11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
buckstown
May 12, 2021, 10:11am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,122
Gold Stars: 77
In moments of weakness I find myself partially agreeing with PP occasionally. I agree there aren't thousands of fans who stayed away because of Fenty. However there are a lot who stayed away because of 20 years of drudgery on the pitch, terrible marketing and a poor match day experience, people who might be tempted back if we'd played some sparkling footy, regardless of the level.
They won't rush back, but they will be tempted over time if word gets out that things are improving. It's crucial that the team does well of course because everything else is a sideshow.
By the way, when I said they didn't stay away because of Fenty, lets not forget he was accountable for the performance of the club, so they did really
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 108
Trickytrev
May 12, 2021, 10:16am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +117
The latest from the trust  

https://twitter.com/officialgtfc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 108
ginnywings
May 12, 2021, 10:19am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
You seem to be particularly p1ssed off at the new regime PP. Very bitter for some reason.  

Still surprised at you calling PH a snidey little c.unt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 108
pizzzza
May 12, 2021, 10:30am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,661
Gold Stars: 135
Quoted from pen penfras

and those that do turn up will soon be sat at home again once we stop winning.

Bloody hell, we need to start winning first.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 108
pen penfras
May 12, 2021, 10:52am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -140
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from ginnywings
You seem to be particularly p1ssed off at the new regime PP. Very bitter for some reason.  

Still surprised at you calling PH a snidey little c.unt.

I'm not drunk off or bitter in the slightest. I'm viewing them with a sense of realism that I also did for Fenty, but the bipolar reactions of everything is brilliant or terrible on here apparently means I'm against the new regime because I don't interpret what they've said the same way as others. I read yesterday that somebody thinks they're funding £2million extra into the budget, which doesn't tie up with their statements of us needing to be sustainable.

PH has come out blaming anything and everything to distract from the fact that he messed up when he joined and it took months to recover when a more measured approach would have probably given better results. Blaming the shape of the balls and how hard the training ground are were things that he knew would deflect blame from him, but I don't buy for one second that Fenty was stopping new balls being purchased or telling them they can't turn the sprinklers on in the morning.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 108
ginnywings
May 12, 2021, 11:01am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from pen penfras

I'm not drunk off or bitter in the slightest. I'm viewing them with a sense of realism that I also did for Fenty, but the bipolar reactions of everything is brilliant or terrible on here apparently means I'm against the new regime because I don't interpret what they've said the same way as others. I read yesterday that somebody thinks they're funding £2million extra into the budget, which doesn't tie up with their statements of us needing to be sustainable.

PH has come out blaming anything and everything to distract from the fact that he messed up when he joined and it took months to recover when a more measured approach would have probably given better results. Blaming the shape of the balls and how hard the training ground are were things that he knew would deflect blame from him, but I don't buy for one second that Fenty was stopping new balls being purchased or telling them they can't turn the sprinklers on in the morning.

Well I've heard first hand accounts of him turning off lights and heating, so it wouldn't surprise me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 108
wuffing
May 12, 2021, 11:08am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +788
Gold Stars: 35
I've heard one or two of the staff have got Stockholm syndrome

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 108
RonMariner
May 12, 2021, 11:08am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,011
Gold Stars: 216
I wouldn’t be so sure about the sprinklers issue pp. Remember this is the guy that turned off water coolers and urged use of the tap. I also gather from someone who worked at the club that he would come in and turn the chillers off on the bar until just before kick off to save electricity, resulting in warm beer for the customers on match days. He also clambered up the floodlights to save a few quid on a tradesman to change a bulb.

So not allowing sprinklers, and not replacing dud footballs is entirely consistent with the penny pinching short sighted false economies which characterised his regime.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 108
Southwark Mariner
May 12, 2021, 11:28am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Trickytrev

Haha...I think I'd rather ear-cupping to that

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 108
KingstonMariner
May 12, 2021, 11:33am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from pen penfras

Enthusiasm is high, and I have always said I expect a short term increase in fans. My point has always been that there aren't thousands of people who were staying away because of Fenty, and those that do turn up will soon be sat at home again once we stop winning.

You’re avoiding the question PP. What about your claim that ‘lots of those [new/ Trust members] will be exiles who have a new enthusiasm’?

You just can’t bear it can you. People being happy that your leader has gone.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 108
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.