Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners trust..
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 332 Guests

Mariners trust..

This thread currently has 12,282 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Eastendmariner
May 12, 2021, 12:11pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +940
Gold Stars: 22
I am a member for life  glad to say UTM

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 108
pen penfras
May 12, 2021, 12:17pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from RonMariner
I wouldn’t be so sure about the sprinklers issue pp. Remember this is the guy that turned off water coolers and urged use of the tap. I also gather from someone who worked at the club that he would come in and turn the chillers off on the bar until just before kick off to save electricity, resulting in warm beer for the customers on match days. He also clambered up the floodlights to save a few quid on a tradesman to change a bulb.

So not allowing sprinklers, and not replacing dud footballs is entirely consistent with the penny pinching short sighted false economies which characterised his regime.

Turning off lights, heating, chillers and climbing up floodlights all make sense. They're tangible things where a cost that isn't needed can be saved. Obviously they need to be turned on to provide the correct service when required, but I don't see how saving electricity can be considered a negative, it's a positive thing for both the environment and costs.

Having dud balls and hard pitch have obvious detrimental impacts. And the timing of these only coming out when we were nigh on certain for relegation, seems suspicious.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 108
Bristol Mariner
May 12, 2021, 12:18pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from pen penfras

1400 members is not even half of season ticket sales, and lots of those will be exiles that have a new enthusiasm. We're a long way from seeing a significant increase in supporter numbers. Unless season tickets far exceed 3000, then you're not right. And that's a long time away until we know that answer.

Times are changing, you’re being left behind you miserable sod

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 108
pen penfras
May 12, 2021, 12:24pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You’re avoiding the question PP. What about your claim that ‘lots of those [new/ Trust members] will be exiles who have a new enthusiasm’?

You just can’t bear it can you. People being happy that your leader has gone.

What question? You haven't asked me anything. 1400 members of the mariners trust does not equate to any money or fans turning up to matches. The fact that this still isn't even the record number of trust members doesn't suggest we've unearthed a new following that hasn't been turning up in the past.

I don't care who is running the club, or whether they put pop up sprinklers in or not. I only care about what happens on the pitch, and if we start to see an improvement on that front, then I'll be happy. For now, all this giddiness is just another part of the excitement cycle that I'm not getting worked up about, nor did I when Holloway was appointed, and I won't about anything until we actually have something on the pitch to be excited about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 108
DB
May 12, 2021, 12:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,998
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from pen penfras

Enthusiasm is high, and I have always said I expect a short term increase in fans. My point has always been that there aren't thousands of people who were staying away because of Fenty, and those that do turn up will soon be sat at home again once we stop winning.

I sat at home having paid my £10, again, to watch that sh!t display against Cambridge, although we were relegated. Why? Because like 99.99% of people on here I am a fan, a supporter who supports the team even though, as you may put it, there was no point as we were going down.

Win, lose or draw a fan is a fan and will always support Town. Good times, bad times, highs and lows, and the forthcoming period of Towns future can only be good.

As for the Trust I joined at the beginning of April and look forward to the benefits that brings. Over 550 more joined since I did and why?, more than likely because 'F' man left.

The future good if you take the dark glasses off.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 108
forza ivano
May 12, 2021, 12:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,167
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from pen penfras

Having dud balls and hard pitch have obvious detrimental impacts. And the timing of these only coming out when we were nigh on certain for relegation, seems suspicious.

You're almost Trumpian in your version of false news
the pitches were dug up ,and are being relaid, within hours, literally hours, of 1878 taking over. Those weren't Fenty decisions, they weren't made just because relegation was confirmed. They were made, and the money spent, because 1878 were the owners and they were shocked by the state of the facilities that they found. The pitches weren't going to undergo the massive expenditure that they are now getting under your mate. Otherwise our haulage manager on here would've been getting the order for sand months, if not years ago.
I'll bet you my mortgage that that decision was made by, and paid for, by 1878.

anyway, i hope you continue you to be happy in your bitter and twisted little world, where you bemoan the loss of the season ticket ledger, and the loss of a £million investment from a convicted fraudster, and how the GTFC world would have been , oh so much better ,under the malign dictatorship of John 'i left no legacy' Fenty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 108
barralad
May 12, 2021, 12:53pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from pen penfras

What question? You haven't asked me anything. 1400 members of the mariners trust does not equate to any money or fans turning up to matches. The fact that this still isn't even the record number of trust members doesn't suggest we've unearthed a new following that hasn't been turning up in the past.

I don't care who is running the club, or whether they put pop up sprinklers in or not. I only care about what happens on the pitch, and if we start to see an improvement on that front, then I'll be happy. For now, all this giddiness is just another part of the excitement cycle that I'm not getting worked up about, nor did I when Holloway was appointed, and I won't about anything until we actually have something on the pitch to be excited about.

One of my (many) jobs is to transfer details of new member payments onto the Trust's accounting system. I did a batch at 9.a.m. this morning. In the four hours since then another 17 have joined. This is a week into the new regime. There hasn't been a reaction like this since the very early days of Operation Promotion. Onwards and upwards.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 108
DB
May 12, 2021, 1:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,998
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from pen penfras

I think you will find that members of the trust do equate to money. I as only one member paid £10 to watch a few games, which means I contributed to the income of Town.

Your statement, like many you write, is wrong.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 108
RonMariner
May 12, 2021, 1:09pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,663
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from pen penfras

Turning off lights, heating, chillers and climbing up floodlights all make sense. They're tangible things where a cost that isn't needed can be saved. Obviously they need to be turned on to provide the correct service when required, but I don't see how saving electricity can be considered a negative, it's a positive thing for both the environment and costs.

There are times when FFS just doesn’t cut it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 108
ginnywings
May 12, 2021, 1:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from pen penfras

Not when the people in the room literally can't see what they are doing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 108
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners trust..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.