Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners trust..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 383 Guests

Mariners trust..

This thread currently has 12,157 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
malkamalka
May 7, 2021, 11:14am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from pen penfras

Not a lie. It was unanimous that the board accepted May being involved.

It only changed AFTER the backlash from the story. Ask Dave Roberts and John Wood which way they voted the FIRST time this was brought up. If they say they voted against it first time, then they're lying. FACT.

So, you don't want to be a part of the NEW vision of moving forwards, not looking back?

That's your right, but don't bring your negativity on here where the majority just want to move on.

Thanks.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 108
SomeSanity
May 7, 2021, 11:20am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from pen penfras

Not a lie. It was unanimous that the board accepted May being involved.

It only changed AFTER the backlash from the story. Ask Dave Roberts and John Wood which way they voted the FIRST time this was brought up. If they say they voted against it first time, then they're lying. FACT.

It doesn't matter if its true or not, the only fact that matters now is that its in the past. Time to draw a line.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 108
lukeo
May 7, 2021, 11:55am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
Freedom of speech and all of that but I think it's time everyone ignored anything pen penfras says that goes back to the old times trying to make us doubt anything. I'm happy to have debates with anyone on here and I can accept people view things differently but whoever is behind that account has quite frankly (sorry to be rude) bored me since ive started paying attention to his or her user name.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 108
Lincoln Mariner 56
May 7, 2021, 11:58am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,503
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from pen penfras
Interesting how everybody is creaming themselves over the trust now that Fenty has gone. Has something changed?

Also strange how they've managed to escape the May criticism despite both board members voting in favour of him buying those shares in the club.

This could be another false dawn but the change of ownership has given the majority of fans real hope that our fortunes, both on and off the pitch, are about to improve and for the first time there is a belief that the Trust will have a real say and influence upon how the club is run.

What is there to dislike about this? Why knock fans who want to be be part of this positive vibe that’s surrounding our club at what should be one of our lowest ebbs?

You come over as a very bitter and sad fan who can’t comprehend that the club has finally rid itself of the millstone hung around its neck for the last twenty years, John Fenty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 108
Fillipe Noche
May 7, 2021, 12:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from pen penfras
Interesting how everybody is creaming themselves over the trust now that Fenty has gone. Has something changed?

Also strange how they've managed to escape the May criticism despite both board members voting in favour of him buying those shares in the club.

Complete and utter garbage Pen Penfras

The board, including the Mariners Trust board members, were not in a position to vote on May buying shares in the business, because quite simply, he wasn’t eligible to do so because of his criminal record. He would not have passed the football authorities fit and proper person tests in respect of owning £1 million worth of shares in a football club.

His investment and involvement would never have been in respect of shares in the club or board appointment. That was impossible.

His involvement was only ever going to be investment in the Town, in football training facilities, by which GTFC would have benefitted as the attached tenants using that facility, for club, academy and community. As part of the regeneration project

Pen Penfras I think it’s time you drew a line under all of this. You are becoming quite nauseous and quite frankly it’s not needed. It’s a new start now with a clean slate. Move on and please stop belly aching

Filipe
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 108
AndyDarloFC
May 7, 2021, 1:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
I'm not sure if any of you seen on Twitter yesterday, but I'd be willing to contribute to paying a couple of fans membership for the upcoming season if they are not able to do so.

I know how good of a feeling it is to get rid of the negativity from your club and starting fresh with new ideas/positivity.

Just drop me a message & I'll get this sorted  

All the best guys. UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 35 - 108
forza ivano
May 7, 2021, 4:21pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,136
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

The board, including the Mariners Trust board members, were not in a position to vote on May buying shares in the business, because quite simply, he wasn’t eligible to do so because of his criminal record. He would not have passed the football authorities fit and proper person tests in respect of owning £1 million worth of shares in a football club.

His investment and involvement would never have been in respect of shares in the club or board appointment. That was impossible.

His involvement was only ever going to be investment in the Town, in football training facilities, by which GTFC would have benefitted as the attached tenants using that facility, for club, academy and community. As part of the regeneration project

Pen Penfras I think it’s time you drew a line under all of this. You are becoming quite nauseous and quite frankly it’s not needed. It’s a new start now with a clean slate. Move on and please stop belly aching

Filipe

bloody hell - old buddies fighting like rats in a sack  

ps Filipe any more news on those expired Dembele clauses, coz the posh chairman doesn't seem to know about them?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 108
KingstonMariner
May 7, 2021, 4:26pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Leave him/her* alone. He/she has shown remarkable fortitude to come on her to point out everyone’s errors.

* we might have been labouring under a misapprehension that Fillipe is a bloke. It might be pronounced Fiillipa. Not a board member but the partner of one and party to pillow talk perhaps. Not that he/she couldn’t be a partner of a board member and be a bloke.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 108
DB
May 7, 2021, 4:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Filipe

Why should we take notice of you? You were absolutely totally wrong about the Dembele payments, true.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 108
Fillipe Noche
May 7, 2021, 4:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from DB

Why should we take notice of you? You were absolutely totally wrong about the Dembele payments, true.

I think you will find, if you check your history, that I’ve never ever made any claims in respect of  Dembele contract at Peterborough, with regards to us receiving a payment from Posh, in the event that they get promoted  to the Championship whilst Dembele is still at their club.

If you are aware of instance where I have, then by all means show me.

You’ll find that my comments regarding Dembele’s contract were all solely in connection with the period of time written into the contract where a % fee would be payable to Town, in the event he was subsequently sold by Posh.

Shall I sort of accept your apology for this wild and inaccurate accusation without you having to physically write it DB ?

Just saying
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 108
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners trust..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.