12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Malta_Mariner_90
November 19, 2019, 8:29pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Didn’t explain why the original statement referred to poor run of form. That isn’t relevant at all to the reasons given in the interview for Jolley’s departure. Who writes that stuff? Is it a club employee going off-piste again like the chief bouncer did?

A classic Fentyism, amongst the many, that tickled me was something along the lines of “that’s the wrong time to take on the local media”. yes, that stuff is best left to a fans forum  .

Exactly don't try to take them when they are all together in a room. You need to carefully set them up so you can attack from all sides, unlike how Jolley had us playing.

The wearing of a turtle neck and brown leather jacket are optional but highly recommended in this process also.  

In all seriousness though I think it is getting a bit concerning that several past managers have criticised RH in various ways for their approach. They cannot all be wrong.

The best for me was when Matt Dean reported Curtis Woodhouse was joining the club in some coaching capacity. I still think someone fed him a yarn to see if he fell for it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 114
Rik e B
November 19, 2019, 8:57pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
It's often smoke and mirrors with any football club putting on a front hiding the dirty truth. Especially if there was a mutual agreement for a quiet parting of the ways.

But the leaked audio has forced clubs hand and fair play to Fenty for telling us a bit. But I still think there a few white lies and cover ups (for example: the guy in Rolls was about the playing budget, the playing budget that all maxed out and sorted you mean?) but that to be expected, some things are on a need to know basis.

Also remember the interview was done by an employee of the club, so all the questions would be known and scripted with the answers to be given already known, despite putting on a look of off the cuff genuinity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 114
MuddyWaters
November 19, 2019, 9:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,882
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Rik e B
It's often smoke and mirrors with any football club putting on a front hiding the dirty truth. Especially if there was a mutual agreement for a quiet parting of the ways.

But the leaked audio has forced clubs hand and fair play to Fenty for telling us a bit. But I still think there a few white lies and cover ups (for example: the guy in Rolls was about the playing budget, the playing budget that all maxed out and sorted you mean?) but that to be expected, some things are on a need to know basis.

Also remember the interview was done by an employee of the club, so all the questions would be known and scripted with the answers to be given already known, despite putting on a look of off the cuff genuinity.

Of course the questions were pre-planned but would you rather he gave some answers rather than none.

In terms of John Fenty’s recent record on PR, this was almost triumphant.
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 114
Rik e B
November 19, 2019, 9:24pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I agree. The klaxon went off and I was ready to run for the bunkers expecting massive boll*ck dropping left right and centre 🏃😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 114
12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty Statement Kalxon

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.