Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ian Holloway
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 194 Guests

Ian Holloway

This thread currently has 113,293 views. Print
54 Pages Prev ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
December 30, 2019, 11:25am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I’d love the job...that’s a standard phrase from any manager out of work.

And he’s also not gonna say ‘I don’t wanna work there, the non chairman is a flipping idiot’. Even if that’s what he thinks he can’t say it...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 330 - 532
buckstown
December 30, 2019, 11:32am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,185
Gold Stars: 79
To be fair I think the fans have applauded every recent appointment with the exception of Slade 2. There were virtual love ins when Bignot and Jolley were appointed so we can't be too harsh on Fenty et al.
This board was in meltdown when Newell was mentioned, demanding the non chairman to get his chequebook out. JSF must be bricking his pants working out how much it would cost if Holloway fails!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 331 - 532
Ipswin
December 30, 2019, 11:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from aldi_01
I’d love the job...that’s a standard phrase from any manager out of work.

And he’s also not gonna say ‘I don’t wanna work there, the non chairman is a flipping idiot’. Even if that’s what he thinks he can’t say it...

We are only be his second choice (at best) anyway He wanted the Bristol Rovers job, while that was available it was 'Grimsby who?'

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 332 - 532
headingly_mariner
December 30, 2019, 11:44am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,392
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from Ipswin

The fans picked the last manager and look where that got us

True. Slight difference in experience though. Jolley had never managed a football league game and was a convicted sex offender.
Holloway has had a pretty decent managerial career across league football. We’d struggle to get anyone with more experience
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 333 - 532
Grantley
December 30, 2019, 11:52am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,504
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Ipswin

We are only be his second choice (at best) anyway He wanted the Bristol Rovers job, while that was available it was 'Grimsby who?'

Who do you want then?

Jordan Magrew
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 334 - 532
December 30, 2019, 11:54am
Guest User
This is precisely what JF wants; he has total control of this situation and he will make us sweat over it before coming out with some absolutely 🎾 ocks that he chose not to accept what was, essentially, a generous offer!!

I honestly can’t see this materialising, given the current boards lack of foresight and poor decisions.

Prove me wrong GTFC, just for once!!

UTM
Reply: 335 - 532
grimsby pete
December 30, 2019, 11:58am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,818
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Grantley

Who do you want then?

Swin will never tell you what he wants only what he is against  

Happy new year mate  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 336 - 532
Stadium
December 30, 2019, 12:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Mendonca1995
Ffs stop dillying about NOW and get this over the line

You do have to laugh.
Exaggerated story in the GT & IH selling himself on a non descript TV channel.
No confirmation from the club whether a) are we even looking at an alternative to AL b) Discussions between IH have even taken place.
Throw in the normal "a source said/I've heard/a friend in the know" rumours & look were we are.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 337 - 532
diehardmariner
December 30, 2019, 12:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,650
Gold Stars: 539
Well played Mr Holloway.

Put himself truly in the picture for the job, effectively called out the owner with a 'come and get me plea' and in turn got the fans, i.e us, well and truly behind him.  If (big if) Fenty hurries up and appoints then Holloway comes here with a free ride for a bit, the fans will be well and truly behind him just because of the 'I'd love to manage them' line.

If, the more likely outcome, Fenty doesn't appoint or takes his time.  Holloway has used his media slot (and his mate Colin Murray) to further stress that he wants to be back in the game and the next club who sack their manager will have fans pleading with their owner to appoint Ian Holloway.  

As above, not massively impressed with Holloway's credentials in recent years.  But beggars can't be choosers.  We're not attractive at the minute and the gate yesterday was dreadful.  The club needs a breath of fresh air and it badly needs a boost in terms of the gate and also general interest.  I can't remember a time when there was so much apathy around the club, even during games!
Private Message
Reply: 338 - 532
Ipswin
December 30, 2019, 12:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Grantley

Who do you want then?

I was asked this a few weeks ago and as I said then I don't really give a excrement anymore I am past caring frankly

Please don't start a 'Swin doesn't want Holloway' rumour (I didn't want Jolley and I openly decalred it in the face of massive opposition and abuse) its not a case of wanting or not wanting Holloway but it is fact that he wanted the Bristol Rovers job and that, had he got it, he wouldn't have even found out about us needing a manager even less actually applying.We are most definitely his second choice

My concern is that, once again, every sodomist is creaming their jeans about a particular candidate making it impossible for the board not to choose their favourite

Will he be a success? Who knows, (I thought Newell was going to be the dogs balderdash) he might have a good record of promotions etc on his CV but were any with a club as low down the chain and with as poor a squad of players as GTFC?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 339 - 532
54 Pages Prev ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ian Holloway

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.