenny started the season well
Posted by: Poojah, September 8, 2021, 10:21am; Reply: 258
Quoted from pontoonlew

I think there are some reasonable arguments that have been made against Bogle, but I'm not sure they stack up under scrutiny. Certainly, if given the choice between a 28 year old Bogle (he's not 29 by the way) and the up and coming Bogle / Hearn of the next generation, then I'd probably be inclined to choose the latter, potentially hungrier option. If we were ever to have Bogle back on a permanent basis at some point in the future, then the chance of any future resale value would be slim at best.

But that assumes there's some kind of binary option at play. In my opinion, if 'the next Bogle' was out there, had been identified and was available within our means then we've had already done it by now. Hurst has a good track record of brining players up from the regional leagues, the trouble being at this moment in time they've hardly played in the last couple of years due to Covid. Both Bogle and Hearn arrived having been consistently prolific in the Conference North over the course of the previous year or two - there just isn't the data from that level to go and easily find a player of a similar ilk.

I'd distance this from the usual Podge-fest that comes up every transfer window (and to a lesser degree, the usual Bogle-fest). This is different. Here are the facts:

The whole thing just makes a lot of sense on a number of levels. I actually think the whole thing would be given a lot more credence if perhaps Bogle had achieved what he did for us at another club - those endless "let's get player X back at BP" posts can get a bit boring over time, but this one does seem genuinely different in terms of the way the stars at least appear to have aligned.

That said, there could of course be reasons why this might be a complete non-starter. Perhaps Omar's given up on football. Perhaps he can't handle a return to non-league, or can't face the idea of a full-circle return to Blundell Park as it would just rubber stamp the fact that he's failed in his time since leaving. All of those things would be understandable, but I can understand why it's a topic of conversation.

Irrespective of current form (albeit at a much higher level than this) I'd welcome the lad back with open arms. If, and I'm making assumptions here, he's lost his mojo and needs a spark to reignite the fire, where better to do it at this moment in time than Blundell Park, and who better to do it with than the man under whom he played the best football of his life in Paul Hurst?
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, September 8, 2021, 10:23am; Reply: 259
Quoted from pizzzza

The mind Bogles.

Here's your coat......I've called a taxi.....
Posted by: BeijingMariner, September 8, 2021, 10:32am; Reply: 260
Quoted from Poojah

I think there are some reasonable arguments that have been made against Bogle, but I'm not sure they stack up under scrutiny. Certainly, if given the choice between a 28 year old Bogle (he's not 29 by the way) and the up and coming Bogle / Hearn of the next generation, then I'd probably be inclined to choose the latter, potentially hungrier option. If we were ever to have Bogle back on a permanent basis at some point in the future, then the chance of any future resale value would be slim at best.

But that assumes there's some kind of binary option at play. In my opinion, if 'the next Bogle' was out there, had been identified and was available within our means then we've had already done it by now. Hurst has a good track record of brining players up from the regional leagues, the trouble being at this moment in time they've hardly played in the last couple of years due to Covid. Both Bogle and Hearn arrived having been consistently prolific in the Conference North over the course of the previous year or two - there just isn't the data from that level to go and easily find a player of a similar ilk.

I'd distance this from the usual Podge-fest that comes up every transfer window (and to a lesser degree, the usual Bogle-fest). This is different. Here are the facts:
  • Our squad is calling out for a number 9; someone physical and direct who can score goals at this level
  • In terms of playing style and record at this level, the level below and the level above, Bogle 100% ticks that box
  • Hurst has said publicly, that having seemingly exhausted our options during the window, that we would be looking at players made available for loan after it has ended
  • Bogle is available and is currently playing for a club 50 miles down the M180
  • Realistically, he can only sign for a club in this division due to the closing of the transfer window, and most of our rivals already appear to have done their business up top

The whole thing just makes a lot of sense on a number of levels. I actually think the whole thing would be given a lot more credence if perhaps Bogle had achieved what he did for us at another club - those endless "let's get player X back at BP" posts can get a bit boring over time, but this one does seem genuinely difference in terms of the way the stars at least appear to have aligned.

That said, there could of course be reasons why this might be a complete non-starter. Perhaps Omar's given up on football. Perhaps he can't handle a return to non-league, or can't face the idea of a full-circle return to Blundell Park as it would just rubber stamp the fact that he's failed in his time since leaving. All of those things would be understandable, but I can understand why it's a topic of conversation.

Irrespective of current form (albeit at a much higher level than this) I'd welcome the lad back with open arms. If, and I'm making assumptions here, he's lost his mojo and needs a spark to reignite the fire, where better to do it at this moment in time than Blundell Park, and who better to do it with than the man under whom he played the best football of his life in Paul Hurst?

A wonderful summation. I would like to think that if anyone could tempt him to give it one more try, it would be Paul Hurst and crew. He also loved and needed the adulation; if he came her and scored, he would get that in spades. Call me totally madcap but I think there’s more than a slim chance these discussions are happening now and will end well.

Posted by: diehardmariner, September 8, 2021, 10:37am; Reply: 261
Was told at the weekend by a couple of separate people  at the game that Bogle's wage demands aren't the issue.  He took a hefty paycut to sign for Donny and is on around £1200 a week.  Not shabby but I'd have expected him to have be demanding more and it makes more of a mockery out of the situation last season when we were in for him but were 'worlds apart' on his wage demands.

I do wonder if Bogle was one of the two names Hurst nodded towards post-game at the weekend that he's not totally sure on.

My stance on Bogle remains conflicted.  If it's the Bogle of 2016 then I'm all for that. There was a fair few occasions on Saturday where that player would have buried the chances.  But that was five years ago. How interested is he now and how would he fit in with the current set-up/work ethic in the squad?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 8, 2021, 10:41am; Reply: 262
From a football perspective, I’d have him back here in a heartbeat. From a financial standpoint, he’s doing to Donny what Rose and Morais are doing here.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 8, 2021, 10:59am; Reply: 263
His options are limited and it seems ours are too, judging by the amount of time it's taking to find a suitable striker. Looks to me like the stars are aligned but I have no idea whether he wants to come here, or if we even want him back here. If there is a possibility, then it should be pursued.

The talent is in there still; whether the drive and desire remains is another question. Worth a loan deal until January to find out, if both parties want it.
Posted by: Son of Cod, September 8, 2021, 11:05am; Reply: 264
Quoted from Poojah

• Our squad is calling out for a number 9; someone physical and direct who can score goals at this level
  • In terms of playing style and record at this level, the level below and the level above, Bogle 100% ticks that box
  • Hurst has said publicly, that having seemingly exhausted our options during the window, that we would be looking at players made available for loan after it has ended. box
  • He also said that this is precisely the scenario under which he brought Conor Townsend back to the club in 2015
  • Realistically, he can only sign for a club in this division due to the closing of the transfer window, and most of our rivals already appear to have done their business up top

The whole thing just makes a lot of sense on a number of levels. I actually think the whole thing would be given a lot more credence if perhaps Bogle had achieved what he did for us at another club - those endless "let's get player X back at BP" posts can get a bit boring over time, but this one does seem genuinely different in terms of the way the stars at least appear to have aligned.

Top post that. Close the thread until he signs, nothing more really needs to be said. You've eased some of my concerns, which are all about his drive/attitude. At the end of the day though, it's on Hurst to make that call.
Posted by: Mayaman, September 8, 2021, 11:05am; Reply: 265
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Put it as a personal point of view though.. If your company your currently at wants rid of you although you feel you're more than adequate enough to do a job what would you do? See out the rest of your contract and collect a good salary or try go elsewhere to prove them wrong and it might not work out for you and be out of pocket.

Happened to me.  It's not a particularly nice feeling so I was gonna sodomist off.  A mate told me to sit it out.  Until they give me the termination notice they have to pay me.  They basically wanted me to resign.  I am still here a year later.  Now. I'd rathe be somewhere else but there aren't many jobs going in my field at the moment (politics and COVID) so I am grateful for the salary.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 8, 2021, 11:11am; Reply: 266
Quoted from ska face
33-year-old Ryan Taylor’s managed 17 goals since 2015 at Leagues 1 and 2, and he’s looked to be a good addition to the squad.

Bogle’s got a fairly similar record at Champ & League 1 level and is in his prime.

Just for balance…

Ryan Taylor came here as someone who absolutely grafts their nuts off. At the end of January 2017, Taylor signed for Plymouth before signing for Newport last summer. We are his third club since January 2017.

Omar Bogle seems to be leaving every club under a cloud. At the end of January 2017, Bogle signed for Wigan. If he joined us, we would be his 9th club since January 2017.

If Bogle hadn't played for us, we would be very worried about the prospect of him being our new number 9.
Posted by: Poojah, September 8, 2021, 11:15am; Reply: 267
Well, while we’re waiting for something (or nothing) to happen, here’s some unrelated GTFC loan news to pass the time. Scunny have sent youngster Fin Shrimpton on loan to Grantham Town - can you imagine the pun-fest that would ensue should he ever end up here?

https://mobile.twitter.com/HumbersideSport/status/1435310936332640262
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 8, 2021, 11:21am; Reply: 268
Quoted from Poojah
Well, while we’re waiting for something (or nothing) to happen, here’s some unrelated GTFC loan news to pass the time. Scunny have sent youngster Fin Shrimpton on loan to Grantham Town - can you imagine the pun-fest that would ensue should he ever end up here?

MARINERS GET THEIR SHRIMP
Posted by: male private Nale, September 8, 2021, 11:39am; Reply: 269
Quoted from diehardmariner
Was told at the weekend by a couple of separate people  at the game that Bogle's wage demands aren't the issue.  He took a hefty paycut to sign for Donny and is on around £1200 a week.  Not shabby but I'd have expected him to have be demanding more and it makes more of a mockery out of the situation last season when we were in for him but were 'worlds apart' on his wage demands.

I do wonder if Bogle was one of the two names Hurst nodded towards post-game at the weekend that he's not totally sure on.

My stance on Bogle remains conflicted.  If it's the Bogle of 2016 then I'm all for that. There was a fair few occasions on Saturday where that player would have buried the chances.  But that was five years ago. How interested is he now and how would he fit in with the current set-up/work ethic in the squad?

Bogle on £1200 a week at donny ?? I am struggling to believe that one, considering we were paying £2k a week to the likes of Matt Green in league two. He must be the lowest paid No.9 in league one.

Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 8, 2021, 11:54am; Reply: 270

Bogle on £1200 a week at donny ?? I am struggling to believe that one, considering we were paying £2k a week to the likes of Matt Green in league two. He must be the lowest paid No.9 in league one.

Word on the street is his salary at Donny is between £5.5 and £7.5k a week...if he was £1200 I don't think he'd be sat on his ar£e diibg nothing if teams had come for him. ..or maybe he's quite happy topping the back account whilst training with the academy, who knows what's going on on his head .
Posted by: acko338, September 8, 2021, 12:00pm; Reply: 271
There are only 2 people who can put this thread to bed - Omar Bogle and Paul Hurst.

All the arguments have been made for both sides.

Can he, will he ?

Could we, should we?

Let's stop slagging or praising Bogle and see how things develop or not !!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 8, 2021, 12:13pm; Reply: 272
Quoted from Poojah

Surely one for Sarfend?
Posted by: Mikey_345, September 8, 2021, 12:47pm; Reply: 273
Does anybody actually know that his heart isn’t in football anymore. Or have we just heard one or two people say that and it’s suddenly become fact…..
Posted by: Poojah, September 8, 2021, 12:53pm; Reply: 274
Quoted from Mikey_345
Does anybody actually know that his heart isn’t in football anymore. Or have we just heard one or two people say that and it’s suddenly become fact…..

He said he liked music in an interview over a year ago. That’s enough evidence for me.
Posted by: pizzzza, September 8, 2021, 1:04pm; Reply: 275
Quoted from Mikey_345

That's how it usually works...
Posted by: barrattstandman, September 8, 2021, 1:05pm; Reply: 276
Quoted from Poojah

He said he liked music in an interview over a year ago. That’s enough evidence for me.

So does many of the Town squad !
Posted by: pizzzza, September 8, 2021, 1:06pm; Reply: 277

Here's your coat......I've called a taxi.....

Are you chatting me up?  :P
Posted by: toontown, September 8, 2021, 1:24pm; Reply: 278
Quoted from Poojah

• Hurst has said publicly, that having seemingly exhausted our options during the window, that we would be looking at players made available for loan after it has ended.
  • He also said that this is precisely the scenario under which he brought Conor Townsend back to the club in 2015

Was is best football under Bignot rather than Hurst just to be pedantic? Not sure who he scored or played more for during that last half a season
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, September 8, 2021, 1:30pm; Reply: 279
We should be casting our net wider than Shrimpton.  
Posted by: It Bites, September 8, 2021, 1:32pm; Reply: 280
I've just heard the deal is close . The source is normally reliable
Posted by: toontown, September 8, 2021, 1:35pm; Reply: 281

Yeah that does seem v difficult to believe. Maybe we are being asked to pay £1200 a week towards his overall wages, that seems more believable
Posted by: buckstown, September 8, 2021, 1:42pm; Reply: 282
I love reading football forums, none more so than the glorious fishy. 28 pages into the annual Omar thread and :-
It's on - it's off
He past it - he'll shred this league
He hates footy - he's still got it
etc. etc.

The beauty of it all is that nobody knows anything and it's all our personal opinions, so we're all right. On Thursday when PH does his pre match he may even get asked about the rumours on social media regarding Omar. I think that's why he's been smiling so much recently cos he reads this.
But.....is he smiling cos it's on or it's off????
Posted by: ska face, September 8, 2021, 2:05pm; Reply: 283
It’s on.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, September 8, 2021, 2:06pm; Reply: 284
Quoted from pizzzza

Are you chatting me up?  :P

No. If I was I'd have added 'here's 10p, go call your mum...'

(and yes, I do all my chatting up in 1982....)
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, September 8, 2021, 2:08pm; Reply: 285
Quoted from It Bites
I've just heard the deal is close . The source is normally reliable

You're missing key words: Millfields, petrol station, M180, BP car park, "just been spotted"
Posted by: forza ivano, September 8, 2021, 2:12pm; Reply: 286
Quoted from ska face
It’s on.

What you hearing Grant?
Posted by: Maringer, September 8, 2021, 2:24pm; Reply: 287

Surely one for Sarfend?

I would have hoped that Morecambe would have come in for him.

As for Bogle, perhaps he just needs a tight-lipped dour Yorkshireman as a manager. Surely worth a punt if he's available? He wouldn't even need to be on top form if we could get a few goals out of him and we are desperate for numbers up front.

You could imagine him signing, then Hurst sitting him on the bench for a few games until he thinks he's properly fit!
Posted by: ska face, September 8, 2021, 2:27pm; Reply: 288
Quoted from forza ivano

What you hearing Grant?

Sorry, nothing mate. Just trying to manifest something through the power of positive thought.
Posted by: TonySmith, September 8, 2021, 2:30pm; Reply: 289
I think I'll trust Paul Hurst's judgement on this one. If he thinks Omar has lost interest or will upset the harmony in the squad, I very much doubt he will be interested even if the deal is affordable for the club. If he feels Omar is desperate to get firing again and is given the green light financially, I think we'll be hearing some news very soon.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 8, 2021, 2:37pm; Reply: 290

You're missing key words: Millfields, petrol station, M180, BP car park, "just been spotted"

According to someone I used to know but who I’m no longer in any sort of contact with, a car with the registration number
O 80GEZ was spotted turning in the car park at the ground.
Posted by: Poojah, September 8, 2021, 2:38pm; Reply: 291
Quoted from toontown

Was is best football under Bignot rather than Hurst just to be pedantic? Not sure who he scored or played more for during that last half a season

9 in 14 under Hurst, 10 in 12 under his old mate Bignot (so slightly better than Hurst). I’d argue though that by that point he was already flying - he was incredible in that 5-2 win over Stevenage.

What I would credit Hurst with in particular is turning his form around during his first season, when for a long period he was playing much as described by the Donny fans recently. It’s easy to write him off as having lost his interest in football, no one knows what’s in the guy’s head. Some people’s self-confidence is just a little more fragile than others - it may be as simple as that.

If this happens, and it’s looking increasingly likely that it might, I do think he can tear up this league even if it takes him a few games to get back on his feet.
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 8, 2021, 2:55pm; Reply: 292
If Hurst was willing to give Stefan Payne a chance I bloody hope he’s willing to give Bogle one.
Posted by: Mariner93er, September 8, 2021, 3:00pm; Reply: 293
Let me start by saying I’d love to have Bogle back. We all know how much of a confidence player he is and it would only take a couple of goals for him to refund his form.

However, I’m not sure he’d even start which might be controversial. It feels like hurst has concentrated on forming an attack that can spread out the goals - our options across the front line are very exciting and we’ve still got the lights of grant and Scannell to return. But it feels like it needs a Taylor or ljl type to knit it all together and bring them into the game - and I’m not sure how effective Bogle would be at that. I think he’s be more of an impact sub if anything.
Posted by: Poojah, September 8, 2021, 3:32pm; Reply: 294

According to someone I used to know but who I’m no longer in any sort of contact with, a car with the registration number
O 80GEZ was spotted turning in the car park at the ground.

Well, once again I have been out and about with my trusty old camera and I am pleased to be able to share photographic evidence...

[img]https://i.ibb.co/m6gyPXK/chitty-chitty-bogle.png[/img]
Posted by: grimps, September 8, 2021, 3:39pm; Reply: 295
I can’t see the problem with this if it came off .
He’s coming somewhere that he’s lived and would be playing for a manger that knows and understands him and his game .
If it doesn’t work out then he can go back to Donny , it’s a no Brainer for Town
Posted by: Davec, September 8, 2021, 5:33pm; Reply: 296
Quoted from Poojah

Well, once again I have been out and about with my trusty old camera and I am pleased to be able to share photographic evidence...

That'll be a truly scrumptious signing?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 8, 2021, 5:45pm; Reply: 297
Quoted from Poojah

See that person who didn’t tell me anything wasn’t lying!

By the way, I see Debbie Cook in the front passenger seat and Hursty behind her, but is that Max Wright in drag next to him?
Posted by: moosey_club, September 8, 2021, 6:04pm; Reply: 298
Quoted from Poojah
Fin Shrimpton on loan to Grantham Town - can you imagine the pun-fest that would ensue should he ever end up here?

Struggling to come up with one ....just cant see it...

😁
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 8, 2021, 7:35pm; Reply: 299
Prawn again Christian
Posted by: DB, September 8, 2021, 7:48pm; Reply: 300
The Bogle saga reminds me of an old Black Lace song Hokey Cokey, edited to

Your signing now
Your signing not
On, off, on, off
Shake your head about

O you do the hokey cokey
And you turn around
That's what it's all about

Woah, the hokey cokey
Woah, the hokey cokey
Woah, the hokey cokey
Knees bent
Arms stretched
Ra-ra-ra
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 8, 2021, 8:15pm; Reply: 301
Don’t give up the day job DB 😉
Posted by: golfer, September 9, 2021, 9:07am; Reply: 302
Quoted from DB

Your signing now
Your signing not
On, off, on, off
Shake your head about

O you do the hokey cokey
And you turn around

Woah, the hokey cokey
Woah, the hokey cokey
Woah, the hokey cokey
Knees bent
Arms stretched
Ra-ra-ra

If Bogle helped you to write that tell him to stick to football
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 9, 2021, 12:06pm; Reply: 303
Quoted from DB

Your signing now
Your signing not
On, off, on, off
Shake your head about

O you do the hokey cokey
And you turn around

Woah, the hokey cokey
Woah, the hokey cokey
Woah, the hokey cokey
Knees bent
Arms stretched
Oh fu(k  am out for 6 months with my cruciate
Ra-ra-ra

Edited!
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 9, 2021, 2:09pm; Reply: 304
Turned us down according to Hurst.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 9, 2021, 2:11pm; Reply: 305
Thread closed.

[url]https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/grimsby-town-omar-bogle-transfer-5894231.amp?__twitter_impression=true[/url]
Posted by: GhostDan, September 9, 2021, 2:16pm; Reply: 306
Strange, you don’t know all the reasoning but personally, I just don’t see why he would stay at a club where he isn’t wanted and the fans seem to absolutely hate him.  He could return here a King and play in front of adoring fans, who love him.
Posted by: ska face, September 9, 2021, 2:23pm; Reply: 307
The man’s a disgrace.

See you in January
Posted by: Poojah, September 9, 2021, 2:24pm; Reply: 308
Classic Hurst double-bluff.
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, September 9, 2021, 2:31pm; Reply: 309
Quoted from Poojah
Classic Hurst double-bluff.

That was my initial thought, but then I wonder if Bogle may see a return to BP as a failure and back to square 1.

Honestly cannot see him coming back and if he doesn't want to be here then we move on.
Posted by: Mariner_501, September 9, 2021, 2:33pm; Reply: 310
Now he’s turned us down people can stop being like an obsessive ex girlfriend. The man couldn’t care less
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, September 9, 2021, 2:34pm; Reply: 311
Move on. Time for another Avenue
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 9, 2021, 2:43pm; Reply: 312
Quoted from ska face
The man’s a disgrace.

See you in January

Depends if PH would consider a player who seems to be happy sat on his bottom doing nothing each week!
Posted by: gtfcmd, September 9, 2021, 2:43pm; Reply: 313
we want players who want to be here if we are not good enough for him lets move on
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, September 9, 2021, 2:45pm; Reply: 314
Still good for at least 10 more pages of Bogle coming back chat I reckon.
Posted by: barrattstandman, September 9, 2021, 2:53pm; Reply: 315
Could be pride stopping him dropping down to our level .
Posted by: Hagrid, September 9, 2021, 3:09pm; Reply: 316
intercourse him

says a lot about his ego
Posted by: tashee69, September 9, 2021, 3:25pm; Reply: 317
Quoted from ska face
The man’s a disgrace.

See you in January

He’d have been more of a disgrace if he’d come here and pinched a wage if he can’t be bothered. If he’s lost his passion then he’s done us a favour
Posted by: Grimsbynewhope, September 9, 2021, 3:35pm; Reply: 318
He’s had his chance to come back and try to regain his form and confidence. He’s said no, time to move on and find someone who really wants to play for us
Posted by: MarinerDevil, September 9, 2021, 3:38pm; Reply: 319
Thread closed.

Until he turns up at the Racecourse tomorrow morning.
Posted by: diehardmariner, September 9, 2021, 3:42pm; Reply: 320
If only Hurst had form for playing down and denying transfers before the player rocks up at the ground.

Hell, even if he had such form with this particular player...
Posted by: Harry Haddock, September 9, 2021, 3:55pm; Reply: 321
The way I see it.

Omar doesn't want to drop down to NL
Donny will now terminate his contract.
Some L1 or L2 club will sign him for free
Posted by: Zmariner, September 9, 2021, 4:07pm; Reply: 322
Quoted from Mariner_501
Now he’s turned us down people can stop being like an obsessive ex girlfriend. The man couldn’t care less

Hits the nail on the head perfectly. jog on All the best to him but I would be very doubtful of his commitment and he is already a journeyman. Did a great job for us first time round but he would be a massive gamble
Utm
Posted by: RobDef1, September 9, 2021, 4:09pm; Reply: 323
Yep that's it closed for me. Sod him. I guess the rumours are true and he's lost interest in football. Shows a lot about the guy that he wouldn't be willing to come to this club on loan given our past. Next rumour please.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 9, 2021, 4:11pm; Reply: 324
Quoted from Harry Haddock
The way I see it.

Omar doesn't want to drop down to NL
Donny will now terminate his contract.
Some L1 or L2 club will sign him for free

Not until January they won't. As he was a registered Donny player when the window shut he can't sign for a Premier League or EFL club until January.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 9, 2021, 4:33pm; Reply: 325
Quoted from Mariner_501

Yeah but no but yeah but she’s not all that anyway, wouldn’t come across and I heard that she got fingered behind the bike sheds after drinking a litre of cider from a plastic bottle they was all sharing (didn’t even wipe the top or nuffin) and Melanie Tolworth said she’s a lesbian anyway.
Posted by: Kris2, September 9, 2021, 4:51pm; Reply: 326
No idea what's going on with Omar and Doncaster right now, it's turned into a battle between them trying to force him out and Omar refusing to go. I get he might be sick of moving clubs so much but they literally don't want him there, manager doesn't like him and has refused to play him. Not sure what he gains from trying to sit out a contract and being stubborn.  

They offered to let him go out on loan, we were keen to do it and he could have at least been playing games regularly again. Maybe in January they revisit the transfer issue again and he finds something he wants. If he'd rather sit around and be miserable than come play for us then I'd echo the sentiment that we don't want him. Just a shame we wasted good time in looking into strikers on convincing him only to be knocked back. Hopefully now we can look into somebody who actually wants to be here and give their all.
Posted by: Poojah, September 9, 2021, 5:04pm; Reply: 327
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Not until January they won't. As he was a registered Donny player when the window shut he can't sign for a Premier League or EFL club until January.

[img]https://media1.giphy.com/media/sZvexH2KB8vhafApuZ/giphy.gif?cid=82a1493brkgkcvmnwujsjsdtzt289e7vp1dtlc95ci52aelb&rid=giphy.gif[/img]
Posted by: lukeo, September 9, 2021, 5:44pm; Reply: 328
He simply doesn't want a football career anymore so is going to just sit back and see out his contract at Donny until they find a way to get rid
Posted by: toontown, September 9, 2021, 6:28pm; Reply: 329
Maybe he knows or suspects he's not up to it anymore or hasn't got the passion required anymore, so doesn't want to come here and tarnish the memories? Maybe he'd rather not spoil his only memories of real success?
Posted by: Abdul19, September 9, 2021, 8:13pm; Reply: 330
Quoted from toontown
Maybe he knows or suspects he's not up to it anymore or hasn't got the passion required anymore, so doesn't want to come here and tarnish the memories? Maybe he'd rather not spoil his only memories of real success?

But if he came back he could make new memories [img]https://www.emojiall.com/images/240/apple/1f92e.png[/img]
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 9, 2021, 8:23pm; Reply: 331
Quoted from toontown

I didn't know he was a failure at Solihull.
Posted by: bawarmy, September 9, 2021, 9:00pm; Reply: 332

That was my initial thought, but then I wonder if Bogle may see a return to BP as a failure and back to square 1.

Honestly cannot see him coming back and if he doesn't want to be here then we move on.

The man is daft then. It would have worked in everyone’s favour if he came back and gave it a good go.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, September 9, 2021, 9:05pm; Reply: 333
We really don’t want someone like him with his ego around the squad. He’s fu.cked up a potentially good career . What an idiot.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 9, 2021, 9:33pm; Reply: 334
Hurst said he regularly speaks to his agent, who happens to be working for the agency that looks after current players James McKeown and Shaun Pearson.

Fifteen Eleven, owned by Jake Speight, also manage former Mariners Richard Tait, Zak Mills, Tom Naylor and Ross Hannah. Safe to say, it's an agency Paul Hurst likes using!

[url]https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fifteen-eleven-management/beraterfirma/berater/4271[/url]
Posted by: exiledmeggie, September 10, 2021, 7:19am; Reply: 335
Bring back Stuart Brace. End of?
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, September 10, 2021, 10:57am; Reply: 336
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
We really don’t want someone like him with his ego around the squad. He’s fu.cked up a potentially good career . What an idiot.

I don't necessarily think he has an ego bigger than any other footballer, its not apparent to me anyway. I just see a lad's career has just taken a colossal nose dive and I can imagine club hopping hasn't done him well mentally. In just over a year he has gone from on the books at Cardiff whilst they were in the Premier League, to playing for ADO Den Haag against the likes of Ajax and Feyenoord to training by himself in League One with offers only from League Two and us, not even mentioning a spell with Charlton sandwiched in there.

Having played competitive sport myself I know it can be deflating when things don't work out as well as you'd hope at multiple teams. You lose interest and at times you think what's the point.

Unfortunately like I said on a previous page I think Omar must see himself returning to us and this League as back to square 1 and potentially would be the finale of a bad few years in the game.

Yeah we all now if he came back to us with a good attitude he would do well, but I think he needs to re-establish his passion for the sport again and it won't be with us.
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 10, 2021, 12:36pm; Reply: 337
Quoted from exiledmeggie
Bring back Stuart Brace. End of?

He was on The Big Match Revisited the other day on ITV4 scoring for Sarfend.
Posted by: Son of Cod, September 10, 2021, 1:15pm; Reply: 338
Quoted from Kris2
Not sure what he gains from trying to sit out a contract and being stubborn.  

More than a couple of hundred grand, I'd imagine. The Donny Rodwell.
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 11, 2021, 9:36pm; Reply: 339

3 wins and a draw out of 4 games, 3 points off the top with a game in hand.

Come on Omar you know you want to.
Posted by: Grimsbynewhope, September 11, 2021, 10:02pm; Reply: 340

3 wins and a draw out of 4 games, 3 points off the top with a game in hand.

Come on Omar you know you want to.

We don’t need him
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 11, 2021, 10:30pm; Reply: 341
I see Donny scored today. Then conceded 2 minutes later and lost the game.

Omar will be starting for a new manager next month I reckon.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 11, 2021, 10:31pm; Reply: 342
If he thinks he’s better than us then we’re better without him.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, December 2, 2021, 4:48pm; Reply: 343
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I wonder if Richie Wellens received the contractually stated severance package when he was binned off by both Oldham & Salford. Of course he did. Yet he’s tried to bully Omar Bogle into walking off without paying up his contract.

No wonder Bogle dug his heels in. If Bogle hasn’t told Wellens “I’ll still be here in January, do you think you will be?” then he should have.

I hope Bogle did say that to Wellens, because it's proven true.

Richie Wellens sacked.
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 2, 2021, 5:12pm; Reply: 344

Some interesting comments on the Donny forum regarding Omar Bogle now Wellens has been given the sack...

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?PHPSESSID=449d0e476f58bef67f1075451f10f08d&topic=283122.0
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, December 3, 2021, 12:15pm; Reply: 345

Some interesting comments on the Donny forum regarding Omar Bogle now Wellens has been given the sack...

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?PHPSESSID=449d0e476f58bef67f1075451f10f08d&topic=283122.0

Hopefully gets a chance, and takes it.
Many comments on here about not wanting him, but its easy to forget how good he was on his day.

He's 29 now, so if he does get his chance again, it's possibly his last attempt!
Posted by: rancido, December 3, 2021, 12:24pm; Reply: 346
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
We should be casting our net wider than Shrimpton.  

Would that be a shrimp net?
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 7:21pm