Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Jolley having his say leaked..
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 26 Guests

Jolley having his say leaked..

This thread currently has 28,224 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
RichMariner
November 17, 2019, 12:17am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Quoted from GrimRob
I would rather journalists ask difficult questions than just tow the party line.

Absolutely.

If the manager doesn't like the question then it's his right - and his opportunity - to say so live on air.

If Jolley wanted Matt Dean and John Tondeur to be 'straight up' and 'ask an honest question' on air then he should've been straight up and honest with them, on air, and demand one from them. He can't then wait to be 'off the record' and then have a go at them because that's hypocritical.

If Jolley wasn't happy with the questions on air then he should have said so on air because that would've been straight up and honest.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 60 - 135
forza ivano
November 17, 2019, 12:46am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,150
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from GrimRob
I would rather journalists ask difficult questions than just tow the party line.

That's rich, coming from you. Jsf only has to say jump and you ask how high? And I know, from personal experience
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 135
forza ivano
November 17, 2019, 12:52am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,150
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Badger57
Can't possibly defend M.J's actions here but if his right royal highness can totally reduce a bright, clever, erudite young manager to a mental, raging, incoherent foul mouthed thug in less than 2 years then what chance do we have of getting anybody turning round this poisoned chalice of a football club? None at all I would surmise. Sad times for GTFC. 😭
Really can't wait until you know who felicitations right off for good!

I was trying to think of how to phrase my reaction, and you've done it for me badger. I cannot believe that I am falling out of love with the team I've supported for nigh on 50 years.and every problem that you come across, and there are many, always, without fail, comes back to one man
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 135
sonofmadeleymariner
November 17, 2019, 1:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from marinerdazza

You think there’s ever been a Town (any football) manager in the last 40 years who has never said the f word in public or at a press meeting?

No not at all, but they shouldn't be in a professional setting like they are. Theres no doubt at some point they probably have, the point is they shouldn't be doing it and especially not in the manner Jolley is, even if it is out of frustration.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 135
Mayaman
November 17, 2019, 3:10am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,398
Gold Stars: 74
Why was this recorded?  Was it a private conversation?  If so, it's out of order that it was recorded.  Surely, people can say things off record.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 135
Abdul19
November 17, 2019, 8:13am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,547
Gold Stars: 215
Makes Rob Scott sound like facking Cliff Richard!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 135
Northbank Mariner
November 17, 2019, 8:23am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Abdul19
Makes Rob Scott sound like facking Cliff Richard!

Do we have a new "shouty" now??...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 135
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 17, 2019, 8:42am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from marinerdazza
Can’t get over how many people are offended by the f word. You’d almost think they’d never heard it in a football context. I think the word is snowflake...

Industrial language is everywhere, we know that. Anyone who has worked in construction, fishing, lumping or been in a pro dressing room knows that. Fenty knows that. It was not the words so much as how he was like a machine gun with them, almost spitting them at people who were there just trying to do their jobs. This being the person who remorselessly manipulated and smarmed the media to get himself cosy in the community when he came.  He showed that was a con. He only ever wanted the “How’s Macca’s cold today?” and “Any news on signings?” questions that he could flannel his way out of. Have we seen him explain the change of playing style? Has he offered any reasons why Hanson has suddenly ceased to trouble the scorers?

Once the going got tough, and it was Jolley who made the going tough, he wanted to blame the usual easy target. Nobody reduced him to a gibbering wreck but himself. Fenty has his faults, we could spend all day listing them, but he did not precipitate this outburst. It was all Jolley’s own work.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 135
Ipswin
November 17, 2019, 8:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Thank goodness this unhinged bank clerk wasn't given a bigger budget.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 135
golfer
November 17, 2019, 8:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,425
Gold Stars: 115
[quote=657]

Industrial language is everywhere, we know that. Anyone who has worked in construction, fishing, lumping or been in a pro dressing room knows that. Fenty knows that. It was not the words so much as how he was like a machine gun with them, almost spitting them at people who were there just trying to do their jobs. This being the person who remorselessly manipulated and smarmed the media to get himself cosy in the community when he came.  He showed that was a con. He only ever wanted the “How’s Macca’s cold today?” and “Any news on signings?” questions that he could flannel his way out of. Have we seen him explain the change of playing style? Has he offered any reasons why Hanson has suddenly ceased to trouble the scorers?

Once the going got tough, and it was Jolley who made the going tough, he wanted to blame the usual easy target. Nobody reduced him to a gibbering wreck but himself. Fenty has his faults, we could spend all day listing them, but he did not precipitate this outburst. It was all Jolley’s

J.S.F. haters aren't going to find you amusing Ron.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 135
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Jolley having his say leaked..

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.