Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread - Walsall (A)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 104 Guests

Match Thread - Walsall (A)

This thread currently has 26,313 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
chipsandgravy
September 12, 2020, 5:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from ginnywings
I'm all for youth, but playing a 15 year old in a league 2 game is a bit too strange a decision for me, especially when we have signed a load of strikers. Surely one of them could have given 30 mins as a sub?

Absolutely agree especially when the game was crying out for a bit of Cliftons eneregy!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 181
Madeleymariner
September 12, 2020, 5:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from mimma

Idehen had a good game,  maybe MOM. Looks composed, doesn't panic good on the ball, wins all his duels. Considering his age, he played well.

No not really MOM at all, he was OK, did well for his age and experience, but bullied by their strikers who obviously targetted him with lots of jumping in on high balls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 181
ginnywings
September 12, 2020, 5:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Boris Johnson

This of course will be Holloway's excuse, but Im assuming Watefall and Pollock where not as fit as others?  If they were fit, this is shocking management

Taylor is a load of excrement, Williams the same.

Your usual tactful self i see. 1 game in and you've already decided 2 players are sh1t. One has very little experience, the other feeling his way back into the game after a serious injury.

Sheesh!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 181
Teesknees
September 12, 2020, 5:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18

This of course will be Holloway's excuse, but Im assuming Watefall and Pollock where not as fit as others?  If they were fit, this is shocking management

I must remember to skip past your posts as what you put as it's usually a load of bollox! You're an idiot!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 181
Northbank Mariner
September 12, 2020, 5:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Looked like a team of strangers, getting in each others way and gave the ball away far too often trying deft chips that weren't coming off.
Do worry where our goals are coming from this season, Gibson offside too much and needs to learn to read the game better.
And, if I'm brutally honest, Rose is nowhere near as good as Hessenthailer was at protecting the defence.
Hate to say it but based on that this season is going to be a slog, one thing I do think is we have a solid defence, be it today's back 4 or with Pollock and waterfall. We move on..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 181
sonofmadeleymariner
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
We were poor today, Walsall out played us, never let us get going, passed the ball round us when they wanted to. Lots of poor individual performances really disappointing after the last two games

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 181
Boris Johnson
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from ginnywings

Your usual tactful self i see. 1 game in and you've already decided 2 players are sh1t. One has very little experience, the other feeling his way back into the game after a serious injury.

Sheesh!

Excuses only go so far, there is an element about Holloway that worries me.  Every side has been in the same position re lockdown/squad fitness etc. etc.  There were better players on the bench, and unless they were not fit, then thats a poor team selection. If your fit enough for the bench. you are fit to play.  Yes we have had to go shopping at Poundland, and bring some kids into the squad i accept that, but he did not play his strongest team available.  Its a fair question to ask why
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 181
Croxton
September 12, 2020, 5:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Gibson is not a central attacker whereas Scannell has played there. Williams so disappointing. Harry or Tilley needed to be on much earlier. Pointless use of Boyd.
Are they told to pass it around in our own box when losing? Just how unfit are Jackson and Sissay if Gibson is judged to be more ready? Well done Ludvig, Idehen, Edwards and Hewitt for your 94 minutes endeavour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 181
ginnywings
September 12, 2020, 5:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Disappointing but not unexpected result. Think our lack of fitness is a concern, especially as all other teams have had the same problems to contend with as we have, but we are clearly behind other sides in that regard. Gonna take a while to bed everyone in and get a settled side working together.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 181
PaceyMariner
September 12, 2020, 5:17pm
Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +266
Gold Stars: 4

Never ceases to amaze me the amount of people who watch football, but haven’t a clue about it.

I’d take up another hobby pal, cos you clearly no nothing about football!

Pacey <*))))><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 181
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread - Walsall (A)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.