Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Whatthefuckisgoingon?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 310 Guests

Whatthefuckisgoingon?

This thread currently has 17,881 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
November 9, 2019, 7:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,875
Gold Stars: 42
Yes, his players and he has had time to take the team forward.  The win at unbeaten Exeter looks now like the exception to the rule, not a statement of better results coming.

It should be a crime to bore loyal fans with dull, boring and defensive “football and tactics”.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 121
Heisenberg
November 9, 2019, 7:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,044
Gold Stars: 93

Whether that is true or not something has gone on - I can feel it in my water.

All of a sudden tetchiness creeps in from the manager, players don't seem to be convinced by tactics or lack thereof, and the cycle of optimism followed by despair starts all over again.

Well for starters, he’s leaving Clifton out because he says he can’t rely on him as he’s always on international duty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 121
LH
November 9, 2019, 7:40pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,509
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from denni266
Been saying for over a season that Jolley is no manager.. He does not have a clue how to manage. He is a coach not a manager. He has learned nothing in two years . There has been no real improvement in play or win percentage. The heat is now starting to build , lets see how his fine words start to alter now things are getting warm.. He has got some reasonable players but does not know what to do with them

You say the same about everyone who manages us though  so no-one listens!
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 121
golfer
November 9, 2019, 7:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Gaffer58
Are training sessions open to the public, because if they are it would be interesting to see what happens on the training pitch, I cannot believe they train to just boot it to Hanson and hope. Probably they should just play 11 versus 11 and learn to play the ball on the deck.

I don't know what is going on in training but every player seems worse now than what they were at the start of the season,whether it is injury or interference I don't know . Somebody or something has caused it and you can't sack something At the start of the season it was "Please Please Me" by The Beatles-now it's "Goodbyee Goodbyee" by Everybody.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 121
TAGG
November 9, 2019, 8:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Poojah
We just happen to be in the bad patch stage of the good patch / bad patch cycle we’ve been on since Jolley arrived.
it’s not that he lacks tactical ability

Sorry cant agree
I was willing to give MJ time to mould a good solid team to push for promotion.
After today I have to give him credit for the squad we now have but that alone is not good enough.
If you then if you don’t have the acumen to use your resources in the correct way then it’s time to go.
Today showed me that the bloke has not got a clue.
I did hate saying this as I wanted a long term plan to get our club playing at higher level  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 121
November 9, 2019, 8:46pm
Guest User
Quoted from Gaffer58
Are training sessions open to the public, because if they are it would be interesting to see what happens on the training pitch, I cannot believe they train to just boot it to Hanson and hope. Probably they should just play 11 versus 11 and learn to play the ball on the deck.

If only we had Hope to help Hanson.
Reply: 25 - 121
lew chaterleys lover
November 9, 2019, 8:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from TAGG

Sorry cant agree
I was willing to give MJ time to mould a good solid team to push for promotion.
After today I have to give him credit for the squad we now have but that alone is not good enough.
If you then if you don’t have the acumen to use your resources in the correct way then it’s time to go.
Today showed me that the bloke has not got a clue.
I did hate saying this as I wanted a long term plan to get our club playing at higher level  

I agree with your general thrust, but I always say it is up to the board to have a "long term" plan to push the club on to better things (apart from ours, obviously).

The managers job is to get results; no good having any long term plans if you cannot get results. Not only is he not getting results (with a group of players I thought  were better than previous seasons) but is playing the most boring, unexciting football.

When ARE we going to see some excitement? The last few games we have not made the keeper move a muscle, don't get into the box, don't have a prolonged period of pressure, don't have any shots and score precious few goals.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 121
MuddyWaters
November 9, 2019, 9:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,240
Gold Stars: 235

I agree with your general thrust, but I always say it is up to the board to have a "long term" plan to push the club on to better things (apart from ours, obviously).

The managers job is to get results; no good having any long term plans if you cannot get results. Not only is he not getting results (with a group of players I thought  were better than previous seasons) but is playing the most boring, unexciting football.

When ARE we going to see some excitement? The last few games we have not made the keeper move a muscle, don't get into the box, don't have a prolonged period of pressure, don't have any shots and score precious few goals.

If the long term plan is to save a few shekels to pay off the loans then I fear we’ll be fighting to retain our league status again with the current game plan and the manager’s mentality.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 121
HertsGTFC
November 9, 2019, 9:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Couple of things on this,

I don’t think Jolley and Limbrick are making the players any better in term of performance and developing their game this was evident today and twice against Cambridge when Rose had clean break opportunities and rather than knocking it past the defender and putting the afterburners on he chose to try and dribble it and lost possession, poor coaching that IMHO.

If Jolley applied for the Lincoln job I’d be surprised as he’s clearly intelligent enough to work out that they’d never go for a lower half Div 4 Manager.

Apart from that whoever says he applied for the Lincoln job is a an idiot as they would have needed permission from GTFC to talk to him and as the club technically is a PLC that permission would have had to have been made public by corporate law.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 121
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 9, 2019, 9:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Couple of things on this,

I don’t think Jolley and Limbrick are making the players any better in term of performance and developing their game this was evident today and twice against Cambridge when Rose had clean break opportunities and rather than knocking it past the defender and putting the afterburners on he chose to try and dribble it and lost possession, poor coaching that IMHO.

If Jolley applied for the Lincoln job I’d be surprised as he’s clearly intelligent enough to work out that they’d never go for a lower half Div 4 Manager.

Apart from that whoever says he applied for the Lincoln job is a an idiot as they would have needed permission from GTFC to talk to him and as the club technically is a PLC that permission would have had to have been made public by corporate law.

I don’t know any more about the Lincoln rumour than anyone else but I do know “applied” would be a great exaggeration and any communications would have been extremely well under the radar.

But you have a nail on the head there with MJ and his assistant. I expected we would see lesser known players improved into at least L2 level and on  to a level where Championship clubs start sniffing round. That was his big self-promotion point wasn’t it? Instead we see players going backwards or reaching a plateau too soon like Clifton and Rose. I fear for other youngsters in this situation.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 121
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Whatthefuckisgoingon?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.