Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle (again)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 159 Guests

Omar Bogle (again)

This thread currently has 67,536 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
September 1, 2021, 3:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,576
Gold Stars: 1,502
Quoted from Rick12
Cut the laughing emoj mariner šŸ¤«.  Perhaps had I seen more of him I may of changed my tune .It was one game though that I saw him in and thought he looked good. I stand by that .You can only be true to what you see. Physical player that put himself about well. Done well for Rochdale in his first season in league one with them as well. Football ultimately though is about consistency though I admit . That and anyone who plays football in league or non league should be treated with a bit of respect and not laughed at as they have achieved what many football fans(chances are you included)  will never do and play the game in some paid capacity.

In case anyone needs a little reminder.

https://youtu.be/-s45mwbwVkM

Come home son, you know it makes senseā€¦

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 346
Bigdog
September 1, 2021, 3:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I can't think of a better place for Omar to re-ignite his career. Even geography can't be used as an excuse to not even ask the question..

Knows and loves the club
Proven at the level
Different to what we've got
Knows the manager
Manager knows him
Out of favour at current club

Even if there's a budgetary concern re wages, he'll put more bums on seats than any other signing..

Maybe Hurst thinks he's too much of a risk emotionally. A fit, focussed and firing Bogle is just what we need right now, but does that version of Omar exist anymore?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 346
LocalLadGTFC
September 1, 2021, 3:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,221
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Rick12
Omar Bogle  for me is a good steady eddy lower league player at best. When I saw him for the first time he didnt grab me like others did eg Scott Neilson and Siriki Dembele .

Didn't grab you like others but scored 19 by January in League 2? That half season in L2 he was on Reddy's level the way he decided games for us, many a time we was the worse side and he produced to win us points. People really undermine how good he was that half a season, something has seriously gone wrong in his career because he should of been destined for the top.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 182 - 346
Rick12
September 1, 2021, 3:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Poojah

In case anyone needs a little reminder.

https://youtu.be/-s45mwbwVkM

Come home son, you know it makes senseā€¦
Thanks for the link Poojah. I've not seen that much of Omar though  as I can't get to watch Grimsby that often due to other commitments.  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 346
Rick12
September 1, 2021, 3:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Didn't grab you like others but scored 19 by January in League 2? That half season in L2 he was on Reddy's level the way he decided games for us, many a time we was the worse side and he produced to win us points. People really undermine how good he was that half a season, something has seriously gone wrong in his career because he should of been destined for the top.
Possibly a confidence thing similar to Fernando Torres when he was on fire at Liverpool. When you have the love of the fans behind you that's what propels some players to play their best football. Some players mindsets are more robust and can cope better than others when the fans aren't always on their side though.  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 346
GollyGTFC
September 1, 2021, 3:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,962
Gold Stars: 356
I wonder if Richie Wellens received the contractually stated severance package when he was binned off by both Oldham & Salford. Of course he did. Yet heā€™s tried to bully Omar Bogle into walking off without paying up his contract.

No wonder Bogle dug his heels in. If Bogle hasnā€™t told Wellens ā€œIā€™ll still be here in January, do you think you will be?ā€ then he should have.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 185 - 346
Poojah
September 1, 2021, 3:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,576
Gold Stars: 1,502
Quoted from Rick12
Thanks for the link Poojah. I've not seen that much of Omar though  as I can't get to watch Grimsby that often due to other commitments.  

In fairness, a lot will depend on which Omar Bogle you saw. I would split his Town career into four distinct stages. At the beginning he looked quick, sharp and keen to make an impression - scoring a few goals in the process. Then, during the middle of that first season, things went south - he suddenly looked sulky, disinterested, petulant and goal shy. He scored something like one goal during a period where Podge scored 20 (and I'm not even making that up). Basically he was the player that the Donny fans seem to be describing now, and want out of their club.

Then, from somewhere, he found his form, being absolutely unplayable in the second half of that 4-3 comeback away at Aldershot. And we all know what happened in the play-offs.

Finally - we have the League Two era Bogle. Initially out of the team in favour of Scott Vernon, that version of Omar was absolutely unplayable - powerful, skilful, ruthless in front of goal. Like a League Two Lukaku.

Evidently, he's since lost his way big time but one thing that would give me confidence that the player we remember is still in there, is the fact that it was under Paul Hurst that he overcame that moody, lethargic demeanour that fans understandably detest and became a player Wigan were prepared to pay a million quid for. I really do think that a few months back here might be just what he needs to restore his confidence and love for the game.

A loan move into the NL didn't do Charles Vernam any harm...

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 346
BobbyCummingsTackle
September 1, 2021, 5:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,279
Gold Stars: 306
There seem to be a couple of very good reasons why he won't be coming here:

1. Stockwood has implied we asked the question and Bogle himself said no
2. Bogle has not exactly hidden his feelings about his interests being outside of football
3. He has also demonstrated a belief in himself that is possibly misplaced and therefore a move to the NL would seem
    very unlikely as his ego may not allow it
4. His salary demands (see #3) would probably be beyond us, especially as Hurst values teamwork and being a unit -
    not helped by one player earning more than his colleagues and not being shy about talking about it

I would love to see him back here but I think it's very unlikely.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 346
golfer
September 1, 2021, 5:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,441
Gold Stars: 116
Put a quid on ticket price to help pay for him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 346
denni266
September 1, 2021, 6:30pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
If we had not gone down there would have been a better chance of him being tempted. And with him thinking of going in to song writing / performing  unless you know the right people and get addopted by someone realy well connected it will be a long hard slog to sell as there are thousands and thousands of writers out there trying to make a living. I know this from my own experiance  being a guitar player from 1968 and still playing , And i have played with some big names and bands over the years , you can make a living but not thousands every week like some footballers make
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 346
35 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle (again)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.