Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: lukeo, May 6, 2021, 6:54pm
Feel it needs it's own thread. We've now seen the intent from the owners and how the trust will be a big part of the club (well done Kristine by the way!)
So come onn let's do it! They've already had 100 register in the past 24hrs. They're currently at 1,000 members (ish) the highest they've ever had is 1,300 when we did OP. So come on fishy folk let's all become members and smash that number out of the park.

UTM!!!
Posted by: RexFannies, May 6, 2021, 6:59pm; Reply: 1
Excuse my ignorance but what does it me to be a member and how do you become a member.
Posted by: lukeo, May 6, 2021, 6:59pm; Reply: 2
https://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/register/
Posted by: Fishy clapper, May 6, 2021, 7:32pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from RexFannies
Excuse my ignorance but what does it me to be a member and how do you become a member.

Hagrid is a first class member.

@Hagrid, can you explain what it’s like being a prize member and what it takes to become such a member?
Posted by: paramariner, May 6, 2021, 7:58pm; Reply: 4
Just rejoined 😄😄
Posted by: forza ivano, May 6, 2021, 8:14pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from paramariner
Just rejoined 😄😄

well done PSG - think you must be v. close to being the 1000th member
Posted by: Cambs Mariner, May 6, 2021, 8:19pm; Reply: 6
I have just joined for the 1st time ever. I also bought something from the GTFC shop last night and next season will be attending, if we are allowed, my first game since the Fans Forum debacle.
Posted by: lukeo, May 6, 2021, 8:28pm; Reply: 7
I'm pretty sure I paid for a lifetime membership a few years ago but oh well, I've paid £15 for a year and will just keep doing it every year 👍
Posted by: drbell, May 6, 2021, 8:55pm; Reply: 8
Just signed up. Great to see the trust on the board and mentioned in interviews.
Posted by: Grimsbynewhope, May 6, 2021, 8:57pm; Reply: 9
Just joined for the first time
Posted by: AussieMariner, May 6, 2021, 9:18pm; Reply: 10
Also joined for the first time - lifetime senior membership
Posted by: bartgtfc, May 6, 2021, 9:31pm; Reply: 11
Rejoined ⚽ UTMM
Posted by: Bignic69, May 6, 2021, 10:12pm; Reply: 12
Joined earlier this evening for the first time. UTM
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 6, 2021, 10:15pm; Reply: 13
Rejoined !
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 6, 2021, 10:20pm; Reply: 14
Good stuff.

I would love to see us have more Trust members than season ticket holders. With high numbers of exiles there’s the scope for it.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 6, 2021, 10:38pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from drbell
Just signed up. Great to see the trust on the board and mentioned in interviews.

Haven't the Trust had members on the board for at least a couple of seasons now?
Posted by: RexFannies, May 6, 2021, 11:03pm; Reply: 16
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, May 6, 2021, 11:04pm; Reply: 17
Just rejoined - being a Town fan has been a life sentence so may as well join for life...
Posted by: oochiad, May 6, 2021, 11:11pm; Reply: 18
I’ve rejoined, member number 1178
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 6, 2021, 11:51pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from arryarryarry

Haven't the Trust had members on the board for at least a couple of seasons now?

Yes since the aftermath of the Great Share Grab. 2013ish?
Posted by: Trickytrev, May 7, 2021, 9:43am; Reply: 20
This is the latest update from the trust taken from their FB page.

Membership Update 📢
1100 members in total*
328 new members in 24 hours
£5300 in the bank
Record paid membership is 1400
*as at 11pm 6/5

I wonder if the same effect might happen to season tickets?
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), May 7, 2021, 10:09am; Reply: 21
Just joined.... for the first time.
Posted by: pen penfras, May 7, 2021, 10:27am; Reply: 22
Interesting how everybody is creaming themselves over the trust now that Fenty has gone. Has something changed?

Also strange how they've managed to escape the May criticism despite both board members voting in favour of him buying those shares in the club.
Posted by: dicko995, May 7, 2021, 10:32am; Reply: 23
Just joined, Member 1253    :)
Posted by: ska face, May 7, 2021, 10:35am; Reply: 24
Quoted from pen penfras
Interesting how everybody is creaming themselves over the trust now that Fenty has gone. Has something changed?

Also strange how they've managed to escape the May criticism despite both board members voting in favour of him buying those shares in the club.

Another lie from Comical Ali.

https://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/update-on-recent-events/

As previously stated none of the Trust board, except for the two board representatives, knew anything about the proposal from Alex May. Once we became aware, we acted quickly and decisively and formally opposed any involvement. This was subsequently reflected in the vote at the GTFC board meeting which thankfully was unanimous.

Do you know what unanimous means?
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), May 7, 2021, 10:36am; Reply: 25
Quoted from pen penfras

Give it a rest, you are a fecking painful bore!

Posted by: pizzzza, May 7, 2021, 10:37am; Reply: 26
Quoted from pen penfras

I think you answered your own question in there.
Posted by: pen penfras, May 7, 2021, 10:41am; Reply: 27
Quoted from ska face

Another lie from Comical Ali.

https://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/update-on-recent-events/

As previously stated none of the Trust board, except for the two board representatives, knew anything about the proposal from Alex May. Once we became aware, we acted quickly and decisively and formally opposed any involvement. This was subsequently reflected in the vote at the GTFC board meeting which thankfully was unanimous.

Do you know what unanimous means?

Not a lie. It was unanimous that the board accepted May being involved.

It only changed AFTER the backlash from the story. Ask Dave Roberts and John Wood which way they voted the FIRST time this was brought up. If they say they voted against it first time, then they're lying. FACT.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 7, 2021, 11:04am; Reply: 28
Quoted from pen penfras

It only changed AFTER the backlash from the story. Ask Dave Roberts and John Wood which way they voted the FIRST time this was brought up. If they say they voted against it first time, then they're lying. FACT.

How do you know? Were you at the club board meeting? If not, who at the meeting told you?
Posted by: Grimsbynewhope, May 7, 2021, 11:09am; Reply: 29
The new board wants to work with the trust, we want to work with the new board.
Simples
Posted by: malkamalka, May 7, 2021, 11:14am; Reply: 30
Quoted from pen penfras

So, you don't want to be a part of the NEW vision of moving forwards, not looking back?

That's your right, but don't bring your negativity on here where the majority just want to move on.

Thanks.
Posted by: SomeSanity, May 7, 2021, 11:20am; Reply: 31
Quoted from pen penfras

It doesn't matter if its true or not, the only fact that matters now is that its in the past. Time to draw a line.
Posted by: lukeo, May 7, 2021, 11:55am; Reply: 32
Freedom of speech and all of that but I think it's time everyone ignored anything pen penfras says that goes back to the old times trying to make us doubt anything. I'm happy to have debates with anyone on here and I can accept people view things differently but whoever is behind that account has quite frankly (sorry to be rude) bored me since ive started paying attention to his or her user name.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, May 7, 2021, 11:58am; Reply: 33
Quoted from pen penfras

This could be another false dawn but the change of ownership has given the majority of fans real hope that our fortunes, both on and off the pitch, are about to improve and for the first time there is a belief that the Trust will have a real say and influence upon how the club is run.

What is there to dislike about this? Why knock fans who want to be be part of this positive vibe that’s surrounding our club at what should be one of our lowest ebbs?

You come over as a very bitter and sad fan who can’t comprehend that the club has finally rid itself of the millstone hung around its neck for the last twenty years, John Fenty.
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, May 7, 2021, 12:11pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from pen penfras

Complete and utter garbage Pen Penfras

The board, including the Mariners Trust board members, were not in a position to vote on May buying shares in the business, because quite simply, he wasn’t eligible to do so because of his criminal record. He would not have passed the football authorities fit and proper person tests in respect of owning £1 million worth of shares in a football club.

His investment and involvement would never have been in respect of shares in the club or board appointment. That was impossible.

His involvement was only ever going to be investment in the Town, in football training facilities, by which GTFC would have benefitted as the attached tenants using that facility, for club, academy and community. As part of the regeneration project

Pen Penfras I think it’s time you drew a line under all of this. You are becoming quite nauseous and quite frankly it’s not needed. It’s a new start now with a clean slate. Move on and please stop belly aching

Filipe
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, May 7, 2021, 1:55pm; Reply: 35
I'm not sure if any of you seen on Twitter yesterday, but I'd be willing to contribute to paying a couple of fans membership for the upcoming season if they are not able to do so.

I know how good of a feeling it is to get rid of the negativity from your club and starting fresh with new ideas/positivity.

Just drop me a message & I'll get this sorted  :)

All the best guys. UTM
Posted by: forza ivano, May 7, 2021, 4:21pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

The board, including the Mariners Trust board members, were not in a position to vote on May buying shares in the business, because quite simply, he wasn’t eligible to do so because of his criminal record. He would not have passed the football authorities fit and proper person tests in respect of owning £1 million worth of shares in a football club.

His investment and involvement would never have been in respect of shares in the club or board appointment. That was impossible.

His involvement was only ever going to be investment in the Town, in football training facilities, by which GTFC would have benefitted as the attached tenants using that facility, for club, academy and community. As part of the regeneration project

Pen Penfras I think it’s time you drew a line under all of this. You are becoming quite nauseous and quite frankly it’s not needed. It’s a new start now with a clean slate. Move on and please stop belly aching

Filipe

bloody hell - old buddies fighting like rats in a sack  8) 8) 8) 8)

ps Filipe any more news on those expired Dembele clauses, coz the posh chairman doesn't seem to know about them?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 7, 2021, 4:26pm; Reply: 37
Leave him/her* alone. He/she has shown remarkable fortitude to come on her to point out everyone’s errors.

* we might have been labouring under a misapprehension that Fillipe is a bloke. It might be pronounced Fiillipa. Not a board member but the partner of one and party to pillow talk perhaps. Not that he/she couldn’t be a partner of a board member and be a bloke.
Posted by: DB, May 7, 2021, 4:35pm; Reply: 38

Filipe

Why should we take notice of you? You were absolutely totally wrong about the Dembele payments, true.

Posted by: Fillipe Noche, May 7, 2021, 4:50pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from DB

Why should we take notice of you? You were absolutely totally wrong about the Dembele payments, true.

I think you will find, if you check your history, that I’ve never ever made any claims in respect of  Dembele contract at Peterborough, with regards to us receiving a payment from Posh, in the event that they get promoted  to the Championship whilst Dembele is still at their club.

If you are aware of instance where I have, then by all means show me.

You’ll find that my comments regarding Dembele’s contract were all solely in connection with the period of time written into the contract where a % fee would be payable to Town, in the event he was subsequently sold by Posh.

Shall I sort of accept your apology for this wild and inaccurate accusation without you having to physically write it DB ?

Just saying
Posted by: BlackandWhiteBarmy2, May 7, 2021, 5:09pm; Reply: 40

I think you will find, if you check your history, that I’ve never ever made any claims in respect of  Dembele contract at Peterborough, with regards to us receiving a payment from Posh, in the event that they get promoted  to the Championship whilst Dembele is still at their club.

You’ll find that my comments regarding Dembele’s contract were all solely in connection with the period of time written into the contract where a % fee would be payable to Town, in the event he was subsequently sold by Posh.

Shall I sort of accept your apology for this wild and inaccurate accusation without you having to physically write it DB ?

Just saying

Errrr No. Why would the promotion clause be valid whilst the percentage of the transfer fee would be out of date. Surely they were both clauses in the same contract? Why would they carry different dates?

Enough of your trolling. Sod off.

Posted by: DB, May 7, 2021, 5:19pm; Reply: 41

Just saying

Dream on

Many posts and threads ago I held out an olive branch to you that you snaped.

Your apology should be worded along the lines:-

DB (and others to whom it may concern) I humbly apologise for any offence that I may have posted in the past. Please accept this as a peace offering. I truly wish to repent and confirm that I will not intensionally, or unintentionally, try to make a post in any way that will wind any forumite up.

Now cut and paste and post it; as the new era starts let all of us be at peace.

Posted by: Fillipe Noche, May 7, 2021, 5:51pm; Reply: 42

Errrr No. Why would the promotion clause be valid whilst the percentage of the transfer fee would be out of date. Surely they were both clauses in the same contract? Why would they carry different dates?

Enough of your trolling. Sod off.

Because quite simply

One was a selling clause which covered Posh profiting from a player we sold to them, which was date sensitive based on a length of time we could reasonably expect to share in that profit.

The other was a clause based on the contribution we felt our football asset could make to the promotion challenge mounted by Posh, as a result of his sale from us to them. During his employment by them.  

Often a promotion clause is built into a contract when there is some difference between the amount that club wants for a player, compared to what another club values him at. It’s like a compromise mechanism so to speak. So essentially the clubs agree to differ on his value, but then compromise by setting a further payment trigger in place for such things as winning a promotion or a cup competition.

I’ve drawn up contracts where often a promotion clause has been included, but that trigger is also dependent upon the number of appearances the player made in the season that his new club was promoted.

The sell on clause is totally unconnected to the promotion/appearance clauses.

Hope that answers your question clearly
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, May 7, 2021, 5:52pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from DB

Dream on

Many posts and threads ago I held out an olive branch to you that you snaped.

Your apology should be worded along the lines:-

DB (and others to whom it may concern) I humbly apologise for any offence that I may have posted in the past. Please accept this as a peace offering. I truly wish to repent and confirm that I will not intensionally, or unintentionally, try to make a post in any way that will wind any forumite up.

Now cut and paste and post it; as the new era starts let all of us be at peace.

Your suggestion that you offered an olive branch must have escaped me. I’ve never seen anything like that from you DB

Posted by: DB, May 7, 2021, 6:03pm; Reply: 44

Your suggestion that you offered an olive branch must have escaped me. I’ve never seen anything like that from you DB

Should have gone to specsavers
Posted by: forza ivano, May 7, 2021, 8:44pm; Reply: 45
back to the original  story. Now over 400 new members in 48 hours. Would be interesting to know what business the club shop has done in the same period

Just imagine what the season ticket sales are going to look like if this is a measure of the interest and enthusiasm generated

https://twitter.com/sandii_lou/status/1390710096708186114
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 7, 2021, 8:59pm; Reply: 46
Stampolina?! Is she married to that Cheltenham striker?
Posted by: forza ivano, May 7, 2021, 11:04pm; Reply: 47
https://twitter.com/sandii_lou/status/1390788156375633921

brilliant response
Posted by: Quagmire, May 8, 2021, 3:23pm; Reply: 48
Rejoined 5 minutes ago, member 1364  :)
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, May 8, 2021, 8:51pm; Reply: 49
Joined for 1st time - 1375
Posted by: Sylvom, May 8, 2021, 10:42pm; Reply: 50
Just joined, first time - 1389

UTM
Posted by: forza ivano, May 11, 2021, 9:41pm; Reply: 51
https://twitter.com/sandii_lou/status/1392214870020575242

looks like they will hit the 1400 mark tonight or tomorrow morning. Think that's about 600 new members in less than a week

perhaps, unlike what pen penfras guessed,  gtfc fans are actually coming out of the woodwork and starting to support their club again?
Posted by: Running like emson, May 11, 2021, 10:29pm; Reply: 52
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, May 12, 2021, 8:51am; Reply: 53
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
I'm not sure if any of you seen on Twitter yesterday, but I'd be willing to contribute to paying a couple of fans membership for the upcoming season if they are not able to do so.

I know how good of a feeling it is to get rid of the negativity from your club and starting fresh with new ideas/positivity.

Just drop me a message & I'll get this sorted  :)

All the best guys. UTM

That’s Bob on Andy

Posted by: pen penfras, May 12, 2021, 9:28am; Reply: 54
Quoted from forza ivano
https://twitter.com/sandii_lou/status/1392214870020575242

looks like they will hit the 1400 mark tonight or tomorrow morning. Think that's about 600 new members in less than a week

perhaps, unlike what pen penfras guessed,  gtfc fans are actually coming out of the woodwork and starting to support their club again?

1400 members is not even half of season ticket sales, and lots of those will be exiles that have a new enthusiasm. We're a long way from seeing a significant increase in supporter numbers. Unless season tickets far exceed 3000, then you're not right. And that's a long time away until we know that answer.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 12, 2021, 9:42am; Reply: 55
So the enthusiasm is only present in exiles is it PP?

Does something happen to your mood when you get outside DN35 and DN31 postcodes?
Posted by: pen penfras, May 12, 2021, 9:48am; Reply: 56
Quoted from KingstonMariner
So the enthusiasm is only present in exiles is it PP?

Does something happen to your mood when you get outside DN35 and DN31 postcodes?

Enthusiasm is high, and I have always said I expect a short term increase in fans. My point has always been that there aren't thousands of people who were staying away because of Fenty, and those that do turn up will soon be sat at home again once we stop winning.
Posted by: RonMariner, May 12, 2021, 9:59am; Reply: 57
Christ, talk about glass half empty!
Posted by: ska face, May 12, 2021, 10:03am; Reply: 58
Having seen his beloved dictator removed, the only thing left for the sad act to hold onto is the hope that fans won’t return to the club.

An empty, pathetic existence.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, May 12, 2021, 10:04am; Reply: 59
Quoted from ska face
Having seen his beloved dictator removed, the only thing left for the sad act to hold onto is the hope that fans won’t return to the club.

An empty, pathetic existence.

This👍
Posted by: buckstown, May 12, 2021, 10:11am; Reply: 60
In moments of weakness I find myself partially agreeing with PP occasionally. I agree there aren't thousands of fans who stayed away because of Fenty. However there are a lot who stayed away because of 20 years of drudgery on the pitch, terrible marketing and a poor match day experience, people who might be tempted back if we'd played some sparkling footy, regardless of the level.
They won't rush back, but they will be tempted over time if word gets out that things are improving. It's crucial that the team does well of course because everything else is a sideshow.
By the way, when I said they didn't stay away because of Fenty, lets not forget he was accountable for the performance of the club, so they did really
Posted by: Trickytrev, May 12, 2021, 10:16am; Reply: 61
The latest from the trust  ;D

https://twitter.com/officialgtfc
Posted by: ginnywings, May 12, 2021, 10:19am; Reply: 62
You seem to be particularly p1ssed off at the new regime PP. Very bitter for some reason.  ::)

Still surprised at you calling PH a snidey little c.unt.
Posted by: pizzzza, May 12, 2021, 10:30am; Reply: 63
Quoted from pen penfras

and those that do turn up will soon be sat at home again once we stop winning.

Bloody hell, we need to start winning first.
Posted by: pen penfras, May 12, 2021, 10:52am; Reply: 64
Quoted from ginnywings
You seem to be particularly p1ssed off at the new regime PP. Very bitter for some reason.  ::)

Still surprised at you calling PH a snidey little c.unt.

I'm not drunk off or bitter in the slightest. I'm viewing them with a sense of realism that I also did for Fenty, but the bipolar reactions of everything is brilliant or terrible on here apparently means I'm against the new regime because I don't interpret what they've said the same way as others. I read yesterday that somebody thinks they're funding £2million extra into the budget, which doesn't tie up with their statements of us needing to be sustainable.

PH has come out blaming anything and everything to distract from the fact that he messed up when he joined and it took months to recover when a more measured approach would have probably given better results. Blaming the shape of the balls and how hard the training ground are were things that he knew would deflect blame from him, but I don't buy for one second that Fenty was stopping new balls being purchased or telling them they can't turn the sprinklers on in the morning.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 12, 2021, 11:01am; Reply: 65
Quoted from pen penfras

I'm not drunk off or bitter in the slightest. I'm viewing them with a sense of realism that I also did for Fenty, but the bipolar reactions of everything is brilliant or terrible on here apparently means I'm against the new regime because I don't interpret what they've said the same way as others. I read yesterday that somebody thinks they're funding £2million extra into the budget, which doesn't tie up with their statements of us needing to be sustainable.

PH has come out blaming anything and everything to distract from the fact that he messed up when he joined and it took months to recover when a more measured approach would have probably given better results. Blaming the shape of the balls and how hard the training ground are were things that he knew would deflect blame from him, but I don't buy for one second that Fenty was stopping new balls being purchased or telling them they can't turn the sprinklers on in the morning.

Well I've heard first hand accounts of him turning off lights and heating, so it wouldn't surprise me.
Posted by: wuffing, May 12, 2021, 11:08am; Reply: 66
I've heard one or two of the staff have got Stockholm syndrome ;D
Posted by: RonMariner, May 12, 2021, 11:08am; Reply: 67
I wouldn’t be so sure about the sprinklers issue pp. Remember this is the guy that turned off water coolers and urged use of the tap. I also gather from someone who worked at the club that he would come in and turn the chillers off on the bar until just before kick off to save electricity, resulting in warm beer for the customers on match days. He also clambered up the floodlights to save a few quid on a tradesman to change a bulb.

So not allowing sprinklers, and not replacing dud footballs is entirely consistent with the penny pinching short sighted false economies which characterised his regime.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, May 12, 2021, 11:28am; Reply: 68
Quoted from Trickytrev

Haha...I think I'd rather ear-cupping to that

Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 12, 2021, 11:33am; Reply: 69
Quoted from pen penfras

Enthusiasm is high, and I have always said I expect a short term increase in fans. My point has always been that there aren't thousands of people who were staying away because of Fenty, and those that do turn up will soon be sat at home again once we stop winning.

You’re avoiding the question PP. What about your claim that ‘lots of those [new/ Trust members] will be exiles who have a new enthusiasm’?

You just can’t bear it can you. People being happy that your leader has gone.
Posted by: Eastendmariner, May 12, 2021, 12:11pm; Reply: 70
I am a member for life  glad to say UTM >:(
Posted by: pen penfras, May 12, 2021, 12:17pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from RonMariner
I wouldn’t be so sure about the sprinklers issue pp. Remember this is the guy that turned off water coolers and urged use of the tap. I also gather from someone who worked at the club that he would come in and turn the chillers off on the bar until just before kick off to save electricity, resulting in warm beer for the customers on match days. He also clambered up the floodlights to save a few quid on a tradesman to change a bulb.

So not allowing sprinklers, and not replacing dud footballs is entirely consistent with the penny pinching short sighted false economies which characterised his regime.

Turning off lights, heating, chillers and climbing up floodlights all make sense. They're tangible things where a cost that isn't needed can be saved. Obviously they need to be turned on to provide the correct service when required, but I don't see how saving electricity can be considered a negative, it's a positive thing for both the environment and costs.

Having dud balls and hard pitch have obvious detrimental impacts. And the timing of these only coming out when we were nigh on certain for relegation, seems suspicious.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, May 12, 2021, 12:18pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from pen penfras

1400 members is not even half of season ticket sales, and lots of those will be exiles that have a new enthusiasm. We're a long way from seeing a significant increase in supporter numbers. Unless season tickets far exceed 3000, then you're not right. And that's a long time away until we know that answer.

Times are changing, you’re being left behind you miserable sod
Posted by: pen penfras, May 12, 2021, 12:24pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You’re avoiding the question PP. What about your claim that ‘lots of those [new/ Trust members] will be exiles who have a new enthusiasm’?

You just can’t bear it can you. People being happy that your leader has gone.

What question? You haven't asked me anything. 1400 members of the mariners trust does not equate to any money or fans turning up to matches. The fact that this still isn't even the record number of trust members doesn't suggest we've unearthed a new following that hasn't been turning up in the past.

I don't care who is running the club, or whether they put pop up sprinklers in or not. I only care about what happens on the pitch, and if we start to see an improvement on that front, then I'll be happy. For now, all this giddiness is just another part of the excitement cycle that I'm not getting worked up about, nor did I when Holloway was appointed, and I won't about anything until we actually have something on the pitch to be excited about.
Posted by: DB, May 12, 2021, 12:33pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from pen penfras

I sat at home having paid my £10, again, to watch that sh!t display against Cambridge, although we were relegated. Why? Because like 99.99% of people on here I am a fan, a supporter who supports the team even though, as you may put it, there was no point as we were going down.

Win, lose or draw a fan is a fan and will always support Town. Good times, bad times, highs and lows, and the forthcoming period of Towns future can only be good.

As for the Trust I joined at the beginning of April and look forward to the benefits that brings. Over 550 more joined since I did and why?, more than likely because 'F' man left.

The future good if you take the dark glasses off.

Posted by: forza ivano, May 12, 2021, 12:35pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from pen penfras

Having dud balls and hard pitch have obvious detrimental impacts. And the timing of these only coming out when we were nigh on certain for relegation, seems suspicious.

You're almost Trumpian in your version of false news
the pitches were dug up ,and are being relaid, within hours, literally hours, of 1878 taking over. Those weren't Fenty decisions, they weren't made just because relegation was confirmed. They were made, and the money spent, because 1878 were the owners and they were shocked by the state of the facilities that they found. The pitches weren't going to undergo the massive expenditure that they are now getting under your mate. Otherwise our haulage manager on here would've been getting the order for sand months, if not years ago.
I'll bet you my mortgage that that decision was made by, and paid for, by 1878.

anyway, i hope you continue you to be happy in your bitter and twisted little world, where you bemoan the loss of the season ticket ledger, and the loss of a £million investment from a convicted fraudster, and how the GTFC world would have been , oh so much better ,under the malign dictatorship of John 'i left no legacy' Fenty
Posted by: barralad, May 12, 2021, 12:53pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from pen penfras

What question? You haven't asked me anything. 1400 members of the mariners trust does not equate to any money or fans turning up to matches. The fact that this still isn't even the record number of trust members doesn't suggest we've unearthed a new following that hasn't been turning up in the past.

I don't care who is running the club, or whether they put pop up sprinklers in or not. I only care about what happens on the pitch, and if we start to see an improvement on that front, then I'll be happy. For now, all this giddiness is just another part of the excitement cycle that I'm not getting worked up about, nor did I when Holloway was appointed, and I won't about anything until we actually have something on the pitch to be excited about.

One of my (many) jobs is to transfer details of new member payments onto the Trust's accounting system. I did a batch at 9.a.m. this morning. In the four hours since then another 17 have joined. This is a week into the new regime. There hasn't been a reaction like this since the very early days of Operation Promotion. Onwards and upwards.
Posted by: DB, May 12, 2021, 1:06pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from pen penfras

I think you will find that members of the trust do equate to money. I as only one member paid £10 to watch a few games, which means I contributed to the income of Town.

Your statement, like many you write, is wrong.

Posted by: RonMariner, May 12, 2021, 1:09pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from pen penfras

Turning off lights, heating, chillers and climbing up floodlights all make sense. They're tangible things where a cost that isn't needed can be saved. Obviously they need to be turned on to provide the correct service when required, but I don't see how saving electricity can be considered a negative, it's a positive thing for both the environment and costs.

There are times when FFS just doesn’t cut it.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 12, 2021, 1:43pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from pen penfras

Not when the people in the room literally can't see what they are doing.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 12, 2021, 1:48pm; Reply: 80
Quoted from pen penfras

Are you senile or deliberately trying to avoid the question. My first post to you on this subject had the following clear pair of questions.

“ So the enthusiasm is only present in exiles is it PP?

Does something happen to your mood when you get outside DN35 and DN31 postcodes?”

I then ASKED you what about the question. So that’s three questions.
Posted by: Garth, May 12, 2021, 3:04pm; Reply: 81
Just joined again 1515
Posted by: ginnywings, May 12, 2021, 3:30pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from Garth
Just joined again 1515

Still got momentum then. Motored on from the 1400 reported last time.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 12, 2021, 3:44pm; Reply: 83
So over half previous season's ticket sales.  ;)
Posted by: Iknowyoursecret, May 12, 2021, 10:41pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from pen penfras

Come on pen what really happened with OP
Posted by: aldi_01, May 13, 2021, 6:09am; Reply: 85
Quoted from Iknowyoursecret

Come on pen what really happened with OP

Erm...removing himself from the rectum of our now ex narcissistic cuntbag owner will be difficult.

OP was a success, that’s a fact but people liked to believe Fenty’s nonsense.

The trust are well aware they were blackmailed by Fenty and realise it cost them dearly. This time around they’ve been named checked positively and not using tokenistic language like previous, hence why people are joining again.
Posted by: lukeo, May 13, 2021, 7:43am; Reply: 86
1,400 is fantastic.. If fans are allowed back in, would it be worth having a member of the trust at each gate promoting themselves and trying to get more involved. I garuntee there is a lot of people who don't come online or know much about how to join the trust
Posted by: Sandford1981, May 13, 2021, 11:32am; Reply: 87
Joined! 👍🏻
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 13, 2021, 12:45pm; Reply: 88
Been a member for a while now. Number 0275. I've also recently joined the 100 club where for a fiver a month you get the chance to win up to £200 a month.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, May 13, 2021, 3:27pm; Reply: 89
What benifits do juniors get for joining the Trust, my daughter signed up the other day but the lady in there didn't seem to know.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 13, 2021, 7:17pm; Reply: 90
Quoted from pen penfras

Turning the sprinklers on and off is pretty irrelevant anyway when you have furloughed the expert who looked after the pitches and let the chief executive "cut the grass" instead. Training facilities , or the players office as it has been known , suffered the same if not worse fate.
That was penny pinching of the seriously short sighted nature......but i guess Holloway made that decision as it seems JF and the board didnt make a decision on anything at all this year according to their recent statement.

Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, May 13, 2021, 7:34pm; Reply: 91
Seem to remember the groundsman saying in the telegraph couple of years back that the last piece of equipment the club bought for the pitch was with the Wembley money from 1998!!
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, October 23, 2021, 10:08am; Reply: 92
Quoted from pen penfras

7,000…!
Posted by: aldi_01, October 23, 2021, 10:34am; Reply: 93
Oh Pen my old Welsh friend…but it was thousands, at least 3500, that’s thousands, more than one, plural, a lot, many more…

Saving electricity is one thing but Fenty’s penny pinching would’ve had little impact on the clubs finances…also, having witnessed it with my own eyes, in the club shop, the way he spoke to people was a flipping disgrace. I literally see him chastise a young girl for leaving a stock room light on.

I know you like the chap but please just crawl out of the mans bottom and acknowledge he was a flipping disgrace…

You say convenient timing regarding equipment? Hardly, perhaps, unlike Mr Fenty, players and officials stuck to the clubs code of conduct and policies and recognised that making those comments would have a detrimental impact on them so here for waited until he left the building…ya know, like what happens in many other walks of life…

He was a girl private, he was useless, and you’re literally on your own these days….you’ve criticised for others for not being able to provide evidence (they have but it wasn’t sufficient to meet your needs) yet here we are without providing evidence again…
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, October 23, 2021, 10:35am; Reply: 94
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

7,000…!

To be fair, we are still winning, so Pen's point will only be disproven when we are going through a bad spell, not winning games and the fans are still turning up in numbers. Which I believe they will.

Posted by: aldi_01, October 23, 2021, 10:38am; Reply: 95
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

To be fair, we are still winning, so Pen's point will only be disproven when we are going through a bad spell, not winning games and the fans are still turning up in numbers. Which I believe they will.

I’m sure he’ll point to Covid and new owners but after being relegated and the abject failure of previous seasons, to shift 3000 season tickets and have a decent size crowd first game without a ball being kicked is good going…
Posted by: Ipswin, October 23, 2021, 10:38am; Reply: 96

7,000…!

How long did you have to go though to find that quote in order to throw it in his face - saddo

Also as he said lets see if we do still get 7000 when we start losing a few (which we will I'm afraid, it's inevitable sometime.)

Posted by: Ipswin, October 23, 2021, 10:40am; Reply: 97
Quoted from aldi_01

I’m sure he’ll point to Covid …

Hurst will probably do that if we get beat today

Posted by: Limerick Mariner, October 23, 2021, 10:52am; Reply: 98
Quoted from Ipswin

How long did you have to go though to find that quote in order to throw it in his face - saddo

Also as he said lets see if we do still get 7000 when we start losing a few (which we will I'm afraid, it's inevitable sometime.)

Maybe a minute…there is a search function on this forum. And yes continue to throw it in the face - it’s taken 10 weeks to add thousands of fans to a level we didn’t even get last time in the championship. Something must have been holding this club back…
Posted by: forza ivano, October 23, 2021, 10:57am; Reply: 99
Quoted from Ipswin

Hurst will probably do that if we get beat today

think that's untrue Ipswin - pretty sure he said in his pre match interview that Covid would not be used as an excuse, as we should have a strong enough squad to cope with a couple of players missing
Posted by: Ipswin, October 23, 2021, 11:01am; Reply: 100
Quoted from forza ivano

think that's untrue Ipswin - pretty sure he said in his pre match interview that Covid would not be used as an excuse, as we should have a strong enough squad to cope with a couple of players missing

I think it all depends on which first choice players are missing and if the replacements drop any almighty balderdash or not, hopefully we will continue this run and he won't need excuses of any sort
Posted by: Ipswin, October 23, 2021, 11:09am; Reply: 101

Maybe a minute…there is a search function on this forum. And yes continue to throw it in the face - it’s taken 10 weeks to add thousands of fans to a level we didn’t even get last time in the championship. Something must have been holding this club back…

Maybe so but I don't think it was the poster of the message in May FFS and I fail to see the point in proving him wrong now and continuing to throw it in his face. Also search function or not you must have had his negative post filed away somewhere so that you could search for it.

The man my be a pillock and clearly the target for many on here but he's right in one respect - we ain't going to get 'full houses' when the unbeaten run ends (unless we are going to do an Arsenal of course)
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, October 23, 2021, 11:12am; Reply: 102
But we did have some long winning runsast time we were in the conference and attendances were never like this so this is clearly something a bit different from last time.
Posted by: Ipswin, October 23, 2021, 11:23am; Reply: 103
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
But we did have some long winning runsast time we were in the conference and attendances were never like this so this is clearly something a bit different from last time.

I don't doubt it, I just don't see the point in sticking it up the daft sod every 5 minutes, everyone knows except him already
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, October 23, 2021, 11:30am; Reply: 104
Quoted from Ipswin

Maybe so but I don't think it was the poster of the message in May FFS and I fail to see the point in proving him wrong now and continuing to throw it in his face. Also search function or not you must have had his negative post filed away somewhere so that you could search for it.

The man my be a pillock and clearly the target for many on here but he's right in one respect - we ain't going to get 'full houses' when the unbeaten run ends (unless we are going to do an Arsenal of course)

Filed in the head yes. Many on here have referred to it - it felt like an insult to the 143 year history of the club, did to me anyway. An excuse for the train wreck that 1878 inherited and the club’s diminished standing in the community. Implying the club was run down because the people that of NE Lincs and the large diaspora weren’t that fussed about it.

Posted by: 1mickylyons, October 23, 2021, 11:44am; Reply: 105
Swin being an exile relies largely on this board for his information so do most other exiles. Those of us living in and around Grimsby can only point you back to when we got Ivano in . I have been going since 79/80 season and the buzz around the town and football club is on a par with anything seen since that time. Tomorrow sees arguably the biggest game in World football and I’ve not heard or seen it mentioned all week . The thousands of Sky Tv armchair fans of these two clubs in particular have set down the remote and they’re all heading to BP. We are in the 5th tier of English football and we’re pulling in more home supporters than we got in the championship . Yes the winning team helps but it’s much much more than this .You go in the ticket office or shop and you genuinely feel welcome rather than an inconvenience . I hope as a long time fan Swin and others get to experience what’s going on here because it’s proper magic and it’s great that the biggest moan now is lack of seats for home supporters. If Lord Fenty was in charge I very much doubt today’s crowd would have topped 4000 so yes extra thousands have turned up . The fact they’ve now turned up 4 home games on the trot is the telling factor and Notts will make it 5 .UTM
Posted by: lukeo, October 23, 2021, 1:13pm; Reply: 106
How do you mute certain posters. Jeeze.

UTM enjoy the game tooday everyone
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, October 23, 2021, 1:26pm; Reply: 107
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Swin being an exile relies largely on this board for his information so do most other exiles. Those of us living in and around Grimsby can only point you back to when we got Ivano in . I have been going since 79/80 season and the buzz around the town and football club is on a par with anything seen since that time. Tomorrow sees arguably the biggest game in World football and I’ve not heard or seen it mentioned all week . The thousands of Sky Tv armchair fans of these two clubs in particular have set down the remote and they’re all heading to BP. We are in the 5th tier of English football and we’re pulling in more home supporters than we got in the championship . Yes the winning team helps but it’s much much more than this .You go in the ticket office or shop and you genuinely feel welcome rather than an inconvenience . I hope as a long time fan Swin and others get to experience what’s going on here because it’s proper magic and it’s great that the biggest moan now is lack of seats for home supporters. If Lord Fenty was in charge I very much doubt today’s crowd would have topped 4000 so yes extra thousands have turned up . The fact they’ve now turned up 4 home games on the trot is the telling factor and Notts will make it 5 .UTM

Think after his antics last season with his mate Alex May or whatever he is called this week we would be lucky to have got 1500 through the gate..
Posted by: aldi_01, October 23, 2021, 1:49pm; Reply: 108
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet

Think after his antics last season with his mate Alex May or whatever he is called this week we would be lucky to have got 1500 through the gate..

I think if Fenty had a managed to bring May in and hollowhead was still here we’d be clinging on to the club for dear life, let alone worrying about 1500 folk in the ground…
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 9:36pm