Kris2
October 24, 2020, 10:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Croxton
Macca might feel a tiny bit better if he watches L2 highlights tonight (well Tuesday on the coach perhaps). At least three other days to forget for some L2 keepers. More evidence too that overplaying at the back is risky. Good that it was Stevenage!
A little galling to see Jamille Matt having another stormer for Forest Green and Podge finishing a quality passing move for Newport. The only chance of points at Forest Green will be to play the channels, force errors, win corners and squeeze their midfield when they have the ball. Defending for 90 min won't work.
Might have been the right game for Scannell but it seems he has displeased Olly.

Matt has done alright for himself since being on loan with us. Always felt he didn't suit our system and how we wanted to play at the time and think other managers since have managed to play to his strengths.
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 191
lee65
October 25, 2020, 9:47am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from grimsby pete
Macca should not be captain then he can concentrate on just his own game.

Maybe as captain his mind his elsewhere she he should be thinking about what he is doing himself.

Waterfall to made captain imo .

Nothing to do with Macca’s mistake yesterday but I’ve thought for a while Waterfall should be captain, he is our only natural leader at the minute.
I noticed yesterday at the end of the game he went around and talked to many of the younger players as they were walking off the pitch
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 191
toontown
October 25, 2020, 12:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Approval: +6,263
Gold Stars: 70
Glad that Ollie mentioned how dreadful we are at throw ins. We are consistently shockingly bad at them and it was the same last season. The worst team in the league at them I would think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 191
hampshiremariner
October 25, 2020, 3:08pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,056
Gold Stars: 35
I would have settled for a point before the match.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 191
jamesgtfc
October 25, 2020, 3:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,937
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from toontown
Glad that Ollie mentioned how dreadful we are at throw ins. We are consistently shockingly bad at them and it was the same last season. The worst team in the league at them I would think.

Whenever I mention that we should have someone who can take a good throw in I get shot down!

A good throw in can be as dangerous as a good free kick or corner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 191
Mallyner
October 25, 2020, 3:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
The goal we scored came from building from the back but during the first half my thoughts were at some stage we were going to concede a goal through it; and there were a few moments when we were in danger of losing possesion.
The throw in to was it Waterfall who back passed to Macca for his error, was nearer the half way line than our goal line, surely we should be playing these forward down the line.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 191
toontown
October 25, 2020, 4:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Approval: +6,263
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Whenever I mention that we should have someone who can take a good throw in I get shot down!

A good throw in can be as dangerous as a good free kick or corner.

It's  not just lacking a good long throw. It's basic throw ins to the man in front of them. Even from these we immediately lose possession the majority of the time. Look at the opposition's  as if throw ins and compare them to ours in terms of how often we lose possession, it's so frustrating.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 191
Son of Cod
October 26, 2020, 10:13am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Croxton
No other team so far has been worse at passing, free kicks, throw ins, goal kicks, corners, goalie howlers, conceding free kicks and on field leadership. So many issues which are systemic to our set up whichever eleven takes the field. Plusses? plenty of effort at times and more minutes for Hanson.

Edit: MOM- Waterfall.

We're second best in the division at clearances apparently!

The last three goals we've conceded have cost us five points essentially and they've all been Macca's fault. Admittedly, I think Harrogate would have found another way through had the goals they scored not gone in, but we'll never know that. Hope this blip is over for Macca as it could start to unsettle Pollock and Waterfall who are the only steady/consistent pair in the spine of our team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 191
pen penfras
October 26, 2020, 10:39am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Son of Cod

We're second best in the division at clearances apparently!

The last three goals we've conceded have cost us five points essentially and they've all been Macca's fault. Admittedly, I think Harrogate would have found another way through had the goals they scored not gone in, but we'll never know that. Hope this blip is over for Macca as it could start to unsettle Pollock and Waterfall who are the only steady/consistent pair in the spine of our team.

Pollock and Waterfall have cost us plenty of goals too. Waterfall has dropped a few clangers that have led to goals and their lack of pace often gets exploited by runners. They, particularly Waterfall, have been excellent the last couple of games, but a few weeks ago the same was being said about Macca losing confidence in the defenders.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 191
Son of Cod
October 27, 2020, 10:35am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from pen penfras

Pollock and Waterfall have cost us plenty of goals too. Waterfall has dropped a few clangers that have led to goals and their lack of pace often gets exploited by runners. They, particularly Waterfall, have been excellent the last couple of games, but a few weeks ago the same was being said about Macca losing confidence in the defenders.

Waterfall definitely has a clanger in him, I agree with that. Especially when the ball is on the deck. I can't think of any goals that have necessarily been his or Pollock's fault though?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 191
20 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Carlisle (H) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.