Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What is success for us ?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 192 Guests

What is success for us ?

This thread currently has 7,240 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Swansea_Mariner
December 7, 2020, 8:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
£0 to buy players and pay wages which is the same as the current  board investment.

Seriously though if a fan consortium took over I think it would be with a view to bringing in more outside investment to fund a stadium. Investors are out there just look at Wrexham.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 73
jaygy
December 7, 2020, 9:10am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Even if I had the money to pay JF off I'd seriously think twice about giving him it, why does he feel he is entitled to his money back after all these years of failure and dining out on the fact that he has been head of our beloved club? The fans have been the heart of this club a lot longer than he has been around and have dug deep into their pockets numerous times but don't expect anything back! I dont dislike JF but the day he signed this club up to his loans instead of just funding a club out of his pocket he lost all respect from me. Walk away now Fenty and let us start a fresh chapter!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 73
pen penfras
December 7, 2020, 9:30am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
3 months ago, the vast majority were in agreement that survival both financially and in the EFL were the targets for this year. We are just about on track to do both, it's not pretty and we're not playing well, but there are positives to some of our performances.

I think we can have some optimism that as long as we stay out of a dog fight, the experience gained by our young players will stand us in good stead for the next few years. Crewe were fantastic last season after a couple of poor seasons with their young players, but as they matured, so did the performances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 73
Henryscat
December 7, 2020, 10:48am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Quoted from Henryscat

300 x 4000 = 1.2 so we’re 200k short but another £50 each will do it.

Right that’s the loans paid off. How much each to buy players/pay wages/build the new ground?

I see this has been red crossed a couple of times.

I’d like to point out I’m for the idea but parting with £350 of my hard earned is just the start, and you have to find 3,999 more people willing to part.

Even with the current input from the board of zero each we have to remember that Fenty still has shares, Day still has shares, Jacob Marley still has shares etc - what price are those divided by 4,000??

Also if we continue with zero input will we not just still be stagnant and defeating the object?? My question regarding further investment from each of the 4,000 is perfectly valid.

So let’s say we get 4,000 and we’re all willing to part with a grand - that’s 4m which is probably more of a realistic figure. What then?? We search for outside investment?? What does each of our £1,000 get us other than change at the top??

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What is success for us ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.