Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gimps Top.....Aghhhh
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 87 Guests

Gimps Top.....Aghhhh

This thread currently has 33,560 views. Print
20 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
February 5, 2021, 6:43pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,658
Gold Stars: 226
Promotion and cup double?

Been there, done  that, got the T shirt.

Not in front of an empty stadium either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 199
ginnywings
February 5, 2021, 7:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,107
Gold Stars: 548
Gills 0 Lincoln 3

I'm over the moon  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 199
NorfolkImp
February 5, 2021, 8:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -514
Gold Stars: 11
Not at our best, but stood up well to the aerial onslaught, denied a superb sweeping fourth goal by an incompetent linesman .... hardest possible draw in the Trophy away at Sunderland, but the double is still on 🙏🏼

Private Message
Reply: 122 - 199
chelseacity
February 5, 2021, 8:42pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +364
Gold Stars: 9
You have to give Lincoln City credit, in the non league with us & now on the verge of promotion to the Championship, what a change, i salute them & i only wish we had people at our club with a fraction of what the Imps have, am i jealous, yes, but i give the whole of their club nothing but admiration & a round of applause.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 199
NorfolkImp
February 5, 2021, 8:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from chelseacity
You have to give Lincoln City credit, in the non league with us & now on the verge of promotion to the Championship, what a change, i salute them & i only wish we had people at our club with a fraction of what the Imps have, am i jealous, yes, but i give the whole of their club nothing but admiration & a round of applause.

Cheers for that, it’s the Buckley-esque brand of play that has everyone drooling 🤤

Private Message
Reply: 124 - 199
lew chaterleys lover
February 5, 2021, 8:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Cheers for that, it’s the Buckley-esque brand of play that has everyone drooling 🤤

Don't push your luck.  
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 199
jaygy
February 5, 2021, 9:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Well done to you guys for pushing on an achieving what you have over the last few years but don't you have your own forum?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 199
Cambridgefish
February 6, 2021, 9:49am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: -12
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from chelseacity

They lost £2m the year before and nearly £1m last year despite getting £1m for the Cowleys from Huddersfield. It appears to be funded from the directors rather than an overdraft but as Mrs Thatcher said "You can only spend what you earn"

I am aware of the alternative "You've got to speculate to accumulate" so what do I know. They will survive and do well or it will all end in tears. Interesting times.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 199
mariner91
February 6, 2021, 10:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,625
Gold Stars: 260
What Lincoln have done fantastically is use the momentum that was built up when they got the Cowleys. Obviously there has been a bit of luck along the way such as their initial cup run. I doubt if they ever played Ipswich again they'd play as badly as they did that night in the FA Cup for example. Would their attendances have increased as much as they did without the cup run? Perhaps not, their attendances in the league never got over 4000 until they beat Oldham in the FA cup and set up a "big" (at the time) match against Ipswich. And we will always be able to laugh a little bit at their "die-hard" fans who will all claim to have stuck by the club through thick and thin. We all know that they brought less than 500 to a local derby on a bank holiday on a couple of years before they got promoted and never had more than 3500 home fans for the reverse fixture either. So clearly a huge percentage of them are lying about that and only came back when they started improving. Most of us on here will always have the moral high ground that we've actually stuck by the club over 15 years of absolute dross.

However, moving away from that. What a success story. Fantastic appointment initially with the Cowleys. But the board's interaction with the fans, creating a sense of unity and togetherness and making Sincil Bank the place to go in Lincoln on a Saturday afternoon should not be overlooked. They have done everything almost perfectly off the pitch and it's something that really highlights what an abject failure John Fenty has been. Even this season, the appointment of Appleton seems to have been a masterstroke and they're flying playing, whisper it quietly, actually pretty good football for the first time in their history.

Right now they are on a high and I genuinely wish their long suffering fans (the ones who actually bothered sticking by the club) all the best. Let's hope that it can act as a blue print for our own new board and this plus their business know-how can help to propel us back towards the level we feel we belong. There is no doubt in my mind that a bit of success and a change in direction within the club could see us getting decent attendances again. This may help us to start climbing the leagues for the first time in two decades but it's going to take a bit of time and a lot of hard work. And we could do far worse than looking down the A46 for some inspiration and ideas.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 199
NorfolkImp
February 26, 2021, 10:33am
Brandy Drinker
Latest update:

The AGM and Fans Forum were very well run last night, albeit on a digital platform. It appears to be in stark contrast to certain neighbours who recently announced that theirs would be held with a quorum of just two shareholders?!! 🤔

Voting on the accounts which, like all the other ordinary resolutions were carried with thumping majorities, it was then announced that Michael Appleton has signed a new 4 year Contract tying his future to the club until 2025. This is wonderful news considering the recent speculation linking him to the Bristol City job and others.

The AGM was introduced by the charismatic Sam Ashoo from Matchday Live who then skilfully chaired the Fans Forum, choosing intelligent questions and keeping the momentum of the evening going during which we also learned that players Remy Howarth and Anthony Scully have also signed new contracts.

I should also add that Collab hosted the whole event professionally and with admirable efficiency.

Championship football on the horizon anyone?

Private Message
Reply: 129 - 199
20 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gimps Top.....Aghhhh

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.