12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
RichMariner
November 17, 2019, 10:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,131
Gold Stars: 209
I'd imagine Jolley would've wanted to walk away from this without the details of that exchange with RH coming to light. Now that they have, I seriously doubt he'll work as a first team manager in the EFL again.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 40 - 114
MuddyWaters
November 17, 2019, 10:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from RichMariner
I'd imagine Jolley would've wanted to walk away from this without the details of that exchange with RH coming to light. Now that they have, I seriously doubt he'll work as a first team manager in the EFL again.

I seriously can’t quite understand how a seemingly intelligent man could get himself into this situation especially after his faux pas 10 years earlier.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 114
RichMariner
November 17, 2019, 10:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,131
Gold Stars: 209
It's a real shame for him because, having never played the game professionally, he's had to work so hard to earn this opportunity. One serious error of judgment and he's probably lost any future chance of being a first team football manager (in this country at least).

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 42 - 114
Mariner Timsky
November 17, 2019, 10:11pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
When he talks about top 10 for budget what is that exactly?? Is that for on buying players or on players wages?? What does that mean??

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 114
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
November 17, 2019, 10:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Fair play to Mr fenty on the open and honest statement, already said a few times I thought we'd put a bit of money in this season with some of the signings we've made so was suprised to hear jolley moan about the budget in his outburst

can't wait for part 2 and the big 'rolls Royce man' reveal haha
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 114
GrimRob
November 17, 2019, 10:14pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,400
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
When he talks about top 10 for budget what is that exactly?? Is that for on buying players or on players wages?? What does that mean??

I think it's the total expenditure. All the rules are here - see Appendix B:

https://www.efl.com/-more/gove.....ir-play-regulations/

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 45 - 114
chaos33
November 17, 2019, 10:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,927
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I seriously can’t quite understand how a seemingly intelligent man could get himself into this situation especially after his faux pas 10 years earlier.

You know what, that’s exactly what I don’t get. Even if he felt he was ‘off the record’ it showed seriously poor professional judgement for a smart, measured, articulate guy. I guess there must be a side to him unknown to most but it really shocked and saddened me because I really liked him and wanted him to do well and he always came across as much less peevish that most if not all of our recent managers.

Also, his response to the disciplinary meeting looks ill judged too, unless he did want out. Fenty gave the impression in that interview that a sacking was by no means imminent or a certainty. As an intelligent guy, why did he fall on his sword before the hearing? Why not bide your time and judge where it was likely to go? Was it a financial call - mutual consent securing a payment where a sacking for gross misconduct wouldn’t? Pardon my ignorance in that final point.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 114
Northbank Mariner
November 17, 2019, 10:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
For gawds sake....I'm like a cat on a hot tin roof....reckon they're keeping us in suspense, part 2 will upload tomorrow....
Is it about roller man?
Is it about a new manager?
Is it about Schutes?
Or even a new ground...
All I know is I can't concentrate on I'm a celebrity with all this anticipation and I've refreshed my ifollow 75 times now!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 114
MuddyWaters
November 17, 2019, 10:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from chaos33

You know what, that’s exactly what I don’t get. Even if he felt he was ‘off the record’ it showed seriously poor professional judgement for a smart, measured, articulate guy. I guess there must be a side to him unknown to most but it really shocked and saddened me because I really liked him and wanted him to do well and he always came across as much less peevish that most if not all of our recent managers.

Also, his response to the disciplinary meeting looks ill judged too, unless he did want out. Fenty gave the impression in that interview that a sacking was by no means imminent or a certainty. As an intelligent guy, why did he fall on his sword before the hearing? Why not bide your time and judge where it was likely to go? Was it a financial call - mutual consent securing a payment where a sacking for gross misconduct wouldn’t? Pardon my ignorance in that final point.

I’m with you. No one goes through life without making a serious misjudgment but this just seems bonkers after he’s gone through something bonkers ten years previous. I liked the bloke, loads of fans cut him quite a lot of slack but he’s not likely to get much of a career in football after this.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 114
mariner91
November 17, 2019, 10:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,586
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from chaos33

The only reason I can think of for such a serious lack of judgement is that the pressure was starting to tell and he couldn't contain his emotions after a difficult home defeat. Maybe he really had had enough and was happy to leave if that is the case, perhaps the realities of first team management weren't what he thought it would be.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 114
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty Statement Kalxon

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.