Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is it time for John Tondeur to be replaced?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 258 Guests

Is it time for John Tondeur to be replaced?

This thread currently has 12,720 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Son of Cod
February 24, 2021, 1:49pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Shall we try and get the Morecambe lads in?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l84iOUmxJV0&feature=emb_logo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 122
Abdul19
February 24, 2021, 1:58pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from DB
He came out with one of his gems last night:-

We're commentating from our position in the main stand

Where else would you be I thought, you're always in the main stand!

It wasn't until very much later that I thought his comment could have been meant for any Crawley watching.

I think it was to clarify for anyone watching really - he's the opposite side to the camera.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 122
KingstonMariner
February 24, 2021, 2:02pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Croxton
Stop feeding this Troll!  He reels you in times many. Like another episode of that Cornwall fishing programme.

I find it best to turn the telly off when that programme is on. I know otherwise that an hour will fly by.

It’s a shame we can’t switch Boris Johnson off.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 122
Mariner93er
February 24, 2021, 2:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
Like Tondeur but there’s no denying his commentary is regularly way off the mark. Like when waterfall tried tripping their guy when he got through and Tondeur said he thought it was a penalty, but the trip was clearly yards out of the box (you could have seen from the bottom row of the ponny). The other one that stood out was when they hit the bar and he was going on about it being a header when it was clearly a volley from waist height.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 122
TownSNAFU5
February 24, 2021, 2:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
We are progressing if the criticism is of JT rather than the team, manager, Board or Club.

He knows Town and is an experienced commentator.  His idiosyncrasies are part of him and following Town.  Many BBC and ITV broadcasters make big (funny) errors.

For Cup Soccer “Coc-k sucker”.

For organisms “Orgasms”.

For me, JT makes radio commentaries sound as though any Town possession in our own half is a direct and immediate threat to us conceding.  Gives you repeated anxiety and stress listening!

I want him to continue.  I am old enough to remember Charles Eckberg.  He would drive anyone potty!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 122
arryarryarry
February 24, 2021, 2:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from buckstown
I like JT but he did have a bad night last night. On at least two occasions there was a break in commentary and when he “reappeared” he said the ref has given a free kick in a dangerous position but didn’t say who it was for!!
Is he doing the iFollow commentary as well? Dawned on me last night he might be doing radio commentary thinking everyone can see the game

Like I have just mentioned in a previous post, JT is doing what he has always done, commentating for Radio Humberside it is just that the IFollow system takes his commentary live like it does for most of the EFL clubs that have IFollow.

He is working for the BBC as it is they that have banned commentators travelling to away games due to Covid so we have to listen to the home commentary for our away games.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 122
Son of Cod
February 24, 2021, 2:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

For me, JT makes radio commentaries sound as though any Town possession in our own half is a direct and immediate threat to us conceding.  Gives you repeated anxiety and stress listening!

Exactly. It's an accurate reflection of watching Town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 122
Boris Johnson
February 24, 2021, 3:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
We are progressing if the criticism is of JT rather than the team, manager, Board or Club.

He knows Town and is an experienced commentator.  His idiosyncrasies are part of him and following Town.  Many BBC and ITV broadcasters make big (funny) errors.

For Cup Soccer “Coc-k sucker”.

For organisms “Orgasms”.

I want him to continue.  I am old enough to remember Charles Eckberg.  He would drive anyone potty!

his commentary is not of a required standard he is lazy, and does not have  enough knowledge. He has plenty of time to do research, and he does not do it. Whatever he is earning for a living, its tantamount to theft.  Out and Out Now!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 122
sam gy
February 24, 2021, 3:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from oochiad
He has been a great in the past but now especially with the takeover happening I’d love to see a new young commentator taking up the helm......UTM

What has the takeover got to do with anything? He's a commentator for BBC Humberside, he is not employed by the club in any way shape or form.

Must admit, i do find it amusing when everyone bangs on about how negative he's being, when we're literally the worst, or now second worst team in the whole football league and have been losing week in week out. What do you expect!

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 122
pontoonlew
February 24, 2021, 3:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,998
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from GrimRob
There's loads of games he hasn't done this season. Does anyone else think anyone else is better?

As others have said he is sat the other side of the ground from the camera looking from a completely different angle and doing radio commentary intended for people who can't see the game.

The guy who did Cheltenham and Orient away was brilliant to be fair (the results probably helped).

I really enjoy listening when Martin Gritton is co-commentator, properly knowledgeable and likeable. The fact that he seems so invested in Town despite no obvious connection aside from playing for us for a couple of seasons is a credit to him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 122
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is it time for John Tondeur to be replaced?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.