Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gimps Top.....Aghhhh
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 242 Guests

Gimps Top.....Aghhhh

This thread currently has 33,551 views. Print
20 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
exiledmeggie
May 1, 2021, 7:05pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / -6
Approval: -221
Gold Stars: 18
I had to laugh, but still, the first time in years they throw away a three-goal lead and still can count the goals in the game with one hand!

Living in Exile since 1980, but still have Black and White blood!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 199
promotion plaice
May 1, 2021, 7:13pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Why on gods earth would you go on another clubs message board? That’s just weird

I only go on it to read a long standing thread they have running about us out of interest what they have to say, what's wrong with that.

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/our-fishy-friends.111075/

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 199
aldi_01
May 1, 2021, 8:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from promotion plaice

I only go on it to read a long standing thread they have running about us out of interest what they have to say, what's wrong with that.

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/our-fishy-friends.111075/

Somewhat ironic...

In all seriousness, aside from them not being a real rival, not to me anyway, surely they’re a club we should be reaching out to and seeing how they made changes to move the club forward...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 199
NorfolkImp
May 2, 2021, 9:11am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -504
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from aldi_01

Somewhat ironic...

In all seriousness, aside from them not being a real rival, not to me anyway, surely they’re a club we should be reaching out to and seeing how they made changes to move the club forward...

Out of interest are we still behind ...

Sheff Weds
Sheff Utd
Barnsley
West Brom
Stoke
Hull
Scunthorpe

.... in the rivalry pecking order, have I missed anyone off?

Private Message
Reply: 173 - 199
moosey_club
May 2, 2021, 9:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from aldi_01

Somewhat ironic...

As part of a thesis I am working on for my masters I have already been in contact with them over the last few months on this subject.
Their commercial team were very helpful and whilst there are many varied reasons and parts to their success / expansion  they all stem from a single focal point, mantra almost..
" Do the opposite of what that fishmonger told us "

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 199
ginnywings
May 2, 2021, 9:40am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Out of interest are we still behind ...

Sheff Weds
Sheff Utd
Barnsley
West Brom
Stoke
Hull
Scunthorpe

.... in the rivalry pecking order, have I missed anyone off?

Yes, way behind.

Growing up, I saw Lincoln as that posh town up the road that had a football team. More akin to Boston in a footballing sense. You were not on my radar, nor were Donny, even though they are dirty Yorkies.

Can't speak for the younger generation, but the success of Lincoln hasn't rankled anywhere near as much as the success of Scunny and Hull.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 199
NorfolkImp
May 2, 2021, 9:50am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Yes, way behind.

Growing up, I saw Lincoln as that posh town up the road that had a football team. More akin to Boston in a footballing sense. You were not on my radar, nor were Donny, even though they are dirty Yorkies.

Can't speak for the younger generation, but the success of Lincoln hasn't rankled anywhere near as much as the success of Scunny and Hull.

Posh? Blimey, I’ll mention that to old mates who grew up on Birchwood, Ermine, St Giles and on Wecky Drive 😁

Private Message
Reply: 176 - 199
NorfolkImp
May 2, 2021, 9:54am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from exiledmeggie
I had to laugh, but still, the first time in years they throw away a three-goal lead and still can count the goals in the game with one hand!

Well I’m sure if you’ve seen the highlights, the 96th minute penalty awarded, which is quite possibly the worst decision I’ve ever seen in 45 years of watching football ... will have cheered you up no end, in a time of woe.

Private Message
Reply: 177 - 199
dapperz fun pub
May 2, 2021, 9:59am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Posh? Blimey, I’ll mention that to old mates who grew up on Birchwood, Ermine, St Giles and on Wecky Drive 😁

Lincoln is very similar to gy and in truth maybe worse my mates wife is a senior social worker and as worked in both areas and she reckons Lincoln is worse than north east Lincs in lots of aspects saying that though she said Hull smashes us both out of the park
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 199
ginnywings
May 2, 2021, 10:00am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Well yeah, I know differently now, but any mention or sighting of Lincoln when I were a lad was the Cathedral district and when you live in a working class town with Grim in the title, even Lincoln seemed posh, rather than the truth, which is another northern sh1thole with some nice bits.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 199
20 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gimps Top.....Aghhhh

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.