Grimal
November 18, 2019, 6:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Hmmm cryptic Pete, , , ,  so first name 5 letters and second name 4 letters yeh?   ,, , , ,

? ? ? ? ?        ? ? ? ?

SLADE           RUSS      
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 114
Rik e B
November 18, 2019, 7:42pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
klaxon
/ˈklaks(ə)n/
nounTRADEMARK
an electric horn or warning hooter.
"the tug blew its klaxon three times"

⚠️👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 114
Northbank Mariner
November 18, 2019, 8:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Rik e B
klaxon
/ˈklaks(ə)n/
nounTRADEMARK
an electric horn or warning hooter.
"the tug blew its klaxon three times"

⚠️👍

Look at the thread and spot the spelling mistake....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 114
BottesfordMariner
November 18, 2019, 9:02pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
I think that was one of the best interviews JF has given. Very honest and revealed what he could.

I have been/ am a critic of JF but I have never doubted he genuinely has the best interests of GTFC at heart. He has made plenty of mistakes of which i am sure he would say himself.

He realises it is time for him to step aside but wants to ensure he leaves us in good hands. Surely that's we we all want. Owners who can take the club forward. Plenty of clubs have jumped into bed with new owners without due diligence and look whats happened to lots of them. We dont want to become another Bury/Bolton/ Notts Co of recent times or the likes of  Leeds, Sunderland, Coventry and others from a few years ago.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 114
toontown
November 18, 2019, 9:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from mariner91
Says that calling the budget poor is unfair. Claims that the budget for teams from 7-12th spot will be only about £100K difference between them and that we're not far off. So that's Fenty speak for we have a bottom half budget. Aim is always to be 7th or higher.

no he says difference from 7th to 12th is about 100k and we will be in that range, ie 7th to 12th.

he then says we're not far off a side that should have reasonable expectations of success.

He later says he expects to be in the top 10 in budget terms this season and if were managed well for that to be reflected in a good season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 114
moosey_club
November 18, 2019, 9:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from BottesfordMariner
I think that was one of the best interviews JF has given. Very honest and revealed what he could.

I have been/ am a critic of JF but I have never doubted he genuinely has the best interests of GTFC at heart. He has made plenty of mistakes of which i am sure he would say himself.

He realises it is time for him to step aside but wants to ensure he leaves us in good hands. Surely that's we we all want. Owners who can take the club forward. Plenty of clubs have jumped into bed with new owners without due diligence and look whats happened to lots of them. We dont want to become another Bury/Bolton/ Notts Co of recent times or the likes of  Leeds, Sunderland, Coventry and others from a few years ago.

The only thing that gripes with that is... its ok judging every other suitor but he is only taking out at the moment himself, its ok saying he wants to ensure our future is in good hands but the longer he holds the club the weaker it gets, the less attractive it gets, the less competetive we become.
In reality anyone who comes in and underwrites the potential losses as JF does (circa £300k was it ?? ) and doesnt take out £100k - £200k a season would potentially be taking the club forward.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 114
chaos33
November 18, 2019, 9:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
I thought John did a very good job on RH tonight. He too will be feeling hurt and perplexed like most of us. He showed dignity, candour and stoicism.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 114
MuddyWaters
November 18, 2019, 9:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,236
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from moosey_club

The only thing that gripes with that is... its ok judging every other suitor but he is only taking out at the moment himself, its ok saying he wants to ensure our future is in good hands but the longer he holds the club the weaker it gets, the less attractive it gets, the less competetive we become.
In reality anyone who comes in and underwrites the potential losses as JF does (circa £300k was it ?? ) and doesnt take out £100k - £200k a season would potentially be taking the club forward.

I was talking to an AFC Wimbledon fan about this on Friday. They clearly understand the perils of such matters and his words, very well meant, were that it was better to have a chairman than no club to have a chairman of.

John Fenty has clearly had enough of people like me who have tended to stick the boot in. I get it. But I’d rather he hang around till we get someone who can take the club forward.
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 114
mimma
November 18, 2019, 10:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
What interested meme was how he explained that the financial fair play rules meant that we could only spend half the money we made from last years cup run this year and the rest next year.

Baffling!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 114
KingstonMariner
November 19, 2019, 8:15pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Didn’t explain why the original statement referred to poor run of form. That isn’t relevant at all to the reasons given in the interview for Jolley’s departure. Who writes that stuff? Is it a club employee going off-piste again like the chief bouncer did?

A classic Fentyism, amongst the many, that tickled me was something along the lines of “that’s the wrong time to take on the local media”. yes, that stuff is best left to a fans forum  .

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 114
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty Statement Kalxon

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.