Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread - Walsall (A)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 268 Guests

Match Thread - Walsall (A)

This thread currently has 26,307 views. Print
19 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
September 13, 2020, 9:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190
Holloway has gone on record to state that our fitness coach is phenomenal. To me, that doesn't add up when we are blowing after 60 minutes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 181
devs
September 13, 2020, 9:32am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 30
Seven debutants yesterday
Several not been at the club very long
Those who were released at end of season and now at GTFC not had full-on training schedule
Non-league lads will find this a huge step up in terms of fitness and professionalism
We haven't got our best and most experienced striker

It will take at least 8-10 games to be anywhere near IMO - it's bloody frustrating cos we never seem to get off to a flyer

We need to be the one thing alot of people on here aren't - patient

Good news is back five looked very solid and good - apart from the one bit of sloppiness

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 181
ginnywings
September 13, 2020, 9:43am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from devs
Those who were released at end of season and now at GTFC not had full-on training schedule
Non-league lads will find this a huge step up in terms of fitness and professionalism

It will take at least 8-10 games to be anywhere near IMO - it's bloody frustrating cos we never seem to get off to a flyer

Good news is back five looked very solid and good - apart from the one bit of sloppiness

Been hearing that phrase for about 15 years. Yeah i know, we are re-building...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 181
jonnyboy82
September 13, 2020, 10:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
For me it was quite simple, yesterday showed how much we missed a pre season.

Simple as that really.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 181
pen penfras
September 13, 2020, 10:33am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Wow, there's some real mood hoovers about. We weren't very good, but we weren't much worse than them.

On balance, the better team won. But they only made a couple more chances than we did, and had Green not been fouled several times when he turned their defender, he might have got a better shot away. We hit the post and just missed out on a draw.

Mckeown made a couple of good saves.
Hewitt did ok, put one or two lovely balls into the box, but Matt Green on his own against 3 defenders is a big ask.
Preston looks solid and has a decent left foot
Ohman was fantastic, my MOM
Idehen looked very good and coped well with a tricky forward. Had a couple of blips, but Pollock does every week and we rave about him.
Rose looks good but unfit.
Taylor was getting his foot in everywhere, helped out Hewitt really well. Has a good pass but plays it square a little often.
Williams had a couple of lovely touches and passes early on, but tired very quickly.
Edwards looked dangerous until he got frustrated and ended up getting in the way or trying to do too much.
Scannell looks like he'll be very good when he's got a few matches under his belt.
Green led the line well and battled well. He's not a target man but effort is fantastic and could have scored if he wasn't pulled back.

The Harrogate team we outplayed on Tuesday won 4-0.

I think there's enough positive signs to get behind the team. I don't expect we're going to challenge this season, but it's hard to know how good anybody is at this stage, particularly this season. Our late signings might actually help us get better players than we would usually be able to with the window closing soon and lots of players still unemployed. I certainly wouldn't have dreamt of getting Scannell
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 181
friskneymariner
September 13, 2020, 11:02am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from devs

Good news is back five looked very solid and good - apart from the one bit of sloppiness.

So you are quite happy to squander 24-30 points whilst we are up to speed then,those points could be very importan t at the end of the season.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 181
aldi_01
September 13, 2020, 11:11am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
But the time our excuse of needing 6-8 weeks to get up to speed runs it’s course we could be well cut adrift.

We can argue whether or not Walsall were much better than us until we’re blue isn’t he face, fact is, the beat us. They had one chance and scored and for the remaining half an hour of the game were pretty much in control...because they weren’t dead on their feet.

We’ve all had the same length of pre season so why are some teams seemingly much fitter.

I suppose some people aren’t bothered and perhaps when we’re in a relegation fight they still won’t be but in the cold light of day, regardless of the sheer lack of ambition by the board to progress, I can’t imagine anyone brought or thought about bringing holloway in to keep us up.

Like some have said, there were some positives, namely scannell looking lively, Green did a job until he was taken off, Tilley looked half decent when he came on but other than that it was pretty excrement.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 181
September 13, 2020, 11:14am
Guest User
So, once again the usual suspects turn up and start slagging off the team after 1 League match.  Amazes me how many people think they know better than the manager who has many years of experience behind him.  Do they know what is going on behind the scenes.....no they don't.  

Just because your team won everything in Football Manager doesn't make you a football expert.  I just don't understand some of you 'so called' supporters.  It seems like you just can't wait to slag off the Manager and players of GTFC.  You really are pathetic!  
Reply: 157 - 181
friskneymariner
September 13, 2020, 11:21am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from 123614
So, once again the usual suspects turn up and start slagging off the team after 1 League match.  Amazes me how many people think they know better than the manager who has many years of experience behind him.  Do they know what is going on behind the scenes.....no they don't.  

Just because your team won everything in Football Manager doesn't make you a football expert.  I just don't understand some of you 'so called' supporters.  It seems like you just can't wait to slag off the Manager and players of GTFC.  You really are pathetic!  

I think 58 years of watching Town non stop gives me a degree of insight ,What makes you the fountain of all knowledge.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 181
aldi_01
September 13, 2020, 11:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I mean just because someone isn’t happy with the constant lack of progression or ambition off the field to drive the club forward doesn’t make one less of a supporter.

You could argue it makes them more of a supporter by having those aspirations for their club.

It’s funny how those quick to moan about those who like to question decisions made by the club can’t wait to let it be know they place themselves on a much higher pedestal than everyone else because don’t criticise the club.

Dress up yesterday all you like, first game, 10th game, last game, we weren’t good enough. Constantly saying we’re unfit isn’t really an excuse and before we know it we’ll be scrapping for bits down the bottom quarter of the league.

We keep being told some players aren’t ready for the first team yet, but what does that actually mean. Give us a reason as to why? If our president season was seemingly worse than others, why?

Interesting that sometimes people can’t differentiate between folk who question the club or the team.

Many of those who’d be deemed negative have actually praised elements of yesterday but we that won’t be noted, oh no. Easier to say ‘why do they bother’ or ‘are you really fan of all you do is moan’ than have a reasoned discussion.

You can be positive/critical about the team in its own right...the club on the other hand.

Whatever our excuses it’s impossible to argue with the fact we need to get up to speed sharpish else we’ll be cast aside, we’ve a week to work hard and get some of them lads up to fitness.

Holloway said our fitness coach was good...now is the time for them to prove that...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 181
19 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread - Walsall (A)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.