Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is it time for John Tondeur to be replaced?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 266 Guests

Is it time for John Tondeur to be replaced?

This thread currently has 12,698 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
oochiad
February 24, 2021, 12:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,686
Gold Stars: 27
Oh come on guys, he’s like Macca, past his best. It’s difficult enough watching town but with the added negativity and seeing things that don’t happen from JT are really spoiling the match experience for many people now. It’s mentioned by many on social media after every match so I think it’s definitely not just a few anymore......He has been a great in the past but now especially with the takeover happening I’d love to see a new young commentator taking up the helm......UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 122
Morris Minor
February 24, 2021, 12:22pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -606
Gold Stars: 12
Where's Charles Ekburg?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 122
ginnywings
February 24, 2021, 12:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Morris Minor
Where's Charles Ekburg?

In the mouth of the Humber.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 122
Boris Johnson
February 24, 2021, 12:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Morris Minor
Where's Charles Ekburg?

what Charles 'no one cares about Rugby League' Ekberg....

top bloke charlie
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 122
meggietown
February 24, 2021, 12:28pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 3
I had to turn the volume to mute last night.his commentry was horrendous last night.im afraid to say he should look at retiring from the microphone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 122
diehardmariner
February 24, 2021, 12:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,428
Gold Stars: 532
I thought both Tondeur and Croft were far too critical of a lot of the players earlier in the season, especially Gibson who they seemed to have it in for.   But that's eased a bit and whilst still a bit dour and negative at times (aren't we all?) they've perked up a bit and tried to be more positive.

They're still commentating for radio.  It's a different kettle of fish altogether.  Doing it for radio you're trying to paint the full picture for everyone listening, you're literally the eyes of the listener.  When doing it for TV it's about accompanying the pictures and maybe adding a bit of context.    iFollow are picking up the Humberside feed, nothing more.  

What we've got is someone syncing the visual feed with the audio and hoping it works.  But it won't.  It would be like listening to a TV commentator without the actual visual feed, it would sound crap.   Whilst the sound is synced the best it can with the video, even the slightest delay will make it feel poor.  

Added to this Tondeur and Croft are sitting in a totally different position and angle to the camera feed.  They're going to see the game differently from us.  Yeah, it's annoying when they get players wrong but it's hardly a great view from the press box.  
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 122
DB
February 24, 2021, 12:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,975
Gold Stars: 386
He came out with one of his gems last night:-

We're commentating from our position in the main stand

Where else would you be I thought, you're always in the main stand!

It wasn't until very much later that I thought his comment could have been meant for any Crawley watching.

Another gem was at Colchester, the pitch had been cleared of snow and the match was underway. After about 20 mins. he said

There's snow on the far side of the pitch, which if you hadn't been watching, infers that it was snowing!

I think he does a reasonable job, drops the odd clanger which Crofty bails him out of. At the end of the day you don't know what you've got till it's gone, as the saying goes.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 122
pen penfras
February 24, 2021, 12:40pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
His commentating is rubbish. I can't stand Burns, but when he's commentated, it's much more objective and coherent. The 3 times I've listened to the other team's commentary, it has been much better, although biased against us, than JT.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 122
thevera
February 24, 2021, 12:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Boris Johnson
Last night was appalling, again not able to recognise players, ridiculous awareness of positional play, time for change.

i only recognised two Hess and Tilley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 122
Croxton
February 24, 2021, 12:46pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
Stop feeding this Troll!  He reels you in times many. Like another episode of that Cornwall fishing programme.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 122
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is it time for John Tondeur to be replaced?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.