Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: mariner91, November 17, 2019, 8:21pm
On freeview now.
Posted by: Ipswin, November 17, 2019, 8:24pm; Reply: 1
WTF?
Posted by: forza ivano, November 17, 2019, 8:26pm; Reply: 2
Rubbing my hands in anticipation. A Fenty statement after the week that we've had ? What harm could it do? šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Posted by: mariner91, November 17, 2019, 8:26pm; Reply: 3
So I'm half way through but so far he's said that the club became aware of the recording approximately 10 days ago and that they were going to have a disciplinary proceeding but that Jolley jumped the gun, assuming it would end up in a firing, and offered to leave by mutual consent.
Posted by: mariner91, November 17, 2019, 8:28pm; Reply: 4
Says that calling the budget poor is unfair. Claims that the budget for teams from 7-12th spot will be only about Ā£100K difference between them and that we're not far off. So that's Fenty speak for we have a bottom half budget. Aim is always to be 7th or higher.
Posted by: mariner91, November 17, 2019, 8:30pm; Reply: 5
Says a lot of money has been spent but not mainly on the playing side. Good news it that we've got some amazing portakabins apparently.
Posted by: GrimRob, November 17, 2019, 8:31pm; Reply: 6
https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1196160312875114497
Posted by: 3610 (Guest), November 17, 2019, 8:32pm; Reply: 7
Shits hit the fan. Time to roll out another turtle neck.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 17, 2019, 8:35pm; Reply: 8
All making sense - fair play to JF for transparency.
Posted by: denni266, November 17, 2019, 8:36pm; Reply: 9
100k is a lot for teams down here for players, but i still believe it is not the budget that was holding us back, it was the constant chopping and changing , and square pegs in round holes that did the damage. and i think this squad is capable of being play off contenders . I also  think this season would have been taken as an improvement by most and would have been happy with that. It is said that the inteligent cannot see the obvious , seems to be the case here
Posted by: Jaws, November 17, 2019, 8:40pm; Reply: 10
Thought that was a fair statement, although there is a part 2 so he might not be out of the woods yet.
Posted by: ska face, November 17, 2019, 8:41pm; Reply: 11
Jesus.

If you've got an employee lined up for a disciplinary meeting on Friday, maybe don't pay him up on the Wednesday? Common sense would dictate that you wait until Friday afternoon & see if you can bin him on the free.

Fenty's business acumen strikes again! Bet Jolley couldn't believe his luck ffs.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 17, 2019, 8:42pm; Reply: 12
Fair where fairs due...Fenty didn't have to do this tonight, obviously seen what's going on on here...and realised once that recording came out last night he had to put his head above the parapet...
Looking forward to part 2 now...I'm a celebrity can wait until later!!
Posted by: StickfordMariner, November 17, 2019, 8:42pm; Reply: 13
Everyone is going to have a view and an opinion but credit where credit is due the situation has been explained and the budget has been explained ragarding percentage of money we can use, so fair play John for telling us and now we can pick the bones out of it and see where we go from here. UTM
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 17, 2019, 8:42pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Jaws
Thought that was a fair statement, although there is a part 2 so he might not be out of the woods yet.

Hopefully part 2 lasts longer than Caitlin Jenner on Iā€™m a Celebrity
Posted by: Henryscat, November 17, 2019, 8:43pm; Reply: 15
Disciplinary about the RH tirade was set for Friday. Jolley thought he was a goner so went to see JF on Wednesday to ask for mutual consent.

JF was going to buy shares to increase playing budget as capped at 50% of eligible income but hasnā€™t needed to.

JF reckons weā€™re top 10 budget wise.
Posted by: Fishy clapper, November 17, 2019, 8:43pm; Reply: 16
State of the art portacabin šŸ˜‚
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 17, 2019, 8:47pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Fishy clapper

Happy with heating in the main stand....am I wrong to expect heated seats?
Posted by: denni266, November 17, 2019, 8:48pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Fishy clapper

Yes it was one of them new carbon nutral ones---- no heating   ;D
Posted by: GrimRob, November 17, 2019, 8:49pm; Reply: 19
Thought it was an honest statement. I was annoyed at what I thought was the sacking of MJ and uttered a few private expletives of my own when I heard of it. But I have completely accepted the situation now and hopefully Part 2 won't change my mind. I imagine Part 2 will be looking forward not back.
Posted by: Fishy clapper, November 17, 2019, 8:49pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Only heated seats in BP are the toilets, 600 fans per trap
Posted by: Rik e B, November 17, 2019, 8:50pm; Reply: 21
Lol

But all in all a good interview Imo, thanks for making some stuff clear John, he says our budget should be 10th or above and we should have aspirations for that or above.

I agree, look at the team at the start of the season when everyone knew their role and things weren't be chopped about all over the place - we were on fire and with a shrewd and sensible manager I don't see why these players can't get back to that kinda form.
Posted by: forza ivano, November 17, 2019, 8:50pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from mariner91
Says that calling the budget poor is unfair. Claims that the budget for teams from 7-12th spot will be only about Ā£100K difference between them and that we're not far off. So that's Fenty speak for we have a bottom half budget. Aim is always to be 7th or higher.

But by the end has contradicted himself by claiming weve got a top 10 budget.
Overall he was, on the Fenty scale of things, pretty good. Got to love the bloke, was almost crying with laughter as he extolled the virtue and expense of the new portakabin s. Happy days are here againšŸ˜šŸ¾šŸ¾šŸ¾šŸ¾šŸ‘šŸ‘
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, November 17, 2019, 8:50pm; Reply: 23
I guess we have not got new owners then?
Posted by: AndyGTFC, November 17, 2019, 8:52pm; Reply: 24
So it was never to do with results as first claimed in the statement, which did seem ridiculous, and if it wasn't for the video leaking nobody would have been any the wiser.

At least that makes things a bit clearer now however.
Posted by: lukeo, November 17, 2019, 8:52pm; Reply: 25
To be honest by the sounds of what i was told we are very old school and out dated and MJ tried to bring us into the 20th century atleast and got people using technology  ;D
Posted by: forza ivano, November 17, 2019, 8:57pm; Reply: 26
Just 1 question. Jf saidhe was prepared to buy some new shares in order to boost the budget. Is there any reason whyhecouldnt have made those shares available to the general public? I'm sure many of would've dived in
Posted by: denni266, November 17, 2019, 8:58pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from lukeo
To be honest by the sounds of what i was told we are very old school and out dated and MJ tried to bring us into the 20th century atleast and got people using technology  ;D

Ah that will be the new digital tea machine.. take some training to use one of them things . Oi macca  you want  green . herbal or  lemon  tea lol  ;D
Posted by: denni266, November 17, 2019, 8:59pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from forza ivano
Just 1 question. Jf saidhe was prepared to buy some new shares in order to boost the budget. Is there any reason whyhecouldnt have made those shares available to the general public? I'm sure many of would've dived in

Its called being in controll  ;)
Posted by: psgmariner, November 17, 2019, 9:02pm; Reply: 29
You can buy shares. I did in September. Just ring, email or google it...
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, November 17, 2019, 9:10pm; Reply: 30
A bit cheeky talking about a disciplinary case and Gross misconduct that never actually happened. All JF had to say was that the video appeared and Jolley left by mutual consent.
Posted by: Ipswin, November 17, 2019, 9:14pm; Reply: 31
Sounds to me very much like Jolley saw a chance / excuse to walk and took it
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 17, 2019, 9:18pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from chaos33
Canā€™t get it to play on Twitter. Is it because I donā€™t have a twitter account?

It's on the OS.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/november/freeview--john-fenty-interview/
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 17, 2019, 9:22pm; Reply: 33
Wish they'd hurry up and put part 2 on the OS..!!!
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, November 17, 2019, 9:22pm; Reply: 34
Tbf thought JF came across quite well, guess in any line of work if you have an outburst like MJ did you would struggle to keep your job...

Still shocked we have a budget of around 10th?  
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 17, 2019, 9:38pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from 3610
Shits hit the fan. Time to roll out another turtle neck.

I've actually got that Jim Royle euphemism *turtle's head" in my mind thinking of a non-chairman statement.....  :-/
Posted by: LH, November 17, 2019, 9:41pm; Reply: 36
Has anyone had the balls to do a Fenty screengrab/ Prince Andrew interview quote crossover yet?
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 17, 2019, 9:44pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from LH
Has anyone had the balls to do a Fenty screengrab/ Prince Andrew interview quote crossover yet?

I've no recollection of that  ;)
Posted by: heppy88, November 17, 2019, 9:54pm; Reply: 38
Good interview. The OS states part two will be about the takeover and the mystery of the Rolls Royce. Good to be getting some much needed info. Just hope it has some substance.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, November 17, 2019, 9:57pm; Reply: 39
Part two after john as finished watching am a celebrity
Posted by: RichMariner, November 17, 2019, 10:00pm; Reply: 40
I'd imagine Jolley would've wanted to walk away from this without the details of that exchange with RH coming to light. Now that they have, I seriously doubt he'll work as a first team manager in the EFL again.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 17, 2019, 10:04pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from RichMariner
I'd imagine Jolley would've wanted to walk away from this without the details of that exchange with RH coming to light. Now that they have, I seriously doubt he'll work as a first team manager in the EFL again.

I seriously canā€™t quite understand how a seemingly intelligent man could get himself into this situation especially after his faux pas 10 years earlier.
Posted by: RichMariner, November 17, 2019, 10:08pm; Reply: 42
It's a real shame for him because, having never played the game professionally, he's had to work so hard to earn this opportunity. One serious error of judgment and he's probably lost any future chance of being a first team football manager (in this country at least).
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, November 17, 2019, 10:11pm; Reply: 43
When he talks about top 10 for budget what is that exactly?? Is that for on buying players or on players wages?? What does that mean??
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, November 17, 2019, 10:12pm; Reply: 44
Fair play to Mr fenty on the open and honest statement, already said a few times I thought we'd put a bit of money in this season with some of the signings we've made so was suprised to hear jolley moan about the budget in his outburst

can't wait for part 2 and the big 'rolls Royce man' reveal haha
Posted by: GrimRob, November 17, 2019, 10:14pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
When he talks about top 10 for budget what is that exactly?? Is that for on buying players or on players wages?? What does that mean??

I think it's the total expenditure. All the rules are here - see Appendix B:

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financial-fair-play-regulations/
Posted by: chaos33, November 17, 2019, 10:18pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I seriously canā€™t quite understand how a seemingly intelligent man could get himself into this situation especially after his faux pas 10 years earlier.

You know what, thatā€™s exactly what I donā€™t get. Even if he felt he was ā€˜off the recordā€™ it showed seriously poor professional judgement for a smart, measured, articulate guy. I guess there must be a side to him unknown to most but it really shocked and saddened me because I really liked him and wanted him to do well and he always came across as much less peevish that most if not all of our recent managers.

Also, his response to the disciplinary meeting looks ill judged too, unless he did want out. Fenty gave the impression in that interview that a sacking was by no means imminent or a certainty. As an intelligent guy, why did he fall on his sword before the hearing? Why not bide your time and judge where it was likely to go? Was it a financial call - mutual consent securing a payment where a sacking for gross misconduct wouldnā€™t? Pardon my ignorance in that final point.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 17, 2019, 10:18pm; Reply: 47
For gawds sake....I'm like a cat on a hot tin roof....reckon they're keeping us in suspense, part 2 will upload tomorrow....
Is it about roller man?
Is it about a new manager?
Is it about Schutes?
Or even a new ground...
All I know is I can't concentrate on I'm a celebrity with all this anticipation and I've refreshed my ifollow 75 times now!!!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 17, 2019, 10:23pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from chaos33

You know what, thatā€™s exactly what I donā€™t get. Even if he felt he was ā€˜off the recordā€™ it showed seriously poor professional judgement for a smart, measured, articulate guy. I guess there must be a side to him unknown to most but it really shocked and saddened me because I really liked him and wanted him to do well and he always came across as much less peevish that most if not all of our recent managers.

Also, his response to the disciplinary meeting looks ill judged too, unless he did want out. Fenty gave the impression in that interview that a sacking was by no means imminent or a certainty. As an intelligent guy, why did he fall on his sword before the hearing? Why not bide your time and judge where it was likely to go? Was it a financial call - mutual consent securing a payment where a sacking for gross misconduct wouldnā€™t? Pardon my ignorance in that final point.

Iā€™m with you. No one goes through life without making a serious misjudgment but this just seems bonkers after heā€™s gone through something bonkers ten years previous. I liked the bloke, loads of fans cut him quite a lot of slack but heā€™s not likely to get much of a career in football after this.
Posted by: mariner91, November 17, 2019, 10:31pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from chaos33

The only reason I can think of for such a serious lack of judgement is that the pressure was starting to tell and he couldn't contain his emotions after a difficult home defeat. Maybe he really had had enough and was happy to leave if that is the case, perhaps the realities of first team management weren't what he thought it would be.
Posted by: marinerdazza, November 17, 2019, 10:33pm; Reply: 50
Iā€™ve said enough on this, much of it while in a foul mood and after red wine. Just one last point, Iā€™m pretty sure there were a couple of posters on here whoā€™d heard about the incident the week after the Orient game and alluded to it in posts. So Iā€™m surprised to learn that the directors only became aware 10 days ago.

Ah well. Horrible week. Glad itā€™s over.
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, November 17, 2019, 10:45pm; Reply: 51
Very honest tbf. I'm disliking Jolley more and more evry day
Posted by: Sigone, November 17, 2019, 10:51pm; Reply: 52
Radio Humberside on Friday I'm sure said they had an announcement to make this week..wonder if that's why part 2 is being held back..the 2 are linked..maybe??
Posted by: moosey_club, November 17, 2019, 10:57pm; Reply: 53
So there is a video of the incident, not just audio ??  I wonder if the club will be selling a DVD of that as a stocking filler for Christmas.

Regards the statement, nice explanation of the events leading to what has happened......but the rest of it just typical JF gobbledeegook and meandering ramblings, you can tell he is a politician. Why does he have to go on beyond that initial clearing of the situation?

There was also another incident, an altercation in the tunnel at half time, but i wont mention that as it has been dealt with !!!

Radio humberside do like to needle, arent positive and position it to get people the sack.......way to build bridges there John.  

Posted by: headingly_mariner, November 17, 2019, 10:57pm; Reply: 54
I always find it strange when people describe something like this as a very honest statement. How would we know? I mean we can take it on trust but MJ could have a completely differing version of this truth.
Posted by: 139914 (Guest), November 17, 2019, 11:09pm; Reply: 55
And of course, we all believe the megalomaniac.  Get real guys, Fenty has done NOTHING  for this club.  Endless poor decisions yet you and I pay for them.  Do we get our money back for this clowns poor decisions?  FFS stop going, he doesnā€™t care about anyone but him.  Force the clown out!!!
Posted by: mariner tommy, November 17, 2019, 11:14pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Still froze my b**** off last home game, as usual !!
Posted by: Croxton, November 17, 2019, 11:15pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from moosey_club
So there is a video of the incident, not just audio ??  I wonder if the club will be selling a DVD of that as a stocking filler for Christmas.

Regards the statement, nice explanation of the events leading to what has happened......but the rest of it just typical JF gobbledeegook and meandering ramblings, you can tell he is a politician. Why does he have to go on beyond that initial clearing of the situation?

There was also another incident, an altercation in the tunnel at half time, but i wont mention that as it has been dealt with !!!

Radio humberside do like to needle, arent positive and position it to get people the sack.......way to build bridges there John.  
.............................................................................................................................................................................................................

Graham Alexander was sacked by Scunny when they were 5th in the league and when he had the second best win ratio of any of their managers. His last post match interview was by Mike White. Very probing about whether he thought his job was in danger. Cringing and embarrassing. Alexander kept his dignity, got Fleetwood and Salford promoted and today has a big spread interview in the Sunday Times.

Posted by: Mayaman, November 17, 2019, 11:39pm; Reply: 58
FFS.   A manager under pressure vents using a few expletives and poor journalists complain.  What would they have done when Cloughie was around?  Now we are managerless.  Thanks Radio Humberside.  Humberside doesn't even exist.  We're N. E. Lincs!!
Posted by: Tommy, November 17, 2019, 11:42pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from Mayaman
FFS.   A manager under pressure vents using a few expletives and poor journalists complain.  What would they have done when Cloughie was around?  Now we are managerless.  Thanks Radio Humberside.  Humberside doesn't even exist.  We're N. E. Lincs!!

You make it sound like we're flying high in the promotion spots and have just lost the best manager in the history of our Club.

We were going nowhere.
Posted by: Rik e B, November 18, 2019, 12:00am; Reply: 60
Personally I've heard people bleating much worse expletive ridden rants, whether it amounts to bringing the Club into disrepute and tantamount to gross misconduct I'm not sure. Personally I'd forgive a sincere apology and move on, whether that can be done in the workplace when you bad mouth yiur employers again I'm not sure.

Screaming at journos, although not representing his position as the spearhead of the club in a great fashion, I'm sure Sir Alex and plenty others have severely vented spleen at their ilk over the years.

Im as frustrated as any with our progress (or lack of) under Con. John's watch but it wasn't him who flipped out and caused this scene, it wasn't the Club who released footage so I don't know why he's getting attacked in this instance.

Of course the club would have known more than it previously admitted to to the press, all football clubs keep what they can behind closed doors as best as possible.
Posted by: Teestogreen, November 18, 2019, 12:06am; Reply: 61
So what is Kalxon? Just been through all these posts after a weekend away and finding out tonight that the manager has 'left'.

Thursday morning was spent with a mate (Carlisle supporter)  discussing the Carlisle manager's departure - with me - saying that it was ' a toss up' which one was first (Pressley or Jolley), and me believing that the Carlisle manager should have had a stay of execution after the fine win at non league Dulwich (on National TV).
Did believe that Jolley was in trouble, after failing to capitalise on the great win at Exeter (following my information how to counteract them) - by mucking up the team again. Postponements haven't helped but given the directors time / ammunition to make the decision.
Could be 2 points adrift of play offs if games in hand won. (on the bright side).    
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, November 18, 2019, 1:12am; Reply: 62
Fair play to Mr fenty on the open and honest statement, already said a few times I thought we'd put a bit of money in this season with some of the signings we've made so was suprised to hear jolley moan about the budget in his outburst

can't wait for part 2 and the big 'rolls Royce man' reveal haha

Whats with all the stuff coming out about a Rolls Royce? Have I missed something?
Posted by: Rik e B, November 18, 2019, 1:44am; Reply: 63
[img]https://i.imgur.com/OtB0Nbc.jpg[/img]
Posted by: Rik e B, November 18, 2019, 1:45am; Reply: 64
Disclaimer: all posts for entertainment purpose only.
Posted by: fiveallive, November 18, 2019, 2:44am; Reply: 65
Quoted from mariner91
Says a lot of money has been spent but not mainly on the playing side. Good news it that we've got some amazing portakabins apparently.

I laughed when I heard that Paul Hurst said he got a new portakabin instead of a fitness coach.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 18, 2019, 7:33am; Reply: 66
Quoted from Rik e B
Personally I've heard people bleating much worse expletive ridden rants, whether it amounts to bringing the Club into disrepute and tantamount to gross misconduct I'm not sure. Personally I'd forgive a sincere apology and move on, whether that can be done in the workplace when you bad mouth yiur employers again I'm not sure.

Screaming at journos, although not representing his position as the spearhead of the club in a great fashion, I'm sure Sir Alex and plenty others have severely vented spleen at their ilk over the years.

Im as frustrated as any with our progress (or lack of) under Con. John's watch but it wasn't him who flipped out and caused this scene, it wasn't the Club who released footage so I don't know why he's getting attacked in this instance.

Of course the club would have known more than it previously admitted to to the press, all football clubs keep what they can behind closed doors as best as possible.

I think any form of verbal abuse to that level could be seen as gross miss conduct as there was somebody directly on the receiving end it's immaterial whether they where a 3rd party or not.

Up until Friday if Jolley was going to have a disciplinary then nothing could have come out anyway as it's Private & Confidential but I'm actually really disappointed it was leaked afterwards as I'm sure Jolley regrets what he did and putting the recording out there feels like he's being kicked when he's down, lets face it I'm not sure he's feeling very proud of himself at the moment and he's also unemployed as well.  

Do I think the club was right to take formal action? 100% Do I think we where going nowhere on the pitch? 200% Do I think it will be "eat sleep repeat" with the next Manager? 300% as long as JF is still in charge.

Posted by: Ipswin, November 18, 2019, 8:39am; Reply: 67
Quoted from RichMariner
he's probably lost any future chance of being a first team football manager (in this country at least).

All football clubs in UK are greatly relieved

Posted by: golfer, November 18, 2019, 8:49am; Reply: 68
Quoted from mariner91

The only reason I can think of for such a serious lack of judgement is that the pressure was starting to tell and he couldn't contain his emotions after a difficult home defeat. Maybe he really had had enough and was happy to leave if that is the case, perhaps the realities of first team management weren't what he thought it would be.

If this was the case,why would he have recently  applied for other managerial jobs. I think he just lost the plot. Basically not astute enough to know what to do next. Maybe a few months holiday with time to reflect will do him some good but I fear no other league team will employ him at the moment. J.S.F. gave him a chance which he appears to have wasted so all I can see is for him to hope that a lower league team will be prepared to allow him to resurrect his career. I hope so but personally I don't think he is cut out for the pressures involved.
Posted by: rancido, November 18, 2019, 8:59am; Reply: 69
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet
Tbf thought JF came across quite well, guess in any line of work if you have an outburst like MJ did you would struggle to keep your job...

Still shocked we have a budget of around 10th?  

Why are you shocked about the budget? Is it because you would rather believe spurious and unsubstantiated claims on here than the facts?
Posted by: Heisenberg, November 18, 2019, 9:06am; Reply: 70
Not everyone will agree, but I'd give Fenty some credit here.  It's very difficult to do an interview like that and try to explain the ins and outs of financial fair play, share options and all sorts of other stuff that IS totally relevant, but complicated.  He's tried his best to put this in layman's terms, but it's clearly not easy.

I want Fenty to sell up like everyone else, and I am indeed sick of the lack of progress.  I'm sure that John is of the same opinion too, he wants out and I'd be the same in his shoes.

Clearly MJ has let himself down badly, and he wanted out; if he was desperate to keep his job he'd have gone to the hearing and could possibly have stayed in place.  Like JF said, it's not predetermined what the outcome will be, although I am of the opinion that the club would have been well within their rights to sack him.

All in all, fair play to John for coming out and putting us in the picture.  Regarding budget, if we do indeed have a 7-12th spot budget, then MJ, and many of us, have been way off the mark regarding our speculation on this.  Of course we want a Top 3 budget, but we don't have the income at present.  It's such a shame, though, that the club are having to invest in BP to keep it up to scratch - I can't help but think this is futile, and whilst necessary short-term, is a waste of money, long-term.

Let's see what Part 2 has to say.  I'm intrigued, but not expecting much detail.

Posted by: golfer, November 18, 2019, 9:33am; Reply: 71
Quoted from rancido

Why are you shocked about the budget? Is it because you would rather believe spurious and unsubstantiated claims on here than the facts?

A lot of people on here believe what they want to believe so just ignore the facts. JSF explained how it works but people ( the same people) just want blood all the time. He has made mistakes but to some people he can do no right.
Posted by: gtfckyle, November 18, 2019, 12:27pm; Reply: 72
part 2 up!
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, November 18, 2019, 12:32pm; Reply: 73
Around 30 job applicants and some good ones,

Interesting
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, November 18, 2019, 12:33pm; Reply: 74
Just watched Part 2

- talk of 1 in 1 out on player movement in Jan , all funds available spent at beginning of season , he acknowledges width is required ,
- JF believes we have a really good side and that this season is not dead + buried
- the rolls royce was briefly mentioned, that was to do with the playing side of things
- talks of two interested parties regards a takeover, still wanting proof of funds re running the football club, says long way from seeing a deal
- the disciplinary meeting was set up which could of resulted in a wrap on the knuckles for MJ, but JF says MJ knew what the outcome would be so asked for mutual consent
- Wednesday is main focus at the mo a juicy fixture with the 2nd round described as even juicier
- Moore is assisting AL with a other ( we now know thats Ben Davies
- JF mentions 30/40/50 applicants received and more interest than previous  
Posted by: forza ivano, November 18, 2019, 12:47pm; Reply: 75
that's probably the best i/v i've seen him do in ages..
i think it's patently obvious that he didn't want it to end like this, and he hinted that he shared Jolley's frustration with Humberside.
seems very frustrated with Shutes and the other party interested, over lack of funds. Have to say i'm not surprised he's frustrated - Shutes has now been dealing with the club for about a year, possibly more, but still hasn't provided proof of funds.
no takeover in the near future.
Posted by: excusebeef, November 18, 2019, 12:54pm; Reply: 76
I'm not impressed with the fact that an off the record discussion gets leaked in the first place. Jolley was right to mention Radio Humbersides negativity, he just did it in the wrong way. Listening to Tondeur sometimes makes me want to jump off a bridge when he's commentating.

Something's not right at our club. As good as our fans are, there are some perpetual moaners where nothing is good enough. It usually ends up with managers losing it with the fans or getting the sack.

Surely it can't be 10 years of poor management recruitment that's to blame here can it?
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, November 18, 2019, 1:06pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from excusebeef
I'm not impressed with the fact that an off the record discussion gets leaked in the first place. Jolley was right to mention Radio Humbersides negativity, he just did it in the wrong way. Listening to Tondeur sometimes makes me want to jump off a bridge when he's commentating.

Something's not right at our club. As good as our fans are, there are some perpetual moaners where nothing is good enough. It usually ends up with managers losing it with the fans or getting the sack.

Surely it can't be 10 years of poor management recruitment that's to blame here can it?

He lost it long before this interview. 1 winger at the club. 3 - 5 - 2 with any Tom, male private or Harry playing at Wing Back. A manager lives and dies by his decisions. Some of Jolleys were frankly appalling.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 18, 2019, 1:09pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from Ipswin

All football clubs in UK are greatly relieved

I was half expecting MJ to take a swipe at you on his way out to be honest

I heard all about King Matt Dean, King Burnsy, King Gwilym but he left out the Fishy and a possible King Swin....    ;)
Posted by: crusty ole pie, November 18, 2019, 1:38pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I heard all about King Matt Dean, King Burnsy, King Gwilym but he left out the Fishy and a possible King Swin....    ;)

Should be an interesting listen tonight with mr.f on sports talk
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 18, 2019, 1:45pm; Reply: 80
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Swin was proved right though Tim,

I thought Jolley was going to make a good job of it but with his confusing tactics and now this outburst its a good job he has gone.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 18, 2019, 1:46pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Should be an interesting listen tonight with mr.f on sports talk

I didn't know he was on there tonight

I'll make sure I tune in at 6-55 to catch the latest Town news then.... that's when it's usually on isn't it?  ;)
Posted by: Heisenberg, November 18, 2019, 1:53pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from grimsby pete

I thought Jolley was going to make a good job of it but with his confusing tactics and now this outburst its a good job he has gone.

Pete - you might wanna rethink the text you have at the foot of your posts........

"Over 32 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
64 Years following the Town
Michael Jolley's  Black and White Army."
Posted by: psgmariner, November 18, 2019, 1:56pm; Reply: 83
I'm still trying to work out what a Kalxon is.
Posted by: sam gy, November 18, 2019, 1:57pm; Reply: 84
People seem more than happy to jump on Dean, Burns, etc, but having listened to almost all matches on Humberside this season, I can safely say that the most negative person about Town on the station is probably Buckley.

And rightly soā€¦.all heā€™s doing is commentating on the matchā€¦no agenda against the club and knows his onions. Heā€™s saying what he sees, and what he sees is, more often than not, absolutely crap.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 18, 2019, 2:12pm; Reply: 85
Quoted from grimsby pete

He probably was proved right Pete

To be fair to Swin, even before MJ was appointed he had no qualms about calling him out and he stuck to this throughout his tenure as manager

I'm not able to condone the outburst but how we do we know what triggered it.... it sounded to me as part of a longer "discussion" so we don't know how it started or finished

The fact that it was off the record but then sneakily leaked on Twitter and then taken down is what troubles me...

We don't know who the leak was which means that they will still be in and around the place going forward.... that's a concern imho

Posted by: mariner91, November 18, 2019, 2:18pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from psgmariner
I'm still trying to work out what a Kalxon is.

Itā€™s a typo cause I have fat thumbs.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 18, 2019, 2:28pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from Heisenberg

Pete - you might wanna rethink the text you have at the foot of your posts........

"Over 32 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
64 Years following the Town
Michael Jolley's  Black and White Army."

Sorted
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, November 18, 2019, 2:35pm; Reply: 88
Hmmm cryptic Pete, , , ,  so first name 5 letters and second name 4 letters yeh?  ;) ,, , , ,

? ? ? ? ?        ? ? ? ?
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, November 18, 2019, 2:46pm; Reply: 89
I thought Kalxon was an Eastern European drug company.
The warning bells started ringing.
Posted by: gobby, November 18, 2019, 3:13pm; Reply: 90
Hmmm cryptic Pete, , , ,  so first name 5 letters and second name 4 letters yeh?  ;) ,, , , ,

? ? ? ? ?        ? ? ? ?

Mmmmm Keith Hill?šŸ˜Ž
UTMM
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 18, 2019, 3:16pm; Reply: 91
Quoted from sam gy
People seem more than happy to jump on Dean, Burns, etc, but having listened to almost all matches on Humberside this season, I can safely say that the most negative person about Town on the station is probably Buckley.

And rightly soā€¦.all heā€™s doing is commentating on the matchā€¦no agenda against the club and knows his onions. Heā€™s saying what he sees, and what he sees is, more often than not, absolutely crap.

That was exactly the comment my wife heard as she listens to the matches on RH.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 18, 2019, 3:21pm; Reply: 92
Quoted from gobby

Mmmmm Keith Hill?šŸ˜Ž
UTMM

Oh lord

Robby fwlr
Posted by: heppy88, November 18, 2019, 3:38pm; Reply: 93
Full credit to Fenty for the interview. No closer to new owners - disappointing for fans and Fenty, but better to be safe than sorry. He genuinely comes across as having the clubs best interests at heart. Just wish any prospective owner can come up with the goods. Finances also seem to be good so a thumbs up for that. Donā€™t suppose many clubs at our level can say that? No mention of the new ground - again disappointing but I guess this will now depend on any takeover.
I just wish we could get updates more often and not just when some incident arises. UTMM!
Posted by: Gaffer58, November 18, 2019, 3:55pm; Reply: 94
Jolley probably thought he could have a go at the radio Humberside staff because behind closed doors Mr Fenty had warned him about how he thinks they treat Town, problem was he was a bit wound up due to the 4-0 thrashing and he just gave both barrels without thinking, to Mr Fenty even this was over the top, plus Jolley's mention of the budget, which was perceived as a dig at Mr Fenty.
    On a footballing side I would guess that even Hansen was getting fed up of the style of football, a big hoof where he was expected to work wonders and bring other players into the game.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 18, 2019, 4:22pm; Reply: 95
I thought Kalxon was an Eastern European drug company.
The warning bells started ringing.

Nah it was a glass company from Lithuania that resettled on Victoria Street, Simeon Kalxon.

Posted by: grimsby pete, November 18, 2019, 5:13pm; Reply: 96

? ? ? ? ?        ? ? ? ?

I like to keep you guessing  ;D
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 18, 2019, 5:18pm; Reply: 97
Can anybody explain the players budget to me please ?

Honest John said its regulated to how much we can spend and Jolley spent it all at the beginning of the season,

Jolley who is an educated man said the budget was crap.

Who is right ?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 18, 2019, 5:31pm; Reply: 98
Quoted from grimsby pete
Can anybody explain the players budget to me please ?

Honest John said its regulated to how much we can spend and Jolley spent it all at the beginning of the season,

Jolley who is an educated man said the budget was crap.

Who is right ?

We can only spend a set percentage of income on player wages Pete - clubs like Salford, FGR & Scunny get over it by their chairmen buying more & more shares & not wanting their money back.

Sort of how it works in a nutshell.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 18, 2019, 5:42pm; Reply: 99
Quoted from MuddyWaters

We can only spend a set percentage of income on player wages Pete - clubs like Salford, FGR & Scunny get over it by their chairmen buying more & more shares & not wanting their money back.

Sort of how it works in a nutshell.

Thanks OC  so Jolley thought  Fenty  should be buying more shares then.

Solution could be as John has said he does not want his benign loans back he could turn them into shares,

Would that work ?

He could then recoup his money when some mad man comes and buys all the shares.
Posted by: Grimal, November 18, 2019, 6:17pm; Reply: 100

? ? ? ? ?        ? ? ? ?

SLADE           RUSS       (helpsmilie)
Posted by: Rik e B, November 18, 2019, 7:42pm; Reply: 101
klaxon
/Ėˆklaks(ə)n/
nounTRADEMARK
an electric horn or warning hooter.
"the tug blew its klaxon three times"

āš ļøšŸ‘
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 18, 2019, 8:10pm; Reply: 102
Quoted from Rik e B
klaxon
/Ėˆklaks(ə)n/
nounTRADEMARK
an electric horn or warning hooter.
"the tug blew its klaxon three times"

āš ļøšŸ‘

Look at the thread and spot the spelling mistake....
Posted by: BottesfordMariner, November 18, 2019, 9:02pm; Reply: 103
I think that was one of the best interviews JF has given. Very honest and revealed what he could.

I have been/ am a critic of JF but I have never doubted he genuinely has the best interests of GTFC at heart. He has made plenty of mistakes of which i am sure he would say himself.

He realises it is time for him to step aside but wants to ensure he leaves us in good hands. Surely that's we we all want. Owners who can take the club forward. Plenty of clubs have jumped into bed with new owners without due diligence and look whats happened to lots of them. We dont want to become another Bury/Bolton/ Notts Co of recent times or the likes of  Leeds, Sunderland, Coventry and others from a few years ago.

Posted by: toontown, November 18, 2019, 9:34pm; Reply: 104
Quoted from mariner91

no he says difference from 7th to 12th is about 100k and we will be in that range, ie 7th to 12th.

he then says we're not far off a side that should have reasonable expectations of success.

He later says he expects to be in the top 10 in budget terms this season and if were managed well for that to be reflected in a good season.
Posted by: moosey_club, November 18, 2019, 9:51pm; Reply: 105
Quoted from BottesfordMariner
I think that was one of the best interviews JF has given. Very honest and revealed what he could.

I have been/ am a critic of JF but I have never doubted he genuinely has the best interests of GTFC at heart. He has made plenty of mistakes of which i am sure he would say himself.

He realises it is time for him to step aside but wants to ensure he leaves us in good hands. Surely that's we we all want. Owners who can take the club forward. Plenty of clubs have jumped into bed with new owners without due diligence and look whats happened to lots of them. We dont want to become another Bury/Bolton/ Notts Co of recent times or the likes of  Leeds, Sunderland, Coventry and others from a few years ago.

The only thing that gripes with that is... its ok judging every other suitor but he is only taking out at the moment himself, its ok saying he wants to ensure our future is in good hands but the longer he holds the club the weaker it gets, the less attractive it gets, the less competetive we become.
In reality anyone who comes in and underwrites the potential losses as JF does (circa Ā£300k was it ?? ) and doesnt take out Ā£100k - Ā£200k a season would potentially be taking the club forward.

Posted by: chaos33, November 18, 2019, 9:53pm; Reply: 106
I thought John did a very good job on RH tonight. He too will be feeling hurt and perplexed like most of us. He showed dignity, candour and stoicism.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 18, 2019, 9:59pm; Reply: 107
Quoted from moosey_club

The only thing that gripes with that is... its ok judging every other suitor but he is only taking out at the moment himself, its ok saying he wants to ensure our future is in good hands but the longer he holds the club the weaker it gets, the less attractive it gets, the less competetive we become.
In reality anyone who comes in and underwrites the potential losses as JF does (circa Ā£300k was it ?? ) and doesnt take out Ā£100k - Ā£200k a season would potentially be taking the club forward.

I was talking to an AFC Wimbledon fan about this on Friday. They clearly understand the perils of such matters and his words, very well meant, were that it was better to have a chairman than no club to have a chairman of.

John Fenty has clearly had enough of people like me who have tended to stick the boot in. I get it. But Iā€™d rather he hang around till we get someone who can take the club forward.
Posted by: mimma, November 18, 2019, 10:15pm; Reply: 108
What interested meme was how he explained that the financial fair play rules meant that we could only spend half the money we made from last years cup run this year and the rest next year.

Baffling!!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 19, 2019, 8:15pm; Reply: 109
Didnā€™t explain why the original statement referred to poor run of form. That isnā€™t relevant at all to the reasons given in the interview for Jolleyā€™s departure. Who writes that stuff? Is it a club employee going off-piste again like the chief bouncer did?

A classic Fentyism, amongst the many, that tickled me was something along the lines of ā€œthatā€™s the wrong time to take on the local mediaā€. yes, that stuff is best left to a fans forum  ;D.
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, November 19, 2019, 8:29pm; Reply: 110
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Didnā€™t explain why the original statement referred to poor run of form. That isnā€™t relevant at all to the reasons given in the interview for Jolleyā€™s departure. Who writes that stuff? Is it a club employee going off-piste again like the chief bouncer did?

A classic Fentyism, amongst the many, that tickled me was something along the lines of ā€œthatā€™s the wrong time to take on the local mediaā€. yes, that stuff is best left to a fans forum  ;D.

Exactly don't try to take them when they are all together in a room. You need to carefully set them up so you can attack from all sides, unlike how Jolley had us playing.

The wearing of a turtle neck and brown leather jacket are optional but highly recommended in this process also.  ;D

In all seriousness though I think it is getting a bit concerning that several past managers have criticised RH in various ways for their approach. They cannot all be wrong.

The best for me was when Matt Dean reported Curtis Woodhouse was joining the club in some coaching capacity. I still think someone fed him a yarn to see if he fell for it.
Posted by: Rik e B, November 19, 2019, 8:57pm; Reply: 111
It's often smoke and mirrors with any football club putting on a front hiding the dirty truth. Especially if there was a mutual agreement for a quiet parting of the ways.

But the leaked audio has forced clubs hand and fair play to Fenty for telling us a bit. But I still think there a few white lies and cover ups (for example: the guy in Rolls was about the playing budget, the playing budget that all maxed out and sorted you mean?) but that to be expected, some things are on a need to know basis.

Also remember the interview was done by an employee of the club, so all the questions would be known and scripted with the answers to be given already known, despite putting on a look of off the cuff genuinity.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 19, 2019, 9:16pm; Reply: 112
Quoted from Rik e B
It's often smoke and mirrors with any football club putting on a front hiding the dirty truth. Especially if there was a mutual agreement for a quiet parting of the ways.

But the leaked audio has forced clubs hand and fair play to Fenty for telling us a bit. But I still think there a few white lies and cover ups (for example: the guy in Rolls was about the playing budget, the playing budget that all maxed out and sorted you mean?) but that to be expected, some things are on a need to know basis.

Also remember the interview was done by an employee of the club, so all the questions would be known and scripted with the answers to be given already known, despite putting on a look of off the cuff genuinity.

Of course the questions were pre-planned but would you rather he gave some answers rather than none.

In terms of John Fentyā€™s recent record on PR, this was almost triumphant.
Posted by: Rik e B, November 19, 2019, 9:24pm; Reply: 113
I agree. The klaxon went off and I was ready to run for the bunkers expecting massive boll*ck dropping left right and centre šŸƒšŸ˜‚
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 8:00am