Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Jolley having his say leaked..
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

Jolley having his say leaked..

This thread currently has 28,207 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
November 17, 2019, 9:03am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,567
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
We may well have a dire budget.  However, if so, the manager must use the money even more wisely for new players.  Then the playing resources must be used in their right positions etc to maximise the limited investment.

Buying a player that does not improve the team is more costly when on a small budget.

A settled team should also be the aim, not the exception.

The tactics can also make optimum use of the playing resources and individual abilities.

Barring Exeter away and a few other games this season, Jolley has not made the most of the players at his disposal.  Neither has he developed some players as well he he might have done.

At last, a voice of sanity in a load of hysteria. MJ knew the kind of budget he would get from his initial approach by the club but he still took the job. If the budget is so small ( and nobody has ever produced an accurate figure for this and how it relates to the rest of the league ) then why use it to bring players in and then barely use them? IMHO the whole budget issue from MJ in this tirade is merely a smokescreen to cover his own failings as a manager. I seem to recall he used the budget issue when he left that Swedish club as well.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 135
Northbank Mariner
November 17, 2019, 9:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Ipswin
Thank goodness this unhinged bank clerk wasn't given a bigger budget.

Bit strong there 'swin....I wouldn't say he's unhinged, he lost the plot in a relatively short outburst which as a manager who's representing the football club is totally unacceptable.
As for giving him a bigger budget, doesn't matter who's in charge, the budget will always be meagre and cause managers to get the most of what he CAN afford...that's where I felt MJ fell at the first hurdle for me...
But I have to say this, for as much as it pains me(jesting there)...you called it when we signed him, he just isn't cut out for first team management imho....this has shown he cannot stand the heat in the trenches...which comes with any managerial position, not just in football might I add..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 135
GollyGTFC
November 17, 2019, 9:23am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Who would have thought it? Mr "talks a good game" is actually extremely thin skinned and blames everybody but himself for the terrible results he has provided. Then again we're talking about a guy who spends his evenings after the latest dreadful performance and defeat searching through twitter and blocking any GTFC fan who voices an opinion that he was even partly to blame for the humiliation.

Good riddance.

For the record I never like him from day one, I never understood why large swathes of fans worshipped the ground he walked on and I thought he was the ultimate bullsh1tter (anybody on here who's ever been in management meetings will have met his type- good talker, uses BS jargon and delivers next to nothing for which he takes 100% personal credit for).

I'm sure he'll make a good living as an estate agent or used car salesman. But I think his football management career is over.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 72 - 135
MuddyWaters
November 17, 2019, 9:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Let’s just say that the only positive thing this tawdry episode shows is the need for the club to change from the top down. What Jolley said about negativity goes back to a rant by Newell not long before he left. Other than a decade elapsing, nothing much has changed. Even us, still putting up with a regime that has generated nothing but failure and is now desperately trying to claw back some of its’ loans.
For all those that are bemoaning Jolley, please remember who appointed him and Slade, and Rodger, and Woods, Groves, Newell and anyone else who has had to scramble round with a budget out of sync with the level of support that the club has.
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 135
OllieGTFC
November 17, 2019, 9:59am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
I think we can see why he has gone now tbh, you can probably believe the busy up with him and Wes Thomas aswell

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 135
sam gy
November 17, 2019, 10:00am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,475
Gold Stars: 55
Who is the other journo that Jolley is hating on? I can’t make the name out, Dean, Burns and he mentions someone else (not Tondeur).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 135
GollyGTFC
November 17, 2019, 10:02am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from sam gy
Who is the other journo that Jolley is hating on? I can’t make the name out, Dean, Burns and he mentions someone else (not Tondeur).

Gwillem Lloyd.

He seems to like, Sheffield-born, Ron Staton though.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 76 - 135
Rodley Mariner
November 17, 2019, 10:02am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Yeah why can't Radio Humberside be more positive about the way the club is drifting along in abject mediocrity forever blaming them and their journalists for pointing out their failings. I'd like to see Matt Dean back the club who seem to try to humiliate him at every given opportunity and fail to understand why he won't do this......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 135
GollyGTFC
November 17, 2019, 10:05am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Yeah why can't Radio Humberside be more positive about the way the club is drifting along in abject mediocrity forever blaming them and their journalists for pointing out their failings. I'd like to see Matt Dean back the club who seem to try to humiliate him at every given opportunity and fail to understand why he won't do this......

I totally agree. I listened to the whole show after the Leyton Orient game and it was all negative about Grimsby Town for the whole hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 78 - 135
Stadium
November 17, 2019, 10:07am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Nail on the head.
As for JT he's past his sell by date.
It's depressing listening to him in commentary & his interview technique is beyond a joke.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 135
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Jolley having his say leaked..

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.