Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Jolley having his say leaked..
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 19 Guests

Jolley having his say leaked..

This thread currently has 28,240 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
oochiad
November 16, 2019, 9:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,717
Gold Stars: 28
What ever the budget is he put together a decent enough team that, when on their day can beat the league leaders at their place. The thing is he couldn’t work out how to keep the team from playing well as he couldn’t stop tinkering.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 135
RichMariner
November 16, 2019, 9:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
I’m not naive enough to believe managers are exactly as they appear in front of the camera or microphone when they’re back in the changing room or at the training ground but, dear me, Jolley sounds unhinged here.

I always thought he spoke respectfully and intelligently but to hear this makes me lose sympathy with him. Journalists are there to ask tough questions.

Too many people in football just expect an easy ride and then lose their damn minds when someone dares to question their judgment. I wouldn’t want to be a journalist now. I set out with ambitions to be one but if that’s what it’s like when you’re trying to do your job then it’s more bother than it’s worth.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 11 - 135
fishboyUTM
November 16, 2019, 9:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Marinerz93
I haven't seen the budget did he show anyone the budget or just intimate it was just a bag dog shite, with no glitter.

We're a PLC so the budget is freely available each year. Off the top of my head, I believe it was around the £2m mark, but that is total wage expenditure so will include non playing staff as well. I'm sure JSF would describe it as a competitive budget, we are living to our means to be fair. Maybe we'd have more bums on seats if the manager didn't play such turgid football. Maybe the 2k attendance last week and the defensive 11 behind the ball for an hour against Real Newport finished him off. And rightly so IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 135
bobbyturtle
November 16, 2019, 9:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
oops

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 135
bobbyturtle
November 16, 2019, 9:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
oops

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 135
HertsGTFC
November 16, 2019, 9:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Listened to the link and what a complete tool if he was still here I'd be embarrassed that he's our Manager.............    

He massively contradicts himself when he goes on about being asked decent questions in all of his time as Manager of GTFC I don't think he''s aver given a straight answer. Also what's of concern is that he seems to insinuate that we would be playing in the National League if it wasn't for him or maybe I heard that wrong. Yes the budget is clearly poor but clearly his A licence course session on blame the lack of finance stuck even if how to set up a back 4 and get the players passing the ball didn't. .

Personally I think JT struggles with asking challenging questions and Matt Dean's questions are usually pretty "leading" and if he doesn't get the answer he wants he just re-phrases it again and again....... Rob Statham is decent Mike White is very good but Jolley gets one thing right Dave Burns is indeed a complete c0ck. As a licence payer I'm entitled to an opinion however I wouldn't dream of disseminating it to the above broadcasters accompanied by a volley of personal abuse.

They might be poor at their job "in his opinion" but Grimsby Town 0 - Leyton Orient 4 makes me think of the phrase "pot calling kettle". Also in defence of Matt Dean and JT nobody should have to come to work to face that level of abuse if I spoke to a customer or supplier like that I'd be fired .............. and who knows maybe that tirade was the catalyst to his exit.

Re the budget - He talks about research well clearly in his conversations with previous managers he didn't do his if he has he'd have know JF and the boys don't back managers, rarely invest in facilities for supporters and generally treat the dissenting support with contempt....... well at least the last point would suggest he has something in common with them there,.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 135
Hagrid
November 16, 2019, 9:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 534
RH should tell the club to intercourse off. Disgusting from Jollet, just 2 years after the conduct of JF and the bald one at the forum
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 135
Mariner Timsky
November 16, 2019, 10:00pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
Who is in the room at this recording?? Is it MJ , JT and MD??

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 135
devs
November 16, 2019, 10:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 30
He obviously lost it big time
Can't defend it
But Dean and Tondeur are absolute lightweights
Tondeur is our Motty - in such a comfort zone he's become a caricature of himself
And he never ever says anything 100% yes or no
Asks questions like he's afraid of upsetting the applecart

"Well Michael, what did you make of that"
What a searching question!

Never asks the pertinent questions

"Why did you change a winning team from Exeter"
"Why do you constantly play players out of position"
"Why does the attacking option seem to be hoof it to Hanson"
"Why don't you play a settled side"

Dean tends to be very brave when he's in comfort of the radio station

With is great questioning such as "How big a win was that"

He deserves the answer "very big/quite big - next question"

So while Jolley was out of order he is 100% about him (and Tondeur) being complete lightweights
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 135
devs
November 16, 2019, 10:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 30
He obviously lost it big time
Can't defend it
But Dean and Tondeur are absolute lightweights
Tondeur is our Motty - in such a comfort zone he's become a caricature of himself
And he never ever says anything 100% yes or no
Asks questions like he's afraid of upsetting the applecart

"Well Michael, what did you make of that"
What a searching question!

Never asks the pertinent questions

"Why did you change a winning team from Exeter"
"Why do you constantly play players out of position"
"Why does the attacking option seem to be hoof it to Hanson"
"Why don't you play a settled side"

Dean tends to be very brave when he's in comfort of the radio station

With is great questioning such as "How big a win was that"

He deserves the answer "very big/quite big - next question"

So while Jolley was out of order he is 100% about him (and Tondeur) being complete lightweights
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 135
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Jolley having his say leaked..

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.