Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What is success for us ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 307 Guests

What is success for us ?

This thread currently has 7,221 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
grimps
December 5, 2020, 7:09pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,095
Gold Stars: 46
Every season we seem to have a few on here try and manage our expectations and tell us not to expect too much ect .
Every season I expect us to get promoted but it seems that the leadership of our club seem more happy with Finishing 3rd from bottom ,  making a profit , balancing books and paying off 20 year old loans to himself.
How does a club like ours that has twice the fans and could have a hell of a lot more fan base if we ever had any success  , continue to struggle against teams Taking half the gate receipts but still  paying more money to players Than us ?

We’ve not spent any real money on the ground for 25 years despite desperately needing a new one , we’ve not spent any money on the team which continues to show every year as it gets even worse.

I’ve actually been a Fenty supporter for years but the more I think about it we’re continuing to struggle purely because he wants his money back.
Success to the management of this club seems to be paying that debt off
Logged Offline
Private Message
CodHead
December 5, 2020, 7:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +169
Quoted from grimps
Every season we seem to have a few on here try and manage our expectations and tell us not to expect too much ect .
Every season I expect us to get promoted but it seems that the leadership of our club seem more happy with Finishing 3rd from bottom ,  making a profit , balancing books and paying off 20 year old loans to himself.
How does a club like ours that has twice the fans and could have a hell of a lot more fan base if we ever had any success  , continue to struggle against teams Taking half the gate receipts but still  paying more money to players Than us ?

We’ve not spent any real money on the ground for 25 years despite desperately needing a new one , we’ve not spent any money on the team which continues to show every year as it gets even worse.

I’ve actually been a Fenty supporter for years but the more I think about it we’re continuing to struggle purely because he wants his money back.
Success to the management of this club seems to be paying that debt off

Survival

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 73
denni266
December 5, 2020, 7:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
What is  success  its been long
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 73
KingstonMariner
December 5, 2020, 7:13pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from CodHead

Survival

I don't see any existential threat to Grimsby Town FC. Someone's done very well to persuade people that there is.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 73
grimps
December 5, 2020, 7:15pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I don't see any existential threat to Grimsby Town FC. Someone's done very well to persuade people that there is.

I get the same feeling , we’ve not really made any losses for years and lots of clubs are supposedly worse run than ours , why is our team excrement and our ground crap then ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 73
sonofmadeleymariner
December 5, 2020, 7:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
I said at start of the season before we started making signings I would be happy to be midtable maybe flirting around the playoffs. Saw the signings and was always going to be happy with midtable.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 73
Dan
December 5, 2020, 7:31pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Tories in charge = austerity.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 73
grimps
December 5, 2020, 7:31pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
I said at start of the season before we started making signings I would be happy to be midtable maybe flirting around the playoffs. Saw the signings and was always going to be happy with midtable.

So when would we date to start expecting promotion or even a team that can challenge for the top half of the table ?
Are we expected to wait another 10-20 years hoping for mid table at best ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 73
Swansea_Mariner
December 5, 2020, 7:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
The current regime's record is shocking the stats prove it, look it up. I think we've managed 13 out of the 15 worst league position finishes since WW2 under JF.

So in 15 years we've been almost exclusively worse than the previous 60. It's so bad its almost impossible to comprehend.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 73
wuffing
December 5, 2020, 7:49pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +833
Gold Stars: 38
This is a Bee Gee season: 'stayin'alive.

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 73
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What is success for us ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.