ginnywings
February 1, 2020, 7:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from It Bites
Just seen the highlights. Macca at fault for both goals . First goal his positioning was awful . Second goal , god knows what he was doing. ?

Was waiting to see the highlights before commenting but I thought he was beaten easily for the second.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 78
It Bites
February 1, 2020, 7:43pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,175
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from Hagrid

Are you allright?! First brilliant strike second one on one from poor defending

He dived the wrong way for the second
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 78
TAGG
February 1, 2020, 8:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Thought every player had good game today.
We finally have a direction that all the players are aiming for.
No more of this changing the side to accommodate the team we are playing or squire pegs for round holes.
Playing what are the best 11
Loved the game today, love the positives, love jumping off me seat with excitement, love watching a footballing side and love IH.
UTM

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 78
February 1, 2020, 8:25pm
Guest User
I don't know if everyone will agree, but I think Waterfall should replace Pollock in the next game.  My reasoning is that the left side of our defence consisting of Glennon and Pollock are both young players who I have noticed are not always in sync with each other, and in particular for there second goal.  Waterfall is a solid centre back who would still be first choice if he hadn't had a 3 match ban, and I believe he should be reinstated asap.  Go ahead and discuss.  
Reply: 23 - 78
Northbank Mariner
February 1, 2020, 8:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from 123614
I don't know if everyone will agree, but I think Waterfall should replace Pollock in the next game.  My reasoning is that the left side of our defence consisting of Glennon and Pollock are both young players who I have noticed are not always in sync with each other, and in particular for there second goal.  Waterfall is a solid centre back who would still be first choice if he hadn't had a 3 match ban, and I believe he should be reinstated asap.  Go ahead and discuss.  

I actually thought waterfall should replace Ohman...his passing was woeful and waterfall can ping a better ball from what I've seen of him so far.  All about opinions I suppose
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 78
MuddyWaters
February 1, 2020, 8:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from 123614

I think our 4 centre backs are pretty much of the same level. Pollock is young but a little slow, Waterfall can be impetuous, Ohman the poorest on the ball and whilst Davis is probably the best footballer, is also most prone to a cockup. Personally, I like Davis and Waterfall as a pairing but it’s too close to call.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 78
TownSNAFU5
February 1, 2020, 8:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
We did well against a good FGR team who have an excellent away record. We need to be as good or better than them next season.   We are still at the transition stage and WIP.

They were slightly quicker than us in thought and deed.  A good example being our long-range freekick which their keeper saved late in the game. Straight away they got a corner and created 2 possible chances.

Both teams looked uncomfortable passing around at the back.

Overall, another good game to watch.  We are more exciting, more positive and have skillful players to entertain us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 78
Maringer
February 1, 2020, 8:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from ginnywings

Was waiting to see the highlights before commenting but I thought he was beaten easily for the second.

I was in line for the shot and it was well-directed. Don't think you could blame him for either goal. He made a very good save with his legs in the second half as well (after we'd been caught on the break from one of our own set pieces yet again!).

Truth be told, I wasn't overly impressed with FGR. They looked a much better team when they gave us that first day drubbing the other year. That said, conditions were obviously much more difficult today and we didn't start with Clifton at wing-back which obviously was going to help.

A belter of a strike for their opener but I thought the defence were a bit too lax with their marking and gave too much space. Pretty much their first attack yet a goal. A pity as we didn't get a second after we took the lead because I thought they were rocking. We missed a couple of opportunities to put them to bed in that ten minutes or so when well-placed.

Good for Glennon to make amends for his error so quickly but I didn't think we really looked like we were going to get a winner after that.

I hear that Buckley was apparently critical of Tilley in his punditry and can understand that. He looks to have a really good touch, plenty of skill, a bit of pace, but he hasn't done anything but roam around aimlessly barely getting involved in his appearances so far. Hopefully a lot more to come from him once he's integrated into the squad. Some players take longer to settle than others.

The positive approach is certainly showing up in the goals for column, but we're extremely open now which has led to the goals against almost matching it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 78
TAGG
February 1, 2020, 8:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

I actually thought waterfall should replace Ohman...his passing was woeful and waterfall can ping a better ball from what I've seen of him so far.  All about opinions I suppose

Sorry mate but I dont think any Town player was 'woeful' today.
I do agree that young Matty should be replaced by Waterfall not because hes not been up to it but because we need a bit of pace in there.
Matty has an eye for a pass and is a proper defender but is not the fastest.
Still love the bloke UTM

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 78
Northbank Mariner
February 1, 2020, 8:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from TAGG

Sorry mate but I dont think any Town player was 'woeful' today.
I do agree that young Matty should be replaced by Waterfall not because hes not been up to it but because we need a bit of pace in there.
Matty has an eye for a pass and is a proper defender but is not the fastest.
Still love the bloke UTM

TAGG..whilst I agree about Matty and every player put a shift in, again, I was just commenting that Ohmans forward passing was woeful..and it was..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.