Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is it time for John Tondeur to be replaced?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 200 Guests

Is it time for John Tondeur to be replaced?

This thread currently has 12,714 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
February 25, 2021, 10:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,544
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from DB
Talking of iFollow does anybody know how the £10 is split. I think vat is £1.76 and after that I don't know. Also I wondered how do you find out how many subscribe per match.

The Colchester chairman provided a great breakdown to this earlier in the season, it's also something that's a regular feature on the Price of Football Podcast (which I'd highly recommend as a listen) and a follow on Twitter.

From my memory, the home team keep all the revenue they generate through sales via their own website/feed.  So for the game against Crawley, if we sold 1000 passes, we keep 100% of them.   For sales through the away website/feed, in this case, Crawley, we get the revenue for the first 500 sold.  Anything beyond that first 500 goes to the away side, i.e Crawley.

Earlier in the season figures were banded about in relation to iFollow sales by the club but they've since stopped or I haven't seen them.  Probably timed around when season ticket holders got issued codes.
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 122
Son of Cod
February 25, 2021, 10:51am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from diehardmariner

The Colchester chairman provided a great breakdown to this earlier in the season, it's also something that's a regular feature on the Price of Football Podcast (which I'd highly recommend as a listen) and a follow on Twitter.

From my memory, the home team keep all the revenue they generate through sales via their own website/feed.  So for the game against Crawley, if we sold 1000 passes, we keep 100% of them.   For sales through the away website/feed, in this case, Crawley, we get the revenue for the first 500 sold.  Anything beyond that first 500 goes to the away side, i.e Crawley.

Earlier in the season figures were banded about in relation to iFollow sales by the club but they've since stopped or I haven't seen them.  Probably timed around when season ticket holders got issued codes.

Bradford have been publishing theirs on their Twitter. It's usually around the 2,000-2,5000 mark for them if I remember rightly. Not bad considering their season tickets work out quite a bit cheaper than paying £10 for every home game on iFollow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 122
lee65
February 25, 2021, 10:55am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
To be fair to JT, I think him commentating from the press box while we are viewing video footage shot from high up in the Findus (so more of a "3D" feel) could explain a lot.

The view from the Main Stand is not great, so take the Waterfall "probably should've been a penalty" comment, from where JT was sat he wouldn't really know whether it was 2 yards inside the box or 5 yards outside.

I do agree that he or Crofty should be armed with an iPad to get the replays etc. (and in recent games it has become more regular that Crofty chips in "having just seen it" so maybe someone is sending him clips?)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 122
lee65
February 25, 2021, 11:03am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from DB
Talking of iFollow does anybody know how the £10 is split. I think vat is £1.76 and after that I don't know. Also I wondered how do you find out how many subscribe per match.

I think we get something like £8.40 for all of the "home" fans who buy match by match, and the same for the first 500 away fans (any number above 500 away goes to their Team)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 122
MuddyWaters
February 25, 2021, 11:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
JT is being listened to far more than ever before because we aren't at the games and it's unfair to expect a local radio commentator to become a TV commentator as well.

Let's be reasonable - as soon as we can, we'll be watching games not listening to JT - give him a break.
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 122
DB
February 25, 2021, 11:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from DB

Thanks to all who answered my question. It's good to know that the bulk of the price goes into Towns bank.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 122
DB
February 25, 2021, 11:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from It Bites
Perhaps Fillipe was right . This place is full of bullies . No wonder Mr Fenty is running scared of you lot 🙄

Fillipe calls him John insinuating a friend.

You call him Mr Fenty, an employee perhaps is the reason you defend him. Why is stating that under his control that the club has not cleared the loans to him, although the tax man was paid, the club went from championship level to National league and is now in peril of dropping back their called bullying

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 122
Mallyner
February 25, 2021, 11:49am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from lee65
To be fair to JT, I think him commentating from the press box while we are viewing video footage shot from high up in the Findus (so more of a "3D" feel) could explain a lot.

The view from the Main Stand is not great, so take the Waterfall "probably should've been a penalty" comment, from where JT was sat he wouldn't really know whether it was 2 yards inside the box or 5 yards outside.

I do agree that he or Crofty should be armed with an iPad to get the replays etc. (and in recent games it has become more regular that Crofty chips in "having just seen it" so maybe someone is sending him clips?)

I agree with Lee here.

In the past when I have heard JT commentating on the radio, his was my only form of contact with the game; and as couldn't see the action I relied on him. My only criticism on that media was, he seemed to make out we were under the cosh as soon as the opponents came out of their own area, which did nothing for my heart rate.

Commentating on a visual station is different and like they do on Sky Sports, the people who are at the grounds all have technology to watch the game on. I have watched all but one game this season and generally the camera is at a far higher position than the commentary box and often on the other side of the ground. So, when we see a piece of action in a corner on JT's side, he cannot see that.

I do like Crofty's input.

Let us hope for a win on Saturday. UTM  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 122
Perkins
February 25, 2021, 12:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
For the attention of John Tondeur:

JT,  I know you read the fishy, and if you are reading this thread, please ignore the comments of the couple of cretins who i doubt would have the ability, vocabulary or intelligence to commentate on a school playground game of marbles.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 122
Humbercod
February 25, 2021, 2:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Well said Perkins👏
Hopefully Lord Tondeur of Blundell Park will be here for many more seasons to come.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 122
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is it time for John Tondeur to be replaced?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.