This thread currently has 20,724 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Rik e B
November 18, 2019, 12:00am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Personally I've heard people bleating much worse expletive ridden rants, whether it amounts to bringing the Club into disrepute and tantamount to gross misconduct I'm not sure. Personally I'd forgive a sincere apology and move on, whether that can be done in the workplace when you bad mouth yiur employers again I'm not sure.

Screaming at journos, although not representing his position as the spearhead of the club in a great fashion, I'm sure Sir Alex and plenty others have severely vented spleen at their ilk over the years.

Im as frustrated as any with our progress (or lack of) under Con. John's watch but it wasn't him who flipped out and caused this scene, it wasn't the Club who released footage so I don't know why he's getting attacked in this instance.

Of course the club would have known more than it previously admitted to to the press, all football clubs keep what they can behind closed doors as best as possible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 114
Teestogreen
November 18, 2019, 12:06am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 22
So what is Kalxon? Just been through all these posts after a weekend away and finding out tonight that the manager has 'left'.

Thursday morning was spent with a mate (Carlisle supporter)  discussing the Carlisle manager's departure - with me - saying that it was ' a toss up' which one was first (Pressley or Jolley), and me believing that the Carlisle manager should have had a stay of execution after the fine win at non league Dulwich (on National TV).
Did believe that Jolley was in trouble, after failing to capitalise on the great win at Exeter (following my information how to counteract them) - by mucking up the team again. Postponements haven't helped but given the directors time / ammunition to make the decision.
Could be 2 points adrift of play offs if games in hand won. (on the bright side).    

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 114
Mighty_Mariner
November 18, 2019, 1:12am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Fair play to Mr fenty on the open and honest statement, already said a few times I thought we'd put a bit of money in this season with some of the signings we've made so was suprised to hear jolley moan about the budget in his outburst

can't wait for part 2 and the big 'rolls Royce man' reveal haha

Whats with all the stuff coming out about a Rolls Royce? Have I missed something?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 114
Rik e B
November 18, 2019, 1:44am

Whiskey Drinker
[img]https://i.imgur.com/OtB0Nbc.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 114
Rik e B
November 18, 2019, 1:45am

Whiskey Drinker
Disclaimer: all posts for entertainment purpose only.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 114
fiveallive
November 18, 2019, 2:44am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from mariner91
Says a lot of money has been spent but not mainly on the playing side. Good news it that we've got some amazing portakabins apparently.

I laughed when I heard that Paul Hurst said he got a new portakabin instead of a fitness coach.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 114
HertsGTFC
November 18, 2019, 7:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,880
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Rik e B
Personally I've heard people bleating much worse expletive ridden rants, whether it amounts to bringing the Club into disrepute and tantamount to gross misconduct I'm not sure. Personally I'd forgive a sincere apology and move on, whether that can be done in the workplace when you bad mouth yiur employers again I'm not sure.

Screaming at journos, although not representing his position as the spearhead of the club in a great fashion, I'm sure Sir Alex and plenty others have severely vented spleen at their ilk over the years.

Im as frustrated as any with our progress (or lack of) under Con. John's watch but it wasn't him who flipped out and caused this scene, it wasn't the Club who released footage so I don't know why he's getting attacked in this instance.

Of course the club would have known more than it previously admitted to to the press, all football clubs keep what they can behind closed doors as best as possible.

I think any form of verbal abuse to that level could be seen as gross miss conduct as there was somebody directly on the receiving end it's immaterial whether they where a 3rd party or not.

Up until Friday if Jolley was going to have a disciplinary then nothing could have come out anyway as it's Private & Confidential but I'm actually really disappointed it was leaked afterwards as I'm sure Jolley regrets what he did and putting the recording out there feels like he's being kicked when he's down, lets face it I'm not sure he's feeling very proud of himself at the moment and he's also unemployed as well.  

Do I think the club was right to take formal action? 100% Do I think we where going nowhere on the pitch? 200% Do I think it will be "eat sleep repeat" with the next Manager? 300% as long as JF is still in charge.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 114
Ipswin
November 18, 2019, 8:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from RichMariner
he's probably lost any future chance of being a first team football manager (in this country at least).

All football clubs in UK are greatly relieved

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 114
golfer
November 18, 2019, 8:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from mariner91

The only reason I can think of for such a serious lack of judgement is that the pressure was starting to tell and he couldn't contain his emotions after a difficult home defeat. Maybe he really had had enough and was happy to leave if that is the case, perhaps the realities of first team management weren't what he thought it would be.

If this was the case,why would he have recently  applied for other managerial jobs. I think he just lost the plot. Basically not astute enough to know what to do next. Maybe a few months holiday with time to reflect will do him some good but I fear no other league team will employ him at the moment. J.S.F. gave him a chance which he appears to have wasted so all I can see is for him to hope that a lower league team will be prepared to allow him to resurrect his career. I hope so but personally I don't think he is cut out for the pressures involved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 114
rancido
November 18, 2019, 8:59am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,528
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet
Tbf thought JF came across quite well, guess in any line of work if you have an outburst like MJ did you would struggle to keep your job...

Still shocked we have a budget of around 10th?  

Why are you shocked about the budget? Is it because you would rather believe spurious and unsubstantiated claims on here than the facts?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 114
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty Statement Kalxon

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.