Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners trust..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 182 Guests

Mariners trust..

This thread currently has 12,265 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
May 13, 2021, 7:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,238
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from pen penfras

Turning off lights, heating, chillers and climbing up floodlights all make sense. They're tangible things where a cost that isn't needed can be saved. Obviously they need to be turned on to provide the correct service when required, but I don't see how saving electricity can be considered a negative, it's a positive thing for both the environment and costs.

Having dud balls and hard pitch have obvious detrimental impacts. And the timing of these only coming out when we were nigh on certain for relegation, seems suspicious.

Turning the sprinklers on and off is pretty irrelevant anyway when you have furloughed the expert who looked after the pitches and let the chief executive "cut the grass" instead. Training facilities , or the players office as it has been known , suffered the same if not worse fate.
That was penny pinching of the seriously short sighted nature......but i guess Holloway made that decision as it seems JF and the board didnt make a decision on anything at all this year according to their recent statement.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 108
TwoLeftFeet
May 13, 2021, 7:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,075
Gold Stars: 18
Seem to remember the groundsman saying in the telegraph couple of years back that the last piece of equipment the club bought for the pitch was with the Wembley money from 1998!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 108
Limerick Mariner
October 23, 2021, 10:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,685
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from pen penfras

Enthusiasm is high, and I have always said I expect a short term increase in fans. My point has always been that there aren't thousands of people who were staying away because of Fenty, and those that do turn up will soon be sat at home again once we stop winning.

7,000…!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 108
aldi_01
October 23, 2021, 10:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Oh Pen my old Welsh friend…but it was thousands, at least 3500, that’s thousands, more than one, plural, a lot, many more…

Saving electricity is one thing but Fenty’s penny pinching would’ve had little impact on the clubs finances…also, having witnessed it with my own eyes, in the club shop, the way he spoke to people was a flipping disgrace. I literally see him chastise a young girl for leaving a stock room light on.

I know you like the chap but please just crawl out of the mans bottom and acknowledge he was a flipping disgrace…

You say convenient timing regarding equipment? Hardly, perhaps, unlike Mr Fenty, players and officials stuck to the clubs code of conduct and policies and recognised that making those comments would have a detrimental impact on them so here for waited until he left the building…ya know, like what happens in many other walks of life…

He was a girl private, he was useless, and you’re literally on your own these days….you’ve criticised for others for not being able to provide evidence (they have but it wasn’t sufficient to meet your needs) yet here we are without providing evidence again…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 108
TheRealJohnLewis
October 23, 2021, 10:35am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

7,000…!

To be fair, we are still winning, so Pen's point will only be disproven when we are going through a bad spell, not winning games and the fans are still turning up in numbers. Which I believe they will.

Private Message
Reply: 94 - 108
aldi_01
October 23, 2021, 10:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

To be fair, we are still winning, so Pen's point will only be disproven when we are going through a bad spell, not winning games and the fans are still turning up in numbers. Which I believe they will.

I’m sure he’ll point to Covid and new owners but after being relegated and the abject failure of previous seasons, to shift 3000 season tickets and have a decent size crowd first game without a ball being kicked is good going…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 108
Ipswin
October 23, 2021, 10:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

7,000…!

How long did you have to go though to find that quote in order to throw it in his face - saddo

Also as he said lets see if we do still get 7000 when we start losing a few (which we will I'm afraid, it's inevitable sometime.)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 108
Ipswin
October 23, 2021, 10:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from aldi_01

I’m sure he’ll point to Covid …

Hurst will probably do that if we get beat today

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 108
Limerick Mariner
October 23, 2021, 10:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,685
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Ipswin

How long did you have to go though to find that quote in order to throw it in his face - saddo

Also as he said lets see if we do still get 7000 when we start losing a few (which we will I'm afraid, it's inevitable sometime.)

Maybe a minute…there is a search function on this forum. And yes continue to throw it in the face - it’s taken 10 weeks to add thousands of fans to a level we didn’t even get last time in the championship. Something must have been holding this club back…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 108
forza ivano
October 23, 2021, 10:57am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,148
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Ipswin

Hurst will probably do that if we get beat today

think that's untrue Ipswin - pretty sure he said in his pre match interview that Covid would not be used as an excuse, as we should have a strong enough squad to cope with a couple of players missing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 108
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners trust..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.