Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Carlisle (H) Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 429 Guests

Carlisle (H) Match Thread

This thread currently has 25,012 views. Print
20 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Henryscat
October 24, 2020, 5:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Quoted from Croxton

If you mean me then you must think Crofty is a girl private too?

No I didn’t mean you

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 191
FishOutOfWater
October 24, 2020, 5:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from grimsby pete
We got a point and the scunts lost happy days  

That's it Pete A glass half full.... not going to disagree with that at all  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 161 - 191
moosey_club
October 24, 2020, 5:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Oly1987
Wasteful I think is the best way to describe the game. We were absolutely awful from set pieces aside from the one half decent one that resulted in the goal.

Hope the injuries to Clifton and Tilley aren't too serious.

Morton and Taylor were pretty anonymous, nothing terrible but nothing too brilliant either.

Williams was pretty terrible today. Just wasn't in great positions to get the ball and when he did his passing and set pieces weren't up to scratch.

When Green came on we looked much more threatening on the left with his hold up play being a particular highlight.

Hope looked very lost when he first came on. Grew into the game a bit but I dont think he's knocking on the door of a first team spot.

Windsor showed a lot of spirit and some good touches but seemed to want to run away from the goal when he did get the ball.

Not suprised Hope looked a little lost......it was Starbuck  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 191
golfer
October 24, 2020, 5:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Henryscat
There really are some girl privates on this board.

More on the pitch
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 191
grimsby pete
October 24, 2020, 5:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

That's it Pete A glass half full.... not going to disagree with that at all  

UTM

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 191
TownSNAFU5
October 24, 2020, 6:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
Prem teams get caught out playing it around at the back.  Why do we do it? We are not good enough.

Our passing and crossing still needs to improve.  We give so many free kicks away that invite direct pressure on our goal.

I usually use a moderate tone when talking about players.  However, I am exactly with Rancido on Macca.  Being a long and loyal servant of the club is irrelevant.  2 basic unavoidable awful errors have given the opposition 2 goals which effectively cost us 4 points in less than a week.

Making worldie saves is also irrelevant in my view.  Such saves only highlight the massive performance difference from the inexplicable and unexplainable member-ups.  

The analogy being the frustration anyone would feel about a maths professor who could not add 2 plus 2.

Kicking is his weak area.  A key part of a keeper’s role these days.  I would like to see a serious challenge to his place from a viable alternative.  

(Macca has always been prone to making inexplicable errors that result in goals.  Anyone remember that friendly against Sheff Wed, I think?  Macca kicked the ball out of his hands at the Pontoon end.  It ricocheted against their attacker in front of him straight into the net).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 191
golfer
October 24, 2020, 6:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
Morton, Taylor, Starbuck, Williams scored 8/10  -------------------------------2 each
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 191
Boris Johnson
October 24, 2020, 6:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
pretty poor for me today....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 191
Sussexmariner
October 24, 2020, 6:25pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from ska face

Not sure about that. He’s guaranteed to throw one in probably 3-4 times a season in a manner you’d expect a keeper to only do once in a career. He’s rash, too slow across his line from distance, poor in the air and doesn’t inspire confidence.

I’d be more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt if he hadn’t spat his dummy out over Henderson and then again after Jolley’s first season.

Spot on.
Don’t forget if Ollie wants to get another keeper Macca will throw his toys out the pram and threaten to leave the club, so I hope all you Macca fanboys are ready for this.

I’ve always said he’s a decent non league keeper, a good shot stopper but poor on crosses and very poor distribution and now Ollie clearly wants us to play from the back his flaws are plainly there to see, time and time again passing to defenders who are clearly not in a safe position to receive the ball i.e poor decision making.

I’ve never understood the “legend status” of Macca at the club, a good loyal servant for us in the non league years and got well paid for his services but clearly not good enough and consistent enough for a team wishing to get out of league 2, Why we gave him a very generous 3 year deal I do not know.

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 191
Ipswin
October 24, 2020, 6:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from grimsby pete
We got a point and the scunts lost happy days  

You'll be happy to finish 23rd providing Scunthorpe finish 24th then Pete?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 191
20 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Carlisle (H) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.