Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners trust..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 209 Guests

Mariners trust..

This thread currently has 12,285 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
May 7, 2021, 5:09pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

I think you will find, if you check your history, that I’ve never ever made any claims in respect of  Dembele contract at Peterborough, with regards to us receiving a payment from Posh, in the event that they get promoted  to the Championship whilst Dembele is still at their club.

If you are aware of instance where I have, then by all means show me.

You’ll find that my comments regarding Dembele’s contract were all solely in connection with the period of time written into the contract where a % fee would be payable to Town, in the event he was subsequently sold by Posh.

Shall I sort of accept your apology for this wild and inaccurate accusation without you having to physically write it DB ?

Just saying

Errrr No. Why would the promotion clause be valid whilst the percentage of the transfer fee would be out of date. Surely they were both clauses in the same contract? Why would they carry different dates?

Enough of your trolling. Sod off.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 108
DB
May 7, 2021, 5:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386

I think you will find, if you check your history, that I’ve never ever made any claims in respect of  Dembele contract at Peterborough, with regards to us receiving a payment from Posh, in the event that they get promoted  to the Championship whilst Dembele is still at their club.

If you are aware of instance where I have, then by all means show me.

You’ll find that my comments regarding Dembele’s contract were all solely in connection with the period of time written into the contract where a % fee would be payable to Town, in the event he was subsequently sold by Posh.

Shall I sort of accept your apology for this wild and inaccurate accusation without you having to physically write it DB ?

Just saying

Dream on

Many posts and threads ago I held out an olive branch to you that you snaped.

Your apology should be worded along the lines:-

DB (and others to whom it may concern) I humbly apologise for any offence that I may have posted in the past. Please accept this as a peace offering. I truly wish to repent and confirm that I will not intensionally, or unintentionally, try to make a post in any way that will wind any forumite up.

Now cut and paste and post it; as the new era starts let all of us be at peace.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 108
Fillipe Noche
May 7, 2021, 5:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103

Errrr No. Why would the promotion clause be valid whilst the percentage of the transfer fee would be out of date. Surely they were both clauses in the same contract? Why would they carry different dates?

Enough of your trolling. Sod off.

Because quite simply

One was a selling clause which covered Posh profiting from a player we sold to them, which was date sensitive based on a length of time we could reasonably expect to share in that profit.

The other was a clause based on the contribution we felt our football asset could make to the promotion challenge mounted by Posh, as a result of his sale from us to them. During his employment by them.  

Often a promotion clause is built into a contract when there is some difference between the amount that club wants for a player, compared to what another club values him at. It’s like a compromise mechanism so to speak. So essentially the clubs agree to differ on his value, but then compromise by setting a further payment trigger in place for such things as winning a promotion or a cup competition.

I’ve drawn up contracts where often a promotion clause has been included, but that trigger is also dependent upon the number of appearances the player made in the season that his new club was promoted.

The sell on clause is totally unconnected to the promotion/appearance clauses.

Hope that answers your question clearly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 108
Fillipe Noche
May 7, 2021, 5:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from DB

Dream on

Many posts and threads ago I held out an olive branch to you that you snaped.

Your apology should be worded along the lines:-

DB (and others to whom it may concern) I humbly apologise for any offence that I may have posted in the past. Please accept this as a peace offering. I truly wish to repent and confirm that I will not intensionally, or unintentionally, try to make a post in any way that will wind any forumite up.

Now cut and paste and post it; as the new era starts let all of us be at peace.

Your suggestion that you offered an olive branch must have escaped me. I’ve never seen anything like that from you DB

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 108
DB
May 7, 2021, 6:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386

Your suggestion that you offered an olive branch must have escaped me. I’ve never seen anything like that from you DB

Should have gone to specsavers

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 108
forza ivano
May 7, 2021, 8:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
back to the original  story. Now over 400 new members in 48 hours. Would be interesting to know what business the club shop has done in the same period

Just imagine what the season ticket sales are going to look like if this is a measure of the interest and enthusiasm generated

https://twitter.com/sandii_lou/status/1390710096708186114
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 108
KingstonMariner
May 7, 2021, 8:59pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Stampolina?! Is she married to that Cheltenham striker?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 108
forza ivano
May 7, 2021, 11:04pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 108
Quagmire
May 8, 2021, 3:23pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Rejoined 5 minutes ago, member 1364  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 108
Bristol Mariner
May 8, 2021, 8:51pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Joined for 1st time - 1375

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 108
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners trust..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.