Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What is success for us ?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 270 Guests

What is success for us ?

This thread currently has 7,223 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
December 6, 2020, 12:33pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I’m not saying we should chip in. I chose not to do that this Summer when the appeal went out. Not after the previous way fans efforts have been regarded.

It’d be a different matter if the Trust were to come out and say we have a deliberate strategy to wrest control of the club from Fenty (and not sell it to any passing Mickey Mouse American entrepreneur). The money should go into a fund ready for when the time is right. Part of any deal should be that he gives those shares back that the Trust foolishly gave him. He shouldn’t get a penny for those.

I didn't think I'd have to remind you that those shares were "foolishly gifted" to JF by the result of a democratic vote of the then members and by a huge majority.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 73
Swansea_Mariner
December 6, 2020, 1:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from ginnywings

Think it's more than that isn't it? According to a recent thread on here?

Honestly if a fan group were to raise anything like 1.4m I think it would be totally untenable for him to not accept that as the purchase price. There's just no way he could justify not accepting being played off, its effectively a total rejection by his customer base.

These larger numbers being banded out imply that every shareholder will want to sell, which is imho far from the case. The trust and all the small shareholders are unlikely to do anything that would negatively impact a fan consortium buy out.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 73
lew chaterleys lover
December 6, 2020, 2:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,661
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from barralad

I didn't think I'd have to remind you that those shares were "foolishly gifted" to JF by the result of a democratic vote of the then members and by a huge majority.

Presumably, the Trust board members recommended that course of action? I think foolishly gifted is about right.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 73
Quagmire
December 6, 2020, 3:03pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from barralad

Considering Fenty's threat to sell Liam Hearn unless he got what he wanted, there was only one way the vote was going to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 73
rancido
December 6, 2020, 3:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,533
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Dan
Tories in charge = austerity.

1945 to the early 1950's -  Labour in charge with austerity and rationing !

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 73
ginnywings
December 6, 2020, 4:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from rancido

1945 to the early 1950's -  Labour in charge with austerity and rationing !

Yeah, pesky World War.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 73
fishboyUTM
December 6, 2020, 4:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,070
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from ginnywings

Think it's more than that isn't it? According to a recent thread on here?

Bloody hell, is it? I think he's taken £400k out over the last couple of years. I'm talking about the loan debt to him. There's his shares as well which are considerable of course.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 73
Bigdog
December 6, 2020, 4:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
What is success for us?

Well the line that used to be rolled out was that we weren't Stockport County. Regrouped and currently going well in the Conference with four games in hand and also in the third round of the FA Cup with a home tie against West Ham. They're not mentioned as a yardstick nowadays so Bury will have to do..

According to Philip Day last year, our rightful place, that is average club performance wise, is top half League One. They were his exact words. So even our chairman must admit that our JF led football club has been way off expected average performance at any time under JF's stewardship and every single season way below Philip Day's expectations for where our club should be..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 73
rancido
December 6, 2020, 4:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,533
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from ginnywings

Yeah, pesky World War.

Maybe but they maintained austerity for at least five years and rationing wasn't phased out until 1954 when the Conservatives were back in power.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 73
HertsGTFC
December 6, 2020, 8:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Bigdog
What is success for us?

Well the line that used to be rolled out was that we weren't Stockport County. Regrouped and currently going well in the Conference with four games in hand and also in the third round of the FA Cup with a home tie against West Ham. They're not mentioned as a yardstick nowadays so Bury will have to do..

According to Philip Day last year, our rightful place, that is average club performance wise, is top half League One. They were his exact words. So even our chairman must admit that our JF led football club has been way off expected average performance at any time under JF's stewardship and every single season way below Philip Day's expectations for where our club should be..

The fact that Phil Day uses terms like “rightful place” just illustrated what a bell chopper he is.

We’re now in our rightful place, a place that’s been “achieved” by a a board who has consistently repelled anyone who has shown an interest in the betterment of GTFC and failed to add talent and finance to their inner cabal they have the temerity to call a board.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What is success for us ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.