8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
NorthseaMariner
February 1, 2020, 6:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,515
Gold Stars: 11
Great to see players comfortable on the ball. As they play together they can only get even better.
Okay, not quite the result we wanted, but still very good to watch, especially compared to what we’ve been watching for so so long.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 78
MuddyWaters
February 1, 2020, 6:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Rick12
Hard working performance for me.No players stood out for me though like Dembele use to .Most recent player in my view that  was a bit special.

Special mention to Bailey.Their player looked quality and scored a great goal albeit on loan from Birmingham.

Dembele didn’t want to be here for any reason other to put himself in the shop window. Only very rarely did he play for anyone other than himself.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 78
moosey_club
February 1, 2020, 6:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,202
Gold Stars: 224
First half once we settled down we looked very good, balls into strikers feet, quick switches of play, overlapping players and some neat football in tight areas, excellent team goal, after that i thought we went a little bit showy , being so in control i thought we just passed for passes sake rather than focussing on threatening the goal but still some nice approach play.
Their goal seemed to rock us and after that we didnt return to the dominant confident side, rest of the half saw us looking a little unsure what to do and the centre halves definatley shying away from the ball, FGR dominant for the last 15 mins of the half.
Second half poor start, back line not up together, Glennon allowed his man to make his run inside and out of nothing 2-1 down. Responded well and Glennon in particular seemd detrmined to make up for their goal and showed great determination to be Johnny on the spot and grab the equaliser, a left back in the opposition six yard line in open play ?!?! superb.

Holloway's speech to the futsal team that was released earlier this week spoke about event + reaction = outcome , Glennon was caught out for their goal, he reacted in the right way and the outcome was the equaliser. Textbook.

After the equaliser i thought the game became a bit disjointed, our subs and positional tweaks disrupted us slightly and despite looking good didnt really threaten the goal enough.

Benson always wanting the ball, Clarke very busy in the hole.   Vernam for me a little too greedy today at times. Felt like points lost rather than a point gained especially with the purple patch in the first half.

Possible penalty on Max Wright at the end ?  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 78
Rodley Mariner
February 1, 2020, 7:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Not everything worked but it's so nice to watch us trying to play a bit and be positive. No way would we have scored either of those goals 3 months ago. No we are going to play some football we could really do with getting the pitch playing a bit better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 78
Hagrid
February 1, 2020, 7:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,385
Gold Stars: 528
Hanson again invovled in everything good, subs didnt have much of an impact but things are looking up
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 78
Kris2
February 1, 2020, 7:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Didn't have too many expectations coming into it against one of the better and big money sides in the league but it ended up being an entertaining game. Obviously everyone wants a win but I don't mind when we draw if the game was fun to watch and we looked like a team that wants to attack and play football.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 78
Hameln Mariner
February 1, 2020, 7:19pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +134
Quoted from moosey_club

Possible penalty on Max Wright at the end ?  

Not from where I was in the Pontoon. Would have taken it but it but never a pen for me,

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 78
It Bites
February 1, 2020, 7:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,176
Gold Stars: 259
Just seen the highlights. Macca was brilliant
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 78
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 1, 2020, 7:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from 28195

Harsh, the conditions didn’t help, despite the strong winds I thought both sides did well. FGR definitely one of the better sids I’ve seen this season.

Vicious or sexist?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 78
Hagrid
February 1, 2020, 7:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,385
Gold Stars: 528
Quoted from It Bites
Just seen the highlights. Macca at fault for both goals . First goal his positioning was awful . Second goal , god knows what he was doing. ?

Are you allright?! First brilliant strike second one on one from poor defending
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.