Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Anti-racism protests
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 26 Guests

Anti-racism protests

This thread currently has 22,281 views. Print
30 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
Rick12
August 25, 2020, 2:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from ska face
What a monumental heap of shite from Rick, again. If the person who wrote that is actually a serving police officer they should be removed from duty ASAP.
Heap of shite ?I think your just showing yourself up again Ska face and are again reflecting your character.You need some life lessons in how to to treat others .Hence I dont know how old you are but in real life some people wouldnt stand for your claptrap and do something about it.

Someone actually told me about the link that I shared .

Have you actually been in the police or the army.Hence if you was being accosted by a group of criminals or getting threatened by the Taliban would you run away or confront the enemy.Words are empty but actions arent.

Tweet 1271280038604877824 will appear here...

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 210 - 290
grimsby pete
August 25, 2020, 2:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,833
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ska face
What a monumental heap of shite from Rick, again. If the person who wrote that is actually a serving police officer they should be removed from duty ASAP.

Ska Face Rick is one of the good guys you are not .

You always revert to name calling when you do not agree with a post.

Time to grow up and look at other people's point of view ,you don't have to agree with them but you can reply with a bit of civility .

Go on you can if you try.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 211 - 290
ska face
August 25, 2020, 2:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,764
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from Rick12
Heap of shite ?I think your just showing yourself up again Ska face and are again reflecting your character.You need some life lessons in how to to treat others .Hence I dont know how old you are but in real life some people wouldnt stand for your claptrap and do something about it.

Have you actually been in the police or the army.Hence if you was being accosted by a group of criminals or getting threatened by the Taliban would you run away or confront the enemy.Words are empty but actions arent.

It’s a steaming pile of garbage, full of non sequiturs, incorrect statements and false equivalences, with the general thrust being it is OK to stand on a man’s neck in broad daylight until he is dead, and people can’t be unhappy about it because police are also sometimes killed.

Why should I, or anyone, respect that?
Private Message
Reply: 212 - 290
ska face
August 25, 2020, 2:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

Ska Face Rick is one of the good guys you are not .

You always revert to name calling when you do not agree with a post.

Time to grow up and look at other people's point of view ,you don't have to agree with them but you can reply with a bit of civility .

Go on you can if you try.

I’ll reserve my civility for people who aren’t justifying lynchings, if that’s ok by you?
Private Message
Reply: 213 - 290
Rick12
August 25, 2020, 3:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face

It’s a steaming pile of garbage, full of non sequiturs, incorrect statements and false equivalences, with the general thrust being it is OK to stand on a man’s neck in broad daylight until he is dead, and people can’t be unhappy about it because police are also sometimes killed.

Why should I, or anyone, respect that?
What that policeman done was out of order to George Floyd and he rightly got convicted .Apparently though  in footage released on  body cam police that dealt with George Floyd were originally respectful but things got out of hand.

Its a tough job to be in though.I certainly wouldn't want to be in the police in the USA or here in the UK for that matter .Dealing with all the abuse and danger they put themselves under.Would you?Hence video below shows police restraint in the USA which almost cost them their lives.I know in this country for one police chiefs want to make it mandatory for all officers to carry tasers as research shows it makes them less likely to be attacked.

Similary the army is another dangerous job. Hence during the  troubles in Ireland  the  IRA use to use snipers to kill soldiers on patrol.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 214 - 290
ska face
August 25, 2020, 3:21pm

Vodka Drinker
What are you talking about? IRA snipers? This is exactly what I’m talking about. You can’t address the issue without going off on an unrelated tangent.

You’re right, it is difficult to be a public servant in one of the uniformed services, one of the difficulties is not killing people routinely. If anyone commits a crime, they are to be arrested and punished according to the law if found guilty. The police aren’t there to commit extra-judicial executions whenever they see fit.  
Private Message
Reply: 215 - 290
Rick12
August 25, 2020, 3:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face
What are you talking about? IRA snipers? This is exactly what I’m talking about. You can’t address the issue without going off on an unrelated tangent.

You’re right, it is difficult to be a public servant in one of the uniformed services, one of the difficulties is not killing people routinely. If anyone commits a crime, they are to be arrested and punished according to the law if found guilty. The police aren’t there to commit extra-judicial executions whenever they see fit.  
Iam addressing the issue but highlighting the real dangers our public servants have had to go through and are still going through .This isnt fairy land but real life.Of course your going to get bad applies which need weeding out and dealt with but  I think the majority of our armed services and police do a good job and need support.Hence its nice for one that the government are reviewing the case of PC Harpers killers and thinking of imposing tougher sentences for the people that killed him.Likewise nice to see the government imposed tougher sentences for those attacking all our emergency workers in 2018.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 216 - 290
ska face
August 25, 2020, 3:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Perfect example - that garbage post is conflating the murder of George Floyd with the murder of PC Harper. The two situations are completely different, in no way analogous, but that post tries to draw comparisons between the two situations and insinuate that anyone supporting the former doesn’t care about the latter. And you claimed it summed up the situation perfectly?

The problem is that police in America are given so much support that they appear to be able to kill and maim with almost absolute impunity. The post stated that the officer was arrested immediately - WRONG. The police that murdered Breona Taylor still haven’t been arrested. What about the actions of the police during the recent protests? You can support the uniformed services without giving them a free ride whenever they step out of line.
Private Message
Reply: 217 - 290
headingly_mariner
August 25, 2020, 3:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from Rick12

There’s a lot of whataboutery going on. I’m not sure the big takeaway from the protests is that we need to feel sorry for and support police officers more. The police in America are hugely supported, have a mega strong union and generally the support of the public and politicians. They do keep killing unarmed black people at a disproportionate rate to White people. It’s a huge problem and one that people are rightly angry about.
Whether it is borne from America’s inequality or racism within the police force, it’s not right.

Thankfully the police don’t have guns over here and police accountability is better. We still have huge inequalities in the way people are dealt with by the police. It would certainly help if there was more equality in terms of opportunity in Britain.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 218 - 290
grimsby pete
August 25, 2020, 4:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,833
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ska face

See you can do it when you try.  

On this subject I agree with you. What we have seen coming out of America in the last few weeks is terrible.Shooting a man in the back seven times deserves the death sentence imo.

Another case a man who had a knife had to be stopped from going into a shop but they did not have to kill him a bullet or two in his legs would have done the job.

The police are there to uphold the law not administer justice that is the courts responsibility .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 219 - 290
30 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Anti-racism protests

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.