Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread - Walsall (A)
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 326 Guests

Match Thread - Walsall (A)

This thread currently has 26,318 views. Print
19 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Sammo
September 12, 2020, 5:51pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +171
I think the lack of practice games/friendlies is going to hinder us for the first few weeks of the season, players looked very tired towards the end of the game.

Defensively I thought we looked solid especially Ohman but going forward we offered very little, need to bring a striker in as what we have is not going to have us challenging.

Cant see is struggling but cannot see us challenging just yet, hope I'm wrong!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 181
Jarmo.Is.God
September 12, 2020, 5:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
I thought Green did well today, and we looked lost when Gibson replaced him.
Feel like people have it ready to slate him instantly, but won't mention him doing very well with 3/4 around him and got a good shot away in the 2nd half
Idehan is so confident in playing at his feet, and will have a bright future

You have to remember these have not played together much
Normally teams have 5-6 games for fitness, and better understanding of each other. I understand other teams have similar problems, but it won't help!

We've got 5/6 players missing, so i think we will see changes each game for the next 7/8 games which won't help

Hope for top half / play offs
Expect mid table
Dont worry about relegation
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 181
BenBB
September 12, 2020, 5:53pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 30
Ollie's interview is out on BBC Sounds: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08r96gq

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 122 - 181
GrimRob
September 12, 2020, 5:53pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Hagrid
We’ve started late. And its going to cost us in these first few weeks, when we did actually get forward though in those final few moments we looked a threat. Dont know why we was pissing about passing it around the back

I think that's grasping at straws to be honest. They deserved to be more than 1-0 up and they didn't do a very good job of "game management" and failed to kill the game off and run the clock down. There'll be a lot better teams we have to face coming up who'll make sure of the points earlier than they did in a similar situation.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 123 - 181
arryarryarry
September 12, 2020, 5:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
We were poor today, Walsall out played us, never let us get going, passed the ball round us when they wanted to. Lots of poor individual performances really disappointing after the last two games

I don't think Walsall particularly out played us, I thought it looked like 2 ordinary sides.

First half neither side created anything worthwhile. Second half they looked a bit more dangerous but their goal came from poor defending.

I was disappointed in the midfield, plenty of possession but no real creativity. The lack of chances is a worry.

I thought the ref was pretty cack at times not stamping out their constant fouling.

Next week will be an interesting game against one of the so called favourites.
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 181
Stadium
September 12, 2020, 6:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from dicko995
Think we need to do what Laurie Mac did, and get them on the beach for an hours run, lack of fitness showing, never seen players that knackered after 60 minutes, they need to build stamina up, not prepared at all.

Do you what year it is??
Beach runs haha...

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 181
grimps
September 12, 2020, 6:05pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,117
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from BenBB
Ollie's interview is out on BBC Sounds: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08r96gq

I can’t see Ollie getting any promotional work for Ifollow now 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 181
chipsandgravy
September 12, 2020, 6:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Gold Stars: 37
We were poor today, Walsall out played us, never let us get going, passed the ball round us when they wanted to. Lots of poor individual performances really disappointing after the last two games

Way over the top as usual!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 181
mimma
September 12, 2020, 6:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Have the Walsall team been together longer than ours? We have brought in nearly the whole team, some of which have only been here a few weeks, what was you expecting today?  It looked like they have been together longer than us, fitness wise,and knowing each other. That to me was the big difference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 181
PaceyMariner
September 12, 2020, 6:12pm
Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +266
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Boris Johnson

and you do i take it?

I know enough not to call 2 new players to the club, excrement. One who is a raw 19 year old and another who is clearly not match fit. Both who have hardly had a chance to get used to their new teammates, especially in these unprecedented times. Give them a chance. Support them. Calling players excrement after one game is not exactly helpful is it?

We are all Town fans here. Let’s get behind them and try not to judge after ONE game.

Pacey <*))))><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 181
19 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread - Walsall (A)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.