Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What is success for us ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 305 Guests

What is success for us ?

This thread currently has 7,222 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
December 5, 2020, 9:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,883
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from ginnywings

By having a side good enough to not go out in round 1 every season.

Evidently... and as of this point in time success is EFL survival.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 73
MuddyWaters
December 5, 2020, 9:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from HertsGTFC

And a succession of televised cup runs.

You win games by investing in decent players like Padraig Amond, by not offering pay cuts in contracts like we did to Padraig Amond. By not being penny rich and pound thick in order to get your loan money back. The money spent on Newell, Rodger, Woods, Scott, Bignot, Buckley mark3, Jolley, players like Linwood, Proudlock and Colon.

You build a club by investing not penny pinching. By involving fans not criticising them. By engaging not taking the urine.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 73
TownSNAFU5
December 5, 2020, 9:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,860
Gold Stars: 42
Well, in NL we did not always get as far as the FAC round 1.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 73
HertsGTFC
December 5, 2020, 9:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,883
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You win games by investing in decent players like Padraig Amond, by not offering pay cuts in contracts like we did to Padraig Amond. By not being penny rich and pound thick in order to get your loan money back. The money spent on Newell, Rodger, Woods, Scott, Bignot, Buckley mark3, Jolley, players like Linwood, Proudlock and Colon.

You build a club by investing not penny pinching. By involving fans not criticising them. By engaging not taking the urine.

Yes I agree, and replacing Jamil Matt with Kevin Ellison. Part of their success is down to playing to a blue print that suits your level something we’ve not done ironically since Hurst left.

Just a footnote on Amond he’s a great player at this level and that was the biggest mistake we’ve made in years but Hurst and the club went against policy and offered him a new deal mid way through a non league season and he told us to do one.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again I get that there will always be a limit how much a Director can personally put into a club but the fact that the Tory boys who have built there own personal wealth by being “entrepreneurs” and investing in their own futures haven’t had the same agenda with GTFC is something they should be held accountable for ....... at the moment though in reality there is nobody in a position to bring them to account.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 73
aldi_01
December 5, 2020, 9:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
In all seriousness, how do people actually defend and support Fenty? Like other than using bullshit ‘he saved us, we wouldn’t be here without him’ nonsense rhetoric?

The man is a flipping disaster and here we are again genuinely staring down relegation out the league...he’s meant to have taken a step back but that’s clearly not true. We have a chairman who is literally pulled by Fenty and a board that are ineffective and so backward thinking they’re probably sat drinking pints of mild and moaning about decimalisation.

I’m sure about Holloway but with a bird that have zero ambition it’s irrelevant who’s in charge really because clearly existing is more important than anything else.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 73
MuddyWaters
December 5, 2020, 9:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from aldi_01
In all seriousness, how do people actually defend and support Fenty? Like other than using bullshit ‘he saved us, we wouldn’t be here without him’ nonsense rhetoric?

The man is a flipping disaster and here we are again genuinely staring down relegation out the league...he’s meant to have taken a step back but that’s clearly not true. We have a chairman who is literally pulled by Fenty and a board that are ineffective and so backward thinking they’re probably sat drinking pints of mild and moaning about decimalisation.

I’m sure about Holloway but with a bird that have zero ambition it’s irrelevant who’s in charge really because clearly existing is more important than anything else.

People defend him because they know no different. There’s been a number of factual posts on here tonight that have been routinely red crossed by Team Fenty because they don’t like the truth. It’s uncomfortable to them.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 73
KingstonMariner
December 5, 2020, 11:17pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimps

I get the same feeling , we’ve not really made any losses for years and lots of clubs are supposedly worse run than ours , why is our team excrement and our ground crap then ?

Because we are living well within our means and paying off old debts.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 73
KingstonMariner
December 5, 2020, 11:21pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

Seems we've both changed our positions the same night Pete, I have after seeing that performance tonight, play like that and we'll be OK. What happened to your 'in Ollie we trust'?

Maybe there’s always got to be a balance in Suffolk. When you get positive Pete has to go negative to maintain the eternal equilibrium. It’s a Yin and Yang thing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 73
KingstonMariner
December 5, 2020, 11:22pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Newport’s success is down to fan involvement and ownership.

Judging by the red crosses, the fans don’t agree with you. They don’t have confidence in Grimsby people.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 73
grimps
December 6, 2020, 2:02am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,096
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Judging by the red crosses, the fans don’t agree with you. They don’t have confidence in Grimsby people.

Our only trust involvement was to stab one of the few men that invested in the club with no strings and hand his gifted shares over to Fenty .
This club from top to bottom is full of nodding donkeys.
You can’t even blame the players or the manger this time , we’ve got what we’ve paid for .
When we was non league my mates who was a scout for Twon at the time always said we was 100-200 k short of promotion every season , that was exactly the amount we raised in the season we went up .
What’s the point of chipping in these days when the money is just being taken out and going to pay off Fenty ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What is success for us ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.